1 night near Universal?

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by tmarquez, Mar 30, 2011.

1. tmarquez

tmarquez DIS Veteran

What would you recommend for 1 night that's close to Universal? I don't want to spend a lot, but it will only be me and my DD(8) so need something that's safe and secure.

Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DOOM1001

DOOM1001 DIS Veteran

International Drive is full of hotels with very good prices,go on Hotwire or priceline and you can get a hotel for $40-$50 that would go for $80-$120 booking it through the hotel.

4. deniselozano

deniselozano Mouseketeer

Click on the Sheraton Vistana ad at the top of the screen . I just booked 3 nights in a 2 bedroom for $336. IN JUNE!

5. crazelion

crazelion <font color=blue>Form feet and legs...form arms an

Travelzoo has the Hampton Inn on ID for 59 a night

6. Darcy03231

Darcy03231 DIS Veteran

We stayed at the Sheraton Studio City which is about half a mile away. It's really nice and I would defintely stay there again.

There's a Doubletree that directly across the street from US/IOA that gets consistently good reviews.

7. henryk67

henryk67 Mouseketeer

Quality Inn International on International Drive, just behind the big McDonalds.
    It has security at both entrances to their car park, clean and not expensive.

8. mlynn

mlynn DIS Veteran

We stayed in the Holiday INn Express right across the street for Universal last time we were there(3 years ago) It was nice and clean.

9. 3sweetpeas

3sweetpeas Mouseketeer

We stayed at "Comfort Suites near Universal" for our first night before going to Universal. It was only $89 and had a very good hot breakfast free which was a plus for us. It was a good choice.

10. jsrj21

jsrj21 Frathouse

My wife, son, and I have stayed at the Hampton Inn at Windhover Drive [walking distance from Universal]. Very clean, free breakfast, overall great for the price [80-90.00/night]. We're thinking of staying there this summer because we're going to Universal for the first time. We stayed for a wedding when we stayed there last.

Good luck.

Jose

11. Seeker615

Seeker615 Harry Potter Fanatic!

We are staying at the Holiday Inn at the Entrance to Universal. It got good reviews on Tripadvisor and you can walk to the parks!

12. Miriade

Miriade Mouseketeer

Last September we stayed there for 3 nights.
    In many floors the rooms have been refurbished not long ago and it was a bigger room than Port Orleans Riverside where we stayed also with a cheaper value, too :rolleyes1 we could have walked to Universal but we took the trolley (we're laizy! :) )