“Dreams Come True Momma!” A 2 year old’s first trip ~ May 2015~Complete {NEW TR LINK!}

Since this was a Mother’s day treat and using the buses would require getting involved with Disney Transportation during Rope Drop rush I decided to treat myself and just take a taxi straight there. This ended up being a great decision. And it got me there in less than 15 minutes. It cost $12 + Tip. So worth it!
Not bad at all. Much easier than trying to play the bus/monorail game.

I’ll say this, the price of it may come with a bit of sticker shock ($141.75 after a discount from booking a package) right away but it is so beyond worth it. I have never had any Mani Pedi experience come anywhere near that. DisDads take note, if you want to do something special for your wife on your next trip, this is SO the way to do it.
Holy crap!!! :eek:

Ok, ok... you're right. Whatever it takes... :rolleyes1

What two “animals” do we come across on our evening adventures? (Hint one was fun to see, one got really annoying really quickly!)
A lizard and a mosquito. Because it is Florida. So those are a pretty safe guess. I'm obviously picking mosquito for annoying.

I am so beyond pissed right now. According to the service rep the center of the layout is not guaranteed to lay exactly in the center. My only options they give me is to completely start from scratch or get a full refund and go somewhere else. (And redo the book for lay flat pages)
Sorry you've been having so much trouble with it. I guess they're offering a refund, so I guess that's better than nothing, but it stinks that you've put in so much effort for something you didn't actually get.

Oh that mani/pedi looks awesome! When you consider how much more you pay for other things in Disney the price seems about right. But, like other things in Disney the service and experience is exceptional, so its not so bad in the long run!

Oh Shutterfly, I have such a love/hate relationship with them. Free items are so easy to come by, but the service is declining in a major way! I hope you find a suitable resolution to the issue.

Poor little miss. The croup is no fun! I hope she is doing better now.

Looks like I fell enough behind to miss a bonus question round.
But at least I'm in time for the next one!

We took some PhotoPass pictures first, because how could you not?

Easy. Don't get Memory Maker.
At least that's what I do.... and I'm kind of regretting that right now.

After that we took Little Miss to one of my FAVORITE rides! Turns out this is a girl who does Momma Proud. She LOVED Journey into Imagination.

Wow. That brings back memories. Both DDs loved that ride when we took them the first time.
They were 4 and 8 at the time.
When we took them back four years later, they couldn't understand why they had liked it so much! :laughing:

We let Little Miss have a Dole Whip for dinner and kept moving on our way around the UK.

Did she like it?

I had a goal to get a strawberry tart from the bakery in France and we realized soon after getting the dole whips and the purple Lemonade (tasted of Grape flavored Lemonade) that it was actually closer to 8pm. :headache:

Sorry, I think I'm missing something. Why is it bad that it was closer to 8pm?
Just that it was getting late?

20150508_221325_zpshz4pruuz.jpg

You got your tart!
And someone looks ridiculously relaxed! :laughing:

And the Husband of the Year Award goes to

Sounds like you got yourself a keeper there.

I had shared these with DH in advance and made sure he knew what we were doing when.

"Shared with DH"... Or was it "Here's what we're doing, so deal with it!"

Well DH decided to take that information and use it to his advantage and schedule a surprise for me for Mother’s Day.

Nice! Good move!

The Night before I was given the info that I would want to wear my sandals and that I would need to check in around 9:30ish am at the Spa at the Grand Floridian.

I bet you were just a wee bit excited.

I decided that there wasn’t a better way to start the day than with my extra Carrot Cake Cookie.

::yes::

This ended up being a great decision. And it got me there in less than 15 minutes. It cost $12 + Tip. So worth it!

Not bad! I always think the cab's going to cost too much.

As I checked in I was told that I was scheduled for a Manicure and a Pedicure

Both!

Okay. Maybe he really is husband of the year...

Someone looks very, very happy! :goodvibes

I soon found the wet room and had it all to myself. Those heated loungers were wonderful and the whirlpool was AMAZING! I spent about 45 minutes just soaking and lounging and relaxing in there until I got to the verge of being overheated and left to sit in the recliners to wait for my turn.

Sounds totally, completely relaxing.

DisDads take note, if you want to do something special for your wife on your next trip, this is SO the way to do it.

Noted.

I was one VERY pampered Noodle when I left.

:laughing: I like that! You're a pampered noodle!

Very nice. :thumbsup2

What two “animals” do we come across on our evening adventures? (Hint one was fun to see, one got really annoying really quickly!)

Seagull and duck.

I am so beyond pissed right now. According to the service rep the center of the layout is not guaranteed to lay exactly in the center. My only options they give me is to completely start from scratch or get a full refund and go somewhere else. (And redo the book for lay flat pages)

Oh, man! That sucks! You put so much work into it!

Was planning to get to responses today but ended up spending all of last night tending to a Sick little miss and a trip to the ER this morning.:crazy2: Luckily it was just a case of croup and the meds the er gave her have already kicked in and making her feel significantly better.

Glad it wasn't anything more serious. Hope she's feeling all better now.

Ugh so I know its wednesday and I STILL haven't gotten to responses. While Little Miss is mostly better (Its amazing how fast and well steroids work!) Dh had oral surgery on Monday and yesterday I woke up with a bad cold. :faint: Fun times in our house let me tell ya! :crazy2: I'll start trying to get to them as soon as I have the energy to sit at the computer for more than a few minutes at a time.

Goodness you've had a rough week! Take some time and get everyone healthy. We'll be here when you're ready.

Ugh so I know its wednesday and I STILL haven't gotten to responses. While Little Miss is mostly better (Its amazing how fast and well steroids work!) Dh had oral surgery on Monday and yesterday I woke up with a bad cold. :faint: Fun times in our house let me tell ya! :crazy2: I'll start trying to get to them as soon as I have the energy to sit at the computer for more than a few minutes at a time.

Wishing you all well! Get better soon.... everyone!

Darn...should have gone with the flow...would still be tied for 1st place! LOL!
:rotfl2: There is still some time to guess for the next round. If anyone actually gets the full answer they will end up with some high points. I thought it would be a give away question, apparently its harder than I thought. :confused3

Okay I fell super way behind there!! :faint:
It's alright I know how that goes. ::yes::

But I am all caught up and I'm really going to (try) and keep up this time!! ::yes::
:cheer2:

Ooh La La! :cutie: Love your mani/pedi!
:thanks: It lasted a long time as well!

Okay I'm down to sixth place! :sad2: So I need to get back some points!
:cheer2:

Hmm...you put animals in air quotes...:scratchin...does that mean real animals...or character animals???
We did no character meet and greets this day. Take that as you will.

Okay I will say...a turtle (fun) and a bird (annoying)...both real...or not...I remember how panicky and indecisive I get at this game!:rotfl:
:rolleyes1

Oh man that sucks! :sad2:
After having just put the book aside for a while and allowed myself to calm down I think I've come to the conclusion that the flaws in the book are small and subtle and only glaringly obvious to me. It is done well enough that I can begin to overlook the flaws. I think it was more you just work so hard to make it perfect that having arrive with any flaws is a major let down.

This is HORRIBLE :sad2: I would be pissed!!!! Can you adjust what you've already done to make it work? Will they give that for free??? Ugh I can't even

First, kudos to DH for your great spa day. You definitely have a good one there.

And I can't believe Shutterfly isn't taking care of the book. I ordered one once that had some small smudges on the cover and they sent me a new one with no questions asked. Sounds like maybe they aren't so liberal with that anymore. Hope you can get it resolved.
After having just put the book aside for a while and allowed myself to calm down I think I've come to the conclusion that the flaws in the book are small and subtle and only glaringly obvious to me. It is done well enough that I can begin to overlook the flaws. I think it was more you just work so hard to make it perfect that having arrive with any flaws is a major let down. I just don't think its worth the stress effort and fight to get it fixed. I'll no better next time. (If I use them ever again.)

This is HORRIBLE :sad2: I would be pissed!!!! Can you adjust what you've already done to make it work? Will they give that for free??? Ugh I can't even
After having just put the book aside for a while and allowed myself to calm down I think I've come to the conclusion that the flaws in the book are small and subtle and only glaringly obvious to me. It is done well enough that I can begin to overlook the flaws. I think it was more you just work so hard to make it perfect that having arrive with any flaws is a major let down. I just don't think its worth the stress effort and fight to get it fixed. I'll no better next time. (If I use them ever again.)

First, isn't that spa heavenly?? My DH also surprised me with a mani/pedi there, and it was great! Yay for awesome husbands!
::yes:: Indeed it is! It made the idea of one day staying at the grand that much more appealing!

Um, for animals, I'll say the crocodiles (or is it alligators?) statues that are playing musical instruments on sidewalk area and a squirrel?

Also, so sorry about the shutterfly situation. That is enraging! If you see a layout on your computer, then you expect the finished product to be that way!!
After having just put the book aside for a while and allowed myself to calm down I think I've come to the conclusion that the flaws in the book are small and subtle and only glaringly obvious to me. It is done well enough that I can begin to overlook the flaws. I think it was more you just work so hard to make it perfect that having arrive with any flaws is a major let down. I just don't think its worth the stress, effort, and fight to get it fixed. I'll know for better next time. (If I use them ever again.)

It looks like you had a wonderful time!
Oh it was glorious!! I wish I could go back there! :cloud9:

That looks delicious!
Not a bad way to start a morning!

Oh man, I am super disappointed to hear about Disney Jr. Live. Did you happen to sit in the front? Maybe the dancing is allowed more in the back?
No actually we were more towards the middle back. However, enough people seem surprised at how things went that I think that it may have been a fluke or improperly trained cms.

What a great mother's day gift!
Indeed it was. :cloud9:

Coming in a bit tardy to the party but I'm here too!
:welcome:

Little Miss is precious and her smile is absolutely contagious! :lovestruc
:thanks:

The spa sounds wonderful; I was relaxed just reading about it!
It really is worth doing at least once! :cloud9:

I'm sorry about the Shutterfly situation. After all that work, that's the last thing anyone wants to deal with :sad2:
After having just put the book aside for a while and allowed myself to calm down I think I've come to the conclusion that the flaws in the book are small and subtle and only glaringly obvious to me. It is done well enough that I can begin to overlook the flaws. I think it was more you just work so hard to make it perfect that having arrive with any flaws is a major let down. I just don't think its worth the stress effort and fight to get it fixed. I'll know better next time. (If I use them ever again.)

what a wonderful day for you ... and $114 for a happy wife is MORE than worth it!!! ;)

and when you figure on Mother's day a nice bouquet of flowers can be like $40 or more, it really isn't bad.
That's true!

Glad you enjoyed it so much and props to your husband for making it a bit of a surprise
I've got a good one that's for sure!

so sorry to hear about your shutterfly book .... those are not quick to put together so to not be happy with the end result is just terrible. Hope things work out and while a pain might be worth the effort to get your money back and get a book somewhere else that you are happy with
After having just put the book aside for a while and allowed myself to calm down I think I've come to the conclusion that the flaws in the book are small and subtle and only glaringly obvious to me. It is done well enough that I can begin to overlook the flaws. I think it was more you just work so hard to make it perfect that having it arrive with any flaws is a major let down. I just don't think its worth the stress effort and fight to get it fixed. I'll know better next time. (If I use them ever again.)

Wow what a nice hubby :thumbsup2.
::yes:: I've got a good one that's for sure!!!

What a great way to start the day.
It was glorious! :cloud9:

I'm sorry about your photo book, that makes me worried for mine because I just finished it and am waiting on a good deal to order.
They swear that most of the issues with my book are more due to my choice to not use their layouts ( I couldn't make them work with our pictures without them cropping our pictures weirdly) If you stuck to their cookie cutter layouts you will probably be fine. And really the flaws in our book are more noticeable to me because I've been staring painstakingly at every inch of every page for months on end. Also I added our Trip report to our book that much text also apparently caused issues. I've come to the conclusion that the book is good enough not to fight with them on it any more and just allow it to be as it is. Its not worth the stress and fighting to get it absolutely perfect.

Curious about about the two animals, I'm thinking bird and squirrel.

Catching up!
:wave2: Me too! :rotfl:

Little Miss's R2D2 shirt is super cute! Why don't they make adult sizes for those!! I would totally get one.
They really don't even make them in girls sizes! ( The R2D2 shirt is from the boy department)

You evening at Epcot looked great! I did think the food in the France booth was not very exciting, but the bakery on the other hand...leave me in there and I'm a happy camper!
Mmmm same here!

Cute pp pics! I'm glad little miss enjoyed Figment as well!

Dole whips for dinner = happy me! :dogdance:
although I'd probably have a real meal in addition...:lmao:
We ended up doing the same. When we got back I found that our snacking just hadn't been enough and we shared a pasta in our room.

You are one lucky gal!! What a wonderful morning at the spa!
::yes:: Indeed! :cloud9:

Your nails looked really good! Do they do designs too? Like polka-dots or something? I always wondered and think it would be a real moneymaker for them if Disney offered nail designs.
I'm not sure. I thought about it but forgot to ask. I should have though!

How sweet that your DH scheduled that appointment for you! Sounds like it was a perfect gift to be so relaxed and pampered in the middle of your Disney trip.
Indeed it was! :cloud9:

Hmmm, I'll say dog (Pluto) and ducks (real ones, not Donald).

So sorry about your photobook! Ugh, those things are so time-consuming to make, I can't imagine the disappointment of it not being printed right. I hope you can find a good solution.
After having just put the book aside for a while and allowed myself to calm down I think I've come to the conclusion that the flaws in the book are small and subtle and only glaringly obvious to me. It is done well enough that I can begin to overlook the flaws. I think it was more you just work so hard to make it perfect that having arrive with any flaws is a major let down. I just don't think its worth the stress effort and fight to get it fixed. I'll know better next time. (If I use them ever again.)

What an awesome husband to surprise you with a little pampering!

A carrot cake cookie sounds like an ideal breakfast to me.
I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

Animal guesses... a character such as Mickey or Chip and Dale. Annoying animal? Bird? Squirrel? Duck?

Poor Little Miss! Glad she is starting to feel better!
:thanks: Croup is no fun for anyone in the family. I'm just amazed at how long its taking the roids to stop effecting her. LORDY! She's been bouncing off the walls hyper all week! :hyper: :faint::faint:

Happy she is feeling better. Sending hugs :grouphug:

Happy to hear Little Miss is doing better! :flower3: Take care!

Hope Little Miss is doing better.
Indeed she is! :thanks:

Not bad at all. Much easier than trying to play the bus/monorail game.

Holy crap!!! :eek:

Ok, ok... you're right. Whatever it takes... :rolleyes1
If you take into account that a normal high end mani/pedi is done all at once and only takes under an hour and the mani/ pedi at the GF spa is two separate appointments an hour each where they are very through and attentive AND you get access to the other spa amenities for as long as you want, it really isn't that bad of a deal.

A lizard and a mosquito. Because it is Florida. So those are a pretty safe guess. I'm obviously picking mosquito for annoying.

Sorry you've been having so much trouble with it. I guess they're offering a refund, so I guess that's better than nothing, but it stinks that you've put in so much effort for something you didn't actually get.

Oh that mani/pedi looks awesome!
Indeed it is!!!!:cloud9:

When you consider how much more you pay for other things in Disney the price seems about right. But, like other things in Disney the service and experience is exceptional, so its not so bad in the long run!
If you take into account that a normal high end mani/pedi is done all at once and only takes under an hour and the mani/ pedi at the GF spa is two separate appointments an hour each where they are very through and attentive AND you get access to the other spa amenities for as long as you want, it really isn't that bad of a deal. Not to mention that they give you the nail polish to take home as well as the files.

Oh Shutterfly, I have such a love/hate relationship with them. Free items are so easy to come by, but the service is declining in a major way! I hope you find a suitable resolution to the issue.

Poor little miss. The croup is no fun! I hope she is doing better now.
Indeed it isn't. SHe's much better for the most part however she seems to be having a bit of a strong reaction to the steroids. She has been hyper and irritable all week! :hyper::faint::faint:

Looks like I fell enough behind to miss a bonus question round.
But at least I'm in time for the next one!
:cheer2: Plenty of time left to get to the top.

Easy. Don't get Memory Maker.
At least that's what I do.... and I'm kind of regretting that right now.
Hmmm I suppose you're right.

Wow. That brings back memories. Both DDs loved that ride when we took them the first time.
They were 4 and 8 at the time.
When we took them back four years later, they couldn't understand why they had liked it so much! :laughing:
In my case Its more of a love for figment himself and his song than anything else. The old ride was more impressive I think.

Did she like it?

Sorry, I think I'm missing something. Why is it bad that it was closer to 8pm?
Just that it was getting late?
We had a goal not to get stuck in World SHowcase during illuminations that night.

You got your tart!
And someone looks ridiculously relaxed! :laughing:
::yes:: :cloud9:

Sounds like you got yourself a keeper there.

"Shared with DH"... Or was it "Here's what we're doing, so deal with it!"
We had quite a few check points throughout the planning process for me to verify that I was on the right track, but once he gave me his short list of must dos he was pretty open and flexible to allow me to tweak the schedule as needed. So it was more of a "This is the final plan that I decided."

Nice! Good move!
::yes:: DH got points for that.

I bet you were just a wee bit excited.
::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes:::hyper:

Not bad! I always think the cab's going to cost too much.
yeah I remembered reading that some diser mentioned that taxis aren't that bad and asked what the price was.

Both!

Okay. Maybe he really is husband of the year...

Someone looks very, very happy! :goodvibes
:cloud9:

Sounds totally, completely relaxing.
It was!:cloud9:

:thumbsup2

:laughing: I like that! You're a pampered noodle!

Very nice. :thumbsup2

Seagull and duck.

Oh, man! That sucks! You put so much work into it!

Glad it wasn't anything more serious. Hope she's feeling all better now.
:thanks: After having just put the book aside for a while and allowed myself to calm down I think I've come to the conclusion that the flaws in the book are small and subtle and only glaringly obvious to me. It is done well enough that I can begin to overlook the flaws. I think it was more you just work so hard to make it perfect that having arrive with any flaws is a major let down. I just don't think its worth the stress effort and fight to get it fixed. I'll know better next time. (If I use them ever again.)

Goodness you've had a rough week! Take some time and get everyone healthy. We'll be here when you're ready.
Indeed! :faint: :thanks:

Wishing you all well! Get better soon.... everyone!

Sounds like a fun time in your house. I hope everyone recovers quickly!
Indeed! :faint: :thanks:

Hope everyone is doing better soon! No rush!

In my case Its more of a love for figment himself and his song than anything else. The old ride was more impressive I think.

I must admit that I don't remember the old ride.
It's entirely possible that I've never done it.

We had a goal not to get stuck in World SHowcase during illuminations that night.

Ah. Okay.

We had quite a few check points throughout the planning process for me to verify that I was on the right track, but once he gave me his short list of must dos he was pretty open and flexible to allow me to tweak the schedule as needed. So it was more of a "This is the final plan that I decided."

gotcha.

Glad to hear that you don't have to start all over again!

Hi disers!!!:wave2: Guess what I've got for you today??? It's update day!!!!!! :jumping1:Thank you for being patient. With my crazy week last week I just didn't have the energy to post. We spent the whole 3 day weekend vegging on the couch playing Disney Infinity 3.0. I think we all needed it to be sure.

Before I get to the next update I need your thoughts and opinions on something. Over the weekend a close family friend sent us a save the date for their wedding in Orlando this March. (Unfortunately at the peak of spring break! :crazy2:) While it doesn't look like we will get any park time (Why do one and two day tickets have to be so outrageous?!?!?!:sad:), Dh and I have decided that this would be a great opportunity to test out whether we would really like to stay off property on our next full disney trip.

Currently I have to reservations booked using booking.com. (You get free cancellation up to just days before the trip and you don't have to pay a deposit beforehand)

Option 1 that I have found is Embassy Suites Orlando-Lake Buena Vista Resort with a King Suite (Little MIss would have to sleep on a pull out sofa) and breakfast included after taxes and resort fees we are looking at $596.48. I can not find anywhere whether or not Parking and wifi is included in this. (I've read a few things in different places that suggest it might not be)

Option 2 is B Resort and Spa. According to Geodistance.com it is exactly 0.54 miles from downtown disney so easily walkable. (For comparison Contemporary > MK is 0.48 miles) The room we booked has two queens so Little Miss would get to sleep in an actual bed and there would be space if my mother were to decide to join us instead of doing her own thing. With taxes and Resort Fee we are looking at $578.28. When I got the confirmation email I was informed that there is also an additional $16/day self parking fee. So it would seem the two options are pretty evenly priced.

Does anyone here have any experience with either and if you were in my shoes which would you choose?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heading out for a Hoop De Doo! (5/9/15 Part 2)

After nap time we all changed into our dinner outfits and struck out for the Hoop De Doo Revue. Because the only way to get to Fort Wilderness is to bus over to the Magic Kingdom and then take a boat to Fort Wilderness we struck out at around 5:45-6pm to allow plenty of time to get there and find our way. We ended up getting there super early and had a lot of time to kill before we could check in so we set out to explore a little.

20150509_191128_zpszsjfpmsg.jpg

We let Little Miss play on the playground quite a bit. And went ahead and got our PP pictures when the line opened. (Around 7:45pm)

FORTWILD_HOOP_7303485534_zps8h1jyrsh.jpeg

Then we went up and looked at the horses.

20150509_193550_zpsxbwvy5lj.jpg

20150509_192924_zpssfpd3t88.jpg

Finally at about 8pm they pulled out the check in “desk” and allowed us to check in. We then were told to go line up for dinner and then stood around for a full half hour till they opened the line. All this while being hot and sweaty and trying to control a 2 year old who keeps getting terrified of the nats and bugs flying around.

FINALLY at 8:30 they let us in and lead us to our table.

20150509_203416_zps5wqjkraw.jpg

We had swung for the category 1 seating based on a few recommendations. We ended up Smack against the stage.

20150509_203437_zpsatqxmeqh.jpg

Soon our waiter came along and dropped off the corn bread (Mmmmmmmmmm) and Salad (Meh).

20150509_203753_zpsj8hjiogl.jpg

20150509_205043_zpsvukaq2yn.jpg

20150509_205047_zpspliffbww.jpg

20150509_205358_zpsm1pqqsfl.jpg

Soon after the first “segment” of the show they dropped off the main meal stuff. They then were quiet a bit to give everyone time to eat. This ended up being the basic structure to the show and we found it to be well paced in that regard.

20150509_210656_zpsjax7wp7f.jpg

20150509_210825_zpsfstzbe6w.jpg

20150509_213231_zpsb1paoivs.jpg

20150509_220409_zpsgamvvh8j.jpg

20150509_221904_zps4k3ljg20.jpg

20150509_214800_zpsnstqetmh.jpg

20150509_214745_zps1iavhyav.jpg

I know this is going to be an unpopular opinion here on the boards but, other than the cornbread, there was nothing really stand out amazing about any of the food in our opinions. Maybe we had heard it talked up so much it couldn’t live up to our expectations.

The show, while funny and enjoyable wasn’t blow us away impressive either.

After the show let out we went back to the dock and ended up having to wait quite a bit for a ferry. This ended up being very tedious and annoying because the dock was now SWARMING with Nats and Bugs and it was pretty much Little Miss’s nightmare. Once the boat finally got there it was a very slow trip on a boat that had bugs continuing to swarm in Little Miss’s face while zero air flow passed through. I got a bit on the queasy side before we reached the dock.

The bus was another post fireworks super crowed disaster and by the time we got back to POR I was just done with it all.

While the show was funny and the food not terrible. The price of the show plus the effort to get there makes it a One and Done thing. If we were ever to go back I don’t think we would bother with the upcharge to the Category 1 seating. The theater is small enough that it really doesn’t make much of a difference view wise where you sit and DH and I ended up feeling like our seats were almost TOO close to the action.

***Bonus Question Time***

Which park do we go to first and what is our first attraction there?

Where do we end up eating lunch?

Trip Report Game Points

@afwdwfan – 6 pts; 1pt for bug, 10 pt bonus for ONLY correct answer

Totals:

Dugette – 21

Cajunfan – 20

Princessesandpascal – 19

Afwdwfan – 16

annie170 – 14

Vleeth – 11

BibbitybobityLu – 9

Pkondz – 9

NJLauren - 8

Kadrachb – 7

BlvInMagic – 7

Loves The Mouse – 6

ashw100 – 5

Mdsouth – 4

Thank you for being patient. With my crazy week last week I just didn't have the energy to post. We spent the whole 3 day weekend vegging on the couch playing Disney Infinity 3.0. I think we all needed it to be sure.
Sometimes, you just need those down days like that.

Does anyone here have any experience with either and if you were in my shoes which would you choose?
I am not familiar with either option. It would be hard to be sooo close and not go to the parks though. I understand your predicament, but I folded and ended up getting 3 nights on property and 3 day tickets for my quick visit to Orlando in January.

Finally at about 8pm they pulled out the check in “desk” and allowed us to check in. We then were told to go line up for dinner and then stood around for a full half hour till they opened the line. All this while being hot and sweaty and trying to control a 2 year old who keeps getting terrified of the nats and bugs flying around.
Sounds lovely. :headache:

We had swung for the category 1 seating based on a few recommendations. We ended up Smack against the stage.
Can't get much closer than that!

Soon our waiter came along and dropped off the corn bread (Mmmmmmmmmm) and Salad (Meh).
I absolutely love Disney's cornbread. That stuff is amazing. And that is pretty much my feeling about any salad I've ever had.

I know this is going to be an unpopular opinion here on the boards but, other than the cornbread, there was nothing really stand out amazing about any of the food in our opinions.
I appreciate the honesty. I can really see how you'd feel this way after all the hassle to get there and waiting so long. I mean I'm sure the show is good and the food is good, but I couldn't imagine a mass produced meal that is brought out to everyone in the theater at once could be any better than the identically prepared food you could get at Trail's End.

After the show let out we went back to the dock and ended up having to wait quite a bit for a ferry. This ended up being very tedious and annoying because the dock was now SWARMING with Nats and Bugs and it was pretty much Little Miss’s nightmare. Once the boat finally got there it was a very slow trip on a boat that had bugs continuing to swarm in Little Miss’s face while zero air flow passed through. I got a bit on the queasy side before we reached the dock.
And I'm sure this probably had a significant effect on your overall feelings about that evening.

While the show was funny and the food not terrible. The price of the show plus the effort to get there makes it a One and Done thing.
I can definitely see that.

DH and I ended up feeling like our seats were almost TOO close to the action.
And I can definitely see that too. Being eye level with the performers knees... from 5 feet away. Yeah, that would make it difficult to watch the show.

Which park do we go to first and what is our first attraction there?
EPCOT - Nemo

Where do we end up eating lunch?
Sunshine Seasons

Quiz answers - Epcot, living with the land, sunshine seasons

I'm have been waiting to try HDDR (in my phone so much easier then typing it out!) but one reason I haven't is it seems like such a pain to get it! Not my ideal.

I have no information on the hotels but really hope you have a good experinace where ever you decide! Why is it so expensive in general is my question its crazy!!!!

I'm going to say Epcot, Spaceship Earth and Akershus.

Once again, loving Little Miss' t-shirt in this update -- Jesse is simply adorable and it's the perfect shirt for the evening. She's got an awesome Disney wardrobe :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter