10 y/o ordering a kids meal

THESCHULTZFIVE

DIS Veteran<br><font color=00cc00>I'm really nuts
My oldest DD will be 10 y/o when we go so she will have an adult ticket. I was just looking at some of the menus of the places we plan to eat and I think at some of them she will prefer to eat from the kids menu. Can she do that? If so, how does that work with the credits? Will they just know to take off an adult credit even though it's a kids meal or will they take 2 from my 4 y/o DD? If it's a big deal then I guess we'll have to convinve her to try something new. TIA

The credits are pooled and right now there is no difference between adult and child other than the cost when you purchase the plan. So if everyone orders and entree whether it be child or adult, they will just deduct a TS for each entree.

Now with that said, I do know that some people have had trouble ordering a kid's meal for a 10 or 11 yr old. Just depends on the CM at the time I guess, or some restaurants have stricter policies. I have also heard of adults ordering from the child's menu but the portions are made bigger and cost more than if it were a child.

My son will be 10 when we go so I'm thinking of just sharing our meal (unless of course we go to a buffet) or paying out of pocket for a child's meal if they let us order one. Then we will save up that TS credit for another meal where we share of come out of pocket.

I really think this age group is getting ripped on this plan. You have parent's of 9 year olds getting the plan and paying 10.99 and using them to get adult meals.

And you have parents with 10 year olds having to pay the $37.99 and their child does not want all this food.

There really needs to be an Junior meal plan, for say 9-12 year olds and price it somewhere between.

I feel for the family with children this age. Unless you are doing Signature restaurants or Character Meals, I can't see the savings in this group unless your child is a heavy eater.

Got2travel- thanks for the info. I didn't realize there was no difference in the credits. We'll just hope that if she dosen't want something from the adult menu we have a nice CM. I'll let her ask because I don't think any CM's really want to look at her sitting there starving if she can't eat what she wants to.

Sammie-I agree with you 100%. I don't think most 10 y/o eat like an adult. My DD9 brings home her uncrustable from school half eaten. If she can't even finish half of a sandwich that fits in the plam of her hand, then she's not going to eat all the food that we're paying for for her. I've eaten with her class before and all the kids are the same way. I think all of us parents with kids this age know that we're not going to get our money's worth, but until Disney takes your suggestion, what can we do. Although in my case, I know DH will finish whatever DD9 dosen't eat.

we had no problem getting kids' meals for our dd/11 anywhere we went... but we did use an adult credit for her (well, we used a credit and hers were all adult LOL)... we were given the option of paying oop for one meal where she ordered a kids' meal but we didn't bother as then we'd have one lone TS credit to use up! LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter