10/24/2009 Bash on the Boat (I'm with B.O.B) Thread #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeff - getting off time is about 9-9.30am, but not sure what time everyone has to be off and as we're early dining, we'll have early breakfast and then be hanging around for ages.

Thanks Heather.

As for early breakfast, I don't think it would be a problem going to late. There are so many people fighting to get off that ship (why you'd ever want to leave, I don't know, but have done it when I had early flights - never again), that there are usually a lot of tables available in late dining. Now being in Lumiere's that morning on late would be fun watching everyone rush out. We had late once and it was very relaxing and empty in late breakfast.

If you talk to the main server, I'm sure they'd allow it. Plus, if you don't have to get up for immigration (do you non-USers still have to do that?), you could sleep in an extra hour or so. :thumbsup2

It's snowing here, does anyone want it?:scared1::scared1: It's covering the grass, and they say it's going to be 80 by the end of the week. This is wrong.pirate:

We got some down here too. And the grass was just turning a nice shade of green. Suppose to be 70 though by Friday. :cool1:

Hi everyone.....just a quick post to say my girl is fine. Ultrasound showed everything is clear. The doc says it's probably gastritis. She needs to take some meds for a few days and keep and eye on her diet. She is your typical teen with bad eating habits....always eating on the go...not enough "good foods"....too many hot pockets.....and she is so busy right now that I am thinking she has a little stress to add to it all.

She'll be fine though. This will be a good life lesson for her.

I am off in a little bit to tour the historical Marine Barracks at 8th & I in DC. I've seen the performace of the Silent Drill Team before, but this will be my first time on a tour. They'll also take us through the Commmandant of the USMC's house. I'll try to remember to take my camera. Would y'all like to see any pics?

Have a great day, everyone!:goodvibes

UPDATE

Remember we had someone come on in the past couple weeks (sorry for not remembering names, I'm bad at that - but if you were a number, that would be a different story :rotfl: ) and it took them a long time to find us?

Well, when I PM'd to have the last thread closed, I also asked the Mod to put a note in the very first post of all the BOB threads (Post 1, Thread 1) telling them that was the first thread of many and to look on the first page of the Cruise Meets thread for the most current "10/24/2009 Bash On the Boat (I'm with BOB)" thread.

What was happening is that "sticky" post on the CM thread only points to Thread #1. I looked and that thing hasn't been updated since January or something. I know someone tried PM the person who has those threads, but nothing got changed.

Hopefully this will get any new people to the right thread and not have to go through 20+ threads to finds us.

Hi Paige.

Glad to hear Emily is fine.

Have a great day in DC. Wish I could visit there sometime soon. :rolleyes1

Oh, and yes, pictures are always welcome on the board. :thumbsup2

FO, FO, FO, FO another page for Me (need to sing that to the Pirates of the Caribeean ride song).

Oh, BTW, looks like we closed the last thread in our normal 3 weeks time.

Wasn't it 27 weeks this past Saturday until we cruise? That will mean we should hit Thread 30 before we sail. :eek:

I think we'll go over that once this thread picks up at the online ressies stage, not to mention final planning monts. I bet we close them every 2 weeks or less at that time. KK was doing 1,000 posts every 3 days or so, so that would be a new thread about every 3.5 days or 2 a week. :scared1:

Lastly, here's the post counts from last thread (if anyone cares):

JLDSMD 461
Dyerneeds 331
cntkg1 328
Karen Mouse 240
captchris 239
Nerbiepie 192
GOS 171
Cheryl N. WI 171
Timon 170
Verandah Man 139
Walt & Di 138
danandnan 121
disgrits 121
JOANNEL 115
goofyfreak 110
Tart Annihilator 96
A fat english gent 85
minnieandmickey 76
dizneycrazy4 57
goslingl 53
Scouter 43
tikimimi 41
njprincess 40
Big Blue Sister 35
medicalman 31
Ranzatan 28
millerpjm 23
B9erSteve 21
oybolshoi 11
bigred 11
Dee73 11
EPCOT_VA 10
nokidz 5
Morsel 4
Tinkerbell.RN 4
firefighter chris 3
disney1990 3
scottishwee35 2

Good morning all,

Thanks nancy I found you!!!!

The thread for my may cruise is sooooooooooooo much smaller. We are still on thread #1.

Have a great day all/

Hi everyone.....just a quick post to say my girl is fine. Ultrasound showed everything is clear. The doc says it's probably gastritis. She needs to take some meds for a few days and keep and eye on her diet. She is your typical teen with bad eating habits....always eating on the go...not enough "good foods"....too many hot pockets.....and she is so busy right now that I am thinking she has a little stress to add to it all.

I am off in a little bit to tour the historical Marine Barracks at 8th & I in DC. I've seen the performace of the Silent Drill Team before, but this will be my first time on a tour. They'll also take us through the Commmandant of the USMC's house. I'll try to remember to take my camera. Would y'all like to see any pics?

Glad she is ok, sick kids are not fun. Have a great day and of course we want pictures.

Glad to hear Emily is ok. :cutie: And, of course....we love pics Paige! :thumbsup2

UPDATE

Remember we had someone come on in the past couple weeks (sorry for not remembering names, I'm bad at that - but if you were a number, that would be a different story :rotfl: ) and it took them a long time to find us?

Well, when I PM'd to have the last thread closed, I also asked the Mod to put a note in the very first post of all the BOB threads (Post 1, Thread 1) telling them that was the first thread of many and to look on the first page of the Cruise Meets thread for the most current "10/24/2009 Bash On the Boat (I'm with BOB)" thread.

What was happening is that "sticky" post on the CM thread only points to Thread #1. I looked and that thing hasn't been updated since January or something. I know someone tried PM the person who has those threads, but nothing got changed.

Hopefully this will get any new people to the right thread and not have to go through 20+ threads to finds us.

That was me who pm'd the Cowboy months ago. Maybe he/she knew it was a lost cause keeping up on updating our links and decided not to bother??? :confused3

FO, FO, FO, FO another page for Me (need to sing that to the Pirates of the Caribeean ride song).

It's exactly what I did before even reading that I should. :lmao:

Good morning all,

Thanks nancy I found you!!!!

The thread for my may cruise is sooooooooooooo much smaller. We are still on thread #1.

Have a great day all/

My first cruise thread was very small too. Small but intimate. :)
I am still in contact with a few of those folks too. ;)

Very "C" list folks this time. An Olympic Gymnast (Shawn Johnson), Chuck Wicks (Country Western Singer), Lil Kim, some football player (?), Melissa (the leftover fromThe Bachelor) and a few more. But most importantly......:love::love: Gilles :love::love: from "S3x in the City". :faint: :lovestruc

I see what you mean. I don't know any of them, including Gilles (I wasn't a City fan.)

If you talk to the main server, I'm sure they'd allow it. Plus, if you don't have to get up for immigration (do you non-USers still have to do that?), you could sleep in an extra hour or so. :thumbsup2

I'm not sure Jeff. There was talk about this being scrapped, but we had to do this for the Repo. Think this because we went into non-US territory.

An extra hour would be great.

Good news Paige. Pictures??? yes please.

I see what you mean. I don't know any of them, including Gilles (I wasn't a City fan.)

I'm not either Heather. I saw one episode. :goodvibes But, I'm telling ya, that man can dance. Not only that, but boy is he ever easy on these old eyes. :love:

Oh, BTW, looks like we closed the last thread in our normal 3 weeks time.

Wasn't it 27 weeks this past Saturday until we cruise? That will mean we should hit Thread 30 before we sail. :eek:

I think we'll go over that once this thread picks up at the online ressies stage, not to mention final planning monts. I bet we close them every 2 weeks or less at that time. KK was doing 1,000 posts every 3 days or so, so that would be a new thread about every 3.5 days or 2 a week. :scared1:

6 Months on Friday Jeff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!