DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2014, 07:30 AM   #1
amyy
I do pat them out on a floured surface
I always think I may find paper /stickers etc

what to tell friends using our points

Friends will be using our points for 3 nights and I am trying to think of little details to tell them. So far I have thought of:
*no housekeeping
*details of the room (microwave etc)

thanks
amyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 07:41 AM   #2
Sandisw

DISboards Moderator

Check in for DVC reservations is after 4:00...the hotels is 3:00...they can check in earlier but the room may not be ready until then.

Sandisw is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-30-2014, 09:56 AM   #3
LisaS
DIS Veteran

There is no lotion in most of the DVC rooms.
There is only one coffee packet (and it's not very good coffee) so if you plan to make coffee every day, bring coffee and filters from home. You can get half and half in the resort store.
Old 06-30-2014, 10:58 AM   #4
com_op_2000
DVC Member since '93

MDE account
Attaching tickets to MDE
Selecting MB
Selecting FP+
Not eligible for DVC discounts
Old 06-30-2014, 11:03 AM   #5
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Tell them about the trash room, and where it is if you're familiar with the resort.

If staying in a studio, location of the laundry room and the fact that it's free.

Pack laundry supplies, as they only get enough detergent for one load and don't get any dryer sheets.

Not to pack lots of clothes, as they'll have access to a washer and dryer.

Links to grocery delivery services like WeGoShop or GardenGrocer, or the location of your favorite grocery store.

Not to ask for an upgrade or make other changes regarding the room at check-in, as this could impact your points.

The cancellation/no-show policy. If they're going to be delayed in checking in, they must call the resort (or have you call Member Services). If they don't show up on the first day of the reservation and haven't called, it's cancelled and all points are forfeited.

They can purchase extra housekeeping if they want.

How to use Disney's Magical Express, if they're using it and haven't in the past. To ask for extra luggage tags as soon as the package arrives if they have more than one bag per person to check.

Transportation options at the resort / how to get around WDW.
Old 06-30-2014, 02:35 PM   #6
summabreeze85
Earning My Ears

Eligable for DVC Discounts

I just had guests use my membership @ AKL and they WERE eligible for ALL DVC discounts. They were stoked to get the 20% off @ Sanaa. They said the waiter just scanned their magic band.
summabreeze85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 04:44 PM   #7
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by summabreeze85 View Post
I just had guests use my membership @ AKL and they WERE eligible for ALL DVC discounts. They were stoked to get the 20% off @ Sanaa. They said the waiter just scanned their magic band.
That goes against the information from DVC or what most here have experienced so I guess they were fortunate. They fact stated above is correct, renters are not eligible for member discounts.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 04:47 PM   #8
amyy

Thanks. Great tips that I would never have thought of. I won't mention any discounts. They will be staying 3 nights (that is what we are giving them) and driving from about 5 hours away. I do worry it is last minute and they won't have a chance to book many rides.
Old 06-30-2014, 04:59 PM   #9
JimMIA
A little Miami humor...

Location: Miami, Wyndham Great Smoky Mountains, and EVER (Everglades National Park)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdsOfPreyDave View Post
Not to ask for an upgrade or make other changes regarding the room at check-in, as this could impact your points.

The cancellation/no-show policy. If they're going to be delayed in checking in, they must call the resort (or have you call Member Services). If they don't show up on the first day of the reservation and haven't called, it's cancelled and all points are forfeited.
These are not "little details" like you asked for, but Dave is right -- make sure they understand this stuff.

Also, make sure they understand that your points are committed to this reservation and the reservation can't just be canceled or changed like a regular hotel reservation.

For example, if they change their minds <31 days, you could have all those points stuck in Holding Account, not be able to use or bank them, and end up losing them.

They need to have their plans set in concrete, or they can hurt you.
JimMIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 06:59 PM   #10
amyy

Our points expire at the end of August so even if they end up cancelling we wouldn't be able to use them. We tired to sell them but last night decided to give them away. Of course today we found someone who would buy them. I actually don't know the person we are giving them to but my cousin is finding a family at Fort Bragg who "needs" a vacation. Someone he knows. I am assuming someone who has never been to Disney and I want to give them some tips. thanks

(and we aren't meaning to burden someone who will feel pressured to buy meals, park tickets etc. We have said that the resort has a lot to offer so they could spend time there and a day in the parks. Hopefully with the mini fridge etc they could do a meal or snacks in the room.)

Last edited by amyy; 06-30-2014 at 07:04 PM.
Old 07-01-2014, 08:18 AM   #11
LSchrow
We're eating brussel sprouts & asparagus on the budget board
(pulling up a chair) I like drunk & happy better...

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyy View Post
...I actually don't know the person we are giving them to but my cousin is finding a family at Fort Bragg who "needs" a vacation. Someone he knows. I am assuming someone who has never been to Disney and I want to give them some tips. thanks....
very nice

i would suggest letting them know about the resort itself (you didn't say where they are booked), and what events, activities, etc are offered (e.g., nighttime movies, etc, and resort specific such as AKV story-telling, BWV entertainment, etc).

and, of course, to have a wonderful, relaxing vacation
Old 07-02-2014, 06:01 AM   #12
catherines_mama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyy View Post
Our points expire at the end of August so even if they end up cancelling we wouldn't be able to use them. We tired to sell them but last night decided to give them away. Of course today we found someone who would buy them. I actually don't know the person we are giving them to but my cousin is finding a family at Fort Bragg who "needs" a vacation. Someone he knows. I am assuming someone who has never been to Disney and I want to give them some tips. thanks (and we aren't meaning to burden someone who will feel pressured to buy meals, park tickets etc. We have said that the resort has a lot to offer so they could spend time there and a day in the parks. Hopefully with the mini fridge etc they could do a meal or snacks in the room.)
You're doing a wonderful thing in donating them, esp to a military family. Just print a list of all these tips, maybe some links to some videos of resort tours and maps. Suggest sites like easywdw and wdwinfo to help them plan and step back.
catherines_mama is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: