My question is: What is the proper etiquette when sending a general inquiry to home (villa, townhome or condo) owners, when the goal (to be very blunt) is to get the best dirt cheap rate available. We are looking for a very inexpensive rental for early December ( 1st 11th) 2008. We (self, DW, DS-13, DS-8, and nephew-13) have been planning what was already going to be a budget trip for these dates since 2006. We do have some money set aside. In November 2007, a member of our family had unexpectedly lost their job in a permanent layoff. We are trying to determine whether we can cut additional corners and still be able to go, or if we will need to cancel or postpone our trip. 1.) Would we likely get a better deal by reserving a home (villa, townhome or condo) now, 11 months in advance, or by waiting for a last minute deal? 2.) Would it offend home owners by stating in my inquiry that the financial aspect would be the most determining factor? (Of course whatever home offered more amenities for a competitive price could sway us as well) Please understand, we have previously taken 2 prior trips to WDW, and have stayed offsite in beautiful homes both times, when cost was not a large factor for us. I have the utmost respect for home owners and the cost associated with maintaining their homes. So, I must admit that I feel torn. On one hand, I feel I should be able to get the most bang for my buck and shop around for the best deal without guilt. But, I also cannot help but feel the beggar when Im looking for the most amenities for the cheapest price in a general inquiry. Any thoughts, advice or suggestions appreciated. Thanks in advance .