04/27/11 DCL's WONDERful LA-VANCOUVER REPO ON THE WAY TO ALAKSA

Erik, the WofC dinner package is also availble with dining at Arial's which has a pretty tasty tri-tip...at least that's what my friend tells me and she's done it (WofC dinner package) several times.

For DTD, the Jazz Kitchen http://www.rbjazzkitchen.com/ and Catal are both good. :thumbsup2

And one of the best kept secrets (hardly a secret with the DISboards, eh?) is the 'counter service' White Water Snacks at the Grand Californian.

Isn't Ariel's a seafood oriented restaurant? We don't eat seafood....those people on this thread who know/remember us will probably remember I have a number of food rules:

1.) I don't eat anything that won't drown (meaning if it can breathe under water...it doesn't go in my mouth! :lmao:)
2.) I don't eat any meat that I have seen still attached to its bone(s).
3.) I have a paranoia against undercooked red meat (meaning it must always be VERY well done...no pink at all)....so I usually avoid steaks and things like that just because most places have a tendency to undercook their meat a little.

.....so that basically means I eat a LOT of boneless chicken breast and turkey meat...and some pork dishes like boneless pork chops, sausage, etc.

Ariel's would be an option for us, too, if we could be assured there were options that were not too fishy.

Here's some info:

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneys-california-adventure/world-of-color/dining/ For the dining packages

And for Ariel's World of Color dining package menu:
http://allears.net/dlr/din/menu/men_agw.htm
And if the DIS filters this out this site (never can remember who is a no-no anymore) they have a herb crusted chicken breast, a spinich and Ricotta veggie dish and a pasta with Italian sausage.

Now, I've done my good deed for the day and going out to lunch...looking a menus made me hungry!

We were a little underwhelmed at Trattoria, too - but I would eat there to get a seat at WOC :goodvibes

Good Afternoon everyone --

Just wanted to take a moment and introduce / re-introduce ourselves. There are many familiar names on these threads. We are Kevin and Randall and we are going to be on the LA to Vancouver cruise, back to back with the first Alaskan Cruise. I am posting this same message on both Cruise Meets threads.

We have been on 10+ Disney cruises, including two trips through the Panama Canal. We have sailed on the Wonder only one time so we are looking forward to this and meeting the wonderful crew.

We took a NCL cruise to Alaska in 1999. This time the excursions for us are more about taking in the 'grandeur' of Alaska. No more biking down the side of a mountain for me.

The next few weeks are going to be fun as we finalize our plans.

Best regards,

Randall

:rainbow:

Is there going to be Priates night since we're not cruising the Caribbean?

I talked with Guy at DCL Reservations today. There will be a "Pirates" themed deck party. But they will not offer fireworks at any point during their Alaska sailings.

Also, they have stopped providing the Reservation team with the entertainment schedule so he cannot tell us what nights which shows will be presented. :sad1:

Randall

I was talking to a fellow cruiser tonight and she told me her TA advised that even if you booked DCL transfers, it was their understanding that you could cancel up to 3 days before the cruise. She asked me to pass on the informaton just in case anyone who had booked DCL transfers wants to cancel and take the Dis organized shuttle to the port.

Welcome aboard Kevin & Randall...are you planning to visit DL before the cruise????

Hi everyone - I wish to welcome you to my city - "the City by the Bay" - I just wanted to pop in and offer any help on San Francisco. I was actually impressed by most of the port adventures they were offering. I don't get on here much but just wanted to offer any help as so many DISers have been helpful to me in the past.

A few things to note:
  • The California Street Cable Car is not running (the other 2 lines are running Powell/Mason & Powell/Hyde) - this is the line I would have suggested as it usually has more locals than tourist so there are no wait times

• Wear layers, always have a wind breaker and don't plan on wearing shorts (there are about 10 days a year where I think about wearing them). You can be on 1 side of the street in the sun and will get warm, but you cross the street you freeze.
  • If you are looking for the cheap way around the city - MUNI (public transportation) offers visitor passes - vs. $2 for the bus (with a transfer good for 2 hours) and $5 for the cable car
  • AT&T Park Home of the SF Giants (World Series Champions) offer Ballpark tours
  • The view of the city from Treasure Island is beautiful both during the day and even at night (assuming the fog is not in)
  • Also another popular view is from the Marin Headlands (other side of the Golden Gate Bridge)
  • Personally, stay away from Fisherman's Wharf unless you want to grab an In & Out Burger

If I can be of any help please PM me and be patient as I only get on here about 1x a week.

Also, just a shout out to Erik & Jason - my tablemates on my last cruise!

I can't wait to see the Wonder docked at the port when I look out of my office window!

Welcome aboard Kevin & Randall!

Hooray-----hi Johanna (Renegade)!! How nice to see you here on our thread. We so wish you were on this cruise with us, too....but we're at least excited to see you at all that week!

Hi Everyone

This is the list for free custom lanyards and name badges for everyone
in your cruise group. Please take a close look at your listing and PM
me if I've made a spelling error, left someone off, wrong cruise, or if you are no longer
going on one of these cruises. Please PM me if you would rather have a different
version of your name on the badge (nickname, etc.).

PLEASE REVIEW YOUR LISTING AND PM ME IF IT IS CORRECT!
A * before your listing means your have verified the names and you are good to go - you do not have to respond.

It's very important that I hear from people on the "not confirmed" list.
I don't want to leave anyone out and I want to make sure that the names are correct!
So if you are on the "not confirmed" part of the list, please let me know if the listing is correct.

Thanks for your help with the list!

Name badges and lanyards provided by these nice people:

* aphoenix/AVP - B2B - Tony, Adrienne
* BobandLee - B2B - Bob, Leora
* bonzie1 - B2B - Georgie, Joe
* DisneyPinDiva - B2B - Leslie, Joe
* EllaEnchanted/1Grumpy John - B2B - Deb, John
* first timers - B2B - Alex, Carolyn
* grumpy-gramps - B2B - John, Barb
* gydell - B2B - Gydell, Bill, Betsy, Brent
* Hygiene99 - ALASKA - Peter, Jenn
* kpros/spros - B2B - Ken, Shari
* Mickey&JoshNut - B2B - Elaine, Margaret
* Scott H/Lynn G - B2B - Scott, Lynn
* tig82174 - B2B - Erik, Jason
* wrabitdad - B2B - Bob, Dale, Gordy
* Regina and Gary - ALASKA

Lanyard and Name Badge List for the West Coast Repo and First Alaska Cruise
The first name listed is the name associated with the Disboard ID

Confirmed Back-2-Back Cruisers:

* BibbidyBoddidyBoo - B2B - Shelley, Jeff, Ruby, Robert, Rita
* COASTIEandMATE - B2B - Ron, Karen
* DbleTheFun - REPO - Kim, Aiden, Brodie
* DisneyRN1 - B2B - Vicki, Greg
* DL1957 - B2B - Sue, Paul, Margaret (Alaska only), Helen (Alaska only)
* Dopeylover54 - B2B - Ken, Christie
* eeyorefreak - B2B - Shannon, Pete, Sam, Diane, Linda, Mike, Terri (Repo Only), Sam (Repo Only)
* EpcotKilterFan - B2B - Debbie, Jeanette
* Ferkals - B2B - Mary, Tom
* ibouncetoo - B2B - Jackie
* karaeric - B2B - Kara, Eric, Patty, Doug
* katypop - B2B - Kathe, Sara (Repo only), Trevor (Repo only)
* Kevin&Randall - B2B - Randall, Kevin
* LisaG520 - B2B - Lisa, Darrell
* MenashaCorp/MerriePoppins - B2B - Jason, Susan
* MJGirl - B2B - Mary Jane, Kirstyn
* MouseFaninQueue/LuvBaloo - B2B - Ken, Shannon, Shaelyn, Kaleigh
* NotSoLittleMermaid - B2B - Cheri
* nskjerven/chickeninthecupboard - B2B - Nan, Paul, Molly, Wilson
* Pappy - B2B - Neil, Liz
* rcostello1 - B2B - Rob, Larry
* Robin"D" - B2B - Robin, Angel
* sandiedvc - B2B - Kathy, Mike
* sdlong329 - B2B - Steven, Donna, Lisa
* seaulater - B2B - Linda, Jamie, Larry, Nancy
* TADsMommy/TADsDaddy - B2B - Karen, Dave, Tiffany, Ashley, David
* threebrits - B2B - Heather, Tom, Bethany
* Tigrrtum/DzneLin - B2B - Terry, Linda
* Winotracy/AskAGeek - B2B - Tracy, Bill
* Yensidfan - B2B - Pete, Faith, Courtney, Peter

Confirmed Repo only Cruisers:

* castawaycayfans - REPO - Rob, Kim, Sarah, Henry, Dana, Logan, Alley
* CustardTart - REPO - Karen, Richard
* denise - REPO - Denise, Jimmy, Eleni
* disforever - REPO - Kathy
* DMMarla07860 - REPO - Julia, Larry
* Fellowship9798 - REPO - Darren, Tracie, Hayden, Lily
* figment52 - REPO - Sandy, Sharon
* fitnessmouse - REPO - Ilja, Eelco, Twan, Demi
* Hillaryone - REPO - Laura, Sean, Erica
* MAGICFOR2 - REPO - Tammie, Jim
* milliesmum - REPO - Julie, Peter, Pam, Carolyn
* MukilteoSailor - REPO - Matthew, Becky, Miles, Sage
* njprincess/mohrt2 - REPO - Kathy, Frank
* N365PA - REPO - Clint, Sarah (hamm1207)
* pamkass - REPO - Pam, Buster, Julia, Toni, Keith, Julie, Andree, Mark
* ReAnSt - REPO - Becky, Stephen (Nacho1337), Dave, Linda
* TheBeadPirate - REPO - Lori, Rick
* trimix - REPO - Brian, Michelle, Brennan
* stacieps - REPO - Stacie, Rebecca, Duncan
* yogitxtx - REPO - Sandy, Tom, Norma

Confirmed Alaska only Cruisers:

* CaliGrrl - ALASKA - Kay, John, Kristina, Drew
* figmentnnemo - ALASKA - Les, Vikki, Chris, Jen
* jlwhitney - ALASKA - Jen, Phil
* LocustPoint - ALASKA - Mary, Tom
* mishoe01 - ALASKA - Monica, Marlene
* purplern - ALASKA - Vicki, Rich, Amanda, Tim
* rotary2808 - ALASKA - Emily, Jason, Steve, Brenda
* sasmmb - ALASKA - Michelle, Brad
* xrobmn - ALASKA - Rob, Liz

These cruiser have not yet confirmed their names:

acourtwdw - Alaska - ?
Bill'sdj - REPO - Debbie, Bill
dennisgirl - B2B - Jennifer, Dennis
disneydreamerbelle - REPO - Jennifer, Mark
disneyfan100* - REPO - Amy, Roger
disneyfan23 - B2B - John
Eeyore77 - ALASKA - Jennifer, Chris
erbie - REPO - Erin, Peter, ?, ?, ?, ?
fourfoxesinpa - REPO - Jamie, Brian
Getppel - ? - ?
GuardMusic - ALASKA - Gayle, Kara
HappyGrumpy - ALASKA - ?
HebeJebe - ALASKA - Jennifer, Justice
iankh - B2B - Ian, Sukie
kathleena - ALASKA - Nancy, Ruth Ann
kimkatmom - B2B - Kim, Leslye, Harold, Barbara
LiseG - ALASKA - Lise, Chuck, Sabrina
Megsablue - REPO - ?, ?
mickeymom923 - B2B - Bev, Lou
Minybear - REPO - Cindy, Ken
philnphyl - REPO - Phil, Phyllis, Oliva, Preston, Kathy, Bill
Pluto - B2B - ?
poohbear926 - REPO - Lindsay, Brian
princesslisa71 - ALASKA - Lisa, ?
rikimuk - ALASKA - Lindsay, Martin
sabrecmc - B2B - Caryn, ?, ?, ?
sinnika - REPO - ?
Skallywag - B2B - Francis, Brenda
Suecot2000 - B2B - Sue
TiggerTails57 - B2B - Janice, Randy
Tink rules - ALASKA - ?
Walt & Di - REPO - Walter, Diane
woody73 - REPO - Woody, Mrs. Woody

An accurate list is very important because I need to know how many lanyards to order!

Ken

1.) I don't eat anything that won't drown (meaning if it can breathe under water...it doesn't go in my mouth! :lmao:)

May I use this? That is wonderful. However I really enjoy red meat - steak in particular cooked medium. In fact I enjoy it so much I'd eat a steak from a cow that smokes!

Randall

Since I am in a position to access the tours, if anyone wants to know what times the tours are being held, feel free to send me a PM.

I will go in and try to book it and pull the departure times. It will also give you a chance to validate availability. Obviously I can't book it for you, and availability can't be guaranteed, but it's a start. No?

I will post this note on the Alaska cruise as well for those doing B2B

Randall

Pamkass - we did the Westbound in 2005 and Westbound in 2008. We seriously considered a three-peat and taking the Wonder through the Canal, but thought we'd try the Repo/B2B/Alaska instead.

Randall

I was able to get the dinner attire information for the Repo and Alaska Cruise. I will be posting this on both threads.

Repo by night
1 - cruise casual
2 - formal (at sea)
3 - cruise casual
4 - pirate night (SFO)
5 - semi-formal (at sea)
6 - cruise casual (YYJ)

Alaska by night
1 - cruise casual
2 - formal (at sea)
3 - cruise casual
4 - cruise casual (SGY)
5 - cruise casual (JNU)
6 - semi-formal (KTN)
7 - cruise casual

No information on a Pirate Theme night for Alaska (right now). Of course, they gave me the standard disclaimer - subject to change without notice.

Randall

Thanks for the info Randall!

So, who is dressing up for pirate night? I bought a costume a couple of yrs ago, but I don't want to wear it if the trend has kind of gone away? pirate:

How about formall night? Jim hates wearing a tux - runs to the room to change immediately after dinner - seems like a waste to rent one - what I saw in 2005 was that alot of guys just wear shirts and ties - anyone seen a trend lately?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter