10/24/2009 Bash on the Boat - Thread #2 (of 20?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OH! Is this a new game?

:furious: I love being yelled at. Esp. when I have nothing to do with the situation! You just can't please some people!

Great to meet you and Woody, Shelley...via Cass's site of course!

For those that like a bargain and also enjoy ghirardelli chocolate, sign up for chocomail.

http://www.ghirardelli.com/about/specials_chocomail.aspx

Hello Heather! :flower3: Very lovely to "meet" you! Terrific picture of you and Rick! You look just as beautiful in the gold and you did in the cinnamon. Warm tones are your colors!

Choco by mail! :faint: Now if someone could post me a rum punch I would be set!

Hi Karen! :wave:

How are things across the pond? We're going to get buried in snow again tonight - I am looking forward to spring!

What are you doing today?

Hope its not too thick for you - yukky stuff:scared:

Just about to bath Ellis then relax for the evening. Neils away tonight:sad2: so I'll have an early night and try to get a little sleep - do you sleep well without Pete? I can never sleep when Neils not there.:rolleyes:

Enjoy the rest of your day:goodvibes

Cass...look what I found...

All DIStag participants will purchase a small gift from their hometown to give to all taggers. We will receive a spread sheet made up by your's truly, at our first DISmeet (time and place still to be determined). In addition to the spread sheet you will receive some sort of magnet. The list will look something like this:

JLDSMD Jeff Cabin 1234
cntkg1 Nancy Cabin 6576
oybolshoi Brenda Cabin 6580 (I'm STILL not giving up )
LindyLoo Linda Cabin 4321 etc.....

You will start with the person listed directly below your name. Deliver your "gift" and leave the magnet at the top of their cabin door. Should your "gift" be too large to fit in the 'fish mail holder', locate any Stateroom Host/ess and request they take your gift directly into the room. When someone leaves you a gift and the magnet, deliver your surprise and received magnet to the next person on your list-and so on. When you get to the last person 'participating' at the bottom of the page (LindyLoo in our example)...start at the top of the list (JLDSMD). Continue until you get to the person listed above YOUR name.

So if I've still managed to confuse you, this is the skinny of it all...

Jeff takes one of his gifts and his magnet. He tags Nancy's door with the magnet and puts his gift on the 'fish mail holder'. Now he waits until someone tags his door. (In our example LindyLoo would start with Jeff). He will take that new magnet and a new gift and tag Brenda's door. He waits again until he gets tagged and then tags Linda's door and leaves behind a gift.

So this means if we have 20 DISers who want to play tag, we will each have to bring 20 little gifts.

We have all week to play and we'd probably cut it off on Thursday. Any leftover gifts at that point can just be left on fish mail holders without tagging with the magnets.

When we played this on our other cruise the gifts were anything from personalized pencils, bumper stickers, candy, yummy hometown recipes (Yorkshire pudding mmmmm), keychains, playing cards etc.... Most were packed in gift baggies and labeled with the name of the DISer who left it behind.

It really was tons of fun (for us anyway) and we only ran into one snag. One DISer's entire family got sick and he had to bail on us halfway through the game. We all just continued on anyway without the magnets.

Brenda, does this sound like I covered everything?

If you'd like to play, just add your name to the "DIStag" table on the Yahoo site and edit to answer "Yes" to the DIStag column on the "Konked Kruiser Inventory" table on Yahoo.
Still confused? That's ok..so am I!!

Is this what you are looking for?

Hello Heather! :flower3: Very lovely to "meet" you! Terrific picture of you and Rick! You look just as beautiful in the gold and you did in the cinnamon. Warm tones are your colors!

Choco by mail! :faint: Now if someone could post me a rum punch I would be set!

Thank you Shelley...that's very kind.:flower3:

O.K., here is the update for the snow (a.k.a. Fluff) for here in S.E. Wisconsin :scared1: :

Winter Storm Warning:

Issued at: 2:14 PM CST 2/5/08, expires at: 10:15 PM CST 2/5/08

Winter storm warning remains in effect from 6 pm this evening to 3 pm cst Wednesday,
A winter storm warning remains in effect from 6 pm this evening to 3 pm cst Wednesday.
A severe winter storm will bring near record snow totals to some parts of southern wisconsin by the time the storm diminishes later Wednesday.
Expected totals range from, 6 to 8 inches northwest of a line from the dells to fond du lac, and 14 to 18 inches along and southeast of a line from janesville to port Washington. There may be locally 20 inch amounts due to isolated thundersnow. The heaviest snow will impact milwaukee, waukesha, racine and kenosha.
In addition to the snow, strong north to northeast winds gusting up to 35 mph will produce considerable blowing and drifting snow creating near blizzard conditions, especially near lake michigan and also at inland rural locations.
Travel is expected to become treacherous tonight, continuing into Wednesday. All interests should keep abreast of the latest forecast, and be prepared to alter your travel plans Wednesday morning.
If you must travel, make a survival kit including blankets, sleeping bags, extra clothing, high-energy foods and water. Let someone know where you are headed and when you expect to return.

I think we need the Jimmy Buffet (at least I thought it was his song, maybe I'm wrong) song "It's 5 O'Clock somewhere" be our theme song for this thread.

JB and Alan Jackson.

I think we need the Jimmy Buffet (at least I thought it was his song, maybe I'm wrong) song "It's 5 O'Clock somewhere" be our theme song for this thread.

JB and Alan Jackson.

I was thinking the same thing...great minds (or warped minds;) ) think alike!

Yep, I was looking at that forecast too, Jeff. Any chance schools WON'T be closed tomorrow? :rolleyes1

So, now I have to decide if I want to scramble and find a sitter and go to work (wasting a vacation day), or stay home with DS (hmm, a whole day to scrapbook and DIS)....:confused3

O.K., here is the update for the snow (a.k.a. Fluff) for here in S.E. Wisconsin :scared1: :

Winter Storm Warning:

Winter storm warning remains in effect from 6 pm this evening to 3 pm cst Wednesday,
A winter storm warning remains in effect from 6 pm this evening to 3 pm cst Wednesday.
A severe winter storm will bring near record snow totals to some parts of southern wisconsin by the time the storm diminishes later Wednesday.
Expected totals range from, 6 to 8 inches northwest of a line from the dells to fond du lac, and 14 to 18 inches along and southeast of a line from janesville to port Washington. There may be locally 20 inch amounts due to isolated thundersnow. The heaviest snow will impact milwaukee, waukesha, racine and kenosha.
In addition to the snow, strong north to northeast winds gusting up to 35 mph will produce considerable blowing and drifting snow creating near blizzard conditions, especially near lake michigan and also at inland rural locations.
Travel is expected to become treacherous tonight, continuing into Wednesday. All interests should keep abreast of the latest forecast, and be prepared to alter your travel plans Wednesday morning.
If you must travel, make a survival kit including blankets, sleeping bags, extra clothing, high-energy foods and water. Let someone know where you are headed and when you expect to return.

I have a question. We were doing some research and came across info for a Romance at Sea package. What is this? I didn't see anything about it when we booked.

Cass...look what I found...

All DIStag participants will purchase a small gift from their hometown to give to all taggers. We will receive a spread sheet made up by your's truly, at our first DISmeet (time and place still to be determined). In addition to the spread sheet you will receive some sort of magnet. The list will look something like this:

JLDSMD Jeff Cabin 1234
cntkg1 Nancy Cabin 6576
oybolshoi Brenda Cabin 6580 (I'm STILL not giving up )
LindyLoo Linda Cabin 4321 etc.....

You will start with the person listed directly below your name. Deliver your "gift" and leave the magnet at the top of their cabin door. Should your "gift" be too large to fit in the 'fish mail holder', locate any Stateroom Host/ess and request they take your gift directly into the room. When someone leaves you a gift and the magnet, deliver your surprise and received magnet to the next person on your list-and so on. When you get to the last person 'participating' at the bottom of the page (LindyLoo in our example)...start at the top of the list (JLDSMD). Continue until you get to the person listed above YOUR name.

So if I've still managed to confuse you, this is the skinny of it all...

Jeff takes one of his gifts and his magnet. He tags Nancy's door with the magnet and puts his gift on the 'fish mail holder'. Now he waits until someone tags his door. (In our example LindyLoo would start with Jeff). He will take that new magnet and a new gift and tag Brenda's door. He waits again until he gets tagged and then tags Linda's door and leaves behind a gift.

So this means if we have 20 DISers who want to play tag, we will each have to bring 20 little gifts.

We have all week to play and we'd probably cut it off on Thursday. Any leftover gifts at that point can just be left on fish mail holders without tagging with the magnets.

When we played this on our other cruise the gifts were anything from personalized pencils, bumper stickers, candy, yummy hometown recipes (Yorkshire pudding mmmmm), keychains, playing cards etc.... Most were packed in gift baggies and labeled with the name of the DISer who left it behind.

It really was tons of fun (for us anyway) and we only ran into one snag. One DISer's entire family got sick and he had to bail on us halfway through the game. We all just continued on anyway without the magnets.

Brenda, does this sound like I covered everything?

If you'd like to play, just add your name to the "DIStag" table on the Yahoo site and edit to answer "Yes" to the DIStag column on the "Konked Kruiser Inventory" table on Yahoo.
Still confused? That's ok..so am I!!

Is this what you are looking for?

Yes, I think that's what I was looking for!!! Thanks Heather :worship:

I will get that up on the site tonight as well as Jen's info :thumbsup2

Winter Storm Warning:

:scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

I'll drink to that..............:rotfl2:

How much?

Also, anyone know how much for length of cruise Rainforest passes?

I think this package add-on is about $350 for the 7-night cruise. Jay and I may add it later but we haven't made up our minds yet. We added this to our cruise in 2004 and really enjoyed it - loved the romantic turndown ... our cabin steward left us a towel wedding cake with washcloth doves and rose petals scattered all over the cabin ... :love:

Two week-long passes for the Rainforest were running about $150 when we sailed in 2005 - worth every penny if you're part lizard like me. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter