“Dreams Come True Momma!” A 2 year old’s first trip ~ May 2015~Complete {NEW TR LINK!}

Awesome! Always nice to have it paid off and watch the days tick down.
Everything certainly feels more real now!

Good luck! I hope they get them for you!
I told DH that if anyone asks I want an extra day of tickets or another day at the Spa since we will be down there. :rotfl: I like to set that expectation bar low apparently! :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

That's great! Now she can ride all of the rides that you're planning to skip anyway!!! :thumbsup2 :rotfl:
:rotfl: True. Unless we get to go to Epcot, then Test Track might become part of the equation.

::yes:: I definitely know the feeling. There are still a lot of must do's, but you just don't feel quite so bad if you can't do them all.
::yes::

Good luck!
Thanks!

Not a bad plan. Too bad you couldn't get better times. It would be nice to have them all done earlier in the day so you can get a 4th FP+ and beyond to do more rides, but you've gotta take what you can get.
It really does work out pretty well when all is said and done though. And fps don't run out as quick at MK. I ended up with some good ones on our last park day.

:wave2: I'm so glad you enjoyed my TR and PTR!

:thanks: Little Miss loves her autograph book. Not only that but it really did create opportunities for great character interaction throughout the trip. I had to be sneaky in gathering it up so I would have it with the stuff for March.

My big advise is to be careful what you put on top of them. THe acrylic sealer I used on the painted bands never 100% dried. Once we got them in the pool they became sticky and picked up all kinds of dirt and junk. I had to strip my black and red one this past weekend because it was so gross. If you stick to the decals alone you should be fine. Little MIss just had a decal and some paint on the mickey head and it was fine the whole trip and is still in good condition for March. If you decide to paint any try dunking them in a pool with chlorine before you leave. That way if they get sticky you have a chance to fix it before you leave.

Thanks! I was wondering if they'd hold up. Good to know about the sealer. I probably would have done the same thing thinking that I was helping it stay on longer.

Before you know it you'll be in single digits again and doing the happy dance! Have fun! I can't wait to hear about Little Miss' new adventures now that she's an old pro. It's funny what they remember. My DS was so upset that he couldn't ride the "Fly over the World" ride (Soarin'). We measured him a few weeks ago and he is tall enough to ride it this trip. Of everything that he has possibly to look forward to, Soarin' is the most talked about, most anticipated thing. lol

At the end of last week we paid off our balance and completed our online check in. We also put in our order for our magic bands and our orders for the decals. There are now only 37 days till our trip, and it has finally hit me that we are actually going back to Disney soon!:hyper:

Coming up fast!

And yes blatant hints to DH and my mother on what I would like have been made

:laughing:

We tried for a better Peter Pan time but this was all we could get

As long as you have one.
Can't not go on PP.

Thanks! I was wondering if they'd hold up. Good to know about the sealer. I probably would have done the same thing thinking that I was helping it stay on longer.
A new word of warning. I have now discovered that magicbands do not like to be fully submerged in nail polish remover for 2 or 3 hours. I tried to clean off the black and red one to prep it for march and while the nail polish worked like a charm it made the magicband hard and brittle and the pegs broke away and the band is now useless. So moral of the story be careful with that nail polish remover when cleaning up paint mistakes.

Before you know it you'll be in single digits again and doing the happy dance! Have fun! I can't wait to hear about Little Miss' new adventures now that she's an old pro. It's funny what they remember. My DS was so upset that he couldn't ride the "Fly over the World" ride (Soarin'). We measured him a few weeks ago and he is tall enough to ride it this trip. Of everything that he has possibly to look forward to, Soarin' is the most talked about, most anticipated thing. lol
Thats one thing I'm really kind of bummed that Little MIss won't be able to ride. She was just a sliver too short last time and I know it's something she would LOVE.

Coming up fast!

As long as you have one.
Can't not go on PP.
Its a ride that Little MIss talks about and remembers most I think. :thumbsup2

Wardrobe:

So for this trip things have been kind of tricky trying to play to the weather. I think I am going with plan for warm with a few layers that can be shed throughout the morning. It seems the safe bet. After all, I don’t hear much about people being cold while they are down there.

The other big wardrobe challenge is such a Mommy problem. The wedding is an evening wedding at a historic golf club. Website for the wedding says Cocktail attire. I really don’t have a bunch of options for cocktail attire that also allow me to bend and move easy. Add in the fact that we are talking about an evening wedding in March and it is a partial outdoor wedding {Ceremony outside} and I just have no clue as to what to plan to wear. I also recently realized that my makeup was at minimum 10 years old:crazy2: and way
overdue for a refresh. I got around to Sephora and had them help me pick out some new makeup.

Here’s what I have figured out for myself:

Day 1:

Option 1:
MK_THEGLADE_7307493877_zps06purcst.jpeg

{Disney up my wardrobe. I will definitely change out the shorts for my more travel comfy yoga capris though. However this may cause issues with her figuring out too soon where we are going.}

Option 2: Plain red shirt with my yoga capris

{This will have the bonus of not calling attention to the fact that its Disney day and I can put on my Minnie ears that will match the outfit once the reveal has been made.}

Day 2:

I can’t decide between

Option 1:
20150324_130801_zpsu6jfluvj.jpg

{Mickey and Minnie Kissing w/ Yoga Capris}

Option 2:
EPCOT_ECROVE2_7304245653_zpszhmj2r61.jpeg

{While it would work because we are eating at BOG I worry I might get cold in just a tank in the morning hours.}

Option 3:
EPCOT_ECENTR3_7302269618_zpsbhrnrnuk.jpeg

{Sorcerer Mickey with yoga capris}

Day 3:

Morning:
20150506_150003_zpswye7ngkc.jpg

{Laid back but won’t be out of place at the GF.}

Wedding:
20160202_205155_zpswcljtgt6.jpg

I finally found something that I think will work last week, and DH conveniently came home that same day with a load of shoe boxes that I forgot about from the old house, one pair I had no idea I owned and will work perfect for the outfit. I have also found some sparkly accessories that will work well.

The Shoes:
12662627_10100864656938072_988525699594336504_n.jpg

All I have left to do is figure out how to tame my hair into a nice updo without looking too frizzy or messy in the Florida humidity.

I’m considering doing this:

12509640_10100866515189122_3700041008835119943_n.jpg

{You can also see the new makeup being tried out in this photo.}

12670412_10100866515164172_1789685527454670291_n.jpg

Thoughts?

Day 4:

Undecided so far

At least with Little Miss‘s wardrobe from our last trip still fitting her, her stuff should be fairly easy.

Day 1 Travel/ Arrival Dayparty::

I’ve decided not to take any chances on this day. If Little Miss arrives naked at Disney again it will be a rough rough day. :crazy2:

Travel Outfit:

Back Up outfit 1:
STUDIO_ROVER1_7301650913_zpsuahz787v.jpeg

Back UP outfit 2:
FORTWILD_HOOP_7303486296_zpspl6tle22.jpeg

Arrival Outfit:
20150507_180142_zpsn583lc0a.jpg
Except I am swapping the brown shorts for a blue and white dot tutuish skirt.

Day 2 MK Day:

Outfit 1:
MK_FRNTCHR1_7307668311_zpsxak6gwuk.jpeg

{The Etsy Dress from last trip. I will however put a short sleeved shirt on under it. March weather can be too unknown for sleeveless. }

Outfit 2:
20160210_084636_zpsdtf59l7r.jpg

{Found this shirt at Target recently and couldn’t help myself. I plan to pair it with a white or black skirt. I am unsure as to which outfit to make the main outfit and which to make the backup.}

Day 3:

This is the day of the Wedding.

Morning Option 1:
MK_TSFAIRIESACHAR_7304675135_zpsrdk3qexg.jpeg

Morning Option 2:
20150512_184716_zpslrfnoxq6.jpg

Wedding outfit: Silver dress, silver tights, silver bows, white sweater, silver shoes.

Little Miss’s wedding attire was easy for this wedding because we had a wedding for a very close friend in November and I had the fore thought to get a dress that would work for both events. Unfortunately I don’t seem to have a picture of her from that wedding though. I’m not sure how that happened?

Day 4 Departure Day :sad::sad::sad::

Outfit 1: undecided so far

Back up 1: undecided so far

Back up 2: undecided so far

DH: At this time I don’t have much clue on what DH will want to wear. I’ll have him choose from the shirts we wore on our last trip for most of his wardrobe. Which shirts from May would you vote for me to pack for him?

I am leaning towards going with the sliver theme that Little Miss and I have seem to set and dress him in some grey dress pants, a white dress shirt, and a black and silver tie and his one sport coat. Would it be too cheesy to coordinate us this much?

My opinion is start wearing some of your Disney stuff now...that way she won't think anything of the Disney stuff the first day. I like the Minnie/Mickey kissing tee over sorcerer Mickey...but I would also wear the Beauty tank. (I know it is dicey for cold in Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb, but I can't imagine March being cold...but can you bring a light sweater/zip up hoodie to wear in the am?) I like the wedding outfit! I would look into a light shawl for this in case the ceremony is outside and cooler.

Sorry I have been AWOL in commenting...I have been reading along. It is my busy season at work and it has really slammed me!

I hope this trip is as magical as the last one!

Lynn

For Day 1 I like Option #2 so you can really make it a surprise when you put on the Minnie Ears as you arrive at WDW.
for Day 2 I like Option #2 because I love that Beauty and the Beast tank! I actually found a t-shirt version of your tank that I'm bringing with me on our trip! It's not as detailed though - it's mostly a gray t-shirt but with the stained glass graphic in the front. Excited to wear it to BOG!! !! Maybe you'll want to bring a light cardigan in the morning if it's cold? I'm also struggling to figure out the weather. It's warm in the days it seems but cold at nights and mornings. I'm gonna have to bring a hoodie or cardigan with us to the parks I think.
For the Wedding day, I like your outfit! It seems very comfortable and those shoes will go great with it. The hair and makeup look great and the red lips really pop!

I am leaning towards going with the sliver theme that Little Miss and I have seem to set and dress him in some grey dress pants, a white dress shirt, and a black and silver tie and his one sport coat. Would it be too cheesy to coordinate us this much?

:thumbsup2 Very classy!! You guys could have a few family pictures taken while all dressed up. I love the idea of matching.

I also love your Mickey/Minnie kissing shirt. I need to find one!

So unless someone is very nice and surprises me with an extra day of park tickets for my birthday:wizard: (Feb 21st) we right now only have 1 day tickets for Magic Kingdom (Kind of a no brainer choice when you only have one day if you ask me.) And yes blatant hints to DH and my mother on what I would like have been made. :rotfl:

The hints have been dropped.. hoping for some pixie dust in your future! ;)

-Since we were just there and we weren’t expecting to be back this soon this trip feels more like bonus Disney time and the list of MUST DO’s is a bit smaller.

That's definitely a bonus!!

As for choosing our actual FPs, I tried to narrow it down so that the Fast Passes will work with all (Count ‘um) 4 itinerary options {I'm not over planning or anything!:rolleyes2:rotfl2:} I have created.

Lol, you know none of us think you're crazy in the least. I love it!

{While it would work because we are eating at BOG I worry I might get cold in just a tank in the morning hours.}

I LOVE this tank. I saw it on your TR and have been hunting it down ever since. They had it (or maybe a similar one?) at Hot Topic, but the'yre all gone now. I love this one.

This is so lovely - really love the sparkle. Also, yay for some new makeup! Sephora is the best. I just hate how much $$ I want to spend every time I'm in there. I do like the Sephora brand though, really nice stuff.

I’ve decided not to take any chances on this day. If Little Miss arrives naked at Disney again it will be a rough rough day. :crazy2:

HAHA!!! Yes, lets hope that doesn't happen again. Poor thing!

Cute! I love that idea. Plus since you're mostly in black and she's mostly in silver, it could bring everything together nicely.

We did March last year and seriously the weather was so varied. The first day I was there, I wore yoga capris (I never do yoga but man yoga capris are the best for touring Disney!) and a sweatshirt and I was chilly all day. The next day I wore shorts, a tank, and a very light zip up over top, by 9 AM the zip up was off and I was sweating like crazy.

Being a dude, my opinion a. doesn't matter, b. is irrelevant and c. is usually wrong.
However...

{Disney up my wardrobe. I will definitely change out the shorts for my more travel comfy yoga capris though. However this may cause issues with her figuring out too soon where we are going.}

Not to worry.
"Why are you dressed up in Disney, Momma?"
"Because...
It's Mickey's Birthday.
We're close to where he lives.
I was just remembering our trip.
All my other shirts are dirty.
I wanted to show it to____ (or) ____ wanted to see it.
etc. etc."

{Sorcerer Mickey with yoga capris}

That one.

Again. Not an authority, but I would wear shoes.

The Shoes:
12662627_10100864656938072_988525699594336504_n.jpg

Ah. There they are.

Thoughts?

Gave 'em.

I'll get to responses in a bit but I just wanted to pop in and share with y'all a very interesting article I found today. For those that wonder about the love for Figment, this explains things well. It also helped explain to me why I've always felt this new ride was quite a bit shorter than it should have been. Turns out its quite literally half the ride it used to be. I am no rather curious to see whats behind the doors in the area where the track diverts.

http://www.****************.com/fea...less-tale-disneys-lost-attraction-masterpiece

My opinion is start wearing some of your Disney stuff now...that way she won't think anything of the Disney stuff the first day.
:thumbsup2

I like the Minnie/Mickey kissing tee over sorcerer Mickey...but I would also wear the Beauty tank. (I know it is dicey for cold in Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb, but I can't imagine March being cold...but can you bring a light sweater/zip up hoodie to wear in the am?)
I plan on brining the mickey hoodie (THat you saw in a few of my move in pictures) for park time. I just don't want to be stuck with long sleeves or no sleeves as my options.

I like the wedding outfit! I would look into a light shawl for this in case the ceremony is outside and cooler.
I've already got a sweater in mind. I just couldn't find it when I took the picture. :rotfl:

Sorry I have been AWOL in commenting...I have been reading along. It is my busy season at work and it has really slammed me!
You're all good!

I hope this trip is as magical as the last one!
:thanks:

For Day 1 I like Option #2 so you can really make it a surprise when you put on the Minnie Ears as you arrive at WDW.

for Day 2 I like Option #2 because I love that Beauty and the Beast tank! I actually found a t-shirt version of your tank that I'm bringing with me on our trip! It's not as detailed though - it's mostly a gray t-shirt but with the stained glass graphic in the front. Excited to wear it to BOG!! !! Maybe you'll want to bring a light cardigan in the morning if it's cold? I'm also struggling to figure out the weather. It's warm in the days it seems but cold at nights and mornings. I'm gonna have to bring a hoodie or cardigan with us to the parks I think.
I plan on bringing the mickey hoodie (THat you saw in a few of my move in pictures) for park time. I just don't want to be stuck with long sleeves or no sleeves as my options.

For the Wedding day, I like your outfit! It seems very comfortable and those shoes will go great with it. The hair and makeup look great and the red lips really pop!
:thumbsup2 That hair needs some work though. Tried to practice it again yesterday and realized 2 things about the hair spray I have been trying to use (Aqua net). 1. The sent of Aqua net aggravates my asthma and makes DH think of his mother (NOT A GOOD THING) 2. Instead of locking things in place it just makes everything frizz up and then get stiff.

:thumbsup2 Very classy!! You guys could have a few family pictures taken while all dressed up. I love the idea of matching.
I like that idea. I hope I can remember to get my parents to get some while we are at the wedding. :thumbsup2

I also love your Mickey/Minnie kissing shirt. I need to find one!
All my shirts came from Torrid. Except for the Sorcerer mickey and the cinderella one. (I made those.)

The hints have been dropped.. hoping for some pixie dust in your future! ;)
:wizard: I can only hope at this point.

That's definitely a bonus!!

Lol, you know none of us think you're crazy in the least. I love it!
:thumbsup2 I truly am with my "people" here!:rotfl:

I LOVE this tank. I saw it on your TR and have been hunting it down ever since. They had it (or maybe a similar one?) at Hot Topic, but they're all gone now. I love this one.
All my shirts came from Torrid. Except for the Sorcerer mickey and the cinderella one. (I made those.) however Torrid changes things out pretty regularly and I haven't seen this one in a while. but they have a ton of cute options.

This is so lovely - really love the sparkle. Also, yay for some new makeup! Sephora is the best. I just hate how much $$ I want to spend every time I'm in there. I do like the Sephora brand though, really nice stuff.
I just loved how helpful they all were in there. They were wonderful!

HAHA!!! Yes, lets hope that doesn't happen again. Poor thing!
No kidding! :thumbsup2

Cute! I love that idea. Plus since you're mostly in black and she's mostly in silver, it could bring everything together nicely.

We did March last year and seriously the weather was so varied. The first day I was there, I wore yoga capris (I never do yoga but man yoga capris are the best for touring Disney!) and a sweatshirt and I was chilly all day. The next day I wore shorts, a tank, and a very light zip up over top, by 9 AM the zip up was off and I was sweating like crazy.
This is what I'm worried about. hence the flexible wardrobe.

Being a dude, my opinion a. doesn't matter, b. is irrelevant and c. is usually wrong.
:rotfl::thumbsup2

Not to worry.
"Why are you dressed up in Disney, Momma?"
"Because...
It's Mickey's Birthday.
We're close to where he lives.
I was just remembering our trip.
All my other shirts are dirty.
I wanted to show it to____ (or) ____ wanted to see it.
etc. etc."

That one.

Again. Not an authority, but I would wear shoes.
:rolleyes2:thanks:

Ah. There they are.

Gave 'em.
:rotfl:

What he said.
:rotfl::rotfl2::lmao::rotfl::rotfl2::lmao: :thumbsup2

And consequently, everything he said in his post... ditto. :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:
:thumbsup2:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Pro tip of the day..... When loosly making plans for a hoped for day so that you can give DH a better estimation on overall costs should he decide to buy an extra day of tickets for your birthday.... Don't forget to be sure that you have meals scheduled into your plans! LOL :rolleyes2 :rotfl2:

1. Ride Spaceship Earth w/ FP : 3:30 - 3:45

2. Character Spot w/ FP : 3:50 - 4:20

3. Ride Test Track w/ FP: 4:30 - 5:10

4. Ride boat to Germany: 5:20 - 5:25

5. See Snow White in Germany {*Be Prepared for the line to be closed}: 5:25– 5:50

6. Potty and Snack (Grab American Dream) Break/ Explore in USA pavilion: 6:00 - 6:30

7. Explore Japan: 6:30 - 6:45

8. Explore France, Watch Movie, & Buy Treats: 6:50 - 7:30

9. Explore UK/ Meet Pooh Characters{?}: 7:40 - 8pm

10. Explore Mexico: 8:15 - 8:30

11. Grab spot for Illuminations

12. Meander of the Park

At least I have a few snacks factored in. I see where my priorities are. :rotfl:

Pro tip of the day..... When loosly making plans for a hoped for day so that you can give DH a better estimation on overall costs should he decide to buy an extra day of tickets for your birthday.... Don't forget to be sure that you have meals scheduled into your plans! LOL :rolleyes2 :rotfl2:

:laughing: Well, you're right there around supper time. Biergarten?

I love your itinerary. You have everything down to the minute. I've tried doing things like this and my husband gets very irate with me. I like having everything planned out and he likes to just wing it. He does understand with fast passes and adrs we can longer go there with no plan in place.

I also like your idea of coordinating the outfits for the wedding. That will make for some nice family photos.

Fingers crossed for baby #2!

Fish & Chips in UK.

I love your itinerary. You have everything down to the minute. I've tried doing things like this and my husband gets very irate with me. I like having everything planned out and he likes to just wing it. He does understand with fast passes and adrs we can longer go there with no plan in place.
Having this level of an itinerary doesn't prevent you from winging it. It just keeps you from having to make all the decisions on the fly. We don't stick rigidly to them we adapt and change as needed. Too many mistakes get made otherwise. This is a great way to ensure minimal walking. And this by far is not a final itinerary. I won't finalize them unless DH gets me that extra park ticket day.

I also like your idea of coordinating the outfits for the wedding. That will make for some nice family photos.
Thats if I can remember to have them taken!:rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:

Fingers crossed for baby #2!
Here's hoping! pixiedust:

well, as previously indicated, I am male so my opinion doesn't matter ... though I do stronger agree with the earlier suggestion to wear shoes ;)

Only thoughts I do have is not sure if you have any light sweaters/cardigans but my wife basically carries one with her at all times - being prepared for restaurants being cold, etc. ... so that could be an idea for you to wear something like that in the morning and then take it off when it gets warmer - especially if you so want to wear tank tops like that cool Beauty and the Beast one :thumbsup2

Oh, and thinking of your husband's clothes (and for you and Little Miss) seems like Star Wars is the big thing going on now that they are pushing so if there was ever a time to double-down on Star Wars shirts now would be the time!

I think your gray/silver idea for the wedding is great! I think it should make for some nice family pictures and I don't think will be too matchy-matchy just being in the same color range

I think your extra day sounds great - though I did hear they are removing Pooh and friends from the UK pavilion (not sure on exact dates though)

As for quick service locations in EPCOT - the Fish & Chips in UK is good, there is a great quick service location in Morocco if you like that sort of food. Obviously Sunshine Seasons is great though not sure if you want to head out of World Showcase

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter