$100 a day returns - all new for 2014

Day 8
Friday 24th October

Sadly home for us today. Only a 7 day trip – we weren’t supposed to be going at all due to moving house.

Breakfast

I headed to the bayliner food court to fill up the refill mugs. We never actually ate here but what I saw of the food looked nice.

IMG-20141102-WA0027.jpg
IMG-20141102-WA0026.jpg
IMG-20141102-WA0028.jpg

We wanted a lighter breakfast today so shared some dunkin donuts we had picked up the night before from the dunkin donuts at Dr Phillips.

IFTTTFacebook.jpg

$6

I did notice they sold donuts at the foodcourt for $1.50 each but not as fancy as the dunkin ones.

We had a last swim and used the refill mugs. I discovered the pool bars had normal soda refill machines as well as the ones in the food court (not the freestyle ones though)
I’d also asked for a slighter later checkout until 12 noon which was fine.

Lunch
Teak Neighbourhood Grill

20141024_121201.jpg

Dh’s choice. We had planned on eating up at Sanford but he wanted to return.
We ate on the patio again.

DD had the kids alfredo pasta and soda which was ok. It was a huge portion but she preferred the burger.

I had the bolder betty burger with saute potatoes. The burger was lovely – provolone cheese, smoked bacon mayonnaise, tomato, avocado slaw, tortilla strips and guava bbq sauce on a brioche bun. $11

IFTTTFacebook.jpg

All the sides we tried were really nice too and a change from the usual fries.

DH had the heart of teak. We couldn’t see this on the menu but had seen it online and asked and it was no problem. It is half the ‘teak challenge’ – cost $20. 1 lb of Burgers with swiss and provolone cheese, bacon, onion rings, deep fried mozzarella, chilli, jalapenos and salad. DH had it with garlic fries

IMG-20141024-WA0000.jpg

This was a monster – DH managed most of it but had to leave some bread and cheese. There is no way DH could have got near the teak challenge which is 2 of these.
(DH is 6ft 4 and able to put away food!!)
They have a wall of fame with 3 that have managed the challenge and a wall of shame with lots of people who have failed looking peeky. If you eat the $40 challenge you get it free.
DH was glad he tried it and the pics have caused a lot of amusement but he actually preferred the more manageable burger.
We both just had soda to drink.
Total $57 inc tip

Snacks

As we flew premium with Thomson we got the palm lounge at Sanford included. They had soft drinks, coffee and biscuits plus 2 beers or wine per person. There was also wifi.

Dinner
Plane

Choice was beef or chicken. Food was ok but not as good as way out imo. Breakfast was a cooked breakfast but I couldn’t face it. As we were premium alcohol and drinks were also included.

Total $63

Oh thank you so much. Looks like we might be doing an almost similar trip to yours (minus MNSSHP) and you have given me so many ideas especially as we travel the day after my birthday

Was just thinking recently that I would so love if you did another report after this trip so was delighted to see this here! Thanks for sharing! I am still chuckling at the pic of your DD with the Lard Lad donut, her face is priceless and the donut is almost as big as she is lol. So cute! Shes gone so big!!
I have added First Watch to my list for next year, sounds excellent! Thanks for the money saving tips :goodvibes

Really enjoying the report. Some of it brings back memories, particularly Bubba Gumps.:):)

Thanks. It was our first time at bubba humps but will be back this October. Dh's birthday is October so should get the $25 bonus on the landrys card too.

A great food report :thumbsup2 ice cream for breakfast, you must be on holiday:cheer2:

Definitely!

Great foodie report as usual. The golf &meal deal looks good, hope it's on next year.

Deal is still on universal website for $23.99 will definitely buy again for this year.

brilliant report , my to do list just got a lot longer !!

Thank you

Oh thank you so much. Looks like we might be doing an almost similar trip to yours (minus MNSSHP) and you have given me so many ideas especially as we travel the day after my birthday

Thank you. We are having another non Disney trip this year at dd's request (Harry potter mad)

Was just thinking recently that I would so love if you did another report after this trip so was delighted to see this here! Thanks for sharing! I am still chuckling at the pic of your DD with the Lard Lad donut, her face is priceless and the donut is almost as big as she is lol. So cute! Shes gone so big!!
I have added First Watch to my list for next year, sounds excellent! Thanks for the money saving tips :goodvibes

She loved those donuts. It is on her must do list for this year. First watch is good been twice. Do join the email club for 1 free breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter