“Dreams Come True Momma!” A 2 year old’s first trip ~ May 2015~Complete {NEW TR LINK!}

So even after waiting for 40 minutes, you might not have even gotten on the bus!
::yes:: So it was just a mass of clustered disorganized people waiting for a bus every minute that went by more and more people packed into the wait area every minute that went by without a bus the more frustrated everyone in the mob got. This happened repeatedly.

Ugh, that sounds like such a pain with the bus and then for the customer service person to not even show much sympathy? Like, you thought the transportation as a benefit of stayin site - if there is an issue CMs should be jumping to fix it. I don't expect everything to be perfect but if something is off I expect CMs to show some compassion and do what they can. Feels like something Walt would be none to happy about *rant over*

Bummer about no photo pass photographers- always felt that was a bonus of the pre-park opening ADR. On the plus side you did got a ton of cut pictures of Little Miss - she is rocking those shades!

Just caught up and I have to say I love the idea of two park days and a day off. We did four straight full park days in February with no breaks in the middle of the day. Our feet felt like they were about to fall off after about two days. It looks like you had an amazing trip and it look like Little Miss had a great first trip :sunny::rainbow:

Add in that the pizza was worlds better than the infamous personal pizzas that are known for their poor mediocrity and DH and I were very quick to agree we would do it again.
That does look pretty decent. I actually like the Disney pizza, in general. I mean, no, it isn't great. But it isn't all that bad. This does look like a considerable step up though.

20150512_154904_zpsxerksbnx.jpg
I love this picture.

Towards the end of the meal DH had decided to try the infamous Lapu Lapu. I’m not a big alcohol fan and can only give it a review of STRONG! I have asked DH his thoughts and his opinion is that it is a pretty drink that Disney could probably get away with charging a bit more for but thankfully they don’t.
Awesome! I'm glad he enjoyed it. I plan to try one in January!

Once on the boat dock we ended up catching the full of the Electrical Water Pageant. It made for a fun bonus and end to the night.
Definitely a nice bonus to end the night!

We weren’t the only ones who did this there were a few families in the same boat. Soon we were on our way to the Contemporary (the closest you can get to MK in a Taxi). The taxi wasn’t bad, it ended up costing about $13 +tip

With such little faith in any form of Disney Transportation left this morning we decided to take the walkway over and I have to say, it’s a pleasant and pretty walk. And really not bad. Pretty much the same distance as if you had walked from the POR bus stop. From the pictures I have of the pathway, the walk only took about 10 minutes.
Yuck. This stinks. But I'm glad you decided to bail on the bus and got to try out the path from the Contemporary.

The person who talked with him on the phone clearly had no care. She repeatedly stating that it is recommended to be at the bus stop an Hour and Half beforehand (we regularly stuck with a 2 hour window) and said if we wanted anything else done we would have to talk with the resort manager.
This is just absurd. There is no reason you should have to be at the bus stop an HOUR AND A HALF before when you're paying their premium for staying onsite to begin with.

This is a big reason why we tend to just drive to the parks a lot of the time.

Where is our ADR at?
CP

What is our First Ride afterwards?
Peter Pan

Ugh, that sounds like such a pain with the bus and then for the customer service person to not even show much sympathy? Like, you thought the transportation as a benefit of stayin site - if there is an issue CMs should be jumping to fix it. I don't expect everything to be perfect but if something is off I expect CMs to show some compassion and do what they can. Feels like something Walt would be none to happy about *rant over*
That is exactly how we felt at the time.

Bummer about no photo pass photographers- always felt that was a bonus of the pre-park opening ADR. On the plus side you did got a ton of cut pictures of Little Miss - she is rocking those shades!
That we did!

This has been such a great trip report and your daughter is so cute!!
:thanks: Glad you are enjoying it!

Just caught up and I have to say I love the idea of two park days and a day off. We did four straight full park days in February with no breaks in the middle of the day. Our feet felt like they were about to fall off after about two days. It looks like you had an amazing trip and it look like Little Miss had a great first trip :sunny::rainbow:
building in a rest day seems to make all the difference!

That does look pretty decent. I actually like the Disney pizza, in general. I mean, no, it isn't great. But it isn't all that bad. This does look like a considerable step up though.
I'd say its at about costco quality. Pretty decent for the price.

I love this picture.
Its a sweet one for sure.

Awesome! I'm glad he enjoyed it. I plan to try one in January!
Hope you enjoy it!

Definitely a nice bonus to end the night!
::yes::

Yuck. This stinks. But I'm glad you decided to bail on the bus and got to try out the path from the Contemporary.
It was the right call to make.

This is just absurd. There is no reason you should have to be at the bus stop an HOUR AND A HALF before when you're paying their premium for staying onsite to begin with.

This is a big reason why we tend to just drive to the parks a lot of the time.
Part of why we are seriously considering driving in March.

:scratchin

Peter Pan
:scratchin

I was going to try to get an update done this morning however I was just given the news that the appraiser slacked off and sent in the documents incorrectly this morning and we now have to move our close date to the 16th. (Though even that could change) This means that the best I can hope for at this point is at best the moving truck coming 7 days before Christmas. I can see my hopes and dreams at being settled in my house and getting to do my christmas traditions going out in smoke. Not a chance in hell I can get settled and get a tree up and bake my favorite christmas cookies in time. I'm not even sure I get a tree this year with this time frame. :sad::furious::sad:

1eba352e39131d605e9e361c945edc27.jpg

Yuck. I'm sorry things aren't working out more favorably. You can always do Christmas cookies though.

Don't let it get you down too much. My parents built a new house one year and we were hoping to move in before Christmas. Our first night in the house ended up being Christmas Eve and we were sleeping on the floor in sleeping bags.

And yes, we had a Christmas tree!

My mom actually put it up and decorated it while they were still in the process of laying carpet and finishing the trim work.

I know it is a different situation for you, but if you close a few days before Christmas, you can at least get a Christmas tree up and make it feel like Christmas even if you don't have time to fully move in an unpack. Just try to stay positive and make the best of it. Either way, you're going to spend Christmas with your family and move into a new home. It's an exciting time! :thumbsup2

Sorry to hear the news about the house, but hopefully things work out and you are fully closed and in the new house prior to Christmas ... even if not the full blown decorations, etc. you can definitely celebrate that! And maybe you could bake cookies before you move in and then have them as a housewarming gift to yourself! ;)

And maybe just have a nice, smallish tree and one of the first things you do in the new house is, as a family, decorate it with important ornaments that hold special memories as a bit of a ceremony of brining the old memories into the location of a ton of new memories to come for you

Good luck, and keep your spirits up!

I was going to try to get an update done this morning however I was just given the news that the appraiser slacked off and sent in the documents incorrectly this morning and we now have to move our close date to the 16th. (Though even that could change) This means that the best I can hope for at this point is at best the moving truck coming 7 days before Christmas. I can see my hopes and dreams at being settled in my house and getting to do my christmas traditions going out in smoke. Not a chance in hell I can get settled and get a tree up and bake my favorite christmas cookies in time. I'm not even sure I get a tree this year with this time frame. :sad::furious::sad:

1eba352e39131d605e9e361c945edc27.jpg

Relax. You're getting a new house! That's a big deal!
And even if you only get your tree up on Christmas Eve... that's okay!

Deeeeep breaths! You'll get through this.
At worst, you'll have great stories to tell.

"Remember when we moved in??"

Yay! I knew you'd eventually make it to Ohana! You know I have the same feelings about Ohana not being as good as it used to be. But I still go there because it's tradition and because I love everything Poly. I'm hoping it'll make up for it on our next trip because that's where we're eating on my actual birthday!

What a lovely dress on little miss on your early MK day! I can't believe you made it there so early, but sorry about the bus troubles. Sometimes it is horrendous and I wonder why can't they just install cameras to see how many people are in line for a particular park so they can send something right away. (although I do believe that there are cameras but they don't seem to always be helping!)

Sorry about the house but at least you will be closing soon and that is a relief. I moved into our current house 4 days before Christmas two years ago. LOL. It is what it is and you'll have plenty of Christmases at your house in the future!

I think your breakfast is at Be Our Guest and your first ride is...Astro Orbitors.

So update: Yesterday felt like a ride on tower of terror, and seeing as I hate that ride it's not a good comparison. Late yesterday afternoon the completed appraisal unexpectedly came in. We are now hovering waiting for the clear to close and weren't flat out told no when we asked if that changed things at all. So there is a miniscule sliver of hope that we can get our original close date. Apparently there is some new law in effect that forces a clear to close 10 business days before closing. :crazy2: So we are waiting to hear the magical clear to close (which will be a HUGE relief!) and praying and hoping and crossing fingers that they come back saying that they will still go for the 11th. Prayers and pixie dust please!!!

Yuck. I'm sorry things aren't working out more favorably. You can always do Christmas cookies though.
They may end up being New years cookies but I'm making them at some point.

Don't let it get you down too much. My parents built a new house one year and we were hoping to move in before Christmas. Our first night in the house ended up being Christmas Eve and we were sleeping on the floor in sleeping bags.

And yes, we had a Christmas tree!

My mom actually put it up and decorated it while they were still in the process of laying carpet and finishing the trim work.

I know it is a different situation for you, but if you close a few days before Christmas, you can at least get a Christmas tree up and make it feel like Christmas even if you don't have time to fully move in an unpack. Just try to stay positive and make the best of it. Either way, you're going to spend Christmas with your family and move into a new home. It's an exciting time! :thumbsup2
Ugh I have panic attacks just thinking of that happening. The planner in me isn't doing well with all this uncertainty and being so close to a move date without actually knowing when it is. But you are right, I can find a way to make it happen!

Sorry to hear the news about the house, but hopefully things work out and you are fully closed and in the new house prior to Christmas ... even if not the full blown decorations, etc. you can definitely celebrate that! And maybe you could bake cookies before you move in and then have them as a housewarming gift to yourself! ;)

And maybe just have a nice, smallish tree and one of the first things you do in the new house is, as a family, decorate it with important ornaments that hold special memories as a bit of a ceremony of brining the old memories into the location of a ton of new memories to come for you

Good luck, and keep your spirits up!
:thanks: The planner in me isn't doing well with all this uncertainty and being so close to a move date without actually knowing when it is, but I'm trying.

Relax. You're getting a new house! That's a big deal!
And even if you only get your tree up on Christmas Eve... that's okay!

Deeeeep breaths! You'll get through this.
At worst, you'll have great stories to tell.

"Remember when we moved in??"
The planner in me isn't doing well with all this uncertainty and being so close to a move date without actually knowing when it is. I was hoping this Christmas could be remembered for the magic not the chaos! But your right, either way, it will be memorable! :rotfl2:

All caught up. Really enjoying your TR and your darling daughter.
:thanks:

Sorry you'real having troubles with the new house.
Thank you. It's just the way these things roll when dealing with lenders. :snail:

Yay! I knew you'd eventually make it to Ohana! You know I have the same feelings about Ohana not being as good as it used to be. But I still go there because it's tradition and because I love everything Poly. I'm hoping it'll make up for it on our next trip because that's where we're eating on my actual birthday!
I'm sure it will be magical either way.

What a lovely dress on little miss on your early MK day!
:thanks: That was an etsy find! I kinda wish that I had gone with my gut and ordered her a slightly larger size. It would still fit her if I had.

I can't believe you made it there so early, but sorry about the bus troubles. Sometimes it is horrendous and I wonder why can't they just install cameras to see how many people are in line for a particular park so they can send something right away. (although I do believe that there are cameras but they don't seem to always be helping!)
Cameras aren't needed. One of the sensors in the magicband is a long range rfid sensor. All they would have to do is install long range sensors at the bus stops and it would tell them how many are there. But this story isn't over yet just wait to you hear the rest.

Sorry about the house but at least you will be closing soon and that is a relief. I moved into our current house 4 days before Christmas two years ago. LOL. It is what it is and you'll have plenty of Christmases at your house in the future!
Heck getting the clear to close will be a HUGE relief! The planner in me isn't doing well with all this uncertainty and being so close to a move date without actually knowing when it is. I was hoping this Christmas could be remembered for the magic not the chaos! But you're right, either way, it will be memorable! :rotfl2:

I think your breakfast is at Be Our Guest and your first ride is...Astro Orbitors.
:rolleyes1

Just got all caught up on the last few updates. That Rose & Crown meal/view is great - we will need to get there someday (and hope for that table). Love the video of Little Miss dancing in Epcot - so cute! I didn't know that Mission Space play area was there - I'll have to remember that one. Sorry for the bus transportation issues - glad you thought to get a cab. Interested to hear what more is to come on that.

Good luck with getting the closing on the 11th! :goodvibes

Oh, for the contest, I'll say Crystal Palace and the Magic Carpets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter