10 Mths of WDW Planning leads us to~~DISNEYLAND!! Report Completed~Pic Heavy!!!

Just got a phone call from Disney Dining regarding the WDW Candlelight Processional we had a reservation for (that we've cancelled....so I made her double check that we indeed had cancelled). Our celebrity narrator was supposed to be Olivia Newton-John and was the last thing that was making me sad we had to cancel our WDW trip. This was something I was really looking forward to. Disney Dining informed me that they were calling to inform me that the celebrity narrator had been changed to Lea Salonga (voice of Mulan). So the one last thing that was making me sad about switching to Disneyland is now gone!! Just a sign that our family going to Disneyland was the right decision!!!! :banana:

Laurie - finally had some time to catch up on your new trip report. So glad that everything is finally working out!

Laurie - finally had some time to catch up on your new trip report. So glad that everything is finally working out!

Thanx for stopping in Bridget!!! We're relieved to know, this is coming to an end.....I'll feel much better when I actually have the check in hand (and reservations made)!!! :yay:

I agree, airfare prices are scary.....part of our biggest reason to cancel the WDW trip. So I understand it!

The 3 resorts are expensive, but keep in mind there are really nice places across the street (some are closer than the PPH or DLH) and a lot cheaper. (everything is in close proximity)

Yeah, I have considered Ho Jo's. So shall see what we decide in the coming years :goodvibes

Yeah, I have considered Ho Jo's. So shall see what we decide in the coming years :goodvibes

Hopefully you'll be able to make it out our way!!! It will be a totally different experience you're used to.....but DL feels so special!!

Yay Im all caught up Im so happy for you this trip looks like so much fun! I cant wait to read and see your Trip report!

Yay Im all caught up Im so happy for you this trip looks like so much fun! I cant wait to read and see your Trip report!

Thanx Sid!!! :banana: We're excited to see the new CarsLand and of course all the holiday decorations!!

Hey Laurie -

Looks like everything is working out well for you - I adore Olivia-Newton John. Grease is one of my all time favorite movies - nostalgia at its best :thumbsup2

Kris

Hey Laurie -

Looks like everything is working out well for you - I adore Olivia-Newton John. Grease is one of my all time favorite movies - nostalgia at its best :thumbsup2

Kris

I think with her cancelling, just goes to show that it wasn't our time to go to WDW. I would have LOVED to have seen her!!

Hi Kaitlin!!! I lost your TR link!!! How was your summer trip????

Derek is working at the All Star Sports Resort until Jan. 2 (or 3rd) and then he was hoping to extend his program if he could transfer to Disneyland. If he can't he'll be coming home!!

I know he'd love to work for Disneyland (and with his awesome discounts, that would help us out.....lol). Just not sure of his plans right now.

Kaitlin can you give me the link to your report please!!
Sure. Here's the link:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2981391

So let's do another theme.......how about some Grand Californian Hotel pics?!!!

This was my first night and I finally caught up with my buddy Janelle for a late dinner at Tortilla Jo's and then as we walked back to the PPH, we stopped for a pic at the GCH's tree:

477.jpg

The next morning as I was walking up to the GCH:

033.jpg

Beautiful Poinsettias:

034.jpg

The Grand tree!

035-1.jpg

The gifts under the tree:

036.jpg

Close up on the tree:

037-1.jpg

038.jpg

Christmas glasses in the GCH gift shop:

040.jpg

Some Christmas ornaments in the gift shop:

041.jpg

Oh and 48 Days to go!!

The GCH is absolutely beautiful and especially on the holidays! I can't wait to see it this Christmas season if I visit DL on Christmas Day.

The GCH is absolutely beautiful and especially on the holidays! I can't wait to see it this Christmas season if I visit DL on Christmas Day.

It was stunning to see the tree in person....pictures don't do it justice. Of course I feel that way on all the tree pics I took that trip.....lol

OMG, I'm stoked!!! I just read the Disney Blog and the narrator scheduled (at this time) to be there on the night I "scheduled" to do the Candlelight Processional is DICK VAN DYKE!!!!!! :cool1: I sure hope I can secure dining package for my family when those are released/announced!!!!

Ok, I apologize for my absence......lots of goings on over the weekend and the last couple days. First things first........... :dance3: After 38 weeks, we finally received our IRS Adoption Credit yesterday!!!!! :dance3: So I spent yesterday and today securing plans and making arrangements and such. So here's the skinny!!!

Lots of changes, so here we go!!

We are leaving on Friday, December 7, early morning in a 12 passenger van and heading south. Yup you heard me right........ :drive: ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!! (we were having issues finding and reserving a large enough vehicle without having a credit card......so after pricing a vehicle down there for a week versus renting one here and driving both ways.....we found it was cheaper to drive)......so there you have it........ "On the Road Again....."!!

So the plan is to drive to Sacramento on Day One. I've prepaid for a 2 bdrm/2 bath suite at Homewood Suites. We'll be meeting up with a number of my Diva friends and their families for dinner that night. Can't wait to see all those great ladies!!! :yay:

Saturday, December 8 we will head south to Hollywood! I've prepaid for 2 two dbl bed rooms near the Walk of Fame at a Best Western. I've purchased tickets to go to the Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum. We'll either eat dinner at the Disney Soda Fountain (kinda depends on the line to get in) or at the Hard Rock Cafe in the Hollywood & Highland Shopping Center.

Sunday, December 9 we will head to Anaheim and the Santa Ana Airport to pick up Derek!!! :dancer: I'm so excited to see him!!!! He left for the WDW College Program first of June and this mama misses her boy......BAD!!! :love1:
After we pick him up, we'll head to the Paradise Pier Hotel and check in to our 2 Upper Level Theme Park View/Concierge Rooms!!!!! :jumping1: (which is reserved and paid in full.....minus the parking fee). After oooohing and aaaaaahing over our rooms and view.....we'll head out to the Disneyland Cast Member store~~Company D to get some great bargains. We might even poke our nose into the Character Warehouse before getting lunch at In & Out Burger. We'll head back and hang out in DTD before our dinner at the PCH Grill. We'll watch World of Color from our rooms.

Monday, December 10 we'll do the parks. Breakfast at Carnation Cafe and dinner at the Big Thunder BBQ.

Tuesday, December 11 we'll do the parks. Breakfast in the Concierge Lounge, Lunch at the Jolly Holiday Cafe and Dinner at the Cafe Orleans.

Wednesday, December 12 we'll do the parks. Breakfast at Surf's Up and hopefully :cloud9: getting Candlelight Processional Dining Package so we can hear Dick Van Dyke narrate!!!!!!!!!!! :rainbow:

Thursday, December 13 we'll do the parks. Breakfast at Minnie & Friends and Dinner at Goofy's Kitchen.

Friday, December 14 we'll do the parks. Breakfast at Tangaroa Terrace and Dinner at Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen.

Saturday, December 15 we'll start our day at the Concierge Lounge for Breakfast. Derek will be heading back to Florida sometime this day and we'll be heading to the LA Zoo & Griffith Park Observatory.........OR.........we'll just hang out and relax, last minute shopping or take a drive to the beach. We're kinda keeping this day open as we don't know how the twins will be doing by this point and what time Derek leaves. Dinner will be at Tortilla Jo's.

Sunday, December 16 we'll have breakfast at Storyteller's Cafe. We'll be leaving the PPH and heading North. We'll travel as far as Willows CA (which is North of Sacramento).

Monday, December 17 we'll eat breakfast at the Black Bear Diner and then head North of home!! :sad: The trip will be over!

So to recap:

NO FLYING~~no worry about how twins will do on the flights, no hassle of a dozen pieces of luggage, 2 car seats and 2 strollers plus kids thru the airport. No anxiety over not being able to reserve a big vehicle because we don't have a credit card.

ROAD TRIP~~leaving 2 days earlier, adding motel stays on the way down and back, getting to meet up with some wonderful ladies, not worrying about the twins making noise and annoying anyone other than us. Cheaper rental to drive both ways instead of renting down in Anaheim for a week.

PPH~~getting to spend 7 glorious nights in luxury with a killer view with my family!!! Derek's CM discount is AMAZING which is allowing us to enjoy this!

EXTRA DAYS~~having to give up some things we were really hoping to do this trip: Farmer's Market/The Grove, LaBrea Tar Pits, Burbank/Disney Studios, Universal CityWalk, possibly the LA Zoo and Griffith Park Observatory if our last day doesn't pan out due to time restraints or tired kiddos.

PRE-PAID~~2 motels on trip down, 1 motel on trip back, 7 nights at the PPH, Madame Tussaud's, the girls 5 day ParkHoppers, my Premium AP Renewal & 10 $100 Disney Gift Cards. (I'm holding off on the 3 guys/adult PH's until Derek can figure out how many days he can sign in guests)

RESERVED~~Our 12 passenger van (they won't let you pre-pay)

So things are falling into place quite nicely and we're starting to count the days!!!!

38.png

I love your new itinerary! Driving from Oregon should be fun (I moved to Culver City from Crooked River Ranch four months ago and I love it here!) - I had my car shipped and flew but driving should be so much fun and lots of beautiful scenery along the way.

You must be so excited to see your son and get to stay at Paradise Pier. I can't wait to go see Disneyland around Christmas time - I think I mentioned before that I haven't been there since 1983 and I'll be alone for Christmas this year so hope to meet up with some Disers on Christmas Day.

You have given me so many ideas of places to eat and see (can't wait to see if you visit Disney Soda Fountain (I was there a couple of weeks ago - really wish I had stayed to eat because it wasn't crowded at all and it was a Saturday too!) Can't wait to read all about your trip and am loving the updates!

I love your new itinerary! Driving from Oregon should be fun (I moved to Culver City from Crooked River Ranch four months ago and I love it here!) - I had my car shipped and flew but driving should be so much fun and lots of beautiful scenery along the way.

You must be so excited to see your son and get to stay at Paradise Pier. I can't wait to go see Disneyland around Christmas time - I think I mentioned before that I haven't been there since 1983 and I'll be alone for Christmas this year so hope to meet up with some Disers on Christmas Day.

You have given me so many ideas of places to eat and see (can't wait to see if you visit Disney Soda Fountain (I was there a couple of weeks ago - really wish I had stayed to eat because it wasn't crowded at all and it was a Saturday too!) Can't wait to read all about your trip and am loving the updates!

Hi Debbie!!

We usually road trip to Disneyland.....I've flown down for the Dis Diva Trips but my kids have never flown. I was looking forward of getting down there quick, but there would have been so much to do and carry thru the airport that I would have a been a basket case before we even got to the gates. This way I can shop till I drop cause I WILL make room in the van to get it home.....lol I'm good at "Tetrus"!!

Last time we were in Hollywood we had a bit of a wait to get in just for ice cream.....so I know seating is limited and we have a big family. We might try to get in to the gift shop and then eat at Hard Rock.

So glad you finally received your check and could officially book everything

Your itinerary looks great

So excited to hear all about it when you get back and see all the christmas pics of course

:santa:

So glad you finally received your check and could officially book everything

Your itinerary looks great

So excited to hear all about it when you get back and see all the christmas pics of course

:santa:

Thanks Kelly.....I tell you it was the longest 38 weeks EVER!!!! I wasn't sure this was ever gonna get resolved.

:santa: Can't wait to take this show on the road!!!!! :moped:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!