1 little (teeny tiny) sacrifice for Katrina victims

CheapMom

DIS Veteran
I booked my ressies for our October trip too late. We love All Star Movies but missed out on AAA rates for our dates. Oh well we figured- it is only about $100 more than getting ASMusic or Pop with the discount. Well after Katrina hit we promptly cancelled our full price ressie and switched to POP with AAA- saving $116 and adding that directly to our Red Cross check, which my husband's company will double and then they will take the company's contributions to Lowes where they will be doubled again.
So that will turn my measly $116 into $464.00!

My kids who LOVE AllStar Movies- loved this idea even more.
I am hesitant to even call it a sacrifice- it is nothing- it's a no brainer.

CheapMom said:
I booked my ressies for our October trip too late. We love All Star Movies but missed out on AAA rates for our dates. Oh well we figured- it is only about $100 more than getting ASMusic or Pop with the discount. Well after Katrina hit we promptly cancelled our full price ressie and switched to POP with AAA- saving $116 and adding that directly to our Red Cross check, which my husband's company will double and then they will take the company's contributions to Lowes where they will be doubled again.
So that will turn my measly $116 into $464.00!

My kids who LOVE AllStar Movies- loved this idea even more.
I am hesitant to even call it a sacrifice- it is nothing- it's a no brainer.

That is so awesome! I love see $1 turned into $3!! Kudos to you!!!! :earboy2:

That's using the 'ol noodle!!! I am still waiting to see if DH's company is going to do any matching. If not, we'll have to start looking for a public company that will do matching (like Lowe's).

:grouphug: That was very smart. My husbands job is going to match what ever it's employees donate. He found this out on Friday, when he goes back to work, he will donate to the Red Cross thru them... this way Katrina victims will get double...
everyone donating to Red Cross be sure to...... specify that you want your donation to go towards Hurricane Katrina, if not, it goes to the Red Cross & they divey up the money they way they want to. I learned this with 9/11. Many thougth that they were giving money towards that & came to find out, that isn't how the Red Cross works... if you want your donation to go only for Katrina, then please be sure to note that with your donations

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter