10/7-14/2012 Jamborini Meet for Food & Wine. Everyone is Welcome!

Organization is over-rated.

At least that's what I read in a book somewhere... can't find the book in all this mess, though!

OK, this morning was "look at the October stuff and find what is still needed" day. So, I looked...

Everything looked pretty good with one exception: the Food and Wine Classic 2-night package just didn't look like enough money, so I tried to look it up online. No go... Kept wanting me to call and talk to someone, so I called and got a not so helpful person at the Sheraton portion of the Starwood lines. She couldn't even wrap her head around what I was asking let alone be able to tell me what the total amount should be.

I got off the phone with her and called the Dolphin directly. Finally got the answer I was looking for but I am glad I called since the package will cost me twice what my confirmation states. :(

Under the package rate, they divided the total cost of the room in half instead of doubling it for a two night stay! :eek:

So, double check your paperwork, my friends... Two nights ought to cost over $600 total, not a tad over $300! :rotfl:

OK, this morning was "look at the October stuff and find what is still needed" day. So, I looked...

Everything looked pretty good with one exception: the Food and Wine Classic 2-night package just didn't look like enough money, so I tried to look it up online. No go... Kept wanting me to call and talk to someone, so I called and got a not so helpful person at the Sheraton portion of the Starwood lines. She couldn't even wrap her head around what I was asking let alone be able to tell me what the total amount should be.

I got off the phone with her and called the Dolphin directly. Finally got the answer I was looking for but I am glad I called since the package will cost me twice what my confirmation states. :(

Under the package rate, they divided the total cost of the room in half instead of doubling it for a two night stay! :eek:

So, double check your paperwork, my friends... Two nights ought to cost over $600 total, not a tad over $300! :rotfl:

Oh, jeez, I just now found this post!! My package resv shows the same thing. I called the Dolphin months ago, wondering WTH was going on! Dolphin has it correct in their system and the paperwork I printed when I first booked this package shows the correct rate and also states that the "package" includes two Causeway passes each night. :thumbsup2

I haven't had any time lately to even think about this trip. Travel with work has been INSANE! The thing is, you think you're going to one Army Base, and days before the trip, you find out you're going somewhere else......... on the other side of the country!!!! :scared1:

I was in TX 9/6-9/15; in NC 9/16 until 9/22. Then yesterday I learned I will be in Washington State 9/25 until 10/6. I had 11 days in WDW 10/7-17, but I just need a day to myself!! :faint: So I changed my flight to 10/8 (worth the $75 change fee to me! ;)); and canceled my 1-night reservation at Art of Animation. :)

Instead, I'll arrive early afternoon on Monday, 10/8 (BCV). Departure date of 10/17 remains the same. :thumbsup2 Will try AoA another trip! ;)

Sorry I haven't had much time lately to even think about this trip, but it's almost here and I know it's going to be great! :woohoo::yay::yay::woohoo:

OK, then... Bob and I will hold down the fort until you get there on Monday! :rotfl:

As for the F&W Pkg... I wish I could have kept the $138.75 nightly rate for our room! I would have loved that! ::yes:: I cannot look at my resv online at all, and the "updated" info I got is really nothing much more than a final price (minus and taxes or fees). Which makes it NOT a final price, as I had asked for. :rolleyes: It did say it included the passes for two for the causeway event too. that is why I knew it had to be wrong!

I find it interesting that when the Sheraton rep looked up my resv she could not tell me much more than what I was seeing either. She kept trying to explain why my paperwork wrong, but she didn't have any other figures to give me to support her claim. :lmao:

Wow Laura - I don't blame you for needing the extra day, that's been a crazy schedule. So far everyone is going down with me on the 6th, but while I know it will be a good week, it's going to be a tough one since BFF's DH is not doing very well. I'm thinking it will be so nice to meet up with everyone on Friday and just relax. Of course, maybe I'll get to sneak away before then, but not holding my breath.

So my schedule will be - arrive 6th with BFF and her family, staying at Jambo. They leave on the 12th and I check into BWV where I'll be until the 21st. Other friends and DH will join on the 14th and check out on the 20th. DH and I will then end up at Kidani for just a couple days.

OK, then... Bob and I will hold down the fort until you get there on Monday! :rotfl:

As for the F&W Pkg... I wish I could have kept the $138.75 nightly rate for our room! I would have loved that! ::yes:: I cannot look at my resv online at all, and the "updated" info I got is really nothing much more than a final price (minus and taxes or fees). Which makes it NOT a final price, as I had asked for. :rolleyes: It did say it included the passes for two for the causeway event too. that is why I knew it had to be wrong!

I find it interesting that when the Sheraton rep looked up my resv she could not tell me much more than what I was seeing either. She kept trying to explain why my paperwork wrong, but she didn't have any other figures to give me to support her claim. :lmao:

I hope things don't get "complicated" at billing time. :headache: Make sure you have the math done so you know exactly what the total bill should be. Twice (although not recently), I have had to get on the phone with "Accounting" prior to vacating the room, and when I have been able to tell them what my bill should have been, they have made the adjustment! (I haven't had a problem in several years, but I am always prepared to do battle! :rotfl2:)

Wow Laura - I don't blame you for needing the extra day, that's been a crazy schedule. So far everyone is going down with me on the 6th, but while I know it will be a good week, it's going to be a tough one since BFF's DH is not doing very well. I'm thinking it will be so nice to meet up with everyone on Friday and just relax. Of course, maybe I'll get to sneak away before then, but not holding my breath.

So my schedule will be - arrive 6th with BFF and her family, staying at Jambo. They leave on the 12th and I check into BWV where I'll be until the 21st. Other friends and DH will join on the 14th and check out on the 20th. DH and I will then end up at Kidani for just a couple days.

Tracy, I am so sorry to hear BFF's DH isn't doing well. I hope the family will have a wonderful trip and make some beautiful memories. pixiedust:

We willl get together whenever it works with your schedule. If you don't have my cell # anymore, I can text you - then you'll have it again! Let me know! ;)

One more busy work day, then I drive home Saturday. I actually will have 3 whole days to get caught up at home before hitting the road again! I am going to savor those precious days! :thumbsup2

Have a wonderful weekend! :goodvibes

I hope things don't get "complicated" at billing time. :headache: Make sure you have the math done so you know exactly what the total bill should be. Twice (although not recently), I have had to get on the phone with "Accounting" prior to vacating the room, and when I have been able to tell them what my bill should have been, they have made the adjustment! (I haven't had a problem in several years, but I am always prepared to do battle! :rotfl2:)

I know how much I should owe on the room only portion of the trip. It is the package that I have no idea about! And I cannot seem to find anyone who can tell me that answer definitively. :confused3 The amount that my cc was charged for the package does not match what they said would be charged so that just adds more problems. Maybe later on this afternoon I will call the Dolphin back directly again and see if i can get a better answer from someone.

Safe travels tomorrow. Enjoy your time at home with JD. And get packed!!!

Tracy, I am sorry to hear that your BFF's DH is not doing well at all. I hope for some peace for you all and some relaxation for everyone on this trip.

I know how much I should owe on the room only portion of the trip. It is the package that I have no idea about! And I cannot seem to find anyone who can tell me that answer definitively. :confused3 The amount that my cc was charged for the package does not match what they said would be charged so that just adds more problems. Maybe later on this afternoon I will call the Dolphin back directly again and see if i can get a better answer from someone.

Safe travels tomorrow. Enjoy your time at home with JD. And get packed!!!

I AM HOME!!! :banana: When I got to Loganville, GA (a neighboring town), I felt a sense of excitement that I was finally home!! :rotfl: That NEVER happens, which tells me I definitely was gone too long! :crazy2:

Elin, did you ever call Dolphin? If you're still unsure of the amount, maybe we can compare reservations - I am 99.9% sure I understand my "package"! :scratchin

I found "BOB RADIO" when we were in Ft Hood and their slogan is "WE PLAY ANYTHING!" :woohoo: My colleagues and I loved it because they played oldies, classic rock, contemporary, R&B............ :goodvibes On the drive to NC, I found 2 more "BOB" FM stations!!! Same slogan and same great variety!! I think the last one was Augusta, GA -- I kept it on until the interference was just too much. :( Why, oh why doesn't Atlanta radio have anything like that? :sad:

I have 2 suitcases to unpack and launder so I better get busy! ;)

My weekend has been beyond busy so far. I think I will try to call the Dolphin when I am done catching up on here. Meanwhile, Laura - if your total is somewhere around $650 then I "think" I know that my package price is right. If not... AAAAAAAAAACKKKKKKKKKKKKK

My weekend has been beyond busy so far. I think I will try to call the Dolphin when I am done catching up on here. Meanwhile, Laura - if your total is somewhere around $650 then I "think" I know that my package price is right. If not... AAAAAAAAAACKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Elin, my package total for the 2 nights Dolphin ("limited view") is $655.88. The deposit I paid was $312.19 so I have a balance due of $343.69. (plus the $14/day resort fee, but Gold was able to waive that last month - "Gold Amenity Welcome" - so I'm counting on knocking that $28 off this time too!) ;)

"Rate Details: Food & Wine 2 Nights - 2012 Food and Wine Classic causeway tickets and room for two night stay"

My reservation has NEVER been correct on the SPG site, but when I have called the Dolphin (twice now!), they have the correct info and since I also have a copy of it printed, I'm sure it will be fine! :thumbsup2

Elin, my package total for the 2 nights Dolphin ("limited view") is $655.88. The deposit I paid was $312.19 so I have a balance due of $343.69. (plus the $14/day resort fee, but Gold was able to waive that last month - "Gold Amenity Welcome" - so I'm counting on knocking that $28 off this time too!) ;)

"Rate Details: Food & Wine 2 Nights - 2012 Food and Wine Classic causeway tickets and room for two night stay"

My reservation has NEVER been correct on the SPG site, but when I have called the Dolphin (twice now!), they have the correct info and since I also have a copy of it printed, I'm sure it will be fine! :thumbsup2

That is about what I figured it was after I talked to them. I never had a chance to call today, so THANKS!

Jack and I will be arriving at WDW (Kidani) on Wednesday, Oct. 10. :yay::yay::yay:

If anyone wants us to purchase anything (liquor, etc.) from local stores, please let me know. I remember a birthday celebration during the week and something about purchasing wine. If there's anything we can do, please PM me.

Kathy

So excited that this is now sooooooo close! :woohoo:

Talked to BFF yesterday and per her DH's doc, the trip is a go. Don't know how much he'll be able to do even with the scooter, but at least they will have some time away from everything, although with two boys of 5&7 with them, it may not be much of a vaction. :rotfl2:

I'll be at Jambo with them the 6th-12th. On the 12th I move to BWV, and still not sure what I'm doing that night. Might hit the classic and do the tickets only, but we'll see. Is everyone doing the S&D classic both nights?

Let me know what is needed from me for Diana's bday brunch...I'm happy to help. Can't wait for our wine blending seminar!!

I think people have my cell, but if you need it, just PM me and I'll send it again. See everyone soon!

Tracy

Jack and I will be arriving at WDW (Kidani) on Wednesday, Oct. 10. :yay::yay::yay:

If anyone wants us to purchase anything (liquor, etc.) from local stores, please let me know. I remember a birthday celebration during the week and something about purchasing wine. If there's anything we can do, please PM me.

Kathy

That would be for Diana. But I haven't heard anything else about the planned get together. I wanted to get the bubbly and decent glasses. But I don't know yet if it is still a "go." I will let you know, although we do have a grocery stop with our town car service this time. I could pick things up on Sunday, the 7th, but might need a backup plan. thanks, Kathy!!

So excited that this is now sooooooo close! :woohoo:

Talked to BFF yesterday and per her DH's doc, the trip is a go. Don't know how much he'll be able to do even with the scooter, but at least they will have some time away from everything, although with two boys of 5&7 with them, it may not be much of a vaction. :rotfl2:

I'll be at Jambo with them the 6th-12th. On the 12th I move to BWV, and still not sure what I'm doing that night. Might hit the classic and do the tickets only, but we'll see. Is everyone doing the S&D classic both nights?

Let me know what is needed from me for Diana's bday brunch...I'm happy to help. Can't wait for our wine blending seminar!!

I think people have my cell, but if you need it, just PM me and I'll send it again. See everyone soon!

Tracy

We are doing the Classic both nights, so come on over! PM headed your way!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter