1 Child and 10 Adults--A GG to Celebrate DD's 4th Bday :) TR Link is Posted

Can you tell I'm a hockey fan? :rotfl: Miracle is such a good movie. And the Mighty Ducks is just a classic. I can quote that movie all day long. I saw a website where they sell shirts with the movie's character names on the back. I so want a coach Bombay one! :rotfl2:

:lmao: did not even think of the hockey connection! MD is such a classic!! I use to own all three on VHS but I do not think my mom kept them. (we cannot even play vhs tapes any longer b/c I refuse to buy another player for them).

I thought I was subbed to this already, but apparently not. I have to go back and read and catch up! You are officially next on my "when I can get both kids asleep at the same time" to do list!

Hi sorry I got a bit behind...but I am caught up again...wow I lot has happend...:thumbsup2

Here are some games I am looking at getting at another point—perhaps for the countdown calendar kickoff party—Disney Bingo Game and Disney Scene It original and Second edition. Anyone have any of these games? For the 180 day mark, I think I will bring out Disney Yahtzee Jr. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Version.

What do you all think?

I (we) have all those Disney games...just a Princess version of the Yatzee...my youngest Margaret is 3 and loves to play the Bingo (I didn't check the link, but is this the DVD one) if so she thinks it is fun, but likes to walk around w/ the chips in a cup ;)

The Scene It's are fun, we play the reg games version and sometimes just do a series of all plays and my plays on the tv too. Margaret is too young to get into the game, but likes the clips.

1) Dress her up like a Princess--though she thinks most of those dresses are itchy--hence the custom we had done. She will be wearing her custom all day the day before so that is not a choice. So I would have to buy another dress if you all think it is necessary.

2)A nice dress would be the second option. I am leaning towards this--I would love to get some nice pictures of the two of us while we are at GF for the tea party--I think that would be really special since we are not dressed up often. With this option, I am considering making the dress, if not I will find a nice dress for her to wear.

Option 2 is my preference. I just wanted to hear what all of you reading think too.

I think you made your decision and based on the ADR list below of what you got...but I think if she is not fond of the princess dresses then no, if you are handy w/ the sewing which I am not, making a custom spring tea dress w/ an added "princess" flair would be that much more special and sweet!

ADRs were made today!! :dancer: Here are the ADRs we ended up with:

So, we made two changes in the ADR list. We had originally chosen MM Fantasmic Dinner Package, but for both showings the week we are there, there were no times left. I had let A know that if we could not do MM to go ahead and try for H&V, which we got. I would still like to check in to see if we can switch to MM, but I have a feeling there is a slim to no chance of that happening. So H&V it is. :thumbsup2:

I have not done the pkg but have eaten at H & V for a character lunch and we all liked it.

Along with ADRs, there were two other reservations to be made today: BBB and the Tea Party. We ended up with:

Tuesday, September 14th: BBB appointment at 8:00
Wednesday, September 15th: Afternoon Tea at GF Garden View Lounge at 2:00

I decided we would do the Grand Floridian’s Afternoon Tea in the Garden View Lounge. What about Lilian? She will be with us—she is one of the ladies of course! She will also be getting the My Disney Girl she would have gotten at the MDGPPTP either the morning of her birthday or I will give it to her at the Tea, which is what I am leaning towards at the moment. I can order her the redheaded doll now. :goodvibes:

I think this is a wonderful idea and be a nicer experience more intimate for our your family, friends plus a better choice for your guest of honor!

Sprinkles: American Idol Experience, DHS Backlot Tour, The Great Movie Ride, Indiana Jones show, One Man’s Dream (for me), Animation Studio (DBIL and my Dad especially would like this), LMA

I highly recommend the One Man's Dream we went through and saw the show last March...it was a wonderful exhibit. ask before you enter how soon is the moving part show (it's a doc about Walt and the Disney company) you don't have to see it, but you want to allow enough time to look at everything and not feel rushed to see the show at the end :thumbsup2

So I need thoughts on a few things with DHS: 1) DHS Backlot Tour and The Great Movie Ride—should we try to do these? What are your experiences with younger children on them? 2) Also, I am torn on LMA. I know DBIL will like it but it but it seems to take so much time out of the day.

We ave never had the TIME to squeeze in LMA show...it you really want to, you will need to priortize it...but w/ planning a break, my guess is w/ the other things on your list it may get skipped or it's worth a split option for the "boys" to see while everyone else does say B&B show if the times match up at all.

do you have the link for steve soares live entertainment schedule? that will be a big help when the dates get closer!

I have not done the Backlot w/ our kids and have done the TGMR...its a classic in MHO...if you can do it, she may be nercous in a few parts...but you would be the best judge based on other experiences after you are there.

3) F! starts at 8:30, so we will want to be there by 8:00 (is this appropriate?).

I'd say even w/ the "reserved seating you still want to arrive 45 to 60 min+ early.

What do you think? Which do you think would be better? I think this will be the hardest park for me to plan and the one I have the least amount of experience at as well.

I ditto what other have said...I'd go early do the popular attraction first thing AM, when the park is less crowded and congested...the thrill area is basically "empty" now in the morning as well because of the TSM surge. Id' take an early afternoon break and arrive back for the ADR by 3:00 pm to allow for getting in and over to H & V and then stay on for F!

[COLOR="DarkOrchidSprinkles:[/B] Pocahontas and her Forest Friends (though once again, she will see the movie for the first time this summer), Wildlife Express Train, Flights of Wonder, Tricera Top Spin

[COLOR="seagreen"]I thought the Pocahontas show was no longer running? it wasn't up in March 09 :confused3 the Wildlife train is a one way stop to the conservation station area that was on your no list...if you ride it you'll have to get off and then wait for next train to reboard and go back.

we personally really like the FoW show :thumbsup2 if you visit MK already and she likes Dumbo then yes for TTS otherwise skip...but it should have low lines.[/COLOR]

Extra Things I will Want To See:[/B] Tree of Life—we did not walk around the Tree of Life the last time we were here, so I would like to spend time looking at the tree and getting close up shots.
:thumbsup2

At this point, I imagine we will stay at AK through lunch and leave to cool off before heading off to another park this evening.

Yes this park is HOT...no matter whn you go...have lots of water! and takes some good breaks where you can find AC or shade.
What is your favorite CS place to eat at here? How long do you spend in AK?

I have eaten at Flame Tree BBQ...love the food here, most people do not like the beans...outside seating only...but beautiful surroundings. Pizzafari is inside..as is Restaurantosaurs both can get very crowded. Yak and Yeti Mart the CS is our new fav...I think people give it a bum wrap , but we all liked it last yr!

What time to do you think you'd eat lunch...if you dine early to avoid the lunch crowd before 12 pm...I do not think you would have seen everything.

AK needs to be walked through and explored to take in all that is does offer and the detailing is amazing. I'd give it till 2 or 3 pm at the least.

[/COLOR]

Plan 2:
9:00 Ride TSM
9:40 Playhouse Disney (should be over around 10:10) Maybe the th
10:15 Voyage of the Little Mermaid
The first Beauty and the Beast Show is not until 11:30
11:00 Leave

2:00 Beauty and the Beast (should be over around 2:30)
2:30 Thrill seakers use FPs and DD visits playground.
3:50 Dinner
5:00 Backlot Tour or Great Movie Ride
6:30 Animation Studio or character hunting until F!
7:45 F!

I like this :thumbsup2 great plan.

what are your top five favorite Disney characters? Top five Disney movies?

Ok here are mine:

TOP 5 characters:

1) Cinderella

2) Mrs. Incredible

3) Piglet

4) Mary Poppins

5) Genie

TOP 5) Movies

1) Lion King

2) Robin Hood (animated)

3) original Parent Trap

4) 1st Pirates of the Caribbean

5) Mulan

:lmao: did not even think of the hockey connection! MD is such a classic!! I use to own all three on VHS but I do not think my mom kept them. (we cannot even play vhs tapes any longer b/c I refuse to buy another player for them).

I have them all on VHS too! They need to realease the trilogy on DVD!

Alright, all caught up! Too much to comment on, so I'll mostly just try to join in from now on! :goodvibes

That dress is so beautiful! I love etsy.

I love that you're doing disney school. That's smart to teach her about the parks and such. I will have to do that...we're kind of just homeschooling preschool at this point, since DS won't go to kindergarten for over 2 years from now...he does "schoolwork" every day...probably 10-15 preschool and kindergarten worksheets, some spelling games, that sort of thing...it takes him like, 10 minutes, the boy is fast! But I think I will take the idea from you and start introducing him to WDW! I love it!

How do you like the zippity? I'm thinking about it, even though the price tag is high. I know DS would love it. He does have wii games, but you know that disney stuff gets me every time! ;)

Top characters:

1. Piglet
2. Belle
3. Pooh
4. Boo
5. Kanga

Can you tell I love Winnie-the-Pooh? :lmao:

Top movies:

1. Beauty and the Beast
2. Lilo and Stitch
3. Monsters, Inc.
4. Lion King
5. Aladdin

I am so glad you think it is a great age for BBB. I hope DD has a great experience at BBB! I think it will be a great age. She can sometimes not enjoy getting her hair done but I told I would keep putting up her hair so she could get use to it for Disney. ;) She has no idea about BBB. She LOVES makeup so I think she will have a ball!

I completely agree with Meghan. My DD was not even a week into 4 yrs old when she did BBB the 1st time and LOVED it!!! She also was highly annoyed with getting her hair done but didn't mind it at all. I have been there 3 or 4 times and in that time have likely watched 15 or so girls have their hair done. Not one has seemed to mind the process. I bet your DD will be so caught up in the whole experience that she will completely forget any displeasure with having her hair done. I can't wait to hear how you make out! I am sure it will be a highlight of your trip!:goodvibes

:laughing: I was not speaking specifically about my MIL (DGM is my DBF's parents--DD's honorary grandparents) but come to think of it--she is like that too!!!! :rotfl2: Yeah, I am going to be battling two of them--look out!

I thought about her birthday day plans quite a bit yesterday (while I was studying...:rolleyes1) I think this is what we are going to do but I could use advice:

Breakfast at CP, early as possible to hopefully get some good shots of the castle and then Dinner at 1900 Park Faire because I hear that the GF Bakery is the best and they would be making her birthday cake.

There is another surprise in there (I will get that at some point) too. What do you all think--should we do two TS meals in one day? Is that going to eat up too much time? I am not looking at doing commando touring--plus we will have another day in MK, probably w/o a TS to make up for two on her birthday. I think she would LOVE both of these places.

Thanks for lending your ears (well, I guess eyes)!!! Where else can we vent about Disney things? ;)

No, not at all, especially since it's breakfast and dinner. We ate at CP on our MK day, Cosmic Rays for lunch, and then Chef Mickey's for dinner and still had plenty of time to tour that day at MK. We even headed back to the house rental and went for a swim before heading out to dinner.

Your lists for DHS and AK look great!!! I love all the thought your put into everything!! I need to get a little more detailed with our plans I think! Here are my TOP 5!

Disney Characters:
1. Mickey
2. Cinderella
3. Minnie
4. Belle
5. Giselle

Movies:
1. Cinderella
2. Cars
3. Enchanted
4. Toy Story
5. The Parent Trap (original with Haley Mills)

Hey! Stephanie
as you know we do not do TS but I think since you have the other days for touring it should be fun and a relaxing mix to your days...
you are so fun with all the little games you come up with...
and so hard at the same time :rolleyes1:
top five characters:
1. Winnie the Pooh
2. Donald Duck
3. Minnie Mouse
4. Tinkerbelle
5. Ariel
top 5 movies
1. Mary Poppins
2. Princess and the Frog
3. The Little Mermaid
4. The Jungle Book
5. Beauty and the Beast
but there are soooo many more too list!
Have a wonderful day!:sunny: hope you guys are getting some of this beautiful spring weather!
:wave2:

I thought I was subbed to this already, but apparently not. I have to go back and read and catch up! You are officially next on my "when I can get both kids asleep at the same time" to do list!

:rotfl2: I am honored! :) I have that too--I typically leave DIS up so I can pop on when I get a few minutes (like now) which is probably why I miss update notifications sometimes. :rolleyes:

Alright, all caught up! Too much to comment on, so I'll mostly just try to join in from now on! :goodvibes

That dress is so beautiful! I love etsy.

I love that you're doing disney school. That's smart to teach her about the parks and such. I will have to do that...we're kind of just homeschooling preschool at this point, since DS won't go to kindergarten for over 2 years from now...he does "schoolwork" every day...probably 10-15 preschool and kindergarten worksheets, some spelling games, that sort of thing...it takes him like, 10 minutes, the boy is fast! But I think I will take the idea from you and start introducing him to WDW! I love it!

How do you like the zippity? I'm thinking about it, even though the price tag is high. I know DS would love it. He does have wii games, but you know that disney stuff gets me every time! ;)

Top characters:

1. Piglet
2. Belle
3. Pooh
4. Boo
5. Kanga

Can you tell I love Winnie-the-Pooh? :lmao:

Top movies:

1. Beauty and the Beast
2. Lilo and Stitch
3. Monsters, Inc.
4. Lion King
5. Aladdin

I know, I am chatty. I use this forum to keep all the jumbled thoughts in my head straight. :goodvibes

Thanks--we love the dress. I am going to try it on her in August to see how it fits and try to "fluff" it out then too. I am considering getting some of her four year shots done in it.

Thanks! I know DD does best when she is has a basic understanding of what to expect. I am working on exactly what we will be doing during it still but I will post about our Disney School when we do it.

Lilian loves her Zippity! It was one of the best holiday presents we asked for on her behalf.:thumbsup2 We did not have them get any extra games but I may get one this summer for her. :thumbsup2

Thanks for writing your lists! No Winnie the Pooh movie?

I completely agree with Meghan. My DD was not even a week into 4 yrs old when she did BBB the 1st time and LOVED it!!! She also was highly annoyed with getting her hair done but didn't mind it at all. I have been there 3 or 4 times and in that time have likely watched 15 or so girls have their hair done. Not one has seemed to mind the process. I bet your DD will be so caught up in the whole experience that she will completely forget any displeasure with having her hair done. I can't wait to hear how you make out! I am sure it will be a highlight of your trip!:goodvibes

Thanks Trish! I think it will be just a perfect birthday present for her! :goodvibes I think it will be too!!

Your lists for DHS and AK look great!!! I love all the thought your put into everything!! I need to get a little more detailed with our plans I think! Here are my TOP 5!

Disney Characters:
1. Mickey
2. Cinderella
3. Minnie
4. Belle
5. Giselle

Movies:
1. Cinderella
2. Cars
3. Enchanted
4. Toy Story
5. The Parent Trap (original with Haley Mills)

Thanks Beth for participating!! I love your lists. We actually are planning on watching Enchanted in a couple weeks--Lilian has never seen it and I think she will like it. Cars is on our list too because I don't think none of us have actually sat down and watched it all the way through :eek: (seen bits and pieces at my sister's house--my nephew use to be obsessed with it).

Thanks--it is nice to get into the details. I still have a lot I want to look and consider as well as make for the trip! :goodvibes

Hey! Stephanie
as you know we do not do TS but I think since you have the other days for touring it should be fun and a relaxing mix to your days...
you are so fun with all the little games you come up with...
and so hard at the same time :rolleyes1:
top five characters:
1. Winnie the Pooh
2. Donald Duck
3. Minnie Mouse
4. Tinkerbelle
5. Ariel
top 5 movies
1. Mary Poppins
2. Princess and the Frog
3. The Little Mermaid
4. The Jungle Book
5. Beauty and the Beast
but there are soooo many more too list!
Have a wonderful day!:sunny: hope you guys are getting some of this beautiful spring weather!
:wave2:

Thanks Connie! We are taking the approach of knowing we are not going to get everything done--especially with all those we have in tow with us. I think it will be a great week overall. :thumbsup2 Still lots of planning but I think the TS are set now. ;)

Thanks for participating!! Love your lists! P&tF I think is one of my top favorites. We are starting to watch Disney movies once a week so I think my list will change since I have not seen some in so long! :goodvibes

Love your new question! Yep, I'm a bit behind :rotfl: but I'm here now! :) Top 5 Characters and Top 5 Movies? SUPER hard!!! I'll try to narrow it down, though.

Top 5 Characters (in no particular order)
1. Boo (she's moved up on the list since I've had my little girl... and even further up once Ashlyn got her hair cut!!)
2. Belle
3. Eeyore
4. Gisele
5. Stitch

Top 5 Movies (in no particular order)
1. Beauty and the Beast
2. Cinderella
3. Enchanted
4. Lilo & Stitch
5. Princess and the Frog (probably mainly because it's new so I'm watching it a lot and planning our next movie night around it)
6. The Little Mermaid

I'd say that's a pretty accurate list for me, but one or two on each list changes depending on the day. :lmao: Sorry that's 6, but I couldn't decide what to keep out to put in The Little Mermaid (CAN'T believe I forgot that one!).

Love your new question! Yep, I'm a bit behind :rotfl: but I'm here now! :) Top 5 Characters and Top 5 Movies? SUPER hard!!! I'll try to narrow it down, though.

Top 5 Characters (in no particular order)
1. Boo (she's moved up on the list since I've had my little girl... and even further up once Ashlyn got her hair cut!!)
2. Belle
3. Eeyore
4. Gisele
5. Stitch

Top 5 Movies (in no particular order)
1. Beauty and the Beast
2. Cinderella
3. Enchanted
4. Lilo & Stitch
5. Princess and the Frog (probably mainly because it's new so I'm watching it a lot and planning our next movie night around it)
6. The Little Mermaid

I'd say that's a pretty accurate list for me, but one or two on each list changes depending on the day. :lmao: Sorry that's 6, but I couldn't decide what to keep out to put in The Little Mermaid (CAN'T believe I forgot that one!).

Hey Christina! Love your lists--I will have to watch Monster's Inc again. I have not seen it in ages. I am going to have to redo mine after we watch movies these weeks leading up to our trip because it has been so long since I have seen so many of the movies. :upsidedow

This is hard to narrow down, but here goes:

Characters:

1. Mickey
2. Lilo
3. Simba
4. Minnie
5. Pooh

Movies:

1. Mary Poppins
2. The Lion King
3. Beauty and the Beast
4. Monsters, Inc.
5. Sleeping Beauty

Hey the favorites game sounds like fun. Here are mine!

Lilo and Stitch (Those were the very 1st Disney characters we met)
Mickey Mouse
Minnie Mouse
Donald Duck
Snow White

Movies:
Toy Story 1
CARS
Finding Nemo
Monsters Inc
Princess and The Frog

This is hard to narrow down, but here goes:

Characters:

1. Mickey
2. Lilo
3. Simba
4. Minnie
5. Pooh

Movies:

1. Mary Poppins
2. The Lion King
3. Beauty and the Beast
4. Monsters, Inc.
5. Sleeping Beauty

Thanks for participating Michelle! Love your lists! I have never seen Lilo and Stitch but it is on our list to watch. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter