1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

10% off at WDW Disney Debit Card ?

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by Callalily6, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Callalily6

Callalily6 DIS Veteran

I was reading the fine print to see where/ how I could use the Disney Debit Card and get the 10% off at the park. We usually charge stuff to the room and pay the final bill at check out. Can I use this perk like that? Anyone know?

2. taaren

taaren "There is more treasure in books than in all the p

Nope. If you use the 10% discount, you have to pay with the Disney CC or the Disney debit card in your case, not with your room key. Its also a minimum $50 purchase. Also, it doesn't stack with any other discounts such as an Annual Pass discount or DVC member discount, etc.

We've used it before, in which case we usually see 2-3 items over the course of the trip that we want, then just buy them all at once at the store that has them so we can make the $50 minimum (we're not big souvenir spenders).

3. Callalily6

Callalily6 DIS Veteran

Thanks! Can it be used in the Art of Disney shops? Fine print said no collectibles.

4. taaren

taaren "There is more treasure in books than in all the p

Not sure. Only time one of our party members bought something there, we all had AP's that year so he used his AP discount to buy one of those light box scenes for his gf. Someone else will know.