1 bedroom or 2 bedroom

crampr

Earning My Ears
Hello all. I have a question on your thoughts.

We are planning on going to WDW in October with my in laws. There will be 4 adults and 1 child (8 years old). I am wondering if a 1 bedroom will be large enough or should we get a 2 bedroom?

We are planning on going to WDW in October with my in laws. There will be 4 adults and 1 child (8 years old). I am wondering if a 1 bedroom will be large enough or should we get a 2 bedroom?
Unless you get a 2 BR, one couple will have to sleep on a pullout. Technically you're OK with a 1 BR but BLT and AKV will work best if you go that route. I'd do a 2 BR.

I would definately recommend a 2BR. That way, you have plenty of room in case someone needs some "space".

For us, the big plus to the 2 bedroom is the additional bathroom. If you have a 2 bedroom at BLT or AKV, you'll have 3 bathrooms. At the other resorts, you'll have 2 bathrooms. That extra bathroom really helps when everyone is trying to get ready in the morning! I also don't love sleeping on pull out sofas, so if you go the 1 bedroom route, make sure 2 adults are okay not having a "real" bed.

Our first trip as DVC members, we took my husband's parents with us. We are a family of three and our son was about five at the time. We booked an OKW two bedroom villa and it worked out very nicely. They were able to have the second bedroom to themselves and we had the master. Our son slept on the sleeper sofa in the living room or in the king sized bed with one of us (the other slept on the sleeper sofa).

After the fact I thought I should have booked a two bedroom lockoff so the inlaws could have the second bedroom, plus the kitchenette to themselves if they wanted it that way.

For us, the big plus to the 2 bedroom is the additional bathroom. If you have a 2 bedroom at BLT or AKV, you'll have 3 bathrooms. At the other resorts, you'll have 2 bathrooms. That extra bathroom really helps when everyone is trying to get ready in the morning! I also don't love sleeping on pull out sofas, so if you go the 1 bedroom route, make sure 2 adults are okay not having a "real" bed.

Just AKV Kidani has the 3 bathrooms.

Jambo only has lock offs (adjoining studio and 1br) with a wacky non-master bathroom in the 1BR.

unless all of you currently live together, and only one couple has a door on their bedroom, and/or you are staying for one night....get the 2-bdrm.
all will be more likely to still love (and like) one another after the vacation :)

I'll be the sole voice of dissent, and say that if you get along well with your in-laws, a one bedroom could be large enough and save you quite a bit of points. I'd go for BLT or AKV-K for the second bathroom, but if they're okay with sleeping on the pull-out, which is very comfy, then the 1 bedrooms are over 900 square feet, which is about 3x as large as a regular hotel room.

If you did book two sets of accommodation would they not guarantee they were next to each other (or as close as the layout would allow)

i live next door to my parents and get a long very well with them and I wouldn't stay in a one bedroom. I have two kids so I can't but even if I had one child I would still get the two bedroom. We have stayed at okw in a 2 bedroom, animal kingdom, and treehouse villas with my parents. I would always get a 2 bedroom.....the pull out is ok but I wouldn't want to sleep on it for a week and I wouldn't ask my parents to either.....I hate asking my kids to lol but they do.

We did our first DVC trip in September. Myself, husband, my parents and 2 infants.

While we could have done a 1 bedroom,I didnt want to stick my parents on a pull out, nor spend my whole vacation on one. The 2 bedroom, while quite a few more points, was much more comfortable for our family. Both couples had their own space to unwind if needed, there was someplace to go (living room) if people were sleeping in the bedrooms etc.

With two couples and a child, I would make the in laws as comfortable as possible by giving them their own room. If you get the 1 bedroom and got it at AKV, you could give them the master, and you and your child would have the pullouts in the living room and your own bath. BUT....I wouldn't want to do that, so I'd be doing the 2 bedroom for sure. Heck, we are planing a 3 bedroom for 4 people at Christmas time this year so our adult children each get their own room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter