“Dreams Come True Momma!” A 2 year old’s first trip ~ May 2015~Complete {NEW TR LINK!}

The cake turned out wonderfully! Way to use your imagination! :figment: :-) We saw Inside Out this past week and really liked it. Glad it was enjoyable for y'all!

Too bad your original tower fell down! It looked great! But I think you covered it well! :thumbsup2

I'm glad Little Miss loved her "Punzel" cake! :rotfl: So cute!

I remember (okay I don't remember, remember but my brother and mother so love to remind me!) for my third birthday my mom made me a Cindy cake. (Like Barbie but less classy! :rotfl:) It was so pretty she iced this pink ball gown around one of my dolls. But in my silly little 3 year old mind I was just super mad that my mom had ruined one of my Cindy's and I shouted, the now infamous phase in my household, "Don't you ever do that to my Cindy again!" before throwing a huge tantrum! Sorry mom! :lmao:

So Little Miss is a much better kid than I ever was! :rotfl2:

You see, it turns out that rice cakes (What I used as the main structure of Rapunzel's tower) loose their structural integrity when exposed to the moisture of the fridge and freezer.

Did not know that. That's good info for future reference!

I still had the castle pieces left over from that cake so I grabbed one of the tower's and slapped it over the hole from the original (and much better) tower and piped new vines on it.

Looks pretty darned good! Especially considering you had to think up something last second.

The next day we took Little Miss to her first movie at a Movie theater to see Inside Out.

Your theatre has recliners and swing arm tables????

:faint:

You must have been surprised to see what happened to the tower in the morning!! Ugh...now that you solved it though I can't help but laugh! You handled it amazingly well! I would have freaked out...well ....especially since I'm too chicken to attempt such a complex cake anyway lol.

That movie theatre is awesome!! There is one like it near my parents' place in South Florida and we always make a point of seeing a movie there every time even if it is something we aren't that enthused about...just for those seats and tables...the one we go to even has airplane pillows and blankets! Little Miss looked so cute at the theatre...and what a perfect movie. We saw that last week too and loved it!

Hope Little Miss had a wonderful birthday celebration! :bday:

I think you did a great job of improvising to save the cake! :cake:

And what an awesome looking movie theater! I really need to see that movie; seems like everyone loves it!

The cake turned out wonderfully! Way to use your imagination! :figment: :-)
:thanks: Little MIss enjoyed it for sure!

We saw Inside Out this past week and really liked it. Glad it was enjoyable for y'all!
Such a fun movie!

Too bad your original tower fell down! It looked great! But I think you covered it well! :thumbsup2
I know!:sad1: I'm just glad I went ahead and got pictures of it the night before. I kinda had a feeling it might.

I'm glad Little Miss loved her "Punzel" cake! :rotfl: So cute!
I got so many thank yous for doing that.

I remember (okay I don't remember, remember but my brother and mother so love to remind me!) for my third birthday my mom made me a Cindy cake. (Like Barbie but less classy! :rotfl:) It was so pretty she iced this pink ball gown around one of my dolls. But in my silly little 3 year old mind I was just super mad that my mom had ruined one of my Cindy's and I shouted, the now infamous phase in my household, "Don't you ever do that to my Cindy again!" before throwing a huge tantrum! Sorry mom! :lmao:

So Little Miss is a much better kid than I ever was! :rotfl2:
:rotfl2:

Did not know that. That's good info for future reference!
Took a few failed attempts before I figured it out myself.

Looks pretty darned good! Especially considering you had to think up something last second.
:thanks: I was glad to pull that one off as well as I did!

Your theatre has recliners and swing arm tables????

:faint:
And reserved seating. You pick your seats when you buy your tickets. We drive a little further to go to these theaters. (There are 3 different ones near us) I've been spoiled and don't think I can go to an ordinary theater after that.

You must have been surprised to see what happened to the tower in the morning!!
My gut kinda told me something might happen. I'm glad I got pictures the night before.

Ugh...now that you solved it though I can't help but laugh! You handled it amazingly well! I would have freaked out...well ....especially since I'm too chicken to attempt such a complex cake anyway lol.
I said nothing about not freaking out. I assure you that major freakouts were had. Accidental Fbombs where thrown before I threw in the towel and slapped the other tower on top. :rotfl::rotfl2:

That movie theatre is awesome!! There is one like it near my parents' place in South Florida and we always make a point of seeing a movie there every time even if it is something we aren't that enthused about...just for those seats and tables...the one we go to even has airplane pillows and blankets! Little Miss looked so cute at the theatre...and what a perfect movie. We saw that last week too and loved it!
Love those theaters. THey have spoiled me for sure!

Hope Little Miss had a wonderful birthday celebration! :bday:
:thanks: She did.

I think you did a great job of improvising to save the cake! :cake:
:thanks: I'm glad I was able to make something work. a full Tim Gunn moment for sure! :rotfl2:

And what an awesome looking movie theater! I really need to see that movie; seems like everyone loves it!
We drive a little further to go to these theaters. (There are 3 different ones near us) I've been spoiled and don't think I can go to an ordinary theater after that.

The new cake tower turned out wonderfully! And I have to say. It is amazing that Little Miss looks so much more "grown up" in the birthday pictures than the trip pictures...how can that be??? It's only been a few weeks!

Lynn

The new cake tower turned out wonderfully! And I have to say. It is amazing that Little Miss looks so much more "grown up" in the birthday pictures than the trip pictures...how can that be??? It's only been a few weeks!

Lynn
Never underestimate the power of a growth spurt. ::yes:: This kid can literally change overnight! :rotfl::rotfl2::lmao::sad1:

Happy Birthday to Little Miss!!!!!! Your cake turned out great. I have absolutely no baking skills, so major props from me ; )

Tale as old as Time

So leaving our Ariel meet we found ourselves just a minute or two behind schedule. We hurried over towards our next stop. Our plans had us seeing Gaston next, but when we got over there his line was already closed. :headache: While it was a bit of a letdown, (we never did get back over to see him.) it wasn’t a pointless trip over there because Gaston’s Meet and greet area was right there by the bathroom’s and Little miss needed a bit of a wardrobe change before our next attraction.

After we had our potty break we were all feeling a bit hungry so we stopped in Gaston’s Tavern to spilt a Cinnamon Roll and a Lefew’s Brew. We were anxious to see for ourselves what all the fuss was about.

20150507_101826_zps2z7xqaxk.jpg

Let me first say, this roll is huge! Notice that it is the same size as Little Miss’s Head! :earseek: The roll while tasty seemed a tad unimpressive otherwise and I doubt that DH or I would make it a priority snack again.

As for the Lefew’s Brew…. :crazy2: I really can’t say I’m a fan. Yuck! The flavors just don’t work well for me. I didn’t take more than a few sips. Little Miss and DH liked it though.

After our snack we decided to stop again at the Be Our Guest Photopass Spot since Little Miss was now in her Belle Dress.

MK_BELLEVILLAGEBRIDGEICONNC_7300344120_zpsxruyoqja.jpeg

MK_BELLEVILLAGEBRIDGEICONNC_7300344123_zpsicobzrvq.jpeg

MK_BELLEVILLAGEBRIDGEICONNC_7318294184_zpsnhqt2u9u.jpeg

MK_BELLEVILLAGEBRIDGEICONNC_7318297493_zpsjnssesop.jpeg

After that we found our way to Enchanted Tales with Belle. And I have to say, that DH and I both felt that while the Mirror effect is very impressive and the story kinda cute, this really is a just one and done kinda attraction.

MK_ENCHANTEDTALESBLUE_7314597277_zps1olmm0ey.jpeg

MK_ENCHANTEDTALESBLUE_7314597258_zps350px9ix.jpeg

MK_ENCHANTEDTALESBLUE_7314597291_zpswcyolic4.jpeg

MK_ENCHANTEDTALESBLUE_7314597270_zpspsqhatab.jpeg

MK_ENCHANTEDTALESBLUE_7314600450_zpsxibniran.jpeg

I really don’t like how in order to watch Little Miss DH and I ended up separated and then instead of letting DH join Little Miss and I up front (Little Miss got selected to play Philippe) the CMs made him sit many rows back and allowed a rather rude couple to forcibly shove themselves on to the bench beside me where there was only enough space for one. :mad::furious: This couple had no children preforming and were not interested in getting any pictures. They then also cut DH off from us again while we were trying to leave. It was all I could do to bite my tongue and not say anything to them.

Unless Little Miss Insists on doing this one again I think we will skip it next time.

***Bonus Time!***

~ What Land/Area are we headed to next?

~Who do we see when we get there?

Trip Report Game Points

@annie170 – 4 points; 1 for the FP, 1 for Lefew’s brew, 1 for cinnamon roll, 1 bonus first full answer

@BibbitybobityLu – 3 points; 1 for FP, 1 for Lefew’s Brew, 1 for Cinnamon roll

@kadrachb – 2 points; 2 for mostly correct answer

@cajunfan – 2 points for mostly correct answer

@ashw100 – 2 points for mostly correct answer

@NJlauren – 1 point partial correct answer

@Dugette - 1 point partial correct answer

@Loves The Mouse – 1 point partial correct answer

Totals:

Cajunfan – 6

NJLauren - 6

BibbitybobityLu – 6

Afwdwfan – 5

annie170 – 4

Kadrachb – 4

Pkondz – 3

ashw100 – 2

Princessesandpascal – 1

Loves The Mouse – 1

Dugette – 1

That cinnamon roll looked massive!! Sorry it wasn't all that...it's on my list to try...and so is the brew...we shall see how hungry we are though because...huge. You got such cute pictures. Sorry about the space hogs at ITWB. I am torn about whether to do this one again too...my DD liked it but could probably skip it..but she did say she would have liked it more if she got a bigger "part" in the show...so who knows...but then..if she didn't it might not be worth the time...or the FP+ usage. I love little miss' dress...so cute as always!

Sorry things weren't really going your way, between missing Gaston, not loving the snack, and not having a great time at the attraction. I agree about Enchanted Tales with Belle, though. We did it back on Izzy's first trip (14 months old) and it was not fun at all. We didn't participate and it didn't hold her attention - we couldn't wait to get out. That said, I'd consider going back when she's older and could maybe participate. Little Miss looks very happy in those pictures with Belle - cute! :lovestruc

For the contest, I have to go with Pete's Silly Sideshow/Storybook Circus and meeting Daisy and Minnie.

As for the Lefew’s Brew…. :crazy2: I really can’t say I’m a fan. Yuck! The flavors just don’t work well for me. I didn’t take more than a few sips.
We tried it this year too. Waaaayyy too sweet. I mean, I'm a sucker for sweets.. but that stuff... ick.

And I have to say, that DH and I both felt that while the Mirror effect is very impressive and the story kinda cute, this really is a just one and done kinda attraction.
I loved the mirror effect! I was memorized by it, and my boyfriend was just like... "okay...?" :(

~ What Land/Area are we headed to next?

~Who do we see when we get there?

I think you'll head for the circus, and you'll either meet Daisy/Minnie or Goofy/Donald

That cinnamon roll is huge! I really liked the LeFou's Brew, I wasn't crazy about the foam, so I would ask for it without the foam next time.

Cute pics of Little Miss with Belle. I feel the same about the Enchanted Tales with Belle, the Mirror effect was really cool but I don't feel the need to see it again unless I have a kid with me who insists on seeing it.

Cute pics. I loved the LeFou's Brew! I thought about getting the cinnamon roll, but the day we stopped there, we had plans for dinner at Ohana. I just don't see me doing this experience either unless I happen to bring another princess along that insists on it.

I need to work on the next two days of my report. I have been slacking lately! LOL!

Ok, my guesses are: (I have two):

1: Liberty Square area, and you meet Tiana
2: Princess Fairytale Hall area and you meet Rapunzel/Cinderella and Anna/Elsa

Lynn

Our plans had us seeing Gaston next, but when we got over there his line was already closed.

Too bad.
But I think he does best with older kids/young adults.

Let me first say, this roll is huge! Notice that it is the same size as Little Miss’s Head!

Wow! That thing's huge?
Did the three of you put together manage to eat it all?

The roll while tasty seemed a tad unimpressive otherwise and I doubt that DH or I would make it a priority snack again.

Tasty but unimpressive don't usually go hand in hand.
I'd read only one other comment on it and don't recall what it was!

I don't know if I'll ever try one.
I love them, but man, that thing is huge!

As for the Lefew’s Brew…. :crazy2: I really can’t say I’m a fan. Yuck! The flavors just don’t work well for me. I didn’t take more than a few sips. Little Miss and DH liked it though.

I'm hearing more and more people who aren't fans.
I was more or less.... "Meh" about it.

You got the Chip picture!

Awww... That's a cute pic.

I really don’t like how in order to watch Little Miss DH and I ended up separated and then instead of letting DH join Little Miss and I up front (Little Miss got selected to play Philippe) the CMs made him sit many rows back and allowed a rather rude couple to forcibly shove themselves on to the bench beside me where there was only enough space for one.

I don't get this. How/why were you split up?
I didn't notice any of that when I went.
Then again, I wasn't looking for it either.

They then also cut DH off from us again while we were trying to leave.

Again, how did that happen?

What Land/Area are we headed to next?

Storybook Circus?

Who do we see when we get there?

Goofy?

IDK about that cinnamon roll - bigger isn't always better. :confused3 Sorry about your experience with the rude people. Our trips have always just been DH and I, and we normally stay towards the back so that families with kiddo's can experience the magic together. I hope that was the last you saw of those people! pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter