1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

1 day at MK-before or after?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by LilacBarries, Feb 26, 2014.

1. LilacBarries

LilacBarries Mouseketeer

My DH and I are going on a cruise in September. We get in at 10 am the day before the cruise and staying at Coronado Springs. Were staying at POR-RS the day we get back and fly home the next day at noon.

We really want to go to MK and I was thinking the day we got back from the cruise but now I'm thinking it would be better to go the day before and have the day we get back to relax.

Has anyone done this? Is getting in at 10 am even going to give us enough time? Neither of us have been to any of WDW parks and as of right now are pretty sure we'd never do a dedicated trip to do so. So this may be our only chance to go.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. sholey01

sholey01 Earning My Ears

I would do they day before. Some people still have their sea legs on after the cruise. I can't imagine walking the park all day if I had them.

4. su_A_ve

su_A_ve DIS Veteran

Before - parks can get you running around and no better way than to then relax at the cruise.

Enjoy the resort and maybe DD on the day after...

5. dpswift

dpswift DIS Veteran

I would see how late MK was open on both days. If you are getting in at 10 am it is not going to give you much time. however as PP mentioned if you still have your sea legs after the cruise it will not be much fun either.

6. ludari

ludari DIS Veteran

I done both but I personally like to go before my cruises. It seems everyone (passengers, crew and cast members) are so very friendly on the cruise. Although the cast members at the parks are also great the ratio between passengers and crew/cast members is greater on the ship.

7. cris0809

cris0809 Might be why the rum is always gone

I'd go before.

8. tweis

tweis DIS Veteran

We are staying at POR the 2 days before our cruise. MK has extra magic hours on Sunday so it just made sense for us to go that day. I would check the park hours and go from there but based on everything I've heard most prefer to go the parks first.

9. Gretel

Gretel I like being ME

Before :)

10. Club Disney Chandler

Club Disney Chandler Mouseketeer

Another vote for before. We've done it both ways and its tough to deal with the hustle and bustle of the parks after relaxing on the cruise.

11. Linda27

Linda27 Earning My Ears

If you've never done it, I'll ask if you looked at the price for MK for just one day. Our first Disney cruise is in Oct so we decided to come down 2 days in advance and do MK. Then I looked at the price for 1 day at MK. It would be almost $400 for my family of 4 since there is no discount for 1 day. My kids are too young to try to muscle through an entire day to squeeze $400 of fun out of it. So we are staying at AoA and doing a couple character meals, the pool and maybe Downtown Disney. I think that will be enough to get us in the Disney spirit for the cruise.

12. kapoof

kapoof DIS Veteran

Very true...I wasn't sea sick but did feel weird for about three days post cruise.

13. LilacBarries

LilacBarries Mouseketeer

Yeah we've looked but it's just my DH and I-no kids and the cost of adding on an extra night at a hotel plus meals just put it out of our budget.

14. LilacBarries

LilacBarries Mouseketeer

Thanks all- I think I'll wait till closer and as many of you suggested look at the park hours and decide from there.

15. LilacBarries

LilacBarries Mouseketeer

Thanks all for the thoughts- I think I'll wait till it's closer and as many of you suggested and look at the park hours and try for the day before.

16. lizzyb

lizzyb DIS Veteran

Before.

17. tinkerone

tinkerone DIS Veteran

before and thats my thought because we have done it both ways. last cruise we went to hollywood studios on the day of return because we had dinner reservations there. from being up late the night before and having to get up early the morning of departure we were beat. got to the park by 11 and was ready for bed at 4. we skipped dinner and went right back to the hotel.
    hollywood studios is nothing compared to the magic kingdom in terms of things to do so for us anyways, a day at mk would have been a huge waste.
    if you get in at 10 you can be in the park by noon. even if the park closes at 9 thats a long day and you can do plenty in that time. if there is extra hours then thats a bonus but if you are really tired on the return, well, thats a bunch of money thrown to the wind.
    jmo

18. Zeppelin

Zeppelin DIS Veteran

this August with be the third year in a row we do WDW after our Disney Cruise....definitely takes the sting out of the disappointment of leaving the ship....