Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2011, 11:01 AM   #346
tinknme
I happened to be posting on the thread
I told dh it must have been something in the water over there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneygrl36 View Post
Hey & welcome to the new peeps
Alcohol can be a challenge when trying to loose weight for sure. I like a cocktail myself. I really want to find & try Bethenney Frenkels skinnygirl margarita in a bottle. We don't have it around here but I am going to be on the lookout for it in SC when we go on vacation next month. I am on Weight Watchers & have been using my weekly flex pt allotment for my weekend cocktails.

I lost 1 lb this week so brings my total to 10lbs gone!
Congratulations Melanie, you are doing wonderful!

ETA: I had never heard of the drink you mentioned. I looked it up & can get here in town. I will have to try this, as margaritas are a favorite of mine. Thanks for the tip!

Last edited by tinknme; 04-14-2011 at 11:07 AM.
tinknme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 06:29 AM   #347
denisea51
Mouseketeer

Good morning fellow swimmers. I can't believe the sun is finally out even though they are calling for rain tomorrow, again. Haven't gotten on the scale yet but have my meals all planned for the week-end so hoping for the best on Mon. Everyone keep on swimming and have a great week-end Denise
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2011, 07:08 AM   #348
tinknme

Quote:
Originally Posted by denisea51 View Post
Good morning fellow swimmers. I can't believe the sun is finally out even though they are calling for rain tomorrow, again. Haven't gotten on the scale yet but have my meals all planned for the week-end so hoping for the best on Mon. Everyone keep on swimming and have a great week-end Denise

Good morning Denise, it is very windy here!

Old 04-15-2011, 07:49 AM   #349
Disneygrl36
Happy DVC member!!!!

Good luck on your weigh-in Denise. I think planning is a really big part of success with dieting so you are way ahead of the game!

Janet........let me know about how you like the skinnygirl margarita.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:04 AM   #350
tinknme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneygrl36 View Post
Good luck on your weigh-in Denise. I think planning is a really big part of success with dieting so you are way ahead of the game!

Janet........let me know about how you like the skinnygirl margarita.
I will & even though it is only 8 in the morning, I sure wish I had some now!(no I am not a lush, just having a bad time right now)

Old 04-15-2011, 08:52 AM   #351
denisea51
Mouseketeer

Janet, this time of the year isn't good for anyone. Lousy weather, spring fever aka allergies and TAXES Just wrote the check for mine. I'll join you with that margarita. I just keep reminding myself that there is a happy trip in the working
Old 04-16-2011, 02:14 PM   #352
Cinderella's slipper
A cross between Cinderella and Winnie the Pooh - "uniquely me"

Hello Fellow Weight Loss Battle winners

Having recently had Gastric Bypass Surgery to address both weight and health issues, the one thing I know for sure is that there is no easy way to lose weight. My decision to have Gastric Bypass Surgery was made due to the strength of the statistics on Diabetes and the % of patients who had the surgery where their diabetes went into remission. This was a huge factor in my decision to have surgery. I am now more than two months out from surgery and have had so many rough days of literally being physically ill, yet everytime I test my blood sugar it is in the healthy range. The results give me hope and help me over the rough days.

I want to congratulate all of you who are taking steps to move in the right direction both physically and in your diet. Wishing you the very best possible outcomes.

Linda ~~WDW Commando Club #200
October 1982 offsite -- October 1986 offsite
Many trips in between -POFQ -- Disney World Land & Sea Cruise Poly, Sept 2001 -- POR, Sept 2002 -- Disneyland, Aug 2005 --Shades of Green, Feb 2008 -- Dreams Come True Trip, AKL, Oct 2009 --POFQ, Sept 2011 -- Pop Century, Oct 2012 -- Offsite, March 2014 an all girls trip.
Cinderella's slipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 02:20 PM   #353
tinknme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's slipper View Post
Having recently had Gastric Bypass Surgery to address both weight and health issues, the one thing I know for sure is that there is no easy way to lose weight. My decision to have Gastric Bypass Surgery was made due to the strength of the statistics on Diabetes and the % of patients who had the surgery where their diabetes went into remission. This was a huge factor in my decision to have surgery. I am now more than two months out from surgery and have had so many rough days of literally being physically ill, yet everytime I test my blood sugar it is in the healthy range. The results give me hope and help me over the rough days.

I want to congratulate all of you who are taking steps to move in the right direction both physically and in your diet. Wishing you the very best possible outcomes.
Hi there Good luck with your weight loss, I am sure it is not a easy journey with the surgery(being sick & all), but it sounds like you made the right decision. I am glad to hear that your diabetes is staying within normal range.

Hang in there, it will get easier!

Old 04-16-2011, 02:22 PM   #354
Cinderella's slipper
A cross between Cinderella and Winnie the Pooh - "uniquely me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinknme View Post
Hi there Hang in there, it will get easier!
Thank you for your kind note.

Linda ~~WDW Commando Club #200
October 1982 offsite -- October 1986 offsite
Many trips in between -POFQ -- Disney World Land & Sea Cruise Poly, Sept 2001 -- POR, Sept 2002 -- Disneyland, Aug 2005 --Shades of Green, Feb 2008 -- Dreams Come True Trip, AKL, Oct 2009 --POFQ, Sept 2011 -- Pop Century, Oct 2012 -- Offsite, March 2014 an all girls trip.
Cinderella's slipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 07:47 AM   #355
denisea51
Mouseketeer

Good morning I hope everyone had a successful Sat. The sun is shinning and I hope no one was effected by the horrible storms yesterday and last night. They kept flashing storm warnings all day and they had a saying that is appropriate for us "turn around, don't drown". We all need to turn around our eating habits so we can keep on swimming!!! Have a good one. Denise
Old 04-17-2011, 10:02 AM   #356
my3princes
Looking for a milestone to claim
I'm beginning to think I'm the invisible DISer (but Disney sure noticed you!)

Life is out of control busy here. I really don't think things will ever slow down. Chris and I have decided to start Atkins tomorrow. We were very successful on it many years ago so we think it's time to give it another shot. last time I lost 50 lbs in 4 months. I'd like to lose 25 - 30 lbs so we'll see how it goes. I know that it will take more preparation each day to pull it off, but I really need to do something.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:55 PM   #357
denisea51
Mouseketeer

Good luck with Atkins. My thought is if it works for you try it. Sadly I haven't found the magic system yet. Do your planning and find willpower and the two of you can do it together. Keep on swimming
Old 04-17-2011, 03:13 PM   #358
tinknme

Quote:
Originally Posted by my3princes View Post
Life is out of control busy here. I really don't think things will ever slow down. Chris and I have decided to start Atkins tomorrow. We were very successful on it many years ago so we think it's time to give it another shot. last time I lost 50 lbs in 4 months. I'd like to lose 25 - 30 lbs so we'll see how it goes. I know that it will take more preparation each day to pull it off, but I really need to do something.
Good luck Deb, I know you & Chris can do it!

Old 04-17-2011, 05:51 PM   #359
my3princes
Looking for a milestone to claim
I'm beginning to think I'm the invisible DISer (but Disney sure noticed you!)

Chris and I went grocery shopping and got what we needed to start our diet tomorrow. We of course are being totally bad tonight
Old 04-17-2011, 06:05 PM   #360
denisea51
Mouseketeer

Great start.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: