1 BR Villa Question

klwdisney

DIS Veteran
We are a group of 3 adults and 1 child looking to visit disney next Fall. We are debating our different resort choices and seem to be leaning more towards sharing a 1 br villa. We all love the Beach Club Villas but they are looking VERY worn out. The Boardwalk Villas seem to have been recently rennovated. It doesn't look like the BWV have 2 bathrooms in their 1 br units like the BCV units seem to have. Can anyone confirm?

We'll be in a 1 bedroom at BCV in a couple of weeks. They only have 1 bathroom in their 1 bedroom units too.

I stayed at BCV in June and really enjoyed it. Our villa was nice and clean. We had a 2 bedroom villa and it had 2 bathrooms. One for the master to share w/the living space and one in the 2nd bedroom. That makes me think a 1 bedroom would only have one bathroom.

For 2 bathrooms in a 1 bedroom villa, you could stay at BLT. You would also have a pullout chair in addition to the pullout sofa.

I stayed at BCV in June and really enjoyed it. Our villa was nice and clean. We had a 2 bedroom villa and it had 2 bathrooms. One for the master to share w/the living space and one in the 2nd bedroom. That makes me think a 1 bedroom would only have one bathroom.

For 2 bathrooms in a 1 bedroom villa, you could stay at BLT. You would also have a pullout chair in addition to the pullout sofa.

I believe AKV 1 bedroom units have 2 bathrooms as well - someone correct me of I am wrong.

Oh really? I could've sworn I saw pics of the Master Bathroom in the BCV 1 br villas. Bummer!!
I think BLT may be a squinch out of our price range! And none of us was into the AKL theming.
How about OKW 1 br's?

The only 1BR villas that have 2 bathrooms are BLT and Kidani.

A lot of people feel the decor at BCV is "worn out" looking. While they haven't been renovated as recently as some, they were decorated to have a casual beachy cottage feel. I personally love the decor at BCV, it's very laid back & relaxing.

Oh really? I could've sworn I saw pics of the Master Bathroom in the BCV 1 br villas. Bummer!!
I think BLT may be a squinch out of our price range! And none of us was into the AKL theming.
How about OKW 1 br's?

The master bath is the only bath in the 1BR at BCV. There is, however, a door into that bathroom from the LR area, so the pictures might make it look like there are 2 separate ones, when there aren't.

How about OKW 1 br's?

Maybe you could rent DVC points?

I know this isn't what you asked, but...

with 3 adults and a child, I would try to swing a 2 bedroom, if at all possible.

Not having people sleeping in the living room would make the trip so much more pleasant, plus you have the two bathrooms then.

OKW has one bathroom in the 1 bedroom as well.

However, the living area is much larger than at the other properties. If you can't swing a 2 bedroom, OKW is the only one I would choose because of the extra space.

If you are going to stay in a one bedroom you might want to consider AKV or BLT, not only for the extra bathroom, but for the pullout sofa AND pullout chair for sleeping arrangements. OKW now offers the pullout chair as well, but does not have that extra bathroom. OKW is bigger in size though.

With 3 adults my priority would be having 2 bathrooms, then I would consider sleeping arrangements. A 2 bedroom would be ideal. If you are looking to save money then I would rent DVC points and not book directly through Disney. If a 2 bedroom isn't doable then I would do the 1 bedroom at AKV or BLT. They both have the extra bathroom and the sleeper chair plus sleeper sofa in the living room. I know you said AKV didn't appeal to you all but I would really consider it. It would be cheaper too but AKV is a beautiful resort. Before our first stay we thought it wouldn't appeal to us. The decor is not what we usually like, it looked too dark, etc.... It is now our favorite DVC resort! It's just so beautiful and waking up to the animals outside your balcony is amazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter