“Dreams Come True Momma!” A 2 year old’s first trip ~ May 2015~Complete {NEW TR LINK!}

Gracefulskinny

DIS Veteran
“Dreams Come True Momma!”
A 2 year old’s first trip ~ May 2015

MK_MSFIRSTA_7318313673_zpsnqywp9lv.jpeg

Greetings all! For those that have followed over from my PTR :welcome:! For all the new folks joining us :welcome: to you as well! The dates for this trip were initially picked for the purpose of getting Little Miss as close to her 3rd birthday as possible without reaching into summer crowds and heat. :sunny: Once it was determined that May would be the best time to go I quickly latched onto the idea of getting a mother’s day in Disney world and from there the rest was history. We were there May 6th-May 15th. As for the story behind the Trip Report Title, you'll have to wait for that. So who are we you ask?

MK_MSUPTOWNJL_7304690411_zps9nqiycou.jpeg

Well we've got Little Miss, our almost 3 year old cutie that is quite the social butterfly, has no comprehension of the word stranger and loves all things Disney and Disney Junior with a special love for Doc McStuffins and the princesses. Prepare yourself for Many and Frequent wardrobe changes. Those who read my Pre-trip report know I figured how to make bows and at final count we ended up with over 30 bows for our 10 day trip! Her favorite characters on this trip ended up surprising us a little. Her Favorite ride was most definitely the carousel with Figment up there as well. :figment:(I’m so proud!)

MK_TOMRLD1_7309468062_zpss6yguu2v.jpeg

Next we have my wonderful DH who on rare occasions can be found here on the disboards under the name PirateFuzzball. Definitely not a full Disney Nerd I have been slowly converting him throughout our marriage. His favorite Disney stuff is Star Wars (as you may quickly guess biased on his shirt choices.)

20150506_170701_zpsib0wxies.jpg

Last we have me! A Stay- at- Home Mommy Disney Nerd that spent a few years of my childhood taking Disney for granted but found myself missing it dearly once we moved away and day trips were no longer possible. There has always been something special about Disney that has held a place in my heart and I have always dreamed and longed for the day that I could share it with my own daughter. In many ways this trip was a dream come true for me. (But that isn’t where the trip report title came from, you will have to wait till our last park day for that.)

The plan going in was simple. After our adult only trip in 2013 (trip report link found in my signature) DH and I found that to comfortably tour the parks we really needed to build in a rest day after every two park days. So while our trip was a 10 day trip we decided to stick to 6 day park hoppers. And I have to say, having the park hoppers made planning SO much easier. ::yes:: So how did building in so much rest time effect our touring? You will have to follow along to find out!

Yay! I was hoping you were going to start your TR soon! I lurked on your PTR and am so looking forward to hearing about your trip! Your DD is adorable! ::yes::

Joining in! Excited to hear about how your trip went! And to see all those wardrobe changes!

I'm here! Can't wait to hear more about the trip! I kept an eye out for you ...sorry we never met up!

Lynn

Here! It's too bad we never crossed paths but I am so excited to read about your adventures :goodvibes That picture of Little Miss with Tinkerbell in her hands is so cute!

Yay! I was hoping you were going to start your TR soon! I lurked on your PTR and am so looking forward to hearing about your trip! Your DD is adorable! ::yes::
:welcome: Glad you could join me!
Joining in! Can't wait to hear all about it! :Pinkbounc
I can't wait to share! There were quite a few magical moments this trip! pixiedust:

Joining in! Excited to hear about how your trip went! And to see all those wardrobe changes!
Most of the wardrobe changes are from Little MIss. Though amazingly she didn't use every outfit we brought.

I'm here! Can't wait to hear more about the trip! I kept an eye out for you ...sorry we never met up!

Lynn
It is a bummer that it didn't work out. you'll see why we ended up switching that day when we get into the TR. There is a bit of a story attached to it. :sad2:

I'm here; off to watch oldest son coach so will catch up over the weekend
:wave2: Have fun watching your son.

Here! It's too bad we never crossed paths but I am so excited to read about your adventures :goodvibes That picture of Little Miss with Tinkerbell in her hands is so cute!
It is a bummer that we never ran into each other. The cuteness is just getting started! Just wait! :cutie:

I can't wait to read your trip report! I loved the PTR! I even purchased that beauty and the beast shirt for our trip coming up in September ~ after seeing yours I just had to have to one! Lol I am curious about how the stroller identifier you made worked out and the benefits of the park hoppers. And we'll just about everything else too

Just found this and joining in. I'm about to take two 2 3/4 year olds in the June heat.
I have to admire 30 bows. If we took 30, we'd return with 3.

The dates for this trip were initially picked for the purpose of getting Little Miss as close to her 3rd birthday as possible without reaching into summer crowds and heat. :sunny: Once it was determined that May would be the best time to go I quickly latched onto the idea of getting a mother’s day in Disney world and from there the rest was history.

Soooo...... "Let's do it for Little Miss's birthday!"
"It's close to Mother's Day too."
"Who cares about her birthday! IT'S MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!"

Absolutely wonderful picture of her!!! :goodvibes
If that doesn't capture Disney Magic, I don't know what does!

Prepare yourself for Many and Frequent wardrobe changes.

Hang on.

Just a sec.

One more second.

Okay, I'm ready.
Go ahead.

Her favorite characters on this trip ended up surprising us a little.

Oh? This should be interesting.

Her Favorite ride was most definitely the carousel with Figment up there as well.

What is it with that ride?
My DDs when they were 4 & 8, that was their favourite too!

There has always been something special about Disney that has held a place in my heart and I have always dreamed and longed for the day that I could share it with my own daughter.

I know that feeling well.

Looking forward to reading all about it! :)

Yay! So excited you are starting this! I'm not sure yet if I will do a trip report for our trip. I have to finish the report for our last trip first!

Hi. I can't wait to read all about it. Little Miss definitely looks like she's having a great time in the first couple of pictures!

Joining in! Your DD is super cute and seems to be enjoying herself. Also love your DH's BttF/DrWho shirt.

I think being there for Mother's day for your first trip with your first child makes a ton of sense.

We also try to build in one non-park day - just to rest/regroups and do some resort hoping, etc. Hope it worked out for you.

I can't wait to read your trip report! I loved the PTR! I even purchased that beauty and the beast shirt for our trip coming up in September ~ after seeing yours I just had to have to one! Lol I am curious about how the stroller identifier you made worked out and the benefits of the park hoppers. And we'll just about everything else too
:wave2: Glad to have you! I'll talk more about the stroller locator throughout the TR but the Stroller locator (while in need of some minor tweaking in its construction) worked like a dream and many who saw it wished they had done something similar. I even had a few people assume I got the idea for it off of Pinterest. If you decide to make one. Go for sparkles and glitter over the glow in the dark paint. Even once it got dark the low lighting made the sparkles shine out more than the glow ever did. As for the Park Hoppers, As far as planning goes I just found that the pressure to pick the right park plans the first time and the feeling of being locked into our schedule goes away with the park hoppers. They give you more freedom of movement.

Just found this and joining in. I'm about to take two 2 3/4 year olds in the June heat.
I have to admire 30 bows. If we took 30, we'd return with 3.
:wave2: Hi there! :welcome: Thanks for Joining in. As far as the bows go, Little MIss has always been very good about keeping them in.

Joining in! Looking forward to reading all about the trip.:bounce:
:wave2: Looking forward to sharing!

Yay! So excited you are starting this! I'm not sure yet if I will do a trip report for our trip. I have to finish the report for our last trip first!
:wave2: Hi there! THanks for joining in! I am looking forward to sharing the magic as well.

I'm here from the Land pavilion while eating my treat from Sunshine Seasons! Will be on more when I'm back :)
:wave2: Hi there! Yay you got your Brownie! :yay: Enjoy the rest of your trip!!

Hi. I can't wait to read all about it. Little Miss definitely looks like she's having a great time in the first couple of pictures!
:wave2: Hi there! Little Miss had an amazing time.

Joining in! Your DD is super cute and seems to be enjoying herself. Also love your DH's BttF/DrWho shirt.

I think being there for Mother's day for your first trip with your first child makes a ton of sense.

We also try to build in one non-park day - just to rest/regroups and do some resort hoping, etc. Hope it worked out for you.
:wave2: Hi there! Thanks for Joining in! Little Miss was pretty much in heaven the whole trip! And that would be DH's "It Came Out of Nowhere" shirt from Shirt.Woot.com. (Most of his shirts come from there.)

And it really added a layer of specialness to both the trip and to Mother's day itself.

Soooo...... "Let's do it for Little Miss's birthday!"
"It's close to Mother's Day too."
"Who cares about her birthday! IT'S MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!"
More like, we need to get Little Miss to Disney World while she is still free. Lets do it as close to her birthday as possible! Eww yuck End of June crowds, heat, and rain:crazy2:. Lets get as close to that as possible and stay in the low crowd time frame. Hmm looks like that means early May. Ooo MOTHER'S DAY IT IS! :thumbsup2:rotfl:

Absolutely wonderful picture of her!!! :goodvibes
If that doesn't capture Disney Magic, I don't know what does!
They get better. It was hard to choose her picture for the intro.

Hang on.

Just a sec.

One more second.

Okay, I'm ready.
Go ahead.
:rotfl::rotfl2::lmao: Well then, as long as your ready!:thumbsup2

Oh? This should be interesting.
Well, you know how Two year olds are. Always keeping you on your toes.

What is it with that ride?
My DDs when they were 4 & 8, that was their favourite too!
What Figment? :figment: Its just a fun and awesome ride. ::yes:: What's not to love about it? Her love of the carousel? :confused3

I know that feeling well.

Looking forward to reading all about it! :)
Thanks for joining in!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter