1 quart ziplock...how big?

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Debbie, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Debbie

Debbie <font color=blue><marquee>DIScovering DIS magic</m

I have sandwich ziplocks that are 18x15 cm (6"x5"), is that the "1 quart baggie" that I will use to fly? Or is it a different size? Thanks for any info!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DizzyKitten

DizzyKitten I am disinclined to acquiesce to your request.

Ziploc Quart Storage Quart bags are 7" X 7 3/4".
    :goodvibes

4. calypso*a*go-go

calypso*a*go-go <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

The quart size are slightly larger, but we have used the sandwich size with no problems...so you don't have to go out and buy another box (unless you want to).

5. goofy4tink

goofy4tink No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator Moderator

I hate to keep harping on this but I'm going to anyway...be aware that there are some TSA people working the security areas that will not accept anything other than a qt. sized ziploc baggie. Some even go so far as to have the correct baggies there for you to use. But, most don't.
    So...while some have been able to use sandwich bags, it is not what the TSA is asking you to use. Just don't want someone to come back here and scream because a DISer told them they could use a sandwich baggie instead of a qt sized one, and the TSA people took the stuff away...not a good way to start a vacation.

6. honugirl

honugirl One of those darn ECV users out to ruin YOUR vacat

If you go the travel section of many drugstores or I think even Walmart or Target has them, they have Ziploc travel quart size bags in small quantities (something like 7 or so to a small, flat, cardboard container). They are really handy. Then you know that TSA can't complain about that because it says right on them "Ziploc Travel Quart Sized Bags." I tend to check a lot of my toiletries knowing that if I forget something or my luggage gets lost, they do have stuff for sale or soap, shampoo, etc. at the hotels. Then I can totally bypass the quart rule.

7. shoes99

shoes99 DIS Veteran

I bought a box of quart zip bags in the local dollar store.

8. Debbie

Debbie <font color=blue><marquee>DIScovering DIS magic</m

I haven't yet looked, but, since I'm in Canada (metric), I'm thinking that something labeled "quart" won't be available. I am, however, flying out of the US to Orlando. Off tomorrow to scour the stores. ;) My 'sandwich bag' IS a ziplock, so I would hope that being a bit smaller shouldn't be a problem. Maybe they'll have the right bags at Syracuse airport.