ºoº Dapper with Duffy: A Delicious Disney Adventure!!!!! - Updated 3/7

YAY you're back. Which is extra good because you promised to finish this time, :laughing:

Oh dear, I'm a little nervous since my next trip will be my first ever without a car. I hope my bus experience is better. Though I have been lucky in the past when I did use a bus, so hopefully that will continue.

Oh they have a frame pic for Spacehip Earth???????? Bummer I missed that. I love the frame pics also. Your picture is great.

"thanks to this helpful cast member whom I have never seen or met before for getting us our epcot fastpasses today!" Haha, cute.

I am a huge Duffy supporter. And YES!!!! He is absolutely one of the softest characters around. Since he's Mickey's bear, I wouldn't expect any less of course. I also really like that photos with him often have the Canada sign in the background, lol.

Yes, Maelstrom was more popular than ever before it's closure. I'm glad you stuck it out for at least one last ride, cranky pants dude notwithstanding. And trolls are a pretty big part of Frozen, so I am so hopeful that they remain.

Haha, I think you already got your Memory Maker's worth of photos, lol. Well done. And might I add... Your outfits that day are so lovely AND also look so familiar!! :goodvibes

YAYYY YOU'RE BACK!

Bahaha I love Duffy buckled up in the seatbelt.

WOOOO CAPTAIN EO FP.

Ughhh I want a Frappuccino so bad right now. Too bad it's like 16 degrees here.

LOVE the pic of Duffy kissing Kaela, so precious!

I need a Shellie May!!! I read a rumor that she might be coming to the US this year and I'm just like don't tease me.

Soooo excited to hear about the surprise!!!

hey friends sorry I'm a flop and haven't posted here in ages lol. I'll have you know first of all that I STILL find that glitter in my apartment FOUR MONTHS LATER. it will never end :confused3

also, to those that supported my Mash Mountain efforts, I thank you haha

YAY you're back. Which is extra good because you promised to finish this time, :laughing:
LOL yes I PROMISE we will finish! we got lazy but here we are again!! :thumbsup2

"thanks to this helpful cast member whom I have never seen or met before for getting us our epcot fastpasses today!" Haha, cute.
hehe ^_^ I still do this now even though he's at Mousegear now, I'll go and ask him to help me find items as if I don't know him hahahha

I am a huge Duffy supporter. And YES!!!! He is absolutely one of the softest characters around. Since he's Mickey's bear, I wouldn't expect any less of course. I also really like that photos with him often have the Canada sign in the background, lol.
I'm so happy we came around and love Duffy now!!!!! what were our lives without him tbh??

Haha, I think you already got your Memory Maker's worth of photos, lol. Well done. And might I add... Your outfits that day are so lovely AND also look so familiar!! :goodvibes
HEHE!! I am sooooo excited to get to the next part!! :goodvibes

YAYYY YOU'RE BACK!
yes ma'am we are FINISHING this thing!!

WOOOO CAPTAIN EO FP.
okay like I know Captain EO is kind of a joke but I ACTUALLY LOVE IT??? It's the most delicious 80s-tastic amazing thing ever, I wanna watch it every day

I need a Shellie May!!! I read a rumor that she might be coming to the US this year and I'm just like don't tease me.
YES YOU NEED HER!! She is so SO adorable and Chris and her are best friends. AND now that I have Gelatoni I have a complete set and they are just the cutest things ever UGH I could die

LOVE LOVE Duffy! so glad you all had a wonderful meet with him too!!!
he is our favorite now!! I love meeting him, he's just so cuddly and cute ^_^

next update coming soon, friends! :)

I loved this update. I love all of your comments. I love the friendship. I love the naked duffy. What is there to not love in this TR?

You all probably think I'm the worst omg, I never stop by here!

THANK YOU!
You're so nice Rob, omg <3
Also yes yes to Duffy! I feel bad that I used to not be into him at all lol I used to be like omg what is this Disney money grabbing technique it's so wrong. But I've fallen for him and don't regret it.

I loved this update. I love all of your comments. I love the friendship. I love the naked duffy. What is there to not love in this TR?

This is super sweet! Thanks so much :) I hope you guys keep hanging around and enjoy our adventure with us :D

You guys are seriously all so nice! We're lucky to have you here with us.

We've got a new update ready to post so it should be coming in the next few days! :)

Beaches & Meets!
Day 3: September 24th

When we last left you, we were strolling out of International Gateway over to Beach Club for a fun lunch on Stormalong Bay.

Someone walking towards us started trying to get our attention, and we were all shocked! We were about to have our first real life, as one would say, DIS meet! The man walking towards us was the DIS’s own Rob - disneykid4life! He told us he recognized us from our first, failed trip report from our April 2013 adventure (an embarrassing failure, let’s not let that happen again ladies!). That was truly amazing since no one had read that report and it did not last very long. Yeah, that was a little embarrassing that he remembered us from that Lmao yeah we are DEFINITELY going to finish this one. I can’t believe Rob recognized us just from that one little thread we didn’t even finish!

We were all so excited! Rob remembered Kaela was the CM and we were her friends visiting her. We talked a little bit about our mutual friend Courtney (DIS: courtneybelle) and how great she is. It’s true, we stood there talking like “Omg yeah Courtney is so great” “Yes omg love her”

Then we tried to get a CM at the International Gateway to take a picture of the four of us together, but I think he thought I was trying to re-enter the park illegally and kept yelling at me that I couldn’t come through haha. lol yeah they were so intense and we just wanted a picture!

We did succeed in getting our picture taken by someone else though!
15484205595_2e7fa0a02c_c.jpg

We’re all so happy! :D
It was such a great first DIS meet! Thank you Rob because you were truly so sweet and nice with us, you def set us off on the right foot for any future meets :)

That was such a fun DISmeet, I’m so happy we randomly decided to leave Epcot at that time or else it never would have happened! It was fate imo! :)

After we said goodbye to Rob, we walked through the path between Epcot and the Beach Club. It was a looovely day, it was super sunny and bright and I let Kaela and Sarah get way ahead of me as I stopped a lot for pictures along the way.
If you’ve ever taken this path you’d know that it showcases just how amazingly beautiful the Beach Club is and I wanted to capture it all but omg, it’s so hard! It’s so wide and detailed and I hadn’t played with a camera in so long so I didn’t even get my camera out, I just tried with my phone

15483855312_25d96aff59_c.jpg

15297484820_b2a7a8996b_c.jpg

those are pretty good for phone pics imo

When we made it to Beach Club it was fairly early for our lunch so we took a stroll around Beach and Yacht Club to explore the resorts.

At this time, I did take my camera out and took some pics. Beach and Yacht Club are both SO amazing! They are truly stunning, the theming and the detail is so spot on.
I posed for a photoshoot here with my friend Duffy

15297662457_ebd08daf2b_z.jpg

5PvyJTM.png

beautiful beach club collage~~

15297467998_86a1cfe769_c.jpg

check out that brand new iphone 6 in my hand WITHOUT A CASE. I cringe looking back on all that time I went case-less tbh

15412487211_8bcd5956d9_z.jpg

15432496342_23d2da1cf3_z.jpg

someday we will swim here together

While we waited to be called in, I took a pic of the menu… actually I took a LOT of pics of the menu because I was trying to adjust to my camera lol

15297538477_980b9db05c_c.jpg

Let’s make a pause here now to discuss something we call, the bag chair.
Because we’re a party of 3 most of the time, we get seated on a table for 4. This usually means we have a chair that holds our purse, handbags or shopping bags. Hence a bag chair.
So we sit at our table for 4 and we get our bag chair together and Duffy takes a seat on top of our bags.

Ok unpause.
Being seated we proceed to look at the menu and make choices.

15483749112_fe4c36776a_c.jpg

Duffy thinking hard on what he wants.
(Also worth noting, we didn’t even hand Duffy a menu, HE GOT HIS OWN BECAUSE HE’S SMOOTH AND IMPORTANT LIKE THAT)
I’m crying at this LMAO he’s so cute

Right away we ask for a glass of water because we were super thirsty.. and guess who gets water before any of us!

15297526180_9667faf1f7_c.jpg

He was very thirsty. I mean, that Beach Club stroll was a really intense walk for such a tiny bear!
Yeah, he had worked up quite the appetite...and so had we lol
In a child cup btw, because dnw our child making a mess

Our waitress really loved our Duffy! She gave him such special attention, besides bringing him his own menu, water, and tiny plate and bowl, she also kept rubbing his head every time she came to check on us! It’s just that kind of cute special thing that makes you smile and enjoy a simple meal :)

15460986896_afbb370337_c.jpg

even got his own bowl!

We all placed our orders and prepared for these deliciousness:

15297198109_3b1528e6d2_c.jpg

15484093375_104e26ea75_c.jpg

I got the Beaches & Cream burger and the Frozen Sunshine. I wanted to try the Frozen Sunshine sooo bad and I gotta say, it was super impressive. Perf balance between sweet and fizzy and super refreshing for an ice cream drink.
The Beaches & Cream burger, eh not that out there. It was a solid burger and I enjoyed it, couldn’t even finish it. But it’s not my favorite I’ve had in Disney nor the most creative one. I’ve heard people say it’s the best burger on property and I disagree, I think we can do better, B&C.

15483744842_08a1807220_c.jpg

I got one of my FAVORITE meals in all of history, grilled cheese with tomato soup. and if I may let you in on a little secret - this grilled cheese is THE BEST on property. If you don’t know this about me by this point, I am a bit of a cheese connoisseur. I’m constantly on the search to find the best grilled cheese, mac and cheese, any cheesy item. And this grilled cheese is THE best. Trust me - if you or someone you know is a grilled cheese lover - you don’t need to look any further.

Spoiler alert tho: the best tomato soup on property is at Earl of Sandwich. but this stuff is pretty darn good too!!!!!

15297528737_b40dcc95e2_c.jpg

15484097615_3b266e8232_c.jpg

I also got the grilled cheese and tomato soup. I didn’t even need to look at the menu once we were seated, I knew this is what I was getting for WEEKS beforehand. Let me tell you it did not disappoint. I’ve had many a grilled cheese in my day and this really was probably one of the best, if not THE best. The soup was delicious as well, very savory and comforting! I’ve now made a reservation for Beaches & Cream for my upcoming trip and it is going to be HARD to branch out and try something different since this was so good. Let’s be real, I’ll probably only get this every time I go….
I wanted to get some ice cream or a shake but unfortunately, the soup & sammie were very filling. I knew I’d be having milkshakes at other places during the trip, so I declined to get one here.

In the middle of our delicious meal, we got a message from our friend Courtney who we had just been talking about with Rob! After we met up, he sent her the picture of all of us together and let her know we were thinking of her!

1:44pm @courtneybueller: @xo_kaela @wreckitsarah HI GUYS
9hw1tlI.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/9hw1tlI.jpg?1

We proceeded to have a little bit of a conversation and Ana also got officially introduced to Courtney. Making all kinds of new friends in Disney!!! We all tweeted:
5HY6s6c.png

YAY internet friends <3 <3 <3 also I’m laughing that my twitter pic at this time was when I was a mermaid at Stormalong Bay and we’re eating at the Beach Club now lol
Lol omg this screenshot totally looks like i invited myself to your conversation haahha

Also I'd like to point out that since this pic was taken, our good friend Courtney has been ACCEPTED INTO THE COLLEGE PROGRAM!!!!!!! GJ Courtney, we love you and are so proud of you and can't wait to see all your adventures!!!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::cheer2::banana::bitelip:

After our delicious lunch, we walked around a little and went to what was probably one of the most beautiful bathrooms on DIsney property. Remember when we got fresh towels in this bathroom and then we didn’t know what the heck to do with them so we just took them with us? lol Beach Club is too fancy for us!! Beach Club is SO beautiful and I cant wait for next time when we stay there! Stopped for a selfie for a minute:

15228970950_c73e8c8387_c.jpg

This is not a bathroom selfie tho, this is from the entrance! We tried to take a bus to DHS first until we realized those don’t exist & you need to take the boat!

15429649541_ddd0a1e760_c.jpg

We headed down to the dock to jump onto a boat that would take us to our next stop… But then the boat left without us :( Rude omg
So we chilled by the dock and I took this pic of the Boardwalk. You can see rain is trying to threaten our afternoon:

15483909202_d486758c2c_c.jpg

But then our boat arrived and we boarded to go to our next adventure of the day… where would that be, I wonder?

15228904209_bb24cecce1_c.jpg

AHHHHHH I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS UPDATE FOR FOREVER!!!! :hyper:

:lmao: Yup totally remembered that failed report (sorry, last time I promise). But you also had a PTR for THIS trip, but I don't generally comment much on PTR's, but I did see it.

HAHAHA, lots of Courtney love (HA Courtney Love) going on there. Oh wait... NEW DISNEY CM Courtney!! :woohoo:

You ladies are truly wonderful and it was absolutely my honour to meet you all. You are WAY too sweet and I really can't thank you enough. I think fate is the right word too because it was totally random that I ended up going that way too. So glad it happened that way. This was my best day!

Can I just add as well that I love everyone adding in there own perspective via Colored text!! So fun!

Ugh, the whole Epcot resort area. Beautiful to the MAX.

Ha, I love the concept of a bag chair. And that is so stinking cute of Duffy to get his own menu and cup and bowl. Disney CM's. :love:

Sarah, you have an upcoming trip? Do tell!

OMG that is too funny that Courtney messaged you. I don't think I knew that. I had to share that right away because I knew she would be excited. I believe her response was "Yay my princess friends!!" BTW, I totally saved the picture of your convo because it makes me smile. :goodvibes

Yeah, kinda love this update.

great reviews
thank you!!

AHHHHHH I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS UPDATE FOR FOREVER!!!! :hyper:

HAHAHA, lots of Courtney love (HA Courtney Love) going on there. Oh wait... NEW DISNEY CM Courtney!! :woohoo:

You ladies are truly wonderful and it was absolutely my honour to meet you all. You are WAY too sweet and I really can't thank you enough. I think fate is the right word too because it was totally random that I ended up going that way too. So glad it happened that way. This was my best day!

Sarah, you have an upcoming trip? Do tell!

OMG that is too funny that Courtney messaged you. I don't think I knew that. I had to share that right away because I knew she would be excited. I believe her response was "Yay my princess friends!!" BTW, I totally saved the picture of your convo because it makes me smile. :goodvibes

Yeah, kinda love this update.

I know, it took us so long lol. We love it, we are just slow :duck:

COURTNEY YES! So happy for her!!

We can't thank you enough! You were the one who saw us and approached us. Even if you had been checking your phone or a times guide or something to make you not pay attention to people around you while you were walking through International Gateway, we would have missed you! You just gotta love how things work out sometimes.

YES I DO! I'm going for a short trip with my boyfriend Grant in May after the semester ends! It's gonna be weird without the girls but I will still get to see Kaela. I wish Courtney would be there already by then but she'll be graduating during my trip and hopefully starting her DCP later than that :( Hopefully another time

If you're gonna love any of our updates, it should definitely be this one!

I am really enjoying your trip report!
I can't wait to read about Dapper Day. We were there and loved seeing every one. We enjoyed it so much that we are dressing up for Dapper Day at MK this Saturday!

Just got caught up on your reports and loving it! Duffy at Beaches and Cream is too cute!

I am really enjoying your trip report!
I can't wait to read about Dapper Day. We were there and loved seeing every one. We enjoyed it so much that we are dressing up for Dapper Day at MK this Saturday!
Dapper Day was SOOOO great! We can't wait to post about it, and that post is gonna be LOADED with photos. How did your spring Dapper Day go this weekend??!

Just got caught up on your reports and loving it! Duffy at Beaches and Cream is too cute!
Hooray!! I'm glad you're enjoying it! Our service at Beaches and Cream was so stellar haha. Can't wait to go back! Maybe I'll bring my Shellie May and see if she gets the same treatment!

So sorry it took me so long to reply to this update especially since I'm in it!!! I'm so glad my friends got to meet in WDW AND that you talked about how great I am :blush:

Oh my gosh I'm dying at Duffy with his menu that is so cute!!!

I'm trying to get a Beaches and Cream ADR for the weekend I check in and I realllly want to try the Frozen Sunshine! I know my mom loves it but I've never tried it, this was very persuasive though.

And yayyyy the beginnings of my friendship with Ana and Sarah :) and now I am going to meet Ana in WDW!!! Sarah reschedule your trip :P Thanks for the congratulations, you guys are the best!!!

I don't know how on earth I missed that update but ohhhhh my godddd I looooooove this TR (crying emoji)

There is NOTHING on this planet that i love more than your duffy photos. I need one.

Just found your TR! I am joining in to hear more of your adventures and following on Twitter! I hope to meet people from the DIS, I am kind of a "DIS Newbie" at the moment, but everyone seems super super nice here and everyone has something in common with me...WE LOVE DISNEY! A place where I do not get exasperated looks for talking about Disney and WDW too much! Looking forward to your next updates! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter