A Pink Pixie Princess - Complete!

I was also going to suggest the teal....it jumped out at me first. But obviously you need to go with what you think looks the best.

Did you post your outfit for the half yet and I missed it?

That shirt is awesome!!!! I'm so jealous although I almost never wear tanks because of my flabby 51-year old arms.

I actually like it with the purple. It picks up a hint of it in the aquarium plant and it coordinates nicely with the blue. The yellow would be my second pick. I actually think the fish tie-in to Little Mermaid is a great idea and "sad cause they in da bowl" made me laugh!!

I'm sorry both you & Mr. A caught the virus that was going around. It's amazing how it seems every year around Christmas that little bugger seems to get to as many people as possible. I had a horrible head cold for the 3 days leading up to Christmas and then two days after I was better, except for the lovely continuing cough.
I'm also sorry the vacation wasn't exactly what you had both hoped for ... here's hoping the next vacation goes off swimmingly!
Thank you! Ugh, it sounds like you had something very similar to what I have! Yuck!

Yeah, I feel a little silly complaining about our vacation - because we still got to GO - but I gotta keep it real. It was mostly good, just not 100% good. :)
I was also going to suggest the teal....it jumped out at me first. But obviously you need to go with what you think looks the best.
Now you ladies have me re-thinking the teal!!
Did you post your outfit for the half yet and I missed it?
Nope! I have it picked out, just haven't posted ye. I am trying to spread out the outfit posts to break the thread up a little bit (so it's not all my complaining about my back or just recapping training stuff...gotta put some fun stuff in too!).
That shirt is awesome!!!! I'm so jealous although I almost never wear tanks because of my flabby 51-year old arms.
You stop! You are anything but flabby! *flex*
I actually like it with the purple. It picks up a hint of it in the aquarium plant and it coordinates nicely with the blue. The yellow would be my second pick. I actually think the fish tie-in to Little Mermaid is a great idea and "sad cause they in da bowl" made me laugh!!
Okay, so now...

MagicalTeal: 2 votes
ShockingRed: 1 vote
PowerPurple: 1 vote

The race is heating up! :eek: :rotfl2:

The fish don't seem that sad though, right? They're sort of happily jumping/swimming? Happy cuz they in da bowl? :)

I was totally going to call out Hotel Del but I see you ended up mentioning it by name in a later post. I was stationed at Naval Air Station Coronado for two years and drove past "California Grand Floridian" every day. I finally stayed there before I moved out of the area and ... wasn't impressed. The trade off for being in the cool historic building are tiny rooms and paper thin walls. There's also a Navy hotel on base that it just a couple miles down the island, with the same part of the Pacific ocean room views and I could have stayed there for nine nights for what I payed for one at the Del- I never mind spending pretty pennies on extravagances that are worth it. Won't be going to the Hotel Del again though.
Did you do the chef's table at Napa? It will out you into a food coma but is so AMAZING! The price is the same as getting the prix fix menu but the chef comes over and talks about what you like and don't like and it's just a lot of fun to do. Don't know if it's always included, but we had hot chocolate and donuts as part of our dessert that they sent up to our room when we were too full so I guess I saved $15 on Napa Rose hot chocolate?
Disneyland over busy periods is so bad. I think it's because the park is so small- when it's crowded it sets off a claustrophobia in me I didn't even know I had! The area around Indy in Adventureland always seems to be the worst. Ugh ugh ugh. And yay for making use of extra magic hours. The amount of benefit gotten out of waking up early- it's like an IRA- you can't make up for lost time! The things you can do early with no crowds you can't get that back once the parks start filling up!
I'm sorry the trip wasn't perfect. It sounded like you got to do a lot of amazing things mixed in with a couple of doozies. But that's the cool thing about life. You learned some things for the next trip and if everything was always awesome, being awesome would lose its luster. I hope Mr. A enjoyed Disneyland. Did he have any major comparisons between the two coasts? What did YOU think of all the Christmas decorations and holiday ride overlays?

Ugh, forgot skirt pics. I'm going to make an unpopular opinions and say that I don't think ANY of the blues match well enough to wear. From the pictures, it looks like the red matches the aquarium coral, so I like that. I also like how the yellow makes the fishies' tails pop. Those are my votes. Also, I know there's a company that makes magnets to hold onto race bibs so you don't make holes in clothes. I can't remember who they are, but I'm sure any magnet would work- it doesn't have to be runner-market specific ;)

I was totally going to call out Hotel Del but I see you ended up mentioning it by name in a later post. I was stationed at Naval Air Station Coronado for two years and drove past "California Grand Floridian" every day. I finally stayed there before I moved out of the area and ... wasn't impressed. The trade off for being in the cool historic building are tiny rooms and paper thin walls. There's also a Navy hotel on base that it just a couple miles down the island, with the same part of the Pacific ocean room views and I could have stayed there for nine nights for what I payed for one at the Del- I never mind spending pretty pennies on extravagances that are worth it. Won't be going to the Hotel Del again though.
Yeah, isn't it supposed to be one of the best hotels in the country or whatever? When we left I remember thinking we were probably one of the few parties to ever want to check out earlier...:confused3

For what we were paying (actually same price per night as what we paid at Paradise Pier), I was really surprised by the size of the room, like you said - our room at PPH was huge and we definitely got spoiled by that. And we happened to be right next to the stairwell, and just the sound of people going up and down the stairs was SO LOUD. And there were other little things I didn't like - no counter space in the bathroom (always a pet peeve of mine - I've had that happen at Disney took), and the fact that the bathroom door kept getting stuck. I thought I was going to be locked in the first time I used the bathroom. It just wasn't what I was expecting.
Did you do the chef's table at Napa? It will out you into a food coma but is so AMAZING! The price is the same as getting the prix fix menu but the chef comes over and talks about what you like and don't like and it's just a lot of fun to do. Don't know if it's always included, but we had hot chocolate and donuts as part of our dessert that they sent up to our room when we were too full so I guess I saved $15 on Napa Rose hot chocolate?
Nope, just did the regular menu. Maybe next time we will try the Chef's Table!

And yes, it does sound like you saved yourself 15 big ones. :rotfl2:
Disneyland over busy periods is so bad. I think it's because the park is so small- when it's crowded it sets off a claustrophobia in me I didn't even know I had! The area around Indy in Adventureland always seems to be the worst. Ugh ugh ugh. And yay for making use of extra magic hours. The amount of benefit gotten out of waking up early- it's like an IRA- you can't make up for lost time! The things you can do early with no crowds you can't get that back once the parks start filling up!
OMG - you just reminded me of another low I forgot to mention. I was convinced Mr. A would love Indy. We got fastpasses, then got on the ride and it stopped right when you see the first Indy AA. We were stuck there for 25 minutes (seriously...the people sitting in the car behind us started eating sandwiches they'd brought with them), and Mr. A started feeling a little claustrophobic. :scared: I thought we'd get evac'd but we didn't - the ride started up again, but with the lights on and pretty much no audio. So by the end we were totally over it and ready to leave - but then they wouldn't let us off and made us go through again, this time with everything working properly. I know that was their way to "make it right" after the first ride was sub-par, but we just wanted to GO by then. It was not fun and Mr. A freaking hated it! What a mess. Anyway, yeah...Adventureland was the worst. Fantasyland was pretty bad too.

We didn't figure out how important it was to get up earlier until morning #2 in the parks (of 4). That first hour was gold.
I'm sorry the trip wasn't perfect. It sounded like you got to do a lot of amazing things mixed in with a couple of doozies. But that's the cool thing about life. You learned some things for the next trip and if everything was always awesome, being awesome would lose its luster. I hope Mr. A enjoyed Disneyland. Did he have any major comparisons between the two coasts? What did YOU think of all the Christmas decorations and holiday ride overlays?
I think part of it is my fault - I was totally expecting too much out of this trip. We'd been planning ad looking forward to it for so long that there was no way it was going to live up. And I wanted SO badly for Mr. A to love Disneyland as much as I do, which is asking WAY too much since I am the Disney freak and he is not. He loves Disney, just not like I do.

I think Mr. A DID enjoy Disneyland, but it was tough having his first visit be the busiest week of the year. Good Table Service is really important for us during Disney trips, and we both felt that Disneyland fell short there. I think he prefers WDW just because there's more to DO...and after this trip I'd say the resorts are about even for me (where after Disneyland Half Marathon weekend I greatly preferred Disneyland).

I thought the holiday ride overlays were awesome. We got to do Jingle Cruise once, Small World Holiday once and Haunted Mansion Holiday twice (I think, maybe 3 times?). I was really surprised at how thorough the overlays were. They were so well done. And I loved the Christmas decorations...I know people say they lack this year compared to other years, but this was my first Christmas at Disneyland, so I thought they were great. Really wasn't impressed by the Winter version of World of Color though - I greatly prefer the 60th version.
Ugh, forgot skirt pics. I'm going to make an unpopular opinions and say that I don't think ANY of the blues match well enough to wear. From the pictures, it looks like the red matches the aquarium coral, so I like that. I also like how the yellow makes the fishies' tails pop. Those are my votes. Also, I know there's a company that makes magnets to hold onto race bibs so you don't make holes in clothes. I can't remember who they are, but I'm sure any magnet would work- it doesn't have to be runner-market specific ;)
I'm definitely leaning toward not using any of the blues. I think my front-runner right now is the yellow skirt, followed by the green. :confused3 I took those pictures quite awhile ago so at some point I'll have to try my front-runners on again and see if I've changed my mind.

MagicalTeal: 2 votes
ShockingRed: 2 votes
StorybookYellowToo: 2 votes
PowerPurple: 1 vote
EnchantedGreen: 1 vote

Aw man, sorry about all the yucky stuff that happened to you! It is so easy to have higher expectations and so hard when they don't pan out like you want! I love disney but have had to, not lower my expectations but just re-think some of them. Isn't it funny how you can work yourself up over these things?

So I am so excited that I am going to be doing GSC with so many of my "heroes" and inspirational disboarders! Do ya'll want to plan a little meet or something-I just would really like to give a few of ya'll a big hug...I promise not to take up too much of your time. Is ZellyB gonna be at WDW for PHM weekend?

Anyway, sorry I took that tangent! I kinda like the teal with that very cute tank. Can't wait to see your PHM outfit and think your training plan looks great!

Sorry to hear that your trip did not go to plan, hopefully the next one will be better.

If you are still taking votes, I liked the shocking red skirt.

Aw man, sorry about all the yucky stuff that happened to you! It is so easy to have higher expectations and so hard when they don't pan out like you want! I love disney but have had to, not lower my expectations but just re-think some of them. Isn't it funny how you can work yourself up over these things?
Yes it is. I think I'm going to have to adopt your attitude of re-thinking the expectations. Everyone would be happier!

I feel so ridiculous - we were lucky enough to be able to even take this trip and here I am whining about it! :sad2:
So I am so excited that I am going to be doing GSC with so many of my "heroes" and inspirational disboarders! Do ya'll want to plan a little meet or something-I just would really like to give a few of ya'll a big hug...I promise not to take up too much of your time. Is ZellyB gonna be at WDW for PHM weekend?
I'd be down for a little meet-up! Maybe we can arrange something in the Princess Half thread. :)

@ZellyB will not be there that weekend, sadly. :sad:
Anyway, sorry I took that tangent! I kinda like the teal with that very cute tank. Can't wait to see your PHM outfit and think your training plan looks great!
Another vote for the teal! I guess I need to give that one another look!
Sorry to hear that your trip did not go to plan, hopefully the next one will be better.
thanks! I'm trying to remind myself that we're lucky to be able to travel and to focus on the good things. :) We're both almost totally recovered from being sick, so that helps.
If you are still taking votes, I liked the shocking red skirt.
I am!

MagicalTeal: 3
ShockingRed: 3
StorybookYellowToo: 2
PowerfulPurple: 1
EnchantedGreen: 1

Goodbye Money! INKnBURN: 6 New-To-Me Classics and Club InB

Yep, more INKnBURN! First, an update on the Mystery Tech Shirts that I received a few weeks back and was so disappointed in. They are ALL GONE! :yay: I was able to sell all 4 of them pretty easily on Facebook for exactly what I paid, plus shipping - very important as part of the "mystery classics from the vault" promotion was that there would be no returns or exchanges. So I didn't lose any money on the deal, and now there are 4 ladies that are happy to have the shirts. Win-win for everyone.

The last of the mystery vault promotion happened while we were in San Francisco (December 22) - mystery singlets! I had a pretty hefty store credit with INKnBURN that I'd been saving just for this promo, so I pounced and ordered 5 tops (and I'm glad I pounced, because my size sold out super quickly again). Despite being burned on the short-sleeved tech shirts. Eek!

The singlets are essentially tank tops with thicker straps. They don't fit very close to the body...very comfortable (my Fish Tank I'll be wearing for the Princess 10K is a singlet).

w_mystery_singlet__98514.1450803595.1280.1280.jpg

For my delivery option, I put that I wanted to pick up the tanks in the INKnBURN store, which is located about 20 minutes south of Disneyland. The wait was sort of agonizing, but as I occasionally checked Facebook I saw that people the same size as I am were getting good tanks in the mail. That made me think that this would go much better than the short-sleeved shirts! ::yes::

We checked out of Paradise Pier on December 29th and headed to INKnBURN HQ. The staff member we met there was so nice! She actually gave me a few choices between shirts so I wouldn't go home with duplicates, and I was very pleased with what I got (not surprised, since I'd seen what people were getting on Facebook).

Here are the 4 that I am definitely keeping...Flutter and Sugar Skull on the top row, and Drifting Petals and Dragonfly on the bottom row. The Drifting Petals tank is actually 1 size smaller than what I usually wear, but that was what I had to do to avoid duplicates. Luckily I can fit into the smaller size...just prefer the bigger size for a bit more length.
23631288163_6a6ec976cd_z.jpg

24149953612_04d8b60e37_z.jpg

Very happy with these! Especially Flutter. Now I just need to get that one in the short-sleeved and long-sleeved versions (next-to-impossible to find, but I can hope!).

This is the 5th tank I got...it's called Lust:
24258256495_15cb47f377_z.jpg

People freak out over this design, and I tried to make myself love it...but I don't. :confused3 It's just not me. I definitely gravitate toward the more flowery/nature-y designs. But I picked it when I was at INKnBURN HQ because I thought it would be good trade bait to get something I really wanted.

I put it up for trade and got 4-5 offers, but nothing was really jumping out at me. Again, I tried to make myself love it, but eventually I decided I should sell it to someone who would appreciate it more than I do, and that way I'd get money to spend on something I ACTUALLY love. So I put the tank up for sale...DRAMA. :faint: In our Facebook group we use an "In Search Of" list and people were arguing with me like I was giving priority to the wrong people first. (It's a long, stupid story...but one of the admins of the Facebook group said I did it right, while the other said I didn't. Things have since been clarified...but I still think I was right ;).) It was so dumb. I've seen similar drama in the SparkleSkirt Facebook groups...sigh. I so wanted to be like, "dudes, it's JUST A SHIRT" but then again, I was pretty mad about those mystery techs I received...and those are just shirts. :upsidedow And we're all in the InB Facebook group because we love the clothes. To make matters worse, the person that is the one that is actually buying the Lust top put my email address into PayPal incorrectly, so there's still a hold-up. Eh, whatever.

ANYWAY...speaking of that "In Search Of" list. I had 2 people contact me for items that I was on the top of the list for, and I received those in the mail today!

Behold, an awkward selfie...the Dragonfly camisole (new with tags, so I paid full price for that one - same design as the singlet above, but this is the version with the skinnier straps) and the True Blue Denim Capris. Per the old capris owner, she'd worn them casually and ran in them 1-2 times, and her asking price was $25 below what I would have paid for them brand new - and that included shipping costs. And they are in great condition...BARGAIN! :banana: These capris are really hard to find, so I am really glad I have a pair! They are super versatile - they basically just look like capri-length blue jeans, but they're tech fabric.
24149952992_3672476488_z.jpg

And lastly...Club INB. :teeth:
23630224854_76c6ab60f5_z.jpg

Essentially there's a membership fee, and with that comes a welcome box (pictured above, to be shipped by January 31) filled with goodies and access to exclusive products. I gave this one some thought for about 10 minutes before deciding to take the plunge - the FOMO* was too strong! It's funny, when I got an email about something similar for Raw Threads, I thought it was a giant rip-off...with INKnBURN it's like, take my money! Maybe I'm a sucker, but at least I know what I like. Plus, I DID just get a promotion at work, so I'm sort of considering this club membership a congratulatory gift, from me to me. :teeth:

This was part of my motivation for selling the Lust tank (along with a few other pieces I've unloaded since we got home)...2016 will be the year of INK! :)

*Fear Of Missing Out

Continued in Next Post

Last edited:
Shannon!
Thanks for sharing so much information, running, clothing, travel, cheering( the rest of us on...!)
There is so much Ive read I could respond to, but I'm going to keep it shorter.... maybe!! Lol!

Congratulations on your promotion! More dollars for InB ; )

Was so sad to hear about your trip trials, I empathize with "the trip we've been planning for forever" syndrome, sometimes they just don't live up to our expectations, but also the illness hurdles while traveling are such a drain on the experience. So glad you are on the other side.

Love love love! the aquarium shirt!
Skirt votes, I vote for the red,.... but also, a vote for the not popular black! I find the black makes the rest of the aquarium "pop", maybe its different in person, but the black doesn't compete with the amazing design on the shirt, and from the photo almost seems to make it look more 3 dimensional.

Lastly, I don't know if I am going to thank you for the intro to InknBurn!! Their stuff is FANTASTIC!! I have things sitting in the shopping cart, but can't quite hit the send button because I never seem to fit in clothes I order online, and their sizing seems .......challenging. Im tall, and not exactly svelte..., so sleeves are frequently short and shorts are... really short!! With everything you went through with the skirts, i don't know if I have the patience for the buying and returning that you had to go through. I found a store about an hour and a half away and am seriously considering a field trip to size some things out. Love that flutter design, and the chameleon pattern, wish they still had them in capris!!

well, again, Just love all of your posts, and how supportive you are of everyone on here.
Thanks so much for bringing us along, I'm looking forward to more :)

PS- can't WAIT to see what comes in the black box!!!

Shannon!
Thanks for sharing so much information, running, clothing, travel, cheering( the rest of us on...!)
There is so much Ive read I could respond to, but I'm going to keep it shorter.... maybe!! Lol!
Thanks for reading so far! :)
Congratulations on your promotion! More dollars for InB ; )
Thank you! :) That's exactly what I thought - more dollars for INKnBURN and Disney!!
Was so sad to hear about your trip trials, I empathize with "the trip we've been planning for forever" syndrome, sometimes they just don't live up to our expectations, but also the illness hurdles while traveling are such a drain on the experience. So glad you are on the other side.
Yeah, we normally plan our trips out pretty far in advance, and I'm starting to think that's maybe not a good thing...it's almost too much pressure for any trip we take to be perfect. It's tough with Disney trips though (cruises especially, since it's cheaper the earlier you book) since we can only travel at peak times with Mr. A being a teacher...we have to lock in reservations and things pretty early.
Love love love! the aquarium shirt!
Skirt votes, I vote for the red,.... but also, a vote for the not popular black! I find the black makes the rest of the aquarium "pop", maybe its different in person, but the black doesn't compete with the amazing design on the shirt, and from the photo almost seems to make it look more 3 dimensional.
Hmm...that is a good point about the black skirt...good thing I still have a few weeks to decide!!

MagicalTeal: 3
ShockingRed: 4
StorybookYellowToo: 2
PowerfulPurple: 1
EnchantedGreen: 1
BlackSilk: 1
Lastly, I don't know if I am going to thank you for the intro to InknBurn!! Their stuff is FANTASTIC!! I have things sitting in the shopping cart, but can't quite hit the send button because I never seem to fit in clothes I order online, and their sizing seems .......challenging. Im tall, and not exactly svelte..., so sleeves are frequently short and shorts are... really short!! With everything you went through with the skirts, i don't know if I have the patience for the buying and returning that you had to go through. I found a store about an hour and a half away and am seriously considering a field trip to size some things out. Love that flutter design, and the chameleon pattern, wish they still had them in capris!!
Haha, you may thank me but your bank account won't! :)

Yeah, the sizing is tough. I was lucky with the tops - I got that right pretty quickly - but the bottoms have been a challenge. Their shorts are DEFINITELY short...still not sure how anyone who isn't a total twig can run in them. I wish they had stores near me...I don't think they have any in my state at all!
well, again, Just love all of your posts, and how supportive you are of everyone on here.
Thanks so much for bringing us along, I'm looking forward to more :)
:) Thank you for saying that, that's really nice to hear.
PS- can't WAIT to see what comes in the black box!!!
AHHH ME TOO! They sent us a welcome email today and I can see the club section when I log into their webpage...:eek: Can't wait to get that black box!!

AHHH ME TOO! They sent us a welcome email today and I can see the club section when I log into their webpage...:eek: Can't wait to get that black box!!

Is this membership a one and done you think or do they offer it every year..... Asked hopefully?!?!?!

Is this membership a one and done you think or do they offer it every year..... Asked hopefully?!?!?!
I have no idea! This is the first year they have done it...if it's successful for them I could see them bringing it back!

YAAAAS!! Which one, the pullover or the long sleeve? Doesn't matter, they are both awesome!

The pullover! No long sleeve left except Xs
And THAT wasn't happening! Lol!

Now I'm getting ready to scour the house for eBay potentials!!! Ha ha ha!
Can you tell me when the next meeting of InB Anonymous meets?? :rotfl2:

Sorry to hear your vacation ended on a sour note. Hope you and Will are all recovered from your trip! Those Princess medals sure are gorgeous! Ariel is my absolute favorite so I'm quite sad to be missing out on them :faint: Oh well! :confused3

girliea said:
Is ZellyB gonna be at WDW for PHM weekend?

As Shannon said that's a sad no. GSC is on my list at some point just not sure when. I'll be thinking of all of you there and trying to control my jealousy. :)

I was close to buying that InB black box but didn't do it. By the time I looked a second time to consider it they had sold out. :sad1: Although that's better for my bank account anyway.

I love all the tanks you got. I really love that flutter design. I'm stalking the website waiting for new stuff to come out. Lol.

As Shannon said that's a sad no. GSC is on my list at some point just not sure when. I'll be thinking of all of you there and trying to control my jealousy. :)

I was close to buying that InB black box but didn't do it. By the time I looked a second time to consider it they had sold out. :sad1: Although that's better for my bank account anyway.

I love all the tanks you got. I really love that flutter design. I'm stalking the website waiting for new stuff to come out. Lol.

Do you have another runDisney race planned for the near future, Zelly?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter