1 room Poly vs 2 rooms Port Orleans, 3 adults

debvee

WDW First Visit 11/11
My husband, adult daughter and I are going to WDW in Nov 2013.

We are weighing one room (2 queens and a pull out queen right?) versus getting two rooms (2 queens each room) at the Port Orleans Riverside. It looks like the room/s and tickets for 7 days - the Poly is about $1500 more.

We're interested in convenience and comfort as well as good dining options.

Any input on which resort to choose?

Just for the option of a 2nd bathroom ( a 2nd tv:happytv:) my vote would be for POR.
You have the option of the boat to DTD rather than just the bus. If you are using the DDP the best use of a CS credit is WPE in DTD Marketplace
You will miss out on using the monorail to go to MK and the other MK resorts.
We have always stayed at POFQ and found the bus service to MK and EPCOT very good.
Staying at POR you can walk over to POFQ to use their pool or check out their food court

The Poly is our favorite resort and that would be my choice. The tropical grounds are beautiful, the beach is great for relaxing in a hammock or just sitting on the beach enjoying the scenery, Kona and Ohana are great for any meal, and it's convenient being on the monorail with a variety of dining options available at the GF and CR. All rooms at the Poly come with a daybed, but it's twin size, not a queen pull out couch. The Poly rooms are large and spacious and are plenty big, IMO, for 3 adults to be comfortable. Good luck.

I believe the queen sofabed at Poly is only on Theme Park view rooms. If you get a standard view it is a twin daybed, not queen if that makes a difference. I have stayed at Riverside and love it, but would be very tempted to go with Poly for all of the extras. The monorail, watching Wishes on the beach, Ohana on site. Easy access to the other monorail resort restaurants like Chef Mickey's, California Grill, etc.

The bus service is indeed great at Riverside, but it doesn't go to other resorts directly. You would have to take a taxi or first go to a park or DTD to then take another bus to the resort you want.

For me it would be easy, $1500 is another trip:goodvibes We like the Poly location but were not wowed by the resort. We do like watching wishes from the beach, but we have also done that without staying there. We really like the very lush theming at POR. Plus 2 rooms gives more privacy along with 2 bathrooms.

Unless she needs a room for herself i would go to the Poly.I have stayed at both and The Poly is our favorite but being a boat ride from Downtown could be a plus for your daughter if she's looking for some night life.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter