Shamu045.jpg

Shamu046.jpg

Shamu047.jpg

Shamu056.jpg

The “Stars” of the show

Shamu056.jpg

Swimlover is on the right

Shamu061.jpg

After changing back to street clothes and lunch at Shipwreck Harbor which is provide in the cost of the experience, they got to spend some time with a bird

Vulture005.jpg

Vulture024.jpg

Vulture023.jpg

A Vulture to be exact

Vulture007.jpg

Vulture008.jpg

Vulture009.jpg

Vulture025.jpg

Vulture011.jpg

Vulture015.jpg

Vulture021.jpg

So after a long day the experience sadly came to an end, but Swimlover was all smiles

ZTheEnd2.jpg

Wonderful pictures again! Totally looks like a fun time. I can't wait. The belly dolphin ride is a bit disturbing for me. I keep thinking the dolphin is reverse humping her! :scared: The otters are so cute but I'd rather stay away from them.

Thanks so much for sharing these pictures and their experiences!! :goodvibes

Wow! That's awesome!

What a wonderful Christmas gift. Both girls look so happy :)

I would love to do that on a future trip. Swimming with dolphins is on my top 10 list of things to do before I get too old.

Funny that the whales like ice eh?

There is no way I would have let that bird sit on my arm!

Have I ever mentioned that we have river otters here? We're lucky if we get to see them once or twice a winter.

Here are some shots I took:

569b8930.jpg

8ee01409.jpg

I think I may have posted them before :confused3

You got some fantastic photos :thumbsup2

Memories to last a lifetime :goodvibes

Thanks for sharing.

"Grass is Always Greener"

I could only dream of living where you guys do.

Do you and Grumpy want to Adopt a slightly older Son and his younger Wife? :woohoo:

"Grass is Always Greener"

I could only dream of living where you guys do.

Do you and Grumpy want to Adopt a slightly older Son and his younger Wife? :woohoo:

It's not greener ........ trust me on this!

In fact, it's mostly white you see here :rotfl2:

Adopt more kids? Now I know you're nuts. I'm waiting for the day when we have the place to ourselves :teeth:

OM goodness those are GREAT pictures! what a cool experience! I have to say I was particularly partial to the extremely candid Sea Otter pics! SO CUTE! My husband says they look like wet ferrets and should be callsed "Sea Weasels." :rotfl2:

For what it's worth, I'd adopt you all! But nobody wants to live up here in Oreegon ;)

OM goodness those are GREAT pictures! what a cool experience! I have to say I was particularly partial to the extremely candid Sea Otter pics! SO CUTE! My husband says they look like wet ferrets and should be called "Sea Weasels." :rotfl2:

For what it's worth, I'd adopt you all! But nobody wants to live up here in Oregon ;)

Over by the Rocky Point area they have a Sea Otter encounter that I could spend all day at watching them playing.

Personally I like Oregon

Thanks for reading

I sure liked the pics. I had no idea Sea World offered anything like that. I am now interested in having my 6-yr old do one of them. The dolphin one. Does anyone know if they let them swim with the dolphins during that? I would like for just my son to go, but of course my husband or I could do it w/ him if they required a parent. It is our first trip to Sea World, and we're only going for a day.

heather,

They do let you swim with the Dolphins during the Dolphin Interaction Program (DIP)

Participants must be at least 6 years old and at least 44" tall

They also have a new Interaction program

Wild Arctic Interaction
Immerse yourself in the Wild Arctic and interact with beluga whales, walruses, seals and even polar bears. Sea World's amazing Wild Arctic Interaction offers exclusive, behind the scenes encounters with huge polar bears, walruses and seals. You’ll then suit up and enter the 55-degree water for a once in a lifetime chance to touch, feed and interact with magnificent beluga whales.

Participants must be at least 10 years old and at least 44" tall

Hope you enjoy your visit and you should do a trip report about it.

Lucky Looks like you had fun. I wish I could have done trainer for a day at Sea World San Diego before they changed it. Now it is all dolphins. You don't get to meet the orcas or sea lions now. If you don't know what an orca is, Shamu is an orca.

I sure liked the pics. I had no idea Sea World offered anything like that. I am now interested in having my 6-yr old do one of them. The dolphin one. Does anyone know if they let them swim with the dolphins during that? I would like for just my son to go, but of course my husband or I could do it w/ him if they required a parent. It is our first trip to Sea World, and we're only going for a day.

You are waist deep in water with dolphins. I did Sea World San Diego's dolphin interaction program in June 2004 with my sister who was 6 years old at the time. It was fun. I was at Sea World San Diego for 2 days. You could do this program one day. When I go to Sea World San Deigo again I would like to do it again. I'm not sure when I'm going to Sea World San Deigo again. :sad1: Your son could go on his own. They put the kids that do the program without their parents in a group. I got a dorsal tow from a dolphin a short distance, the length of the platform. I got to dance with a dolphin. I got to pose with a dolphin. We lifted Misty up. I also met Buster the common dolphin. I jumped and landed on my side and Buster would jump. Buster also speed swam around us. He was pretending to be a shark. Sadly, the dolphins I did the dolphin interaction program with passed away. The dolphins I did the interaction program with were Misty and Buster. I hope this helps.

Lucky Looks like you had fun. I wish I could have done trainer for a day at Sea World San Diego before they changed it. Now it is all dolphins. You don't get to meet the orcas or sea lions now. If you don't know what an orca is, Shamu is an orca.

I wasn't aware of this change, thats not cool.

I wonder why they changed it

Wow, that looks like an awesome day - what an experience! The closest I have come to something like this is swimming with a pod of wild dolphins in New Zealand - but boy was that cold.

Great TR - thanks for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter