10 Mths of WDW Planning leads us to~~DISNEYLAND!! Report Completed~Pic Heavy!!!

Phineas & Ferb is a fun show with catchy tunes (especially if you watch the show regularly).

14428.jpg

14430.jpg

14433.jpg

14436.jpg

14438.jpg

PhineDroids & Ferbots!!

14443.jpg

14445.jpg

14446.jpg

........WORD!..........

14448.jpg

Addy got to go up and join in on the dancing!

14451.jpg

14456.jpg

The Camp Fire Girl that was leading Addy's group was REALLY IN TO HER ROLE!!! lol She was a fabulous dancer and her face was so animated. I couldn't take my eyes off of her.....she stole the show! Unfortunately, it was almost impossible to get a picture of her, as she was always on the move.

14459.jpg

14462.jpg

14471.jpg

They had the kids all come together so parents could get pictures.

14473.jpg

14474.jpg

In honor of Christmas.....time for antlers!

14475.jpg

14476.jpg

14477.jpg

14479.jpg

14484.jpg

14486.jpg

14487a.jpg

Yay for Phineas and Ferb! It's a family favorite and DS7 is obsessed with it. I am looking forward to seeing the show and it's nice to know they have pre-show entertainment too.

I was kind of hoping the show would be a surprise for the kids, but I got the Disneyland Explorer app on my iPad and the kids have been all over it lately!

PHXscuba

Yay for Phineas and Ferb! It's a family favorite and DS7 is obsessed with it. I am looking forward to seeing the show and it's nice to know they have pre-show entertainment too.

I was kind of hoping the show would be a surprise for the kids, but I got the Disneyland Explorer app on my iPad and the kids have been all over it lately!

PHXscuba

Check the daily schedule for show times. I don't know if they always have the entertainment prior to their show or we got lucky??!! Super fun show to watch and tap your foot too. We ALL love Phineas & Ferb!!

Glad you got the pins you were looking for

Mater looked so cute with his Santa hat on :goodvibes

Phineas and Ferb show looks like a lot of fun. Looks like Addy was having a great time :cool1:

Great update. Great pics again! i especially like the ones in the Elias & Co. Thats one we have never done our trips is explore all the shops. I like the interior aesthetics. Am I just being a scrooge or is it weird seeing all those starbucks stores in DLR? Oh well, I guess I'll finally drink coffee there again. :joker:

All good. Just bummed I don't get my employee discount on drinks. Will be expensive.

LOL......I guess you'll have to try something else to drink!!

Glad you got the pins you were looking for

Mater looked so cute with his Santa hat on :goodvibes

Phineas and Ferb show looks like a lot of fun. Looks like Addy was having a great time :cool1:

I should have gotten pics of the pins....one I gave away but if I remember....I'll get a pic of mine.

I loved Mater with the hat on.....cute!!

Addy loved getting picked to go out & dance. She tried really hard to imitate the dancing they were doing. Fun show!

Great update. Great pics again! i especially like the ones in the Elias & Co. Thats one we have never done our trips is explore all the shops. I like the interior aesthetics. Am I just being a scrooge or is it weird seeing all those starbucks stores in DLR? Oh well, I guess I'll finally drink coffee there again. :joker:

Disney doesn't skimp on the details.....even in the stores. I'm always amazed at all the little touches in every corner!!

A lot of people are unsure about their feelings of Starbucks being introduced into the parks....ike I said, I'm not a coffee drinker.....so I don't really have an opinion on it.

Whew! I finally got a chance to finish your tr Laurie! It took me DAYS because I work full time so I would put a shortcut on my desktop & pick up where I left off in the evenings or weekends. I even read it a couple of times during my short lunches (I get 1/2 hr, but we get off at 430, so I don't mind)

I enjoyed reading and reliving the memories, especially since I had just been there the week before you. I didn't take 1/2 as many of the pics though, you and Mike have such a good eye for details and I love the close ups! There is so much to take in when you're there, most times we miss those things!

Your kids are so adorable, I loved the dresses the girls wore to Goofy's, how nice that you got to go to more than one character meal with them! I am going to leave it up to Ian & Chloe (my son and his girlfriend) when we go in June, but I'm hoping they choose Minnie & Friends breakfast @ the Plaza Inn, because Ian has been to Goofy's, although either one would be good!

I'm so excited for you and Mike's 30th anniversary trip to WDW!! Can't wait to see the pics from that!! I look forward to Theron and I doing the same thing someday, but we are just celebrating our 22nd this year, on April 12th. Our 25th is in 3 years, so maybe that is what we'll do then! I would love to go during the Flower & Garden Festival since we've never been. We have been during the Food & Wine Festival, which is so much fun!

As I'm laying here listening to the winter wind outside, I'm dreaming of June when we are heading down to the Happiest Place on Earth!

Thank you for allowing us to live vicariously through you with your wonderful TR. I sure enjoyed every minute of it! I just booked one of my sisters, her husband, her oldest daughter and their granddaughter in a room for 5 nights, premium concierge view no less, at the DL hotel! I sure wish I was going! They are going next month. We have 17 weeks and 4 days! (vacation app)

Have a MAGICAL weekend!
Kelly ;)

Whew! I finally got a chance to finish your tr Laurie! It took me DAYS because I work full time so I would put a shortcut on my desktop & pick up where I left off in the evenings or weekends. I even read it a couple of times during my short lunches (I get 1/2 hr, but we get off at 430, so I don't mind)

I enjoyed reading and reliving the memories, especially since I had just been there the week before you. I didn't take 1/2 as many of the pics though, you and Mike have such a good eye for details and I love the close ups! There is so much to take in when you're there, most times we miss those things!

Your kids are so adorable, I loved the dresses the girls wore to Goofy's, how nice that you got to go to more than one character meal with them! I am going to leave it up to Ian & Chloe (my son and his girlfriend) when we go in June, but I'm hoping they choose Minnie & Friends breakfast @ the Plaza Inn, because Ian has been to Goofy's, although either one would be good!

I'm so excited for you and Mike's 30th anniversary trip to WDW!! Can't wait to see the pics from that!! I look forward to Theron and I doing the same thing someday, but we are just celebrating our 22nd this year, on April 12th. Our 25th is in 3 years, so maybe that is what we'll do then! I would love to go during the Flower & Garden Festival since we've never been. We have been during the Food & Wine Festival, which is so much fun!

As I'm laying here listening to the winter wind outside, I'm dreaming of June when we are heading down to the Happiest Place on Earth!

Thank you for allowing us to live vicariously through you with your wonderful TR. I sure enjoyed every minute of it! I just booked one of my sisters, her husband, her oldest daughter and their granddaughter in a room for 5 nights, premium concierge view no less, at the DL hotel! I sure wish I was going! They are going next month. We have 17 weeks and 4 days! (vacation app)

Have a MAGICAL weekend!
Kelly ;)

We love the character meals....I would have done all 5 if I could have talked the family into doing the Ariel's Princess one for a dinner. Love the dinner's at that restaurant!!

June will get here before you know it!!! I mean January is already over!! Not sure where it went....... :rotfl:

I'm heading out in about 3 1/2 wks so mine will be here FAST!!!! Looking forward to spending time with Nick & Marie!

A little break from the Trip Report to share our Disney Movie Night!!!!!

Derek had mentioned he missed our movie nights when he was in Florida and wanted to do Tangled. So I started looking at things we could do......problem was, most of it was for girl parties.....not really fitting for covering all the ages we have in our house. So this took some time to get organized.........but worth the wait!!

Here's the Itinerary & Menu for tonight!!

001.jpg

First up was the Tangled Trivia. I had 25 questions I found on the internet and each question had 4 choices. I gave each person 4 note cards with an "A", "B", "C" and "D". I'd ask the question and they'd show the card to answer. Tyler was the only one that went 25 for 25!!

004.jpg

005.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

Next up was dinner. Flynn's Oktoberfest (since the story is based in Germany)

008.jpg

Rapunzel's Braided Pretzels

007.jpg

Maximus' Apple(sauce) & Mother Gothel's Grapes

012.jpg

Attila the Thug's Cupcakes

006.jpg

YUM

013.jpg

After dinner it was time to sit and watch the movie. Unfortunately, Michayla has come down with the flu......poor baby!

014.jpg

020.jpg

Watching the movie.

017.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

Too cute! I have a feeling Tyler likes Tangled!:goodvibes

When we finished the movie, we played a version of "Pin the Tail on the Donkey". Ours was hit Flynn Ryder in the head with a frying pan. Here's my attempt at free handing Flynn's Wanted poster.........

018.jpg

I drew a circle to be where we aimed and we started with the youngest to the oldest. Here's Shyann.

022.jpg

Then Addy.

023.jpg

Sorry for the blurry pic of Anthony, but he had just put the frying pan on me (I was standing off to the right of the target......lol)

024.jpg

Next up was Derek.

025.jpg

Then Tyler's turn.

026.jpg

My turn.

029.jpg

Then dads.

033.jpg

Dad & Derek were the closest but we think Dad had more of the "circle" covered.

034.jpg

To finish up the night, it was time for Attila the Thug's cupcakes (marble cupcakes with chocolate/marshmallow frosting.....yummo!!) Shy had a rice krispy bar with frosting on it.

036.jpg

035.jpg

037.jpg

038.jpg

039.jpg

040.jpg

Another fun movie night & the kids were thanking me for doing another one. It's been a while since we did one.

I don't know how you can get through the day without every child you ever meet wanting to live in your house!:rotfl2: You and Mike are such amazing parents, and you make things so fun for your kids - I just picture that any other kids (friends of your kids or schoolmates or whomever) you come across would automatically want to live with you!

Even if there were no trips to DLR (which is a terrible thought, I know), the clever and imaginative movie nights alone are amazing! The fact that you put so much thought and careful planning into the movie theme nights, right down to getting the perfect themed tableware, labels or accessories, giving the food themed names, etc., is just incredible.

You would actually make a fantastic party/event planner for all age groups, I think! You've got exactly the right skills to put incredible themed parties together.

And then there is the Camp, which the kids so clearly enjoy. You've definitely got to be the "Fun Mommy" out of all the mommies you know. I can't see how anyone else could compare.

Refresh my memory - first, you've got the Nick/Marie/Divas trip fast approaching. Then, you and Mike are going to aim for a WDW trip early next year, for 2 weeks, correct? Will that WDW trip take place during the Flower & Garden Festival?

And finally, in between your Diva trip and your hopeful WDW trip, you don't anticipate that you will be going back to DLR for the holidays or anything else in 2013 (short of a sudden windfall)? That will be sad, although I certainly understand all too well how it hard it is to pull those trips off when there is no $$$ to go around. And it's not like you live close enough to DLR where that you could just pop over for a day trip and go home. It would have to be a fully planned vacation.

Also, good luck with the housing situation later this year - I hope you all are able to find the perfect place to live. I just wish it was not happening so soon after you moved into your current house!

Hey Laurie! Here I am playing catch-up again.

Loved the parade pics, especially the toy soldiers - I've always liked them. Pooh and Tigger were very cute on the sleds. Awww, Eyeore's sled broke. And thank you for the pics of Lady Tremaine, Druzella, and Anistasia - they are some of my favs with their flair for overacting :lmao:

Nice to see some of the princesses out walking instead of being trapped on floats. And yay for all 7 dwarves! Quite the float for Santa - and vavavoom on his helpers walking behind him!

I love everyone's smiles on BTMRR! :)

Glad you found a doll you liked and got it signed. Cute Snow White collection and I liked the Brave doll next to them :thumbsup2

Nice shots around Condor Air - I had never noticed the flight schedule. I had also never seen the Minnie's Fly Girls routine, it looked like fun. Thank you for all of the detail pics in the shops - I haven't seen a lot of that yet.

No, I had never noticed that was a bouy!

I'm glad the twins enjoyed the trashcan routine. They are a kick :goodvibes

So cool that Phineas and Ferb did that dance right in front of you guys!

Your Tangled night looked like a great success. I'm amazed at all you put into your movie nights - I know your family will have a lot of great memories of them.

Looking forward to more! :cool1:

I don't know how you can get through the day without every child you ever meet wanting to live in your house!:rotfl2: You and Mike are such amazing parents, and you make things so fun for your kids - I just picture that any other kids (friends of your kids or schoolmates or whomever) you come across would automatically want to live with you!

Even if there were no trips to DLR (which is a terrible thought, I know), the clever and imaginative movie nights alone are amazing! The fact that you put so much thought and careful planning into the movie theme nights, right down to getting the perfect themed tableware, labels or accessories, giving the food themed names, etc., is just incredible.

You would actually make a fantastic party/event planner for all age groups, I think! You've got exactly the right skills to put incredible themed parties together.

And then there is the Camp, which the kids so clearly enjoy. You've definitely got to be the "Fun Mommy" out of all the mommies you know. I can't see how anyone else could compare.

Refresh my memory - first, you've got the Nick/Marie/Divas trip fast approaching. Then, you and Mike are going to aim for a WDW trip early next year, for 2 weeks, correct? Will that WDW trip take place during the Flower & Garden Festival?

And finally, in between your Diva trip and your hopeful WDW trip, you don't anticipate that you will be going back to DLR for the holidays or anything else in 2013 (short of a sudden windfall)? That will be sad, although I certainly understand all too well how it hard it is to pull those trips off when there is no $$$ to go around. And it's not like you live close enough to DLR where that you could just pop over for a day trip and go home. It would have to be a fully planned vacation.

Also, good luck with the housing situation later this year - I hope you all are able to find the perfect place to live. I just wish it was not happening so soon after you moved into your current house!

Funny you mentioned party planner.....at one point I really wanted to become a wedding planner!! I think I'm trying to make up for the kids not getting birthday parties. The boys did when they were little, but the 4 younger ones haven't really had one.....partly because they don't seem to have a lot of friends and sending open invites to their entire class never worked for me. (you can't send invites for a couple kids, you have to send to the entire class). So we try to make some special nights for them. I love doing them and it gives me that Disney pick me up!!

Yes, I'm taking Nick & Marie the 27th of February thru March 3 or 4 (depending on flight costs) and then Mike & I are hoping to go late January or early February to WDW for our 30th Anniversary. I do have a possible September quickie trip but that's all up in the air....especially since the person I was going to be meeting up with is in poor health in the hospital & could be there 2-4 months. Other than that.....no holiday plans for the parks.

I'm hoping we luck out and find a great house like this one when time comes......makes me nervous since we really want to stay in this school district. I'm tired of moving the kids around. Doesn't help in the making friends department. :worried: Besides, I'm thrilled with the help the twins are getting!

Hey Laurie! Here I am playing catch-up again.

Loved the parade pics, especially the toy soldiers - I've always liked them. Pooh and Tigger were very cute on the sleds. Awww, Eyeore's sled broke. And thank you for the pics of Lady Tremaine, Druzella, and Anistasia - they are some of my favs with their flair for overacting :lmao:

Nice to see some of the princesses out walking instead of being trapped on floats. And yay for all 7 dwarves! Quite the float for Santa - and vavavoom on his helpers walking behind him!

I love everyone's smiles on BTMRR! :)

Glad you found a doll you liked and got it signed. Cute Snow White collection and I liked the Brave doll next to them :thumbsup2

Nice shots around Condor Air - I had never noticed the flight schedule. I had also never seen the Minnie's Fly Girls routine, it looked like fun. Thank you for all of the detail pics in the shops - I haven't seen a lot of that yet.

No, I had never noticed that was a bouy!

I'm glad the twins enjoyed the trashcan routine. They are a kick :goodvibes

So cool that Phineas and Ferb did that dance right in front of you guys!

Your Tangled night looked like a great success. I'm amazed at all you put into your movie nights - I know your family will have a lot of great memories of them.

Looking forward to more! :cool1:

Love the Toy Soldiers & the Evil Steps!!! I used to do the plays at Enchanted Forest (outside of Salem) and played an evil step-sister. I could still so do that part!!!! (of course at my age, they'd need me to do the step-mother.....lol)

I'm thinking the Brave/Merida doll is probably the newest to her collection. They all are pretty amazing!

We were waiting for the Phineas & Ferb show and Mike goes......"have you ever really looked at that"? (pointing to the buoy) I said yes, "did you know it was shaped like a buoy"? Yup, I did..........

We got there early for the show so we would be in front of where they would be dancing. Kids loved it!!

Movie nights are a lot of fun!!! :banana:

Tangled Night looked like a fun time.

Yummy food and fun activities for sure

Those cupcakes looked so good :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter