“They gave us an extra trash basket!” A Surprise Trip 6 day POR. Nov and Dec 2014. Updated 2/8

I think if you bring your popped balloon to Magic Kingdom they give you a new one.

Spent the day binge reading your report. Sounds like a very magical trip and I'm really enjoying!!!

Planning another trip!! So fun! Our first BIG trip is going to be May 2016. The report updates are great as usual!

The snake nearly did me in but I'm happy I stuck with it! I'm enjoying your family and your report although I'm sad to see the crowds during what is my favorite week to visit.

Hi thanks for the reply. The crowds were busier than I expected. I had been wondering if that Disney Planning is such a world of its own that everyone is in on the 'secrets' of when to go. Maybe I should have structured our trip based on the website that told me to "do X park on this day" but MVMCP through a wrench in our plans. We originally had different park days lined up but realized we didn't want our MK days interrupted by the party days.

Been catching up on your trip report. So fun to hear about all of you experiencing everything for the first time!

Your story of the incident with too much 5-Hour Energy and caffeine on the drive down cracked me up because it reminded me of the time my husband had the brainchild to drive straight through from our home in Colorado to his mom's in Tallahassee on the way to one of our Disney trips. There was some sort of turn taking schedule involved but he didn't take into account that I can't sleep in the car and wasn't able to get my scheduled catnaps in, so he ended up driving probably 20 of the 24 hours it takes us, and he OD'd on 5-Hour Energy and wigged out at a Cracker Barrel somewhere in Georgia. Good times, good times. :sad2:

It was crazy.... I don't think I needed that last 5 Hour before breakfast. I was thinking that if I got in front of my sleepiness by taking them at 3 to 4 hour intervals I wouldn't drive us off the road :) Next trip if we are not flying (likely) we will spend the night in Mobile I think.

I think if you bring your popped balloon to Magic Kingdom they give you a new one.

Ah I wish I would have known (or even thought) about that!

Spent the day binge reading your report. Sounds like a very magical trip and I'm really enjoying!!!

Thank you!

Planning another trip!! So fun! Our first BIG trip is going to be May 2016. The report updates are great as usual!

I hope you have a great time!

Great trip report. Good job on pulling off the surprise. I always say I'm going to surprise our son and I always break within a week. We are going in January for my first half marathon, I planned on telling him as we pulled into the airport. I told him 3 days after booking. "hanging head in shame".

Great trip report. Good job on pulling off the surprise. I always say I'm going to surprise our son and I always break within a week. We are going in January for my first half marathon, I planned on telling him as we pulled into the airport. I told him 3 days after booking. "hanging head in shame".

Haha Leslie and Chad made it about 3 days too!

More Walking Around World Showcase

A quick update! Sorry for lack of updates. Lots of house work going on these days!

Last we left off we had made it around to the International Gateway Bridge from the Future World side. One thing that absolutely apparent to me is how amazing the detailing is and how big the pavilions actually are! The UK and Canada pavilions seemed to have a lot going on even though we did not really stop very long. So much to see and do! When we go back in 2017 we are planning for at least one more day. This trip was 6 day 5 night. Chad and I are doing minimum 7 day this time but even he is talking about doing 8d 7nights now. Extra days will allow for extra exploring next time. Older kids may also help here too! Keeping up with Mattie at 3 yrs old was a large chunk of time! She will be 6 the next time.It will be better. Right?

So we made it in to the French pavilion via the bridge...
Jen%20Phone%20Apr%202015%202209_zpshbaqul6z.jpg

Jen%20Phone%20Apr%202015%202202_zpsc5wtt1sx.jpg

Secretly I was on the hunt for a Grand Marnier Orange Slush. (ever since I saw Samantha Brown drink one on a Disney travel show) However before getting to that Jennifer spotted the caricatures and silhouettes booth to the left when you enter France. She told me she wanted to get the hand cut silhouettes of the kids with frame. I said sure because to be honest it seemed like a great deal for the amount of tiny work the CM (Karine, she was great! Very patient with wiggly Mattie) had to do.

20141202_155401_zpshx5eqmme.jpg

20141202_155207_zpsifipgw33.jpg

20141202_154644_zpsiok7epji.jpg

It was not too long in to Nathan's portrait that I look over at Jennifer and she is UPSET! and crying. I was taking pictures of the lake so i rushed over and asked what was wrong. She was just happy! She felt Karine had really captured the features of each child. I went to photo taking and then realized right next to us was the drink Kiosk! One slush was ordered and consumed! Tasted great!

While we waited for the boys we grabbed a few photos.
P1020561_zps7bawdllg.jpg

P1020559_zpsibuovfpq.jpg

P1020554_zpssevl3rgn.jpg

So after we settled up with the portraits we started walking towards Morocco pavilion and we saw a line to our left and both Jennifer and I were not able to tell what it was for and then we saw Belle! I grabbed a few photos of course!
Jen%20Phone%20Apr%202015%202241_zpsjvqgdmkj.jpg

P1020565_zps444hcymd.jpg

P1020566_zpsvrklotls.jpg

It was almost 3pm by this time and we had dinner reservations at Akershus at close to 6pm. We picked up the pace and while we didn't stop in Morocco I am resolved to come back and eat at Tangerine because Jen and I love Greek/Mediterranean cuisine!
P1020567_zpskb3patlm.jpg

We passed through Morocco and entered Japan just as they were finishing on the drums.
P1020575_zpswl5dyzvy.jpg

Absolutely stunning buildings!
P1020573_zpswvordcwj.jpg

We walked around for a while and went to the market store and the gallery which was running an Anime and Manga exhibit that Michael really enjoyed. I was hoping for some Macross items myself but there weren't any.

Next up? Flying through World Showcase and a Princess Dinner!

Flying Through World Showcase and Akershus Princess Dinner!

So we left off in Japan having visited the Anime exhibit. When we left we let Mattie run around the Japanese garden a little bit so she could blow off some steam. The garden with the koi pond is very pretty.
P1020599_zpstk8biytm.jpg

P1020603_zpsdtikpg9e.jpg

Some of my favorite shots were around here of Spaceship Earth
P1020607_zpsiszewo2m.jpg

P1020625_zps6tdofx5n.jpg

Literally, let her run around :)
P1020618_zpsoke7c9lu.jpg

Brothers were stationed at exits :)
P1020616_zps2fk1qhbm.jpg

...and by the time we got done there we needed to hurry to Norway for dinner at Akershus. So we walked quickly through Epcot. First up was the American Pavilion. Just a few photos as we walked by. That day was the first (or one of first showings) of The Candlelight Processional. I am not sure who was narrating it that night. I know the line looked long :)
P1020627_zpsqzpahhjw.jpg

P1020630_zpsdoi9yyva.jpg

Next up was Italy... we did see something happening that seemed Christmas related?
P1020636_zpsx224irve.jpg

We made a few minutes of time to stop and see the train between Italy and Germany.
P1020637_zpsmwctenlq.jpg

Nathan loves trains
P1020640_zpscruoz3d3.jpg

In to Germany! Gotta hurrry!
P1020643_zpsjioi0zmm.jpg

I see China!
P1020647_zpsyxuszfnb.jpg

P1020654_zpsgrclgqf9.jpg

P1020653_zpski3f7hzk.jpg

and finally! We see Norway!
P1020656_zpsl2yeiysr.jpg

Not a minute too soon. we were about 10 minutes early for check in.
P1020673_zpsipgsni1m.jpg

P1020664_zps7cq2w2y8.jpg

We had some time so Mattie and Jen explored the shop. We were surpeised to find Frozen stuff... totally surprised! :rolleyes:
20141202_171606_zps4rjananq.jpg

The boys and I sat down because our legs were tired.
20141202_170101_zpskrrp6rjk.jpg

20141202_170547_zpslwwbjizp.jpg

Before long our names were called. I had no idea about Akershus because late in the planning we made the choice to do a 2nd Epcot day while Chad and Leslie wanted to do DD and HS some more. I had no preconceived notions about this meal. I had seen some photos of the princess processional and thought Mattie will enjoy that! She did, and so did we! Michael thought it was a little girlie. He was most interested in dinner.

Mattie said... take my picture!
20141202_172220_zpsvoufonzd.jpg

20141202_172114_zps7yov3usg.jpg

Our hostess with the mostest tonight was Belle. Autographs were received. Pictures were made. (Even Nathan jumped in one)
P1020677_zpsculbvuji.jpg

P1020678_zps4idc5nl1.jpg

We sat down and received our menus, and photos, drinks all in about 2 minutes... our heads were spinning. We got up and made our way to the appetizer buffet. I loved just about everything on that buffet! Very fresh! The cheeses were very good.
P1020680_zpsdxsj5yua.jpg

We sat back down. The kids were starving and so they dug in!
P1020681_zpsee4yr6v4.jpg

Then the princesses started to arrive. Autographs and photos all around again! Nathan jumped in to nearly every photo! Prompting Princess Aurora to dub Nathan. "Her Little Dragon Slayer" Only bad thing about this time is the photos we took. Jen had a smudge on her camera phone lens and i was busy getting autograph books ready and tending to kids.
P1020708_zpswzzph2ai.jpg

P1020690_zpskfattcmq.jpg

Before too long it was time for the Princess Processional.
P1020682_zpseqr7zi2n.jpg

Here is the end of the Processional! Mattie loved it!

The dinner itself was good. Jen and Michael had steak. Mattie had a chicken breast. I had swedish meatballs. Nathan had a pizza maybe?
P1020713_zpsnhtpmecj.jpg

P1020711_zpswoljvdsy.jpg

P1020712_zpswpq2ier4.jpg

Desert was good. A sampler.
P1020714_zpsa3nbnepz.jpg

All and all a good time! The dinner was well worth it. Up next we see Mexico and do some more exploring.

I just love Epcot. I could spend many hours exploring WS alone if I didn't have kids tagging along that is!!!

I just love Epcot. I could spend many hours exploring WS alone if I didn't have kids tagging along that is!!!

Me too. I have soo much more to look forward to next time. All of the skipped pavilions and the entire left side of future world!

Did you follow an itinerary, as far as which parks/dining on which days, from your first visit dot net? Did that work well?

Did you follow an itinerary, as far as which parks/dining on which days, from your first visit dot net? Did that work well?

I used that site for some great information. However as to what park to visit on what day I paid for a subscription to touringplans.com. It gave suggestions of which park to visit on what day. It also has a really detailed itinerary builder. I used that to create the first three days but to be honest we abandoned that plan the first night. It was just too hard for my family to adhere to.

I used that site for some great information. However as to what park to visit on what day I paid for a subscription to touringplans.com. It gave suggestions of which park to visit on what day. It also has a really detailed itinerary builder. I used that to create the first three days but to be honest we abandoned that plan the first night. It was just too hard for my family to adhere to.

We used touringplans for our last trip and they were way off. The wait times they gave me were way lower than what we saw in the parks.

We used touringplans for our last trip and they were way off. The wait times they gave me were way lower than what we saw in the parks.

They were way off on my two magic kingdom day. They had anticipated them being 4's and later revised to 7 and 8 I think.

They were way off on my two magic kingdom day. They had anticipated them being 4's and later revised to 7 and 8 I think.

Ugh, I'm hoping the numbers go down instead of up on my December trip...but I'm not counting on it!

I love your report. I wish my DH loved Disney like you do! It's awesome to hear how you want to make this special for them. Can't wait to read the rest. You have a beautiful family. :)

Ugh, I'm hoping the numbers go down instead of up on my December trip...but I'm not counting on it!

I hope it works out for you too!

I love your report. I wish my DH loved Disney like you do! It's awesome to hear how you want to make this special for them. Can't wait to read the rest. You have a beautiful family. :)

Thank you for the kind words! I didn't get around to posting this last weekend because of work and family obligations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter