09/13/09 SSMC09 S.S. Member Cruise 2009 - Part 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in "stack" overload and unable on Facebook. I guess I should've completed my information on the DIS! So if you responded, except Mary (WDWLVR). Unfortunately I can't read your comments. I guess I posted too much! Wait til I tell my son I've been blocked from Facebook. :happytv:

Mary - Hope all went well today. I quickly browsed the posts so I am not sure if I overlooked a post from you. Only one treatment to go!!!! :cool1:

Chris - I recall reading that your DH was packed and ready to go. Good for him! :thumbsup2 I was wondering....how are the girls handling your upcoming trip? At their age I am sure they are excited about having some time without the parents. Gives them a little bit of independence. I was thinking it would be nice to plan an adult trip. I did my first 'mom only' trip last September over the first weekend of the Food & Wine. That was a lot of fun. Very relaxing. Maybe a nice relaxing cruise one day might just be what I need. Ahhhhh. Maybe when the new ship comes out in 2011. I WILL be done my masters by then. At least I better be. If I am not done by that time then I will never get it.

Monika (& Flo) Thanks for the shipping details. That is very helpful in the event I decide to ship my things. I can not believe we are up to 37 cabins. Wow. We may need to bring 2 extra suitcases for the trip home.

We are just so excited and really looking forward to meeting everyone.

And, I have to confess. I did not do any work for my research paper this week. :sad2: I was just too busy with work .... and trying to keep up with all the posts out here that I just did not do it. :sad1: Maybe a little too burned out after last week. I will be paying the price over the next two weeks.

Have a good night and a GREAT Wednesday!! Stay cool and dry!!

Lisa

Good morning everyone - happy Wednesday!

My wife and I will be celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary and staying at BLT with a MK view on Thurs and Fri night. We went to the open mouse a couple weeks ago and were very impressed with the resort. We are looking forward to trying out the accomodations and watching the MK fireworks from the roof.

Sounds like a great way to celebrate! Congrats on 5 years of marriage.

I'm in "stack" overload and unable on Facebook. I guess I should've completed my information on the DIS! So if you responded, except Mary (WDWLVR). Unfortunately I can't read your comments. I guess I posted too much! Wait til I tell my son I've been blocked from Facebook. :happytv:

Very strange. :confused3 I know many of us post way more than you. Must be some settings on your computer. I don't think Facebook blocked you.

Mary - Hope all went well today. I quickly browsed the posts so I am not sure if I overlooked a post from you. Only one treatment to go!!!! :cool1:

Lisa

Thanks for asking Lisa. Yep I'm on round #11 with one more to go. Yesterday wasn't too bad but I was pretty beat. Unfortunately last night wasn't good at all. I was up most of the night and even got sick about 3 am. First time I've really gotten sick from the treatment. I do have pills I can take and will pack them to take to work to use if I feel like I'm getting stick again.

Now I know we are all very excited for this upcoming cruise but......

Does anyone have any thoughts on the dates for the 2010 Member Cruise?

I was looking at the 2010 dates listed for the 4 night cruises in September and October and I do not see any open dates where the SSMC10 would fit in.

I then looked at the 7 nights and (if I figured it out correctly) the Magic will not return until Oct 1 from the European tour. After that the next 7 night cruise is 10/16?

Not sure if they would need that time to maintenance the ship or if maybe just maybe there would be a 7 night for DVC. :worship:

Since this is my first cruise EVER I am not sure how the schedule usually works. I'm pretty sure that the Member Cruises have always been in Sept/Oct time frame.

Any thoughts, speculations??? Figured I would get some ideas flowing here.

10/1 - 10/16 sounds more like dry dock for the Magic. The last time they had dry dock was after they came back from the West Coast last year.

The very first Member Cruise was in February back in 2003. Since then it has been in the September/October time frame.

Chris - I recall reading that your DH was packed and ready to go. Good for him! :thumbsup2 I was wondering....how are the girls handling your upcoming trip? At their age I am sure they are excited about having some time without the parents. Gives them a little bit of independence. I was thinking it would be nice to plan an adult trip. I did my first 'mom only' trip last September over the first weekend of the Food & Wine. That was a lot of fun. Very relaxing. Maybe a nice relaxing cruise one day might just be what I need. Ahhhhh. Maybe when the new ship comes out in 2011. I WILL be done my masters by then. At least I better be. If I am not done by that time then I will never get it.

Lisa

Lisa - Well, the girls are handling it ok. I guess. They are bummed that they are not going, but with this time of year and all they have going on in school, it is just not possible to take them out this time. And they understand that. I'm still debating on what to do with/for them while we are gone. My parents live right in front of us so they will be around to watch them. I was thinking of having my niece, who will be 18 on Sept 4th come over and stay with them too. Only thing is she has a boyfriend and they are together all the time and I don't want him over here all the time or, :scared1: spending the night! Then I have my sister. She will do anything to not be at her house with her husband. He is a, not sure what you call him, but a real downer. So, I'm not quite sure what I'm doing yet.

My hardest problem is that I will be out of contact with them while on the cruise. So I hope I don't worry to bad about them. But I will. It's a me thing.

clipbirthday2.gif

Happy Birthday

Dustin (DS of susieq55)

and

Merry mouseketeer

Mary,

Sending some pixiedust:pixiedust: and prayers that today goes better then last night for you.

take care
flo
:surfweb:

Lisa - Well, the girls are handling it ok. I guess. They are bummed that they are not going, but with this time of year and all they have going on in school, it is just not possible to take them out this time. And they understand that. I'm still debating on what to do with/for them while we are gone. My parents live right in front of us so they will be around to watch them. I was thinking of having my niece, who will be 18 on Sept 4th come over and stay with them too. Only thing is she has a boyfriend and they are together all the time and I don't want him over here all the time or, :scared1: spending the night! Then I have my sister. She will do anything to not be at her house with her husband. He is a, not sure what you call him, but a real downer. So, I'm not quite sure what I'm doing yet.

My hardest problem is that I will be out of contact with them while on the cruise. So I hope I don't worry to bad about them. But I will. It's a me thing.

Chris,

It is a mom thing!:) I would be the same.

I am going to get the internet package so that I can keep in contact with my house. This way I can be in contact with my DS. I know he is older but this is the first time we are leaving him home. When we go on vacation he is usualy with us. I don't see him having any partys (I hope).

take care
flo

Today is the last day to par take in the fish extender exchange. If you do not see you name below pleae PM me today with the info.

wdwlvr
wltdsnyfan
donald is #1
bsusanmb
****ravross
rbcheek
***cquick
cathyn
Time4DisneyNow
Boosgram
**kellyjeanDVC - Plus DS13, DD11
djstweety
BCVOwner2002
ehagerty
NYJets20032
**Miker1251 – Plus DGrand sons 10 and 5
Miker1251 (Step-daughter(Shiloh) and Husband (Patrick))
***Seaulater
2princess2pirates – Plus DS6, DD5
BigDogHu – Plus DS2
**FaithTrustNPixiedust - Plus DS10, DD5
***MegaMouseHouse
Ju Ju Bean – Plus DD9, DS6
Smillingjack
***Merry Mousketeer
***Susieq55 - DS13
Kplumb
Alex’s Mom
Pinocchio
**Dejnosluvmickey - Plus DD14; DS13: DD10
**Dejnosluvmickey – Plus DD7; DS5; DD2
RC4 - DD8; DS2; DS1
Clungstrum – Plus DS2; DD1
Clunstrum – (DMom(Diana) Dbrother(Chris)
Yensidfan
*SuziQZee - Plus DD14. DD9
*SuziQZee – Plus DS11​

Hi Mike!

Thanks for the information.

I was on both the DCL site and the DIS site checking out dates and they both show a 9/12/10. I am not sure where you are seeing the missing 9/12 date.

Maybe the DCL site is not consistent in their information. I am in the cruises-destinations/bahamas/itineraries/4-night-bahamian-cruise. On that page I am looking at the Sail Dates tab.

But the 9/12 date would make sense as it corresponds to this years time frame.

Regards,
Lisa

I used both Book/Find a Cruise and the Cruise Search on the main page and neither show a 9/12/2010 sail date for the Wonder.

Happy Birthday Dustin!
:bday::cake::bday::cake::bday:
Happy Birthday Michael!

Chris,

It is a mom thing!:) I would be the same.

I am going to get the internet package so that I can keep in contact with my house. This way I can be in contact with my DS. I know he is older but this is the first time we are leaving him home. When we go on vacation he is usualy with us. I don't see him having any partys (I hope).

take care
flo

Yeah, I don't think my girls will have any party's either. Now my niece and nephew, that is a different story! :rotfl2: They are twins and double trouble! :laughing: No, not really. They are good kids!

Mary,After all these DVC cruises which one would you say was the most rememberable.I know all of them would have something special or not so special.I was only on the legends cruise and I thought that was very special seeing all of the people who made Disney what it is.

I felt some disappointment when you said 2009 could be your last.What has DVC done to disappoint you with the Cruise.You could post or PM me so I would have some insight on what to do about the 2010 cruise.I also would like to o the 5 day cruise in 2010.

Billy

Mary,After all these DVC cruises which one would you say was the most rememberable.I know all of them would have something special or not so special.I was only on the legends cruise and I thought that was very special seeing all of the people who made Disney what it is.

I felt some disappointment when you said 2009 could be your last.What has DVC done to disappoint you with the Cruise.You could post or PM me so I would have some insight on what to do about the 2010 cruise.I also would like to o the 5 day cruise in 2010.

Billy

Billy,

My two favorites were 2005 and 2007. I thought 2005 was the best organized and had the best communication. 2007 by far has the best theme and best guests. The absolute best cruise moment...Richard Sherman's show. I have such love and respect for that man and that night brought back my childhood.

As for this year - communication has been non-existant. They have updated the web page exactly once telling us they couldn't tell us anything that it was top secret. Well I look at this a bit like I look at movie reviewers who say the studio didn't sent out any advance clip to review. Makes you wonder how good it is. Plus if you go to the web page there is a tab for the cruise theme and it is still showing 2008. If you aren't going to tell us the theme then just take it down.

As for 2009 what will keep us away is if it is another 4 day. Been there done that too many times. If they do a 7 day we will most likely leap at it. Also we'll see how they do once we are on the ship. My big fear is that with D23 days before the cruise all the big Disney things will be happening there and not on the cruise.

I hope I'm wrong but I really think DVC Marketing has been hit by cut-backs and this just isn't a priority any more.

As for the other Member Cruises:

2003 was a blast because it was the first one. Only down side - no day at sea which I love.

2006 was in my opinion the worst. Bad communication, DVC staff didn't want to interact, Jim Lewis outright lied when he said the 2007 cruise hadn't been decided on even though the dates had already been leaked on the internet. Then a month later we find out the date are there, there is a 2007 cruise but sorry all you former cruisers we're giving first timers a shot and you can have what's left over. This back fired on them as many first timers who "won" the lottery opted not to book and other first timers who were told they didn't win the lottery and could try with the rest of us were so pissed (and had already made other plans) that when they got the call they too said no.

2008 was good but not great. Liked some of the guests but didn't really like the others. The highlight for me was the last evening show where they had the 3 leading ladies of Broadway sing for us.

So there you have it. Probably more than you wanted to know. :lmao:

Thank You mary for your opinion on whats happening with DVC and your report on the past DVC cruises.
I hope to hear your trip report after this upcoming trip and what's happening in the future.
Have you heard anything about 2011 dates with the new boat?
What are your dates for 2010? I want to do the 5 day and my daughters 21st birthday falls on the August 8th DD castaway cay trip.

Billy

Thank You mary for your opinion on whats happening with DVC and your report on the past DVC cruises.
I hope to hear your trip report after this upcoming trip and what's happening in the future.
Have you heard anything about 2011 dates with the new boat?
What are your dates for 2010? I want to do the 5 day and my daughters 21st birthday falls on the August 8th DD castaway cay trip.

Billy

We're doing the July 11th 5 night. A friend's daughter is getting married on CC on the first CC day.

Where is everyone? :confused3 Did I scare you all away? I hope not.

Honestly you will have a blast on the cruise. After all if nothing else you are spending 2 days at Castaway Cat, will get some nice gifts, some good entertainment, and a chance to add on with some great incentives.

If it makes you feel any better the odd year cruises are the ones I've liked best. Think of it like the Star Trek movies (in that case the even ones were the best but you get the idea). :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter