Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2003, 12:52 PM   #1
KayleeUK
Still here.....

October 2003 - BWV & OKW - Day 5

Wednesday 8th October Day 5

It was early entry this morning at EPCOT and we were keen to try out Mission Space. It was our first stop and guess what it was broken!!! Dh stayed in the queue and I went and got Fass Passes for later. After only 5 minutes the ride was fixed that wasn’t surprising due to the amount of press around. Neither of us felt sick on MS and enjoyed it Dh was Pilot and I was navigator. It was good fun. Test Track was next and guess what it broke down just before the fast bit – EPCOT was not having much luck on its big press day! We spent some time today in Future world. Watched kiddies baking cookies..Which was hilarious.

After a busy morining at EPCOT we walked back through International Gateway towards the Boardwalk. We changed and went down Luna Park Pool – we have come to love spending an hour or so here a day. The pool was always very quiet but this could have been because of the ability to use Storm-a-long Bay. After a lovely swim we showered and got ready to go out for the evening, we were meeting friends for dinner at ‘Ohana’s at the Polynesian Resort.

We got the bus to the Magic Kingdom and then the monorail over to the Poly. I do love this resort of course I am biased as this is where we got married but I really would like to stay here one day. I was determined to have a Lapu, Lapu I had heard so much about. So as we waited in the lounge I ordered my Lapu, Lapu which is Tropical fruit juices and Myers dark rum served a fresh pineapple topped with Bacardi this was served in a pineapple. It was very strong but very nice . We met up with our friends Mike and Di and exchanged presents. Di knows how much I like Cinderella so there was lots of Cindy gifts for me, DH got a spinny stitch thing and a lovely Cast Member T-Shirt, we are both little kids really.

‘Ohana’s was wonderful, we really enjoyed it here. As a vegetarian they did me a special veggie dish and the lovely lime dressing for the salad was delicious. We really enjoyed catching up with Mike and Di. There were kids doing cocnut races around the restaurant and the prize for everyone was gummi worms. Di knows how much DH loves these so said to our server that it was DH birthday a few day’s ago and could he please have some gummi worms. Well the server came back with a cupcake with a candle in surrounded by gummi worms. All the servers gathered around and same happy birthday to DH - he was suitably embarrassed.

We had a lovely evening with our friends catching up They dropped us back to the Boardwalk and we sat on our balcony watching the fireworks from illuminations.
Old 12-01-2003, 11:16 PM   #2
squitty
With a little bit of Pixie Dust
Finds it hard to type with her eyes closed

Another really nice day.

What a lovely way to end the day too
Register to remove

Old 12-02-2003, 04:43 AM   #3
Minniespal

The Original 'Free Spirit'
Who's Next??

Wonderful reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.
Minniespal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 06:50 AM   #4
mkingdon
Obsessed...and admits it!!

Kaylee,

I'm sat here reading your reports in the middle of a rotten Tuesday, it's raining, everything is going wrong.....

but your reports have cheered me up no end. I feel like I was right there with you!!

I'm loving this...and it's giving me some great ideas for next year, and bringing back some great memories from last year.

Thanks for making the effort!!

Cheers

Craig
Cypress Pointe August 2004

Trip Report 2003 - The Williams Tour of Florida Restrooms Sponsored by VISA

The Sunshine, Moonlight, Good Times & Boogie(board) Tour August 2007

mkingdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 07:11 AM   #5
WebmasterPenny
Trying to be cheeky...
Don't trifle with the Tag Fairy

MMMMMmmmmmm, Lapu Lapu's....Penny say good too!

What a really nice sounding day you had - and I love 'Ohana's too, one of my fav restaurants at the World!

Assistant Webmaster
WebmasterPenny is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: