Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2006, 06:12 PM   #46
Glynis
Taking applications for a WDW tour guide!

Quote:
Originally Posted by denisewagner
I want to lose weight with you guys. What do I do? Just weigh myself and then post it? Do you guys chat somewhere I am so new to on line. Help

We try to use this thread as a weekly weigh in place. Weigh yourself, post your goals, etc. and then edit it weekly. As Deb said, come over to the Weight loss accountability thread to chat and get encouragement. We celebrate all the losses, and support through all the gains. We'd love to have your company! All are welcome here!

2014 Reading Challenge Goal: 70 books

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs ~ In The Company of Others ~ The Devil in the White City ~ Gathering Blue ~ Messenger ~ The Bell Jar ~ The Boys in the Boat ~ The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches ~ Son ~ Beach Colors ~ Welcome to Last Chance ~ Last Chance Beauty Queen ~ Last Chance Knit and Stitch ~ The World According to Garp ~ The Bean Trees ~ I'll Be Seeing You ~ The Hours ~ Prodigal Summer ~ The Ocean at the End of the Lane
Glynis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 01:23 PM   #47
hellokitty86
If I didn't wear it myself- I would want my husband to wear it!
DH does call me a toilet paper snob
Did the lovebugs bother you too, like they bothered me??!

New to the board

[FONT=Arial]

Hello everyone, I'm Ashley and I just started dieting/exercising last week. Actually, It's not really a diet, just eatting healthier, drinking ALOT less soda and more water, and exercise every night with my husband. We started last week, were doing really well going to our apartment community gym for 2 nights in a row, until I got a horrible cold! Last night was our first night going back to working out.

My Goal: Lose 40 pounds before my Disney trip (September 22), get used to walking so my legs don't ache so bad during our trip!!!

I actually lost 3 pounds last week because I was sick and didn't eat much! Hey that counts right?? =)
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2006, 07:27 AM   #48
my3princes
Looking for a milestone to claim
I'm beginning to think I'm the invisible DISer (but Disney sure noticed you!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellokitty86
[FONT=Arial]

Hello everyone, I'm Ashley and I just started dieting/exercising last week. Actually, It's not really a diet, just eatting healthier, drinking ALOT less soda and more water, and exercise every night with my husband. We started last week, were doing really well going to our apartment community gym for 2 nights in a row, until I got a horrible cold! Last night was our first night going back to working out.

My Goal: Lose 40 pounds before my Disney trip (September 22), get used to walking so my legs don't ache so bad during our trip!!!

I actually lost 3 pounds last week because I was sick and didn't eat much! Hey that counts right?? =)
Ashley We have all been working on and off on this weight loss thing since Jan 1st. I've been more off then on, but I'm doing better now. Join us on the weight loss motivation thread for comfort and motivation and great recipes . Use this board to give updates on your progress. Some post weekly others when they have something to report. I hope you find this community as useful as we all do. Nice to meet you.

Deb

Deb
my3princes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 11:39 AM   #49
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

A quick update since I forgot to do it on Tuesday! I lost another 2 pounds this week for a grand total of 32 pounds lost. Even better than that is that I am down FOUR sizes in jeans! I cannot believe how well this walking is working out

A welcome to our new members too

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 03:48 PM   #50
my3princes

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE
A quick update since I forgot to do it on Tuesday! I lost another 2 pounds this week for a grand total of 32 pounds lost. Even better than that is that I am down FOUR sizes in jeans! I cannot believe how well this walking is working out

A welcome to our new members too
Congratulations. That is a huge achievement. Do I hear a new wardrobe coming this summer . You sure earned one.

Deb

Deb
Old 04-07-2006, 06:30 PM   #51
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by my3princes
Congratulations. That is a huge achievement. Do I hear a new wardrobe coming this summer . You sure earned one.

Deb
Since I teach, I needed to go ahead and buy a few things already. So, I have four new pairs of pants, a pair of jeans and 5 new tops. Ought to get me through the end of the school year! Next time I shop I think I will be out of the plus sizes. And, thanks again, Deb

Old 04-21-2006, 09:15 PM   #52
mommykds
All Disney all the time! Hang on little Dole Whip, Momma's coming!

Hi!

I have been back to doing WW's & doing good so far..It's day 3 for me.

I hope to lose at least 30 lbs by my August trip.

I will be weighing in on Wednesday so I'll post my loss (hopefully) then.
* Mar 1998 AS Music * Dec 1999 AS Movies * Dec 2002 Polynesian * Nov 2003 Carribean Beach * Oct 2005 Port Orleans Riverside * Aug 2006 Beach Club CL * Aug 2007 Beach Club CL * Oct 2007 Pop Century * Apr 2008 Wonder & Boardwalk Inn * Aug 2008 Port Orleans Riverside * Dec 2008 Coronado Springs * Jul 2009 Boardwalk CL * Oct 2009 Contemporary * Dec 2009 Offsite * Mar 2010 Wonder & Polynesian CL * Jul 2010 Beach Club CL * Dec 2010 Port Orleans French Quarter * Aug 2011 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2012 Hampton Inn LBV * Jul 2012 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2013 Art of Animation LM * Aug 2013 Pop Century * Nov 2013 Embassy Suites LBV * Apr 2014 AS Music FS * Jul 2014 Embassy Suites LBV/Boardwalk Inn *
mommykds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 09:37 AM   #53
kc10family
Fly Chick

MY GOAL: To lose 15 pounds (have lost 40 with WW from Sep 04-Sep05)

MY PLAN: To stay on track and try not to loose sight of what I want for myself and kids. I can’t very well run and play if I am to heavy.

Exercise: With the winter almost over (very hard to stay out of the blues) I hope to take the girls on more walks, this should be good exercise. Along with showing the girls a few exercises we can do in the house together. Crunches, push-up, leg lifts and the best…. Dancing to Disney Songs!

Diet: Stay w/I my pts for each week and not beat myself up when I don’t.

PROGRESS:

4-22-06 to

Last edited by kc10family; 04-22-2006 at 11:47 AM.
kc10family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 06:58 AM   #54
bethbuchall
Had to make sure she was in Disney World on her 40th

My Progress:

4/19/06: Start
4/26/06: -9 (-9)
5/3/06: -3.5 (-12.5)
5/10/06: -3.5 (-16)
5/17/06: -2 (-18)
5/24/06: -2 (-20)
5/30/06: -1 (-21)
6/7/06: -4.5 (-25.5)
6/14/06: -2.5 (-28)
6/21/06: -0.5 (-28.5)

Beth

Last edited by bethbuchall; 06-23-2006 at 05:52 AM.
bethbuchall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 07:44 AM   #55
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethbuchall
My Progress:

4/19/06: Start
4/26/06: -9 (-9)
5/3/06: -3.5 (-12.5)

Beth
WOW! Well done, Beth!

Old 05-03-2006, 07:49 AM   #56
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

I have forgotten to keep this current... sorry about that! But, here is my updated info.

GOAL - 60 pounds

DIET - NutriSystem "Take the Weekends Off"

EXERCISE - mailnly walking 20-30 minutes a day with weight training and resistance training 3 times a week.

PROGRESS -
1/18/06: - 4.5 lbs (55.5 to go)
1/24/06: - 2.4 lbs (53.1 to go)
1/31/06: - 3.3 lbs (49.8 to go)
2/07/06: - 2.6 lbs (47.2 to go)
2/14/06: - 1.8 lbs (45.4 to go)
2/21/06: - 1.4 lbs (44.0 to go)
5/2/06: -24 more pounds since 2/21 (20 pounds to go)

Old 05-03-2006, 09:09 AM   #57
my3princes

I just read through this thread looking for updates. These people have either posts an update or joined recently. So these are the ladies that appear to still be working toward that New Year's Resolution (or new day's which is sometimes the case ) I just want to say kudos to all of you for sticking with the plan. We are all here supporting you and look forward to hearing how you are doing. If you need a kick in the butt we are here for that too. So here is our current participants:

Beth
Paula
Elin
Melanie
Beckywhy (sorry I don't know your real name though I suspect Becky)
Deb
Nancy
Jen
Glynis
Ellen
Lynn

If anyone else is still with us then give us an update or consider this your kick in the butt then give us an update

You go girls.....I personally know that kitchensinkguy is struggling with this whole diet exercise thing so he is on again off again and I am purposely excluding him

Deb

Deb
Old 05-03-2006, 10:28 AM   #58
mommykds
All Disney all the time! Hang on little Dole Whip, Momma's coming!

Hi Deb! I am still here!

I am on day #15 of my 100 day challenge & I am down 7 lbs so far. Today was my weigh in day. Doing WW's (no meetings though, just on my own). I got a 2 mile walk away the pounds video that I tried this week for the 1st time & its really good.

Hope everyone is doing well today!
* Mar 1998 AS Music * Dec 1999 AS Movies * Dec 2002 Polynesian * Nov 2003 Carribean Beach * Oct 2005 Port Orleans Riverside * Aug 2006 Beach Club CL * Aug 2007 Beach Club CL * Oct 2007 Pop Century * Apr 2008 Wonder & Boardwalk Inn * Aug 2008 Port Orleans Riverside * Dec 2008 Coronado Springs * Jul 2009 Boardwalk CL * Oct 2009 Contemporary * Dec 2009 Offsite * Mar 2010 Wonder & Polynesian CL * Jul 2010 Beach Club CL * Dec 2010 Port Orleans French Quarter * Aug 2011 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2012 Hampton Inn LBV * Jul 2012 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2013 Art of Animation LM * Aug 2013 Pop Century * Nov 2013 Embassy Suites LBV * Apr 2014 AS Music FS * Jul 2014 Embassy Suites LBV/Boardwalk Inn *
mommykds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 10:50 AM   #59
Glynis
Taking applications for a WDW tour guide!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Nancy
MY GOAL: To lose 30 pounds

MY PLAN:
Exercise:30 minutes of exercise 5 days a week
Diet: eliminate most whites

PROGRESS:
1/1/06: 30 pounds to go
3/6/06: 26 pounds to go LOST 4!
4/25/06:25 pounds to go LOST 5! (I think I am on a real plan now and have some good support and a real exercise plan!!)
5/1/06 23 pounds to go LOST 7. Gained muscle, clothes fit better. On SOuth Beach, it isn't easy.

Yay, Nancy!! Looks good! It's nice to see you posting again!

2014 Reading Challenge Goal: 70 books

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs ~ In The Company of Others ~ The Devil in the White City ~ Gathering Blue ~ Messenger ~ The Bell Jar ~ The Boys in the Boat ~ The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches ~ Son ~ Beach Colors ~ Welcome to Last Chance ~ Last Chance Beauty Queen ~ Last Chance Knit and Stitch ~ The World According to Garp ~ The Bean Trees ~ I'll Be Seeing You ~ The Hours ~ Prodigal Summer ~ The Ocean at the End of the Lane
Glynis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 11:53 AM   #60
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

This is REALLY weird... I hav eposts from 4/22 and then today, but nothing in between. Including the post that Glynis quotes Nancy from!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: