10/28/15 - 4nt. Halloween Magic Double Dip from Miami

From what I have seen it has always said 12 noon on Disney's website - at least since January. Not that the site is known for it's accuracy or efficiency haha.

My speculation is that there must not have been another ship originally scheduled at CC on October 31. And so it was originally a day off for the people on the island. Sooooo I wonder if the day has been shortened to still give them at least some time off?

I am excited to be on a Double Dip but do find it curious that they didn't make the extra day a Sea day when Key West was cancelled . . .

Now that we're back from our WDW trip i need to get some stuff finalized for the cruise. I've been looking for hotels in ft lauderdale..... Something with a nice pool and breakfast included. Any suggestions? I saw a Country Inn and Suites in Miami but not sure how to economicaly get 6 of us there from the ft lauderdale airport. Sort of considering either Ramada or Sheraton at Ft L.

Last edited:
Now that we're back from our WDW trip i need to get some stuff finalized for the cruise. I've been looking for hotels in ft lauderdale..... Something with a nice pool and breakfast included. Any suggestions? I saw a Country Inn and Suites in Miami but not sure how to economicaly get 6 of us there from the ft lauderdale airport. Sort of considering either Ramada or Sheraton at Ft L.

We stayed in the Hilton Marina hotel on our trip in February and really liked it. It has a lovely pool area and we had a fantastic view of PortEverglades from our tower room. Breakfast isn't included however the taxi only cost us $20 inc tip from the airport late at night.

[GALLERY=]image.jpg [/GALLERY]

I am still waiting to hear from most people about their fe preferences. There are a lot of people who have not checked in for a long time. Please let me know if you would like a large or small group. Also can you all start to private message me your cabin numbers, names and any other important details like allergies that need adding. I will not display private details on here, I will send out the completed list in messages. Thanks in advance.

Really excited that I have just booked the maiden voyage on Harmony of the Seas that sails from Southampton in May 2016. Lots of great things to look forward to.

Hello everyone, First time cruise family here. We are excited to be sailing on the Disney Magic for our first family cruise!!!!
I came across FE while doing some research. I didn't know such a fun,exciting thing existed. We would love to join in on the fun. We are a family of 5: 2 adults, 3 kids (myself: Amy, DH, Heath, Twin girls age 7, and DS 18 months at time of sailing)
We are looking forward to the cruise and hopefully meeting some new friends. Since this is our first cruise ever I think we would do better with the smaller group. Looking forward to a fun filled cruise!

I heard that some cruises have a brunch on the Nassau day so we might be lucky.

FE NEWS

I'm going to start and get a bit more organised with the FE stuff and figure it might take ages for everyone to get back to me. So, I need to know who wants to do a small group. (10 ish cabins) and who would like a larger group and be on 2 groups? (or more if we get a later rush). Once I get the information back I can split the list and everyone can start getting their things organised.

1. Everyone on the FE please reconfirm your interest

2. Let me know if you want to join one list of approx 10 cabins or be on both lists and do everyone.

Thank you in advance.

Hi Joy,

1. Yes, I would still like to do the FE.

2. I would prefer to be on a smaller group if possible.

Thank you again for organizing!

Joy , i sent you a Private message - I think i did. If not let me know and I'll attempt again

Hello everyone, First time cruise family here. We are excited to be sailing on the Disney Magic for our first family cruise!!!!
I came across FE while doing some research. I didn't know such a fun,exciting thing existed. We would love to join in on the fun. We are a family of 5: 2 adults, 3 kids (myself: Amy, DH, Heath, Twin girls age 7, and DS 18 months at time of sailing)
We are looking forward to the cruise and hopefully meeting some new friends. Since this is our first cruise ever I think we would do better with the smaller group. Looking forward to a fun filled cruise!

Hi Amy, I have added you to the list, thanks for joining.

Joy , i sent you a Private message - I think i did. If not let me know and I'll attempt again

Hi, nothing has come through yet. The message system seems a bit more complicated than it used to be, think you have to do it through the 'start a conversation' bit.
Joy

Hi, nothing has come through yet. The message system seems a bit more complicated than it used to be, think you have to do it through the 'start a conversation' bit.
Joy

Attempted another message. In case you missed my prior request I would like to be in a small group for the FE.

Joy, I also just tried to send you a PM with the FE info. please let me know if you didn't get it.

You'll have to report back on harmony of the seas. kevin and i just booked the transatlantic from barcelona to florida in oct 2016! we had been planning on doing the panama canal on the wonder, but when disney moved it from oct to aug, we decided to wait until 2017 - it worked out great because royal caribbean had a huge sale here and it made the transatlantic on harmony cheap enough for us. i'm a happy camper (except for having to fly to barcelona - i hate flying, and havent been on a plane since 2008).

Booked our Ft Lauderdale hotel for Oct 27, and SAS transport to cruise, then back to airport. Glad to have that done

Hi everyone,
We are first time cruisers so what better way to try out our sea legs then on the Disney Magic for a Halloween cruise! We would love to join the group and the FE fun! Since this is our first time a smaller group would be good for us. There are 3 of us, 2 adults and our 8 year old son. SO EXCITED !!!

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
We are first time cruisers so what better way to try out our sea legs then on the Disney Magic for a Halloween cruise! We would love to join the group and the FE fun! Since this is our first time a smaller group would be good for us. There are 3 of us, 2 adults and our 8 year old son. SO EXCITED !!!

Hi welcome to our group, I have added you to the FE list, thanks for joining.

I will be boarding P & O Ventura in the morning for a short cruise so I won't be around until next week. If anybody is sending FE info or wanting to join I will get back to you as soon as possible, thanks.

Have a great trip, JoyB-UK! :fish:

We leave for Disney in exactly 4 months. The wait is getting to me. o_O I'm pretty set for fish extender gifts. Do I start packaging them up or wait to see if more people join? I hate this time before a big trip-- restaurant reservations made, too early to make FP+ selections. Plans pretty much all set. Nothing to do but read the DIS. :yo-yo:

Anyone try to check in today? Website won't allow me to do this... not that I have to today but also wanted to check out the activities but I can't do that either.

Have a great trip, JoyB-UK! :fish:

We leave for Disney in exactly 4 months. The wait is getting to me. o_O I'm pretty set for fish extender gifts. Do I start packaging them up or wait to see if more people join? I hate this time before a big trip-- restaurant reservations made, too early to make FP+ selections. Plans pretty much all set. Nothing to do but read the DIS. :yo-yo:

Were we separated out in groups? Did I miss that one? I haven't started with my FE gifts yet because I'm not sure how many I need to get.

I cannot believe we are four months away from this trip!!! :cool1::cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter