1/2 Marathon - They did it!

Discussion in 'Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board' started by GoofyArt, Jan 9, 2005.

1. GoofyArt

GoofyArt Earning My Ears

I know many of you would be interested in this news so I thought I would "delurk" and post this!

Susan--Ontario (that's my DW) and her sisters Debbie, NancyK and MaryLiz all finished their half marathons this morning! :cool1:
    I knew they could do it!

All of us here at home send them our congratulations, admiration and love! :thewave: And we can't wait to see their Donald medals!

And since I know there were many others on this board that were taking on this challenge let me offer my congratulations as well!!

Art

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. PoohBWV

PoohBWV <font color=green>Moderator<br><font color=red>Pro

Way to go Susan, Debbie, NancyK and MaryLiz!!! :cool1: :Pinkbounc :grouphug: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :flower1:

4. eleanor

eleanor DIS Veteran

Way to go and congratulations. :cool1: :thewave:

5. cdnmickeylover

cdnmickeylover <font color=CC99CC>Anyone want to pay off my stude

Was thinking about them and am so glad that they all finished.

So when's the next Dismeet to show off the medals???

6. Scratch42

Scratch42 <font color=navy>I Owe, I Owe, so Off to Work I go

YIPEE!

I knew you Gals could do it!

Scratch

7. Snowwark

Snowwark DIS Veteran

WOOHOO!!! Congratulations! :cool1:

Canadian DIS women rock! :)

8. Baboo

Baboo <font color=navy>Kookie Kanadian Riddler<br><font

Woohoo!!! Way to go! Congrats to all of you!

9. BitsnBearsMom

BitsnBearsMom <font color=green>We sure are lucky that way<br><f

Way to go!! :cool1: :cheer2:

10. TimNDansMom

TimNDansMom <font color=red>Enjoys a leisurely lunch<br><font

CONGRATULATIONS to you all! :cheer2:

11. Lynda Silk

Lynda Silk DIS Veteran

Wow, that's awesome! Congrats to all of you! What an amazing experience for all of you! We're so proud of you! Canadian DIS women sure do rock!

12. Susan--Ontario

Susan--Ontario DIS Veteran

Thanks for all your congratulations!!!

MaryLiz, NancyK and Rachael Q all finished in the required 3:30 time limit. Debbie and I finished in 3:40. Once you're in MK they don't sweep you anymore.

We met well over 25 other DIS'ers from the WISH board. We had a meal together Saturday night at Trail's End and we were a sea of green. It was awesome.

SO, TEAM CANADA was 100% successful!!!!

Fiona, I'm always up for a DIS Meet. Now I need to go and unpack as tomorrow it's back to work.

13. Debbie

Debbie <font color=blue><marquee>DIScovering DIS magic</m

Thanks for the congratulations and well wishes. It was an exciting and awesome time. Our mother, Mary Liz's DS and DD, and Nancy and MaryLiz's husbands cheered us as we struggled up Contemporary hill. They said that they had a lot of people pleased with their Canadian flags and posters. We didn't get to walk up Main Street, but we enjoyed the meander anyway. Thanks again!

14. geetey

geetey <font color=deeppink>Queen of the Smilies<br><font

Congrats, TEAM Canada!! I must have been just behind you, but not close enough. That Contemporary Hill was TOUGH! :earseek:

Thanks again for the purple glow in the dark necklace! I think DSis is a little more open to meeting DISers now! ::yes::

15. RoyalCanadian

RoyalCanadian A Proud DVC Member @ SSR

I saw lots of Donald and Mickey medals on Sunday evening as marathoners and half-marathoners joined in breaking their training regimens at Beaches & Cream and Pleasure Island.

Congrats to all the Canucks who managed to do this -- the thought of being on a bus at 3:30am for a 6:00am event is painful just to think of.

16. maryliz

maryliz <font color=990099>The Whoosh Fairy RULEs, the Blo

Thanks everyone! Just got home late last night from WDW. It was a totally amazing experience! I have to keep telling myself that I do NOT have the time to train to get the Mickey Medal ;) Maybe in a few years ... or NOT ! My DH said that there were quite a few participants that actually stopped their race to take pics of our cheering section with all of their Cdn flags. I thought that ParkerPooh's DH was doing the marathon too.

If you've ever considered doing it, I definitely say "go for it". There's nothing like it!

Mary-Liz

17. NancyK

NancyK DIS Veteran

Thanks for the congratulations. We had a great time. It was so much fun meeting fellow DISers.

18. Parkerpooh

Parkerpooh Mouseketeer

Well we're back and glad to see that you guys made it through and got your Donald medals!!! Sorry, we didn't end up going to the Trail's End as we had gone to Chef Mickey's the night before and ds was rotten! He apparently thinks you should stand in the highchairs while throwing your food on the floor!!! :rolleyes: We didn't think we should subject anyone else to our monster-child,LOL!! Anyways, dh finished the full and got his mickey medal although his time was 3:48 which he was disappointed in. He said running in -29 weather was alot different than WDW,LOL!! He also barfed his guts up in the POP parking lot,YUCK!! TTFN, Jen

19. maryliz

maryliz <font color=990099>The Whoosh Fairy RULEs, the Blo

Congrats to your DH, Jen ! I have great admiration and respect for those who even attempted the full, let alone finished it, in an amazing time to boot! We were quite the site getting on the bus dressed all warm. Got to Epcot and ditched everything but the sweatshirts and the blankets to sit on. Definitely didn't need the mittens :) By 8:30, it was way too hot. My favourite training weather was about +5 degrees celcius. But I won't complain about the heat because we had the perfect vacation weather!

Mary-Liz

20. Parkerpooh

Parkerpooh Mouseketeer

Thanks! I want our balmy Florida weather back! It's -34 with wind chill here tonight,BRRRRRR!!! We're thinking of doing the marathon weekend again next year but will wait a while before booking to see how the cash thing is!!! TTFN, Jen