Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2006, 01:38 PM   #1
ripvanwinkle
Registered

Question Can you bring your own alcohol on board?

I heard some cruise lines are not allowing people to bring aboard their own alcohol. Does anybody know if Disney Cruises allow it?
ripvanwinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 01:39 PM   #2
mommasita
I am like HELLO IT IS TEN OCLOCK...Anderson is on

Has a sweetie who is Furbilicious

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripvanwinkle
I heard some cruise lines are not allowing people to bring aboard their own alcohol. Does anybody know if Disney Cruises allow it?

Yes, Disney is one of the few (if only) cruise lines to allow this. We usually bring a soft-sided rolling cooler (no ice) and carry it on. We then fill out the paper in the stateroom with times for ice fill ups. We keep our cooler full of ice at all times, and store the rest in the mini-fridge..
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2006, 02:43 PM   #3
ripvanwinkle
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommasita
Yes, Disney is one of the few (if only) cruise lines to allow this. We usually bring a soft-sided rolling cooler (no ice) and carry it on. We then fill out the paper in the stateroom with times for ice fill ups. We keep our cooler full of ice at all times, and store the rest in the mini-fridge..
Great. Thanks for the information.
Old 01-09-2006, 06:58 AM   #4
kcarl021
Mouseketeer

I am so glad someone else had this question. We sailed last year and our biggest expense was the alcohol. I was under the impression that they did NOT allow coolers though. In fact, I am looking at my cruise documents now and it specifically says coolers are not allowed except for medication and baby food items. Then it also says not to bring coolers with sodas or snacks. So I am confused. We wanted to bring a few bottles of wine and perhaps some rum, but now I am not sure how to pack it. Does that stuff need to go into the carry on? I can't imagine putting that into checked luggage in case it breaks.

What about buying at the ports? Last year we really regretting NOT buying a bottle of rum in St. Thomas. We could have had it on the ship. I know if you buy some at the store onboard, it is duty free, but they hold it until the end of the cruise. But in the ports, you get to keep it with you and drink it if you want. Only problem is once you open it, you have to finish it. Are there any good shopping ports on the Western Cruise?

Sorry for all of the questions but our alcohol bill last year was enormous and we are trying to save this year!
kcarl021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 07:10 AM   #5
BuzzBoyMom
My boys are my world!
Even the Tag Fairies like to vacation at WDW...they'll be back!

We bought alcohol before we left PC, brought it on board with us. Enjoyed our drinks.

Then when we got to each port we restocked our supplies. They did not hold our alcohol till the end of the cruise. Mind you we only bought 2-3 bottles, but we carried them right on.

It was very easy and we plan to do it everytime.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:20 AM   #6
ripvanwinkle
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzBoyMom
We bought alcohol before we left PC, brought it on board with us. Enjoyed our drinks.

Then when we got to each port we restocked our supplies. They did not hold our alcohol till the end of the cruise. Mind you we only bought 2-3 bottles, but we carried them right on.

It was very easy and we plan to do it everytime.
That is great to know. Thanks!
Old 01-09-2006, 08:35 AM   #7
djs113
Luvs to Cruise on the Magic !

We brought a case of 12 bottles of wine with us on the 10 day Christmas cruise last year

We had it shipped to the ship (LOL), and it was waiting for us in our cabin when we arrived

- D
Old 01-09-2006, 08:44 AM   #8
ripvanwinkle
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs113
We brought a case of 12 bottles of wine with us on the 10 day Christmas cruise last year

We had it shipped to the ship (LOL), and it was waiting for us in our cabin when we arrived

- D
"shipped to the ship" 12 bottles? Nice! Was that for the 12 days of Christmas? On the 1st day of Christmas my true love gave to me....
Old 01-09-2006, 08:55 AM   #9
kcarl021
Mouseketeer

How do you have things shipped like that? Did you have any problems getting it to your room? I ask because last year we were upgraded from a Cat 8 room to a Cat 4 and we had one heck of a time getting our luggage delivered!

[/url]
kcarl021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 08:57 AM   #10
ripvanwinkle
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarl021
How do you have things shipped like that? Did you have any problems getting it to your room? I ask because last year we were upgraded from a Cat 8 room to a Cat 4 and we had one heck of a time getting our luggage delivered!

[/url]

Alcohol takes priority over clothes right?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: