$10.00 a gallon Gasoline!!

Sorry, but you have been caught up in the democratic dribble and a typical democratic baseless talking point. Exxon nor oil companies in general are the problem. They are not the big bad boogey man. Their profit margin is 8.4%. Whoopi Stinkin' Doo! Trust me. We have got more oil in this Country to feed the US for the rest of our lives and our childrens lives without using foreign oil. I can point out the same kind of donations going to democrats from tree huggers. Which one you really think is holding us back from lower oil prices...That's what I thought.:thumbsup2

Oil prices are killing this country. We send all the Alaskan oil to Japan while our own people are losing jobs and our economy is suffering rediculously. Take care of the rest of the world first. To top it off we buy a ton of exports from Japan as well.

I guess my point to posting that link is just how much Exxon/Mobil is contributing to political careers. If someone is pouring that much money into my pocket to virtually guarantee my re-election or that my state will receive the greater pork belly grants, who do you think I'm going to be loyal to? The oil companies or the poor slob working for $6.55 an hour??

There is no "one cause" for the increase in oil prices, and I agree that we should halt our dependency on foreign oil. But it's not going to happen, due to the fact that most of our elected officials are tied either directly or indirectly to the oil industry.

I find it strange that, since the gas shortages of the 70's, no automaker has built a vehicle that gets 70-80 MPG's. There is an electric car manufacturer that has come up with an incredible vehicle...yet it is not being marketed to the public. Why is that?

http://www.phoenixmotorcars.com/news-and-events/index.php

Our elected officials ARE to blame for their greed, pettyness & short-sightedness. There is actually a current bill before the house to try and open relations between the Dalai Lama & the Gov't of China, and many, many other trivial issues that have nothing to do with our country or our people. There's actually a bill in discussion right now to offer financial aid to illegal immigrants,,,, while our own citizens struggle with unemployment & simply trying to keep their heads above water - yet the Gov't offers no creative ways to help these people!!! I find that outrageous!!

I had a hard time trying to find any current bills related to lowering the price of gas, stimulation of the economy, or lessening our dependence on foreign oil. Perhaps that's due to the fact that the oil companies are in the pockets of the politicians?

I guess my point to posting that link is just how much Exxon/Mobil is contributing to political careers. If someone is pouring that much money into my pocket to virtually guarantee my re-election or that my state will receive the greater pork belly grants, who do you think I'm going to be loyal to? The oil companies or the poor slob working for $6.55 an hour??

There is no "one cause" for the increase in oil prices, and I agree that we should halt our dependency on foreign oil. But it's not going to happen, due to the fact that most of our elected officials are tied either directly or indirectly to the oil industry.

I find it strange that, since the gas shortages of the 70's, no automaker has built a vehicle that gets 70-80 MPG's. There is an electric car manufacturer that has come up with an incredible vehicle...yet it is not being marketed to the public. Why is that?

http://www.phoenixmotorcars.com/news-and-events/index.php

Our elected officials ARE to blame for their greed, pettyness & short-sightedness. There is actually a current bill before the house to try and open relations between the Dalai Lama & the Gov't of China, and many, many other trivial issues that have nothing to do with our country or our people. There's actually a bill in discussion right now to offer financial aid to illegal immigrants,,,, while our own citizens struggle with unemployment & simply trying to keep their heads above water - yet the Gov't offers no creative ways to help these people!!! I find that outrageous!!

I had a hard time trying to find any current bills related to lowering the price of gas, stimulation of the economy, or lessening our dependence on foreign oil. Perhaps that's due to the fact that the oil companies are in the pockets of the politicians?

Ever wonder how all those Senators and Congress people make about $160,000 a year, have to have 2 households and all seem to end up being multi-multi millionaires ?

The government needs to crack open the strategic petroleum reserves and flood the market with crude oil!
Let's see how fast the other countries start pumping more oil!! When we take away their demand they are going to want us back with a vengence. Instead they waste their time trying to past stupid bills to get the speculators out of the futures market. Like that's going to do any good. :rolleyes: I love that these people don't understand basic supply and demand.

Sorry, pet peeve of mine.:rolleyes1

Ever wonder how all those Senators and Congress people make about $160,000 a year, have to have 2 households and all seem to end up being multi-multi millionaires ?

Yeah....how 'bout that??? Don't ya love how the American auto industry is singing the blues about deficits, yet I don't see the CEO's, CFO's, and upper management declaring bankruptcy or even having to lower their living standards. Yet, the plant employees are now the plant "un-employees" and most of the work has been out-sourced to 3rd world nations. On a recent Dateline Ted Koppel did on American industry in China the President of Ford Motor Company in China said ON CAMERA that Ford is NOT an American Company. It is a GLOBAL company. We all better learn how to speak the Chinese language.

Mau-tse Tung is also quoted as saying: "We [China] will take over America without firing a single shot." Sad to say, we are starting to realize that prophecy.

It's time for all Americans to quit wringing our hands & fretting, and to become pro-active in government. Our brave military men and women, past and present, have given too much to simply allow our elected officials to hand our industry and ultimately, our freedom, over to foreign countries.

Yeah....how 'bout that??? Don't ya love how the American auto industry is singing the blues about deficits, yet I don't see the CEO's, CFO's, and upper management declaring bankruptcy or even having to lower their living standards. Yet, the plant employees are now the plant "un-employees" and most of the work has been out-sourced to 3rd world nations. On a recent Dateline Ted Koppel did on American industry in China the President of Ford Motor Company in China said ON CAMERA that Ford is NOT an American Company. It is a GLOBAL company. We all better learn how to speak the Chinese language.

Mau-tse Tung is also quoted as saying: "We [China] will take over America without firing a single shot." Sad to say, we are starting to realize that prophecy.

It's time for all Americans to quit wringing our hands & fretting, and to become pro-active in government. Our brave military men and women, past and present, have given too much to simply allow our elected officials to hand our industry and ultimately, our freedom, over to foreign countries.

I dont think a lot of people realize that GM is working with its suppliers to make more and more products in 3rd world countries and those with virtual slave Labor labor and zero environmental standards. GM has had people overseas for years developing cheap foreign parts.

Our government needs to worry about this country first! Not everywhere else first. :mad:

I just read the minutes from our Polk County Florida Board of Commissioners meeting, June 18, 2008 and their approval of a $2.5 billion contract with a local company to dredge a county lake to see if there is a "marketable material" at the lake bottom. At the July 9, 2008 meeting, the contract was approved. I just finished writing the following letter to the editor of our local paper. I'll let you know if it's published.

"Dredging of Lake Hancock

In reading the minutes available on-line from the June 18, 2008 Commission meeting, I found it interesting that the Polk County Board of Commissioners was entertaining entering a contractual agreement with Hayes-MacKay for the dredging of Lake Hancock. The amount is an unfathomable $2.5 million dollars to see if a "marketable material" is present at the lake bottom. Marketable to whom and by whom? I then read in the Addendum to the July 9, 2008 meeting that this agreement was approved by the County Commission.

If Imperial Polk County has this vast amount of money to spare in order to supplement the endeavors of a private industry, may I suggest that the following be done instead:

1) Lower property taxes by 25%
2) Lower or totally eliminate the per gallon county tax on gasoline
3) Issue a one-time $1000.00 property tax rebate to all property owners on record between 2005 and 2007.

This is a outrageous and blatent mis-appropriation of the tax payer's money. I do not believe that the Board of County Commissioners has been granted the power to approve supplementing the cost of a private corportation's project; yet that is exactly what has been done.

Each person elected to the position of County Commissioner was done so by constituents who placed their trust in the individual elected to best serve the people of their district. The approval of this contract in particular is a clear violation of trust, and only serves to benefit Hayes-MacKay and dare I say, individuals who may be partnered in some fashion with Hayes-MacKay.

In 2008 the County Commissioners who serve in Districts 1, 3, and 5 are up for election. I would urge each registered voter to closely examine the candidates, but especially the incumbants running for re-election. It is time for our citizens to get pro-active in government and force our elected officials to work for the voters and not for personal gain or to profit private business."

Our County Commission meetings are held the first and third Wednesdays of each month at 9:00am. A time that is inconvenient for most citizens to attend. Thankfully, my day job is flexible enough to allow me to start attending these meetings, which is what I plan to do. I can no longer sit back and let the cards fall where they may. I plan to become the "somebody" everyone speaks about, but nobody can seem to identify.

What can be marketable at the bottom of a lake?? :confused3 Do they say what they are looking for? That's just sad. I hope your letter gets published.

For the same reason they don't make refrigerators, dishwashers, washers and dryers, stoves and the like to last forever. People would then be out of jobs. They have to save their own $$$.

Don't look now Jen....but they ARE out of jobs! Most manufacturing is now done in China or Sri Lanka. Oh...excuse me.... you must have meant the CEO's & CFO's....silly me!!

What can be marketable at the bottom of a lake?? :confused3 Do they say what they are looking for? That's just sad. I hope your letter gets published.

I read those minutes 3 or 4 times, plus previous minutes. All that was referred to was "marketable material". I didn't realize muck was a marketable material!:eek: We'll see just how "gutsy" our local paper is.

They cant build a vehicle that gets 70 mpg because of those pesky laws of physics. There is no magic, the 100 mpg carburetor doesnt exist.
The energy price increase has brought out every snake oil salesperson that has a bogus sales pitch. There is however a lot of promising new technology being developed, we just need to keep the government from fixing things until they break them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts