10/20/2013 Disney Magic Miami Double Dip

Hmmm this time last year, our cruise had 44 pages of DISboard activity! I can't decide if it's because people were more worked up about the new ship, because there were more guests onboard, or because things for this cruise are just blooming late and will pick up later down the road. Maybe a healthy combination of these! Whatever the reason, I hope that deep down everyone is just as excited as we are!! :)

EvaSue said:
Hmmm this time last year, our cruise had 44 pages of DISboard activity! I can't decide if it's because people were more worked up about the new ship, because there were more guests onboard, or because things for this cruise are just blooming late and will pick up later down the road. Maybe a healthy combination of these! Whatever the reason, I hope that deep down everyone is just as excited as we are!! :)

You KNOW we are! And I'm looking forward to the new and improved MAGIC since I will be the first one sleeping on my new mattress, with my new sheets!
I also think most people are consumed with Christmas right now...... And other stuff. For me, its our Aulani trip that's taking center stage, but come June 18, it's all about the MAGIC......

Just for fun, what is on everyone's Christmas list this year?
Ill go first......

First, I want an add on to my DVC! If anyone would like to contact my husband about this, he can be reached at Franco.ricky@gmail.com or our Facebook page.
Second, I would like a Mickey Mouse Pillow Pet from World of Disney at Downtown Disney in Anaheim.
Third, I would like the carry on Dooney & Bourke large duffle in the Disney print....
And last, I would like a red leather motorcycle jacket, so I can pretend to be bad a** once in a while.

That's a fair point about holidays keeping people busy! As far as gifts, I am already pushing it with the concierge thing, and we are trying to get a down payment for a house, so this year I am hoping that Von will buy in to the idea of us getting a present for "each other" by picking out new living room furniture!

We're excited as well, there's just so much in between yet! I turn 40 tomorrow, we get on a Royal Caribbean boat a week from today, we're doing Vegas for New Year's- and that's all before 2013 starts!

We also found out that we're expecting a grandbaby at the end of May! I'm thrilled but Rick and his ex-wife are soooo not prepared to be grandma and grandpa yet!:rotfl2: It's been great fun and harassment all around so far for me.(it's a good thing we're all friends)

We're also still trying to get more friends onboard for this cruise- the more the merrier, right?!?

And I think I know what I'm doing for a fish extender gift.::yes::

TheBeadPirate said:
We're excited as well, there's just so much in between yet! I turn 40 tomorrow, we get on a Royal Caribbean boat a week from today, we're doing Vegas for New Year's- and that's all before 2013 starts!

We also found out that we're expecting a grandbaby at the end of May! I'm thrilled but Rick and his ex-wife are soooo not prepared to be grandma and grandpa yet!:rotfl2: It's been great fun and harassment all around so far for me.(it's a good thing we're all friends)

We're also still trying to get more friends onboard for this cruise- the more the merrier, right?!?

And I think I know what I'm doing for a fish extender gift.::yes::

Wow!
Congrats on the Grandbaby..... We're expecting a Grandbaby too! Number 3 for me! And asking for Pixie Dust for a girl! I've got E and Ash, and then my grand babies are BOTH boys too! Enough with the testosterone! Send a girl my way!

Congrats on the big 40! Ill be joining you in hitting that milestone in July! We WILL be celebrating early at Aulani, and soooo looking forward to it!

Still need to book a weekend getaway for March too. It's our 10 year Anniversary! Thinking Road trip to Santa Barbara just the two of us, or if flights are not ridiculous, a Vegas Weekend! (Returning to the scene of the crime since we tied the knot there!)

But I agree totally! There's sooo much going on in between!

EvaSue said:
That's a fair point about holidays keeping people busy! As far as gifts, I am already pushing it with the concierge thing, and we are trying to get a down payment for a house, so this year I am hoping that Von will buy in to the idea of us getting a present for "each other" by picking out new living room furniture!

That's a great gift! Ricky's into those..... Like when he bought ME an iPad for my birthday last year and I come home everyday to him sitting on the couch with it. Hmmmmm. I sense another "gift" for me this year that will benefit both of us. Possibly a new TV for ME? We shall wait and see.

So, with the FE, do you do a gift for the cabin , or would Von, Elliot and myself each need to have separate gifts for everyone ?

EvaSue said:
So, with the FE, do you do a gift for the cabin , or would Von, Elliot and myself each need to have separate gifts for everyone ?

Most people do a cabin gift, and them individual gifts for the kids. Last cruise, we did Mickey Head Chalkboards as cabin gifts, and then each kid got their own bag with a gift and candy.
But no, you don't need to give individual gifts, you guys all do a "cabin gift" and if you choose to, individual kid gifts.

Most people do a cabin gift, and them individual gifts for the kids. Last cruise, we did Mickey Head Chalkboards as cabin gifts, and then each kid got their own bag with a gift and candy.
But no, you don't need to give individual gifts, you guys all do a "cabin gift" and if you choose to, individual kid gifts.

I also did a cabin gift on our last cruise. There was a little something in the bag for all ages. I'm already gathering supplies for this FE!!!

ksinglet said:
I also did a cabin gift on our last cruise. There was a little something in the bag for all ages. I'm already gathering supplies for this FE!!!

You're WAY ahead of me. But with affordable Christmas gifts around every corner, I'm thinking I should start gathering some things now too!

I really need to decide on the cabin gifts earlier this time too! Last cruise, I was still drying my gifts the night before!

I think I have an idea, now I just have to talk myself into starting early so I don't wind up in a panic!

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

I think posts 1 and 2 are current as of now- If that's wrong let me know and I can fix it.

Woo-wee, what an ordeal getting Elliot's passport for the first time! I got to the office with baby in tow, but I didn't realize that the child abduction laws prevented me from getting his passport without both parents present. We had to get his birth certificate first, on top of that, so it was a line-waiting-office-hopping day! And just to make it EXTRA fun, when Von managed to slip away from work and I had gathered all the necessary documents and filled out the forms, the lady at the counter informs me that Walgreens goofed and that they couldn't accept Elliot's picture because of the chair being visible in the background! One extra trip to Walgreens later, and we are finally set! Lessons learned the hard way by first time mothers #285!! ;)

EvaSue said:
Woo-wee, what an ordeal getting Elliot's passport for the first time! I got to the office with baby in tow, but I didn't realize that the child abduction laws prevented me from getting his passport without both parents present. We had to get his birth certificate first, on top of that, so it was a line-waiting-office-hopping day! And just to make it EXTRA fun, when Von managed to slip away from work and I had gathered all the necessary documents and filled out the forms, the lady at the counter informs me that Walgreens goofed and that they couldn't accept Elliot's picture because of the chair being visible in the background! One extra trip to Walgreens later, and we are finally set! Lessons learned the hard way by first time mothers #285!! ;)

That's awesome! So does that mean that Ethan's pic with the "bunny ears" won't be acceptable? LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter