09/13/09 SSMC09 S.S. Member Cruise 2009 - Part 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, we won't be renting a car this trip.

Annmarie

We are not renting one either. It would have been nice to go to the outlet. Oh Well.

Night all I am going to bed,,,its been a long day. Got a new computer at work, and guess what nothing works right. I can't get on the internet, can't print, some of my programs are missing and they have been working on it for over a month:confused3:confused3

Night:cloud9:

Hope they get your computer fixed soon.:wizard:

Annmarie, there is a Crocs store in the Orlando Airport in the Main Terminal. It is along the food court area. If you have time you could always stop in and see what they have available. I liked browsing in there because they had a number of styles I had never seen before. Most stores where I have shopped only carry a small selection of styles. I never realized there was such a variety.

Regards, Lisa

Thanks for the info on the store. We are going to be at the airport on the way home for about 5 hours so I am sure I can spend some time in there.

Thanks for the congrats on the :bride: everyone.

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday.:)

take care
flo
:surfweb:

Hello my fellow SSM09 Cruisers!

Below is the list of people that are participating in the Fish Extender exchange so far.

Also, everyone has two in the room except were I have it listed.

If you need the information on what the Fish Extender is all about or would like to know who to notify if you would like to par take, please see the first post on the first page of this thread.

The ones that have ** in front of them have one adult in the room. The ones that have *** have 3 adults in the room and the ones that have **** have 4 adults in a room.

So far there are 37 cabins.
Please keep in mind the cut off to participate in the Fish Extender exchange is August 12, 2009. This way it gives everyone time to get there items.
If any one would like a list with room numbers and such before the SSM09 send me an e mail (girlwolf@excite.com) or PM me your e mail address and after the cut off I will send you the spreadsheet.

wdwlvr
wltdsnyfan
donald is #1
bsusanmb
****ravross
rbcheek
***cquick
cathyn
Time4DisneyNow
Boosgram
**kellyjeanDVC - Plus DS13, DD11
djstweety
BCVOwner2002
ehagerty
NYJets20032
**Miker1251 – Plus DGrand sons 10 and 5
Miker1251 (Step-daughter(Shiloh) and Husband (Patrick))
***Seaulater
2princess2pirates – Plus DS6, DD5
BigDogHu – Plus DS2
**FaithTrustNPixiedust - Plus DS10, DD5
***MegaMouseHouse
Ju Ju Bean – Plus DD9, DS6
Smillingjack
***Merry Mousketeer
***Susieq55 - DS13
Kplumb
Alex’s Mom
Pinocchio
**Dejnosluvmickey - Plus DD14; DS13: DD10
**Dejnosluvmickey – Plus DD7; DS5; DD2
RC4 - DD8; DS2; DS1
Clungstrum – Plus DS2; DD1
Clunstrum – (DMom(Diana) Dbrother(Chris)
Yensidfan
**SuziQZee - Plus DD14. DD9
**SuziQZee – Plus DS11

Good morning everyone - happy Tuesday! My you were all busy chatting last night. I went to the oncologist last night and got the all clear to have chemo today. I go in a little later this morning than I normally do. I also have my last one scheduled for August 24th. So hopefully I will be fully finished with chemo in time for the cruise and with a few weeks to get my taste buds back.

Well, I have the suitcase beside me, the computer in front of me so, I can pack and log which suitcase I placed it it.

Maybe then I keep track of where my stuff is:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Well there isn't room in the computer room to keep my suitcase but my packing list does show which suitcase it goes in which makes packing much easier. We do a garment bag, a medium size rolling bag for the cruise and a medium size rolling bag for the road and WDW (this one stays in the car).

Hmmmm! As anyone else noticed how quiet DVC is about SSMC09? DH just asked me if I know who will be onboard with us (all of you are not included):rotfl2: and I said I haven't heard anything yet.

I'm a little disappointed by this as well. My one big gripe is if you aren't going to tell us the theme then take that page off the website. You click on it and it goes to 2008. I think DVC Marketing has been hit by cut backs.

Hi all,

We are going cruising with all of you. We got the call from member services late last week and were informed that our waitlist came through. We have already joined the Fish Extender list and I think the Member Gallery too.

Can't wait to see eveyone.

Faith

Welcome aboard. I did get your info for the gallery and will be updating that this morning.

Sounds like me! DH has all of his stuff ready to go. I still have to go shopping for a few things to wear for this trip. I'm still not sure what I can wear on my feet since they swell a lot and can't wear tongs that go between the big toe and next one. I guess I'll try crocs. Are these good enough in the restaurants? I don't want to go to dinner in my sneakers!

I've worn my Crocs Niles to dinner on a number of cruises. Sadly they stopped making that brand. I got new Crocs sandals for this cruise. You might want to try some of the sport stores (like Dicks or Sports Authority if you have them by you). They have had some of the Crocs styles you could try on.

I'm really hoping they tell us a little more. We are wanting to be better prepared with what to pack. A friend of mine thinks they may show us some of the same stuff from the D23 Expo. Anyone planning on going to that and then rushing to the cruise?

They might have some of the same things. :confused3 I would love to have gone to D23 but just too close to the cruise and we're driving to the cruise.

I am still hoping for Julie Andrews on board:banana::banana::banana:

That would be awesome but I don't see it happening. We'll just have to wait and see how top secret all these things they have planned really are.

We're hoping that they will start booking the 2011 Panama Canal cruises during the SSMC09. It sounds like it would be a lot of fun.

2011 bookings aren't open yet. You can however book a dummy date while on board and then move it. We did this last year. We booked 12/5/09 hoping we would like where they were going in 2010. The Baltics hold no interest to us but then we found out a friends daughter is getting married on one of the 5 night cruises on the Wonder so we transferred out reservation to that.

Oops! missed again! better luck next time! Let's keep talking - maybe it will be tomorrow at this rate!

Congrats Flo on the :bride:
and
Annmarie on the pirate:

Congrats from me as well.

Night all I am going to bed,,,its been a long day. Got a new computer at work, and guess what nothing works right. I can't get on the internet, can't print, some of my programs are missing and they have been working on it for over a month:confused3:confused3

Night:cloud9:

Been there, done that. Not fun! Here's hoping it all gets straightened out soon.

Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah Tip Of The Day

Sure Castaway Cay is all about fun in the sun, but what if you want to get out of the sun for a little while?

Here's the tip. Head on over to Castaway Jo's (also known as the Grouper Pavilion). It is a covered game room full of family fun. Shuffleboard, foosball, billiards and ping-pong are all available. There is also a giant checkerboard.

This area at the far end of the family beach is often overlooked so is usually uncrowded. A nice way to get the family out of the sun for a little while.

Good Morning to all

Hello my fellow SSM09 Cruisers!

Below is the list of people that are participating in the Fish Extender exchange so far.

Also, everyone has two in the room except were I have it listed.

If you need the information on what the Fish Extender is all about or would like to know who to notify if you would like to par take, please see the first post on the first page of this thread.

The ones that have ** in front of them have one adult in the room. The ones that have *** have 3 adults in the room and the ones that have **** have 4 adults in a room.

So far there are 37 cabins.
Please keep in mind the cut off to participate in the Fish Extender exchange is August 12, 2009. This way it gives everyone time to get there items.
If any one would like a list with room numbers and such before the SSM09 send me an e mail (girlwolf@excite.com) or PM me your e mail address and after the cut off I will send you the spreadsheet.

wdwlvr
wltdsnyfan
donald is #1
bsusanmb
****ravross
rbcheek
***cquick
cathyn
Time4DisneyNow
Boosgram
**kellyjeanDVC - Plus DS13, DD11
djstweety
BCVOwner2002
ehagerty
NYJets20032
**Miker1251 – Plus DGrand sons 10 and 5
Miker1251 (Step-daughter(Shiloh) and Husband (Patrick))
***Seaulater
2princess2pirates – Plus DS6, DD5
BigDogHu – Plus DS2
**FaithTrustNPixiedust - Plus DS10, DD5
***MegaMouseHouse
Ju Ju Bean – Plus DD9, DS6
Smillingjack
***Merry Mousketeer
***Susieq55 - DS13
Kplumb
Alex’s Mom
Pinocchio
**Dejnosluvmickey - Plus DD14; DS13: DD10
**Dejnosluvmickey – Plus DD7; DS5; DD2
RC4 - DD8; DS2; DS1
Clungstrum – Plus DS2; DD1
Clunstrum – (DMom(Diana) Dbrother(Chris)
Yensidfan
**SuziQZee - Plus DD14. DD9
**SuziQZee – Plus DS11

Wow, do you think we will hit 40!

Sure Castaway Cay is all about fun in the sun, but what if you want to get out of the sun for a little while?

Here's the tip. Head on over to Castaway Jo's (also known as the Grouper Pavilion). It is a covered game room full of family fun. Shuffleboard, foosball, billiards and ping-pong are all available. There is also a giant checkerboard.

This area at the far end of the family beach is often overlooked so is usually uncrowded. A nice way to get the family out of the sun for a little while.

:idea:Now thats a great tip! Thanks

Good Tuesday Morning! Nice and sunny here.

Everyone was chatty last night. Don't know what I was doing but I was not on here!

Congrats AnneMarie & Flo on the :bride: and pirate:.

Love Crocs. I have a pair and used to wear them all the time. They are looking pretty worn now so I wear them just around the house and to garden in. Need to get a new pair.

DH is pretty much packed and ready to go. He would leave today if he could. :rotfl:

Have a great day! :flower3:

Good morning everyone - happy Tuesday! My you were all busy chatting last night. I went to the oncologist last night and got the all clear to have chemo today. I go in a little later this morning than I normally do. I also have my last one scheduled for August 24th. So hopefully I will be fully finished with chemo in time for the cruise and with a few weeks to get my taste buds back.

Glad you got the all clear for today!:thumbsup2 :wizard::wizard:so that you stay on schedule and prayers to.

Well there isn't room in the computer room to keep my suitcase but my packing list does show which suitcase it goes in which makes packing much easier. We do a garment bag, a medium size rolling bag for the cruise and a medium size rolling bag for the road and WDW (this one stays in the car).

You and Dianne are good knowing what suitcae things are in.

I'm a little disappointed by this as well. My one big gripe is if you aren't going to tell us the theme then take that page off the website. You click on it and it goes to 2008. I think DVC Marketing has been hit by cut backs.

I agree it would be good if they took 2008 off.

I've worn my Crocs Niles to dinner on a number of cruises. Sadly they stopped making that brand. I got new Crocs sandals for this cruise. You might want to try some of the sport stores (like Dicks or Sports Authority if you have them by you). They have had some of the Crocs styles you could try on.

Cabelas has them to. THat is were I first saw them and decided I wanted a pair. Now I am hoocked on them. I did not think about the other 2. Next time we are there I haveto look.

Congrats from me as well.

Thanks

Take care
flo
:surfweb:

I have to look into that this year. I have heard so much about it but we have never looked in there. Thanks for posting the Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah Tip Of The Day. They are very informative. I copied the one for the luggage tags I just have to find it. I really think that is such a great idea.

Member Gallery Update!

We have two more additions to the gallery. Please welcome:

Susie (SuziQZee), her DH Jim, DD Katie (DisneyDancer95), DS Nick, and DD Elizabeth.

Faith (Yensidefan) and her DH Pete

The Excel sheet has also been updated.

Last reminder - cut off for the buttons is end of day tomorrow 8/12. Any requests after that will not be able to be honored.

PDFG and all our friends who need it.

ES (Elizabeth Swan)Update!!! Parley!!!:bride:

BigDogHU75 got the 3499th post and therefore earns two more ESes!!!:thumbsup2:banana:
wltdsnyfan got the 3599th post and therefore earns another ES!!!:thumbsup2

Every 99th post = 1 ES
Every 499th post = 2 ESes
Every 999th post = 3 ESes

The current score is:

wltdsnyfan - 16 ESes (299,799,999,1099,2999,P2 199,P2 399,P2 999,
P2 1699,P2 2199,P2 3599)
BigDogHU75 - 13 ESes (1199,2499,2599,P2 1299t,P2 1399,P2 1499,
P2 2299,P2 2499,P2 3499)

dvc4life - 9 ESes (1299,2899,3099,3599,P2 699,P2 899,P2 1099,P2 1599,P2 2899)
KellyJeanDVC - 8 ESes (2299,2399,2699,2799,3199,3299,P2 99,P2 299)
manascarfan - 8 ESes (1499,1599,1699,2099,2199,3399,P2 3299)
susieq55 - 7 ESes (P2 2399,P2 2599,P2 2699,P2 2999,P2 3099)
WDWLVR - 5 ESes (399,1999,P2 3399)
Donald is #1 - 4 ESes (99,1399,3700,P2 3199)
Beastly - 3 ESes (1899,P2 599, P2 799)
2princess 2pirates - 3 ESes (P2 1999)
djstweety - 3 ESes (3499,P2 2799)
mnra - 2 Eses (499)
BCVOwner2002 - 2 ESes (699,899)
FaithTrustnPixieDust - 2 ESes (P2 499)
bsusanmb - 2 ESes (P2 1799,P2 2099)
ohiominnie - 1 ES (199)
Time4disneynow - 1 ES (599)
rbcheek - 1 ES (1799)
OKWMEMBER - 1 ES (P2 1199)
MEAGON2222 - 1 ES (P2 1899)

The next milestone is at the 3699th post and is worth 1 (One,Uno) ES!!!:sail:

Pirate Update!!! Aaaarggghhh!!!pirate:

dvc4life got the 3500th post and therefore earns two more Pirates!!!:thumbsup2:banana:
BCVOwner2002 got the 3600th post and therefore earns another Pirate!!!:thumbsup2

Every 100th post = 1 Pirate
Every 500th post = 2 Pirates
Every 1000th post = 3 Pirates

The current score is:

wltdsnyfan - 23 Pirates (100,900,1400,2000,2300,2700,2900,3200.
3400.3500,3700,P2 100,P2 200,P2 400,P2 1000,P2 1100,P2 1500,P2 2900)
BigDogHU75 - 12 Pirates (500,800,1000,P2 1400,P2 1600,P2 1900,P2 3000)
WDWLVR - 8 Pirates (400,1500,3000,P2 500)
dvc4life - 8 Pirates (1300,2400,3100,3600,P2 900,P2 2700,P2 3500)
manascarfan - 6 Pirates (1600,1700,2500,P2 2400,P2 3400)
Beastly - 5 Pirates (1900,2200,P2 600,P2 2500)
bsusanmb - 5 Pirates (P2 1800,P2 2000,P2 2600)
Time4disneynow - 4 Pirates (600,700,1800,P2 800)
susieq55 - 4 Pirates (P2 2100,P2 2800,P2 3100,P2 3200)
BCVOwner2002 - 3 Pirates (300,2800,P2 3600)
KellyJeanDVC - 2 Pirates (2600,3300)
djstweety - 2 Pirates (P2 300,P2 700)
mnra - 2 Pirates (P2 1300,P2 3300)
iluvdisney - 1 Pirate (200)
been2marceline - 1 Pirate (1100)
ohiominnie - 1 Pirate (1200)
njprincess - 1 Pirate (2100)
OKWMEMBER - 1 Pirate (P2 1200)
rbcheek - 1 Pirate (P2 1700)
ravross - 1 Pirate (P2 2200)
FaithTrustnPixieDust - 1 Pirate (P2 2300)

The next milestone is at the 3700th post and is worth 1 (One,Uno) Pirate!!!:sail:

Hmmmm! As anyone else noticed how quiet DVC is about SSMC09? DH just asked me if I know who will be onboard with us (all of you are not included):rotfl2: and I said I haven't heard anything yet.

YEAH!!!!!
I remember the last members cruise we went on, there were special days, and we had special outfits for each one, and a theme!
What's going on? princess:

Member Gallery Update!

We have two more additions to the gallery. Please welcome:

Susie (SuziQZee), her DH Jim, DD Katie (DisneyDancer95), DS Nick, and DD Elizabeth.

Faith (Yensidefan) and her DH Pete

The Excel sheet has also been updated.

Last reminder - cut off for the buttons is end of day tomorrow 8/12. Any requests after that will not be able to be honored.

PDFG and all our friends who need it.

Thanks Mary!:)

great tip Mary!
Thanks

My goodness this is a talkative bunch! I will be away for a few days, visiting friends and family north of Toronto, until Friday..I don't think I will be able to read up everyone's posts!!

Welcome Faith and Susie !

I am curious to know the theme too for the cruise..Did anyone call DVC? There was no theme that I recall when we went last time (2003) so I don't know when they usually announce it.
It sounds to me like they are not going to say much, here is the text from the site :

"Welcome back to the S.S. Member Cruise Web site. You may be here to unlock a few secrets about the special entertainment in the works for this year's voyage. But here's the thing. We can't tell you. Why? Because we're taking our shows a step further this year and working with our friends at the Walt Disney Animation Studios to show you things you've never seen before. Things nobody has seen before. Things that could get us fired if we blabbed about them online.

They're good things, and they'll come to those who wait.

All of us at Disney Vacation Club are looking forward to sailing with you again on the waves of Disney Inspirations. See you onboard"

Have a great week everyone! :cheer2:

Now I know we are all very excited for this upcoming cruise but......

Does anyone have any thoughts on the dates for the 2010 Member Cruise?

I was looking at the 2010 dates listed for the 4 night cruises in September and October and I do not see any open dates where the SSMC10 would fit in.

I then looked at the 7 nights and (if I figured it out correctly) the Magic will not return until Oct 1 from the European tour. After that the next 7 night cruise is 10/16?

Not sure if they would need that time to maintenance the ship or if maybe just maybe there would be a 7 night for DVC. :worship:

Since this is my first cruise EVER I am not sure how the schedule usually works. I'm pretty sure that the Member Cruises have always been in Sept/Oct time frame.

Any thoughts, speculations??? Figured I would get some ideas flowing here.

Now I know we are all very excited for this upcoming cruise but......
Does anyone have any thoughts on the dates for the 2010 Member Cruise?
I was looking at the 2010 dates listed for the 4 night cruises in September and October and I do not see any open dates where the SSMC10 would fit in.I then looked at the 7 nights and (if I figured it out correctly) the Magic will not return until Oct 1 from the European tour. After that the next 7 night cruise is 10/16? Not sure if they would need that time to maintenance the ship or if maybe just maybe there would be a 7 night for DVC. :worship:
Since this is my first cruise EVER I am not sure how the schedule usually works. I'm pretty sure that the Member Cruises have always been in Sept/Oct time frame.Any thoughts, speculations??? Figured I would get some ideas flowing here.

I expect they will give us some idea while we are on the cruise! Also you can sure ask! :dance3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter