10:45 am Flight too Early?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by small6no0, Jan 7, 2013.

1. small6no0

small6no0 Earning My Ears

Finalizing airfare for our Mediterranean cruise in June. By far our best and most affordable option leaves BCN to come home at 10:45 am. We have paid for airport transfer through Disney. Is this flight too early?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

In 2011 and 2010 when the ship docked the night before, DCL made special arrangements for guests who had flights departing before 10:00. Guess the question is "does the ship dock the night before?"

4. Yvet

Yvet <marquee behavior=alternate><font color=blue>♫ Sh

For the TA cruise Disney recommend no flight earlier then 11:00 i believe...

Ask your TA or call DCL.
    Go with what time they say. In Europe it isn't like in the US you really have to be at the airport 2 hours before the flight stays in Europe and 3 hours if you fly international.

Time from port to airport is 35-45 minutes and if you want to be quick out of the port it means you have to arrange private transportation not DCL because they wait untill the bus of 60 is full and leave then. And they dropp people off at the airport in a order that is convinient for them....

So an simple calculation:
    Barcelona port arrival time 7:00 your flight is at 10:45
    you have to be at the airport 3 hours before is: 7:45
    30-45 minute drive is: 7:00

You have to get off the ship, collect you luggage and go thru immigrations and costums.

5. a37027

a37027 Mousekeeter

I know this is too late for the OP, but in case anyone is searching this topic, I just returned on June 1 and had a 10:25 am Delta flight. Delta actually had a check in dest AT THE PORT, where we checked our bags and were given our boarding passes. Then we took Disney transport to the airport. For other airlines, the Navigator asks you to check in with Guest Services and give them your flight information if you are leaving before 10:30. They then get your bags off before the rest of the ship. It could be tight if you aren't flying Delta, or if you are arranging your own transport to the airport, but we had no problems at all.

6. BethA

BethA DIS Veteran

Most times you will have no trouble but if there is a delay in debarking or slow customs lines and traffic plus long security lines at airport it could be close. I personally would be too stressed and go with a later time

7. tluther5406

tluther5406 Mouseketeer

8. a37027

a37027 Mousekeeter

Beth A - I agree on the stress thing - we had beautiful weather, the Med was like glass, etc., so there were no issues getting back to the port. BUT, we met a cruiser on a different ship that couldn't even get in to one of their ports the week before (at Lucca) because the Med was so rough, and that was only a few days before we embarked. There are lots of things that can go wrong and, as Beth A. said, all the airport lines are unpredictable. We had over a 3 hour layover at JFK and still almost missed our connecting flight due to Delta making a gate change that required us to change terminals. SO, while the early flight actually did work for us, it does add additional stress...