ºoº Suggestions for Illumination Cruise "party favors", "snacks", "drinks&q

RaySharpton

Retired and going to Disney.
:wave: Hi, everyone.

Any Epcot Illumination Firework Cruise Pontoon Boat experts out there?

I am hosting a 2004 Mousefest Illuminations Cruise Meet on Monday, December 13, 2004.

I don't really know anyone that has signed up for the Illuminations Cruise except for Towncrier. So I guess they will all be strangers.

But I thought that I would help encourage the group to interact with each other by bringing some party favors, snacks, and drinks for everyone to enjoy.

The pontoon boat will have 11 people total including the Castmember boat captain.

I was thinking of bringing some Krispy Kreme Donuts, chocolate covered, bottled water.

As far as party favors, I was thinking about bringing some of those bottles for each person to make bubbles with.

And maybe going to the Disney Outlet Stores in Orlando and picking up some nicknacks to give away as a lottery while waiting for the fireworks.

I sure could use some suggestions from anyone with any ideas.

Thank you in advance.

Ray :wave:

Hi Ray!:wave: You're going to love the cruise! One suggestion I have, is if there are any kids, how about going to a Dollar store and picking up some glow necklaces. I did that for the kids on our cruise.:cool2:

Originally posted by Big V
Hi Ray!:wave: You're going to love the cruise! One suggestion I have, is if there are any kids, how about going to a Dollar store and picking up some glow necklaces. I did that for the kids on our cruise.:cool2:

:wave: Thank you, Big V. That is great advice.

Ray, are you sure they will let you bring food on board? I've done several Illum cruises and we've always been discouraged from eating/drinking on board. The glow necklaces are a great idea- adults like them too! PS Know anyone with room on an illum cruise for 4 on the 11th or 12th?

Originally posted by leebee
Ray, are you sure they will let you bring food on board? I've done several Illum cruises and we've always been discouraged from eating/drinking on board. The glow necklaces are a great idea- adults like them too! PS Know anyone with room on an illum cruise for 4 on the 11th or 12th?

:wave: Hi, leebee. I don't really know the answer to question about allowing food and drink onboard.

I remember a couple of years ago, a host serving colas and snacks.

I guess that if they don't allow the food and drinks, I can offer it after the cruise.

It seems like the glow necklaces seem to be a popular item. I'll have to look around for those items.

I don't know of any spaces for four people on the Illuminations cruise on those nights, but here is a link to sign up for a standby list on those nights.

If you go to the bottom of the page of the link, you will see another link to see what boats are available and all about the Mousefest Cruises.

http://www.wvnh.net/cruise/cruises_form.html

I am volunteering to host the Monday, December 13th Illuminations cruise called the Krispy Kreme Cruise...lol.

Good luck with finding a space.

If you are around the Swan resort on Saturday, December 11th from 1300 to 1500, there will be a free 2004 Mousefest Mega-Mouse Meet with many of the Disney web site founders and many of the Disney book authors and many of the people that visit all of the different Disney forums. I hope to see you there.

Sincerely, Ray :wave:

Official policy is no food or drink unless it is catered by Disney. Of course, that is really expensive, but may be worth it if you like having them take care of everything for you. We have done that and loved having the champagne, strawberries etc all ready and waiting. It's really nice for a special occasion like an anniversary or proposal or other "surprise" event.

However, the capt also has told us detailed explanations of where to go to get our own "supplies" (read: alcohol, etc) before the cruise. He said most people bring their own. So, I think it depends on who your captain is, and what they do when you show up with your own supplies. Most people have no problem.

Oh, and I think bottled water would be fine no matter what--they really won't turn you away with water.

Oh, and Ray, one thing I thought of: instead of giving away your knicknacks as a lottery, try making it a trivia "contest" and/or just a "get to know you" thing where you give prizes to "who came the farthest" "who has been to WDW the most" "who is here for the first time" "Who knows how old Mickey is?" "who has been to DL?" "who rode MS and liked it?" "Who came here first/longest years ago" "who is from a state that starts with an A? B? etc. that kind of thing. That could be a fun icebreaker!

No suggestions, I just wanted to say :wave: , Ray! I really wish I was going to be down there then! Oh well, I'll be there solo in January! :teeth:

chamonix: those all sound like fun suggestions!

Debbie:earsgirl:

Originally posted by chamonix
Official policy is no food or drink unless it is catered by Disney. Of course, that is really expensive, but may be worth it if you like having them take care of everything for you. We have done that and loved having the champagne, strawberries etc all ready and waiting. It's really nice for a special occasion like an anniversary or proposal or other "surprise" event.

However, the capt also has told us detailed explanations of where to go to get our own "supplies" (read: alcohol, etc) before the cruise. He said most people bring their own. So, I think it depends on who your captain is, and what they do when you show up with your own supplies. Most people have no problem.

Oh, and I think bottled water would be fine no matter what--they really won't turn you away with water.

Oh, and Ray, one thing I thought of: instead of giving away your knicknacks as a lottery, try making it a trivia "contest" and/or just a "get to know you" thing where you give prizes to "who came the farthest" "who has been to WDW the most" "who is here for the first time" "Who knows how old Mickey is?" "who has been to DL?" "who rode MS and liked it?" "Who came here first/longest years ago" "who is from a state that starts with an A? B? etc. that kind of thing. That could be a fun icebreaker!

:wave: Hi, chamonix. Those are wonderful ideas. Thankyou very much.

Originally posted by CDoobee
No suggestions, I just wanted to say :wave: , Ray! I really wish I was going to be down there then! Oh well, I'll be there solo in January! :teeth:

chamonix: those all sound like fun suggestions!

Debbie:earsgirl:

:wave: Hi, Debbie. I can't believe that I won't see you this year. Maybe next year.

Hi Ray! It might be too late to order, but I got glow necklaces online last year, very cheaply. Can't remember the web site, let me go look...hmmm, company name is not on shipping tube. Search Yahoo, it was something very simple,like glownecklace.com. Anyhow, I bought 100 bracelets for 6.95...kids use them as bracelets, anklets,hook them together for crowns or necklaces (come with many, many connectors)etc. My DD has a flat , hard shelled pencil case that packs easily and holds a bunch of glow sticks. We ALWAYS have enough on hand to share with other kids seated near us at evening shows/parades! It made me laugh, 6.95 for the bracelets, 6.50 for shipping! Sthill WAY cheaper than buying them at the Dollar stores, and plenty to share with new "friends"!
I might wander over to the Swan on Saturday, as it is our "down" day. Thanks for the invitation/information, it might be fun to meet all these folks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter