“Dreams Come True Momma!” A 2 year old’s first trip ~ May 2015~Complete {NEW TR LINK!}

Your getting a spa day at the Grand Floridian :)
:rolleyes1

I like the idea of Dole Whips for dinner! I could go for it right now actually!!!
If we do it again it would be at Magic Kingdom where you get a full serving, The Flower and garden serving wasn't filling enough.

I agree you are getting spa day at Grand Floridian! I thought you did mention that somewhere. :confused3
:rolleyes1 I might have.

I don't get a point for guessing Figment as well?! Lol. :rotfl2:
I can go back and look but I believe that you had also guessed a few others as well and because I was asking for the number ( just the one ride) I counted your guess as the total number of rides (3 I think?) exceeding the one ride. (I hope that makes sense. LOL:rotfl:)

Love the pic with your feet up and iced! I think the most impressive part is that your DH found ice!! I swear it always seemed to us like the soda machines were out of ice no matter what time of day.
Huh. I don't think we ever had an issue with finding ice.

Whoo hoo! Back in the lead slightly.
For now....:rotfl2::p

I know...I only have the last day left of my report. I am halfway done writing it.
Uh huh! Suuurrreeee........ :rolleyes::rotfl:

I just LOVE how the joy of Little Miss shows in her meet and greet with all the characters. Those pictures you all have of all her interactions are priceless!
She really is a photogenic girl.

I'm going to buck the crowd again (and possible lose my lead in the game!) and say you are having your hair done at Grand Floridian Salon (can't think of the name of it). But more than likely, you are going to a spa...either or both options would be AWESOME!

So you like Figment? I won't hold it against you!!!
:P

A dole whip sounds like a great dinner to me. When in Disney, why not?
My thoughts exactly!

I'll guess spa day at the Grand Floridian, also.

I think it's officially official now.
I'm sucking at the guessing game! :laughing:
Awa you aren't that far behind. You are still fairly close to the top.

Following along
:welcome: Thanks for joining in.

I like the photo with Little Miss squished between you and DH!
:thanks:

Also, a big fan of the Dole Whip for dinner!
When in Disney? Right!

I don't hate Journey In the Imagination - just miss the original ride with the Dream Finder and also wish they opened up more of the pavilion and had more to do (the upstairs area)
I love Figment himself and the song more than the actual version of the ride. The old one was better.

Good idea. I hate it because it means I'm totally wrong, but a good idea.
:rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:

I think this might be the only TR where I've ever seen this referred to as one of someone's favorite rides! I like Figment more than most, but I definitely like the original version more than this one. Anyway... I'm glad that she enjoyed riding it with you!
I love Figment himself and the song more than the actual version of the ride. The old one was better.

Well, that was nice of him. Nothing like kicking back and relaxing with a snack.
::yes:: I'm a lucky gal with a great husband!

Since I clearly suck at this game, I'll just go with the consensus and say GF Spa for a massage.

Mmmm, I need to try that carrot cake cookie! It was on my list last time and I forgot to get one!
It is very delicious!

Too bad about your scheduling mess up. We have never caught lights motor action either, but it looks fun!
Looks like it won't be meant to be. I'll be kind of surprised if its still there by the time we make it back.

Your speeder bike pics turned out so cute, but I understand your frustration. People sure can see someone taking a picture and should walk around!

Dole whip for dinner, sounds good to me!
When in disney, right?

Your end of the night looks perfect! I would love to be proped up in bed with a strawberry tart anyday!
Pretty darn wonderful really!

Icing down the feet at the end of a glorious WDW day is practically a tradition for our family :) My guess is a spa treatment at the Grand Floridian :)
:rolleyes1 After this night I figured out that if I sucked it up and wore the sneakers it wasn't so bad.

Great update! Dole whips for dinner? Little Miss was living the dream! :rotfl:
I know right?!?

I know the feeling of that rush to get out of Epcot before Illuminations... definitely not a fun feeling! Even though it was a quick night, it seemed to be a really fun one. Also: our original plans were HS morning Epcot night, but we switched to MK! We basically swapped plans! :rotfl:
I have found the better answer to this. You'll see it implemented later in the trip.

I'm jumping on board with the Spa Day at GF answers! :goodvibes

Glad you got some Epcot time in. How special to enjoy a favorite ride with Little Miss!
A favorite moment from the trip.

Mmmm, Dole Whip for dinner, nothing wrong with that.
Little Miss loved it!

Nice Photopass pictures too.

Hmmm, I guess I'll slightly switch up what all the other guesses are and say some sort of foot treatment at the GF spa.

Dole Whip for dinner?? Oh yeah, I'm there! It really is a good thing you can't get those just anywhere. If Dairy Queen had them I'd be there 200+ days a year. :rolleyes1
Nice to switch it up every now and then.

And the Husband of the Year Award goes to……. (5/9/15 Part 1)

Those that read through my PTR will remember that I had detailed notes on our itineraries for each day. I had shared these with DH in advance and made sure he knew what we were doing when. Well DH decided to take that information and use it to his advantage and schedule a surprise for me for Mother’s Day. All I had been told leading up to the day was I had multiple appointments scheduled and that I needed to go to the Grand for them. The Night before I was given the info that I would want to wear my sandals and that I would need to check in around 9:30ish am at the Spa at the Grand Floridian.

So I set my alarm and was out the door around 8am. I decided that there wasn’t a better way to start the day than with my extra Carrot Cake Cookie.

20150509_080222_zpsgoql7c0n.jpg

Since this was a Mother’s day treat and using the buses would require getting involved with Disney Transportation during Rope Drop rush I decided to treat myself and just take a taxi straight there. This ended up being a great decision. And it got me there in less than 15 minutes. It cost $12 + Tip. So worth it!

Because I got there so fast I wasn’t in a big hurry to check in and moseyed my way over. And quickly discovered that as pretty as the Grand Floridian was at night it might be argued that it’s even better in the morning light!

20150509_082810_zpscsuomsvr.jpg

As I checked in I was told that I was scheduled for a Manicure and a Pedicure (two separate appointments) and was invited back to use the amenities while I waited. They gave me a robe and off I went.

20150509_083941_zpsh4ohutlz.jpg

Those robes!!! I want one! I was feeling pampered already! It was so peaceful and quite. It was wonderful!

20150509_085355_zpsargmiirr.jpg

20150509_084758_zps87gocruw.jpg

I soon found the wet room and had it all to myself. Those heated loungers were wonderful and the whirlpool was AMAZING! I spent about 45 minutes just soaking and lounging and relaxing in there until I got to the verge of being overheated and left to sit in the recliners to wait for my turn.

I’ll say this, the price of it may come with a bit of sticker shock ($141.75 after a discount from booking a package) right away but it is so beyond worth it. I have never had any Mani Pedi experience come anywhere near that. DisDads take note, if you want to do something special for your wife on your next trip, this is SO the way to do it. ::yes:: :wizard:I was one VERY pampered Noodle when I left.:littleangel:

20150509_121129_zps7gx8ghqa.jpg

Soon I found my way back to POR via the Magic Kingdom bus stop and met DH and Little Miss in the food Court (* I may have caught a glimpse of a familiar face in the food court by chance was one of you there around the same time we were?) for some lunch and then swimming and nap time.

****Bonus Question Time****

What two “animals” do we come across on our evening adventures? (Hint one was fun to see, one got really annoying really quickly!)

Trip Report Game Points

@NJlauren - 2 pts;1 for answer, 1 bonus for first correct answer

@Dugette - – 2pt; 1pt right answer, 1 bonus for pedi

@Li Li – 1pt right answer

@annie170 – 1pt right answer

@afwdwfan – 1pt right answer

@BlvInMagic – 1pt right answer

@princessesandpascal – 1pt right answer

Totals:

Dugette – 21

Cajunfan – 20

Princessesandpascal – 19

annie170 – 14

Vleeth – 11

BibbitybobityLu – 9

Pkondz – 9

NJLauren - 8

Kadrachb – 7

BlvInMagic – 7

Loves The Mouse – 6

Afwdwfan – 6

ashw100 – 5

Mdsouth – 4

So my photobook arrived today. Unfortunately the print job is quite sloppy and cuts off text in some parts and printed pages off center in others.:mad::furious::mad: DH is calling Shutterfly today to talk with customer service and we shall see what happens.

I am so beyond pissed right now. According to the service rep the center of the layout is not guaranteed to lay exactly in the center. My only options they give me is to completely start from scratch or get a full refund and go somewhere else. (And redo the book for lay flat pages)

giphy.gif

Okay I fell super way behind there!! :faint:
But I am all caught up and I'm really going to (try) and keep up this time!!
::yes::

Ooh La La! :cutie: Love your mani/pedi!

****Bonus Question Time****

What two “animals” do we come across on our evening adventures? (Hint one was fun to see, one got really annoying really quickly!)

Okay I'm down to sixth place! :sad2: So I need to get back some points!

Hmm...you put animals in air quotes...
:scratchin...does that mean real animals...or character animals???

Okay I will say...a turtle (fun) and a bird (annoying)...both real...or not...I remember how panicky and indecisive I get at this game!
:rotfl:

I am so beyond pissed right now. According to the service rep the center of the layout is not guaranteed to lay exactly in the center. My only options they give me is to completely start from scratch or get a full refund and go somewhere else. (And redo the book for lay flat pages)

giphy.gif

Oh man that sucks! :sad2:

giphy.gif

This is HORRIBLE :sad2: I would be pissed!!!! Can you adjust what you've already done to make it work? Will they give that for free??? Ugh I can't even

First, kudos to DH for your great spa day. You definitely have a good one there.

And I can't believe Shutterfly isn't taking care of the book. I ordered one once that had some small smudges on the cover and they sent me a new one with no questions asked. Sounds like maybe they aren't so liberal with that anymore. Hope you can get it resolved.

First, isn't that spa heavenly?? My DH also surprised me with a mani/pedi there, and it was great! Yay for awesome husbands!

Um, for animals, I'll say the crocodiles (or is it alligators?) statues that are playing musical instruments on sidewalk area and a squirrel?

Also, so sorry about the shutterfly situation. That is enraging! If you see a layout on your computer, then you expect the finished product to be that way!!

Oh man, I am super disappointed to hear about Disney Jr. Live. Did you happen to sit in the front? Maybe the dancing is allowed more in the back?

What a great mother's day gift!

Coming in a bit tardy to the party but I'm here too! Little Miss is precious and her smile is absolutely contagious! :lovestruc The spa sounds wonderful; I was relaxed just reading about it! I'm sorry about the Shutterfly situation. After all that work, that's the last thing anyone wants to deal with :sad2:

what a wonderful day for you ... and $114 for a happy wife is MORE than worth it!!! ;) and when you figure on Mother's day a nice bouquet of flowers can be like $40 or more, it really isn't bad. Glad you enjoyed it so much and props to your husband for making it a bit of a surprise

so sorry to hear about your shutterfly book .... those are not quick to put together so to not be happy with the end result is just terrible. Hope things work out and while a pain might be worth the effort to get your money back and get a book somewhere else that you are happy with

Wow what a nice hubby :thumbsup2. What a great way to start the day. I'm sorry about your photo book, that makes me worried for mine because I just finished it and am waiting on a good deal to order. Curious about about the two animals, I'm thinking bird and squirrel.

Catching up!
Little Miss's R2D2 shirt is super cute! Why don't they make adult sizes for those!! I would totally get one.

You evening at Epcot looked great! I did think the food in the France booth was not very exciting, but the bakery on the other hand...leave me in there and I'm a happy camper!
Cute pp pics! I'm glad little miss enjoyed Figment as well!

Dole whips for dinner = happy me! :dogdance:
although I'd probably have a real meal in addition...:lmao:

You are one lucky gal!! What a wonderful morning at the spa! Your nails looked really good! Do they do designs too? Like polka-dots or something? I always wondered and think it would be a real moneymaker for them if Disney offered nail designs.

How sweet that your DH scheduled that appointment for you! Sounds like it was a perfect gift to be so relaxed and pampered in the middle of your Disney trip.

Hmmm, I'll say dog (Pluto) and ducks (real ones, not Donald).

So sorry about your photobook! Ugh, those things are so time-consuming to make, I can't imagine the disappointment of it not being printed right. I hope you can find a good solution.

What an awesome husband to surprise you with a little pampering! A carrot cake cookie sounds like an ideal breakfast to me.

Animal guesses... a character such as Mickey or Chip and Dale. Annoying animal? Bird? Squirrel? Duck?

Was planning to get to responses today but ended up spending all of last night tending to a Sick little miss and a trip to the ER this morning.:crazy2: Luckily it was just a case of croup and the meds the er gave her have already kicked in and making her feel significantly better. I'll try to get to them tomorrow but it may be tuesday before I can get to them. DH has to go in for a tooth extraction on Monday! :crazy2: Can't say my life is boring at least. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter