1 Child and 10 Adults--A GG to Celebrate DD's 4th Bday :) TR Link is Posted

Great list! I'll have to give some thought about it. I don't know if I'm awake enough yet to put together and cohesive list, in order of importance, but here are a few that would def make the top ten:

• The restaurants - trying new ones and revisiting favorites
  • Hearing the background music in future World
  • Exploring a new resort
  • Space Mountain with my Dad
  • The excitement of the girls on the plane
  • Sharing a dolewhip

Great list Rebecca! I am looking forward to all the restaurants too. I enjoy cooking but having the break will be great!! :laughing: Dolewhips--I have read more about those. I will have to see if DH will eat one so I can try a bite. :upsidedow

My 10 top:

1. A week off of work!
2. Staying in a villa - having a kichen, washer/dryer, separate bedroom
3. Staying at BCV - access to SAB, easy access to Epcot and DHS
4. My 6 year old (hopefully) doing JTA
5. Fantasmic! We've never seen it before!!!
6. The kids doing the Albatross cruise. I think they'll like it and it'll give us quality time with the little one.
7. Yummy food!
8. Date night with the hubby. At Bluezoo, no less!
9. Making happy memories with my family.
10. The little things that make Disney so magical. I never know what moments are going to be the special Disney moments but we always have them!

Amanda

I really like your list too Amanda!! Fantasmic is something I am really looking forward to seeing!! We missed it our first go around and I have heard it is the best night show. :yay:

Date night with hubby at Disney--what a great thing! :cloud9:The villas always look so nice so I will be looking forward to hearing about what you think. Thank you for sharing!!

Typically, we do a lot of preplanning, with the help of the Unofficial Guide's Best Days calendar - but we definitely do not plan out what rides to ride in what order. Which is what Ridemax and others do for you. There is no need for this in September, its just not busy enough to worry about it. On our first trip, I did sort of write out notes of a recommended touring plan, but we didn't need it and didn't use it. We use fastpass, and we never wait in lines longer than 20 minutes. Now if I was going in July or over Christmas... well I still probably wouldn't use those programs. I would just make sure to be there early and head straight for the most popular ride. I like to preserve a little bit of spontaneity.

That is what I am thinking Rebecca--that it will not even be worth it with us going in September. I really do not want to necessarily do everything in a specific order--more of a general we want to ride this in Fantasyland, Frontierland, etc. I think just having an idea of where we want to go first will be more important than a specific order. With the medical issues of some of those in the group, not crisscrossing the parks over and over will be important.

I like UG but we've never been very diligent about following the plans. My parents hired a Disney guide in May (it was expensive but awesome - he had a way to get us on all the rides without waiting) and we've used his ride order a bit in the past. We've never gone during busy season so it hasn't really been an issue. We let the kids guide us a bit. I'm sure we miss a lot but we have gone at least once a year for the past 3 years so we make up for our poor efficiency by going frequently! ;)

Amanda

can you share his general train of thought he used? I want to let Lilian gives us an idea of what she wants to ride but like I said above, I really want to minimize crisscrossing things as much as it is possible.

As for touring, I'm using TGM, myself, and UG. I used a mixture of all of them in the past as well.

Karen, what do you think of TGM? Is it worth the cost? I know we are both heading there in the fall which is typically a slower time in attendance (though with free dining it does increase the attendance some).

Last year I did the "all by myself" and lots of research...but, could never have predicted the rain to through a damper into the mix...

this year...I am again researching park times, EMH, firework shows, and for the first time UG...but, when it is all said and done...I will have made the list, the cards, and when we get there may throw it all to the wind if things do not appear as I dreamed; :rotfl2:
:wave2: Connie

Thanks for the feedback Connie. (I think it is just adorable the way Lilian says all by myself--all my by self :)). Weather can throw a kink into any plans!! Too bad we cannot really predict it nor can weather people most of the time. :rotfl:

I think it is important to be flexible!! I like planning though so having a plan together is comforting to me!! :lmao:

I have used TGM (08) and touringplans plus my self in (09)...this yr I hope to consult TGM but use The UG touringplans again as my guide and I draft my own touring plan...

What do you think about TGM? Is it worth the cost?

I'm planning a trip in October with some friends, so here is my top 10! (Sorry I've been MIA!)

1. Getting to spend my birthday at Walt Disney World, I never have before
2. Did someone say Treehouse Villa? Could be a possibility!
3. Seeing the faces of my friend Alex and my cousin Adam the first time they see the awesome-ness of Disney World!
4. Space Mountain! (it was closed for refrub last time I was there)
5. Dole Whips! YUM!
6. Kicking everyone's butt at TSM because I'm the only one in our group who's been on it!
7. Food and Wine Festival
8. MNSSHP
9. This is not Disney related but still...HARRY POTTER!
10. A week off work!

Karen, what do you think of TGM? Is it worth the cost? I know we are both heading there in the fall which is typically a slower time in attendance (though with free dining it does increase the attendance some).

I like TGM! I used him on the past trip and it totally paid off. His green/yellow/red day suggestions are right on mark, although once you understand why he suggests certain days, you can do it yourself! I still think that even slow times have been getting busier and I like to have a plan of best park days. We are going the last week of Free dining and it's right at the beginning of F&W as well. I think the last week of Sept. is going to be busier than normal b/c of this. From what I have read, the end of Sept has been getting busier in the past few years.

can you share his general train of thought he used? I want to let Lilian gives us an idea of what she wants to ride but like I said above, I really want to minimize crisscrossing things as much as it is possible.

When we entered the park, we walked down Main Street and took the 1st right that we could. We headed towards tomorrowland and started on Buzz Lightyear. We worked our way towards Fantasyland. Then we had lunch. After lunch we went to Frontierland and then finished with Pirates. He had a special card to get "back access" to rides.

We've never done criss-crossing except if my DH runs to grab some Fastpasses. We do take advantage of FP!

Amanda

I finally got a chance to read through your plans, though I must admit that I used the links and skipped the chatter. :blush:

I think that your plans look great so far! I love your "Wishes, No Thank Yous, and Sprinkles!!" :goodvibes

I subbed to RideMax last year, and also planned on using UG's touring plans, but ended up scrapping it all once we got there. My DS's moods are just too unpredictable at this age. :rolleyes:

Love the Top Ten list! I would have to really ponder to come up with only ten things for my list. :rotfl:

Great Top 10. I just joined TGM and I like it so far. My top 10 would be

1. Vacation with just my little family
2. Girl's reactions to everything
3. Girls after BBB
4. Dismeets!
5. FOOD- I have been watching what I eat
6. Poly atmosphere
7. Discovering new things
8. Fav rides from last yr Soarin, BTMR, Test Track
9. Weather-hoping for LESS rain
10. Just being at Disney

Great list! I have the UG and got the discount membership to the site for having the book, so I did that. I used it along with schedules for Fantasmic, Spectro, and EMH to plan our park days. I have read the touring plans so I have a basic idea in my mind of what to do it what order, but I am not following any schedules for ride to ride. Just having the basic idea and being able to make changes as it "flows" is enough for me. So I am happy with it.

My Top 10 (in no particular order):
1. Of course, seeing it all through Bella's eyes
2. Eating breakfast in the castle with the princesses
3. All the rides: old favorites and new ones
4. Seeing the changes that I've heard so much about since I was last there
5. Going to DHS and AK for the first time ever! (Was at MGM once before ToT or the hat were even there. There was nothing to do back then.)
6. Boat ride from POR to DTD
7. Meeting Tiana and going to Pixie Hollow (B's favs)
8. Margaritas in Mexico on Cinco de Mayo with fellow DIS-ers!!! :drinking1
9. The Flower and Garden Festival
10. STAYING ONSITE for the first time! (This is a big one lol)

I'm planning a trip in October with some friends, so here is my top 10! (Sorry I've been MIA!)

1. Getting to spend my birthday at Walt Disney World, I never have before
2. Did someone say Treehouse Villa? Could be a possibility!
3. Seeing the faces of my friend Alex and my cousin Adam the first time they see the awesome-ness of Disney World!
4. Space Mountain! (it was closed for refrub last time I was there)
5. Dole Whips! YUM!
6. Kicking everyone's butt at TSM because I'm the only one in our group who's been on it!
7. Food and Wine Festival
8. MNSSHP
9. This is not Disney related but still...HARRY POTTER!
10. A week off work!

:wave2: Hi Jen! I am glad you are able to come back and read a long. Yay for planning another trip!! :rotfl: being the Disney veteran has the advantages (including being them at TSM!!). A Treehouse Villa! Nice!! :banana:

Too bad you are not going in September :rolleyes1

Great Top 10. I just joined TGM and I like it so far. My top 10 would be

1. Vacation with just my little family
2. Girl's reactions to everything
3. Girls after BBB
4. Dismeets!
5. FOOD- I have been watching what I eat
6. Poly atmosphere
7. Discovering new things
8. Fav rides from last yr Soarin, BTMR, Test Track
9. Weather-hoping for LESS rain
10. Just being at Disney

:disrocks: I would love to be in on your may mayhem but alas we are not going to Disney in May. Maybe next year if I can convince DH ;) I will send a little prayer and wish for MUCH less rain your way at Disney in May. I am looking forward to BBB too. I think Lilian will have a great time!!

You will have to let me know what you think of TGM once you have a chance to use in May if you don't mind.

Great list! I have the UG and got the discount membership to the site for having the book, so I did that. I used it along with schedules for Fantasmic, Spectro, and EMH to plan our park days. I have read the touring plans so I have a basic idea in my mind of what to do it what order, but I am not following any schedules for ride to ride. Just having the basic idea and being able to make changes as it "flows" is enough for me. So I am happy with it.

My Top 10 (in no particular order):
1. Of course, seeing it all through Bella's eyes
2. Eating breakfast in the castle with the princesses
3. All the rides: old favorites and new ones
4. Seeing the changes that I've heard so much about since I was last there
5. Going to DHS and AK for the first time ever! (Was at MGM once before ToT or the hat were even there. There was nothing to do back then.)
6. Boat ride from POR to DTD
7. Meeting Tiana and going to Pixie Hollow (B's favs)
8. Margaritas in Mexico on Cinco de Mayo with fellow DIS-ers!!! :drinking1
9. The Flower and Garden Festival
10. STAYING ONSITE for the first time! (This is a big one lol)

I don't think there is going to be anything like seeing Disney through the eyes of our children!! How special it will be! :yay: It was MGM the last time I was there too :laughing: I sure hope Tiana is there when we are there in September. We took the boat ride from POFQ and thought it was a nice way to travel--really peaceful!! I LOVED :love: the Flower and Garden festival. Another reason I would love to go back in May next year. :goodvibes

I have a UG membership too since I have the UG w/kids. I think if I have an idea of general idea of what way we should head and an idea of what rides we would like to go on I think we will be good too. Like trying to knock off Dumbo and trying to end up at Toontown around 15 minutes before it is scheduled to open. Things like that should help (I hope).

I finally got a chance to read through your plans, though I must admit that I used the links and skipped the chatter. :blush:

I think that your plans look great so far! I love your "Wishes, No Thank Yous, and Sprinkles!!" :goodvibes

I subbed to RideMax last year, and also planned on using UG's touring plans, but ended up scrapping it all once we got there. My DS's moods are just too unpredictable at this age. :rolleyes:

Love the Top Ten list! I would have to really ponder to come up with only ten things for my list. :rotfl:

:welcome: Julie to my PTR!! I don't blame you for skipping the chatter :) With starting it well in advance, including the links I thought would be essential to make it easier to read.

Thank you--that is how I think about them as I am reading and thinking about tour plans. :goodvibes

I can see where RideMax and TGM would be essential if going during peak times like spring break or busy summer times. I have no clue how Lilian is going to react. :confused3

I like TGM! I used him on the past trip and it totally paid off. His green/yellow/red day suggestions are right on mark, although once you understand why he suggests certain days, you can do it yourself! I still think that even slow times have been getting busier and I like to have a plan of best park days. We are going the last week of Free dining and it's right at the beginning of F&W as well. I think the last week of Sept. is going to be busier than normal b/c of this. From what I have read, the end of Sept has been getting busier in the past few years.

Free dining definitely has been bringing in many more visitors otherwise. F&W is so popular too. I can understand why you would want to use it! Have you looked at UG? Similar concept as TGM with rating the days and giving best parks and ones to avoid.

When we entered the park, we walked down Main Street and took the 1st right that we could. We headed towards tomorrowland and started on Buzz Lightyear. We worked our way towards Fantasyland. Then we had lunch. After lunch we went to Frontierland and then finished with Pirates. He had a special card to get "back access" to rides.

We've never done criss-crossing except if my DH runs to grab some Fastpasses. We do take advantage of FP!

Amanda

Interesting! I think it is always interesting to hear what ways people navigate through the parks. :goodvibes

For me since I am going in September (and few others I know who are reading as well--PARK HOURS ARE OUT!!!!!!!)

Oh, as for plans, first I memorized UG :rotfl2:.
Then I bought a subscription to RideMax and between that and my UG knowledge I put together a plan! I never went with exactly what RideMax would spit out because we didn't want to crisscross the parks.

Okay, just read it all. Whew!

So sorry about your friend, and those tenants! I'm wishing your friend well. :wizard:

You've got some fantastic plans! I can't wait to read more. :goodvibes

Oh, as for plans, first I memorized UG :rotfl2:.
Then I bought a subscription to RideMax and between that and my UG knowledge I put together a plan! I never went with exactly what RideMax would spit out because we didn't want to crisscross the parks.

Thanks Cheryl! There is a lot to read :laughing:! I really do not want to crisscross the parks either which is why I think I am going to try it myself with suggestions from my TA and UG's crowd calendar and touring plans. I hope I can get a good idea from them. :idea:

I like the concept of the touring plans but I didn't find it worked well for us. The kids would see a ride or a character and they're too young to understand the plan. I don't really care how many rides we experience, as long as everyone is having fun! One of the things that I really love about Disney is that the whole place is magical. I could have a fabulous trip without every going on a ride! September will be a wonderful time to go and I doubt you'll need to stick to a rigid plan. It'll be awesome in every way!!!

Amanda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter