Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2005, 08:23 AM   #1
Temair
Mouseketeer

My first Disney Trip Report

Its been a few days since I have returned and thought I would share my report on my vacation. We had a great time. There were some lines but for the most part using the Unoffical Guide we didn't have crowds. Our first 2 days we park hopped all parks. Saw Wishes and Illuminations. We followed the plan to do a park in the morning have a short break then do another park that evening. One day we spent only at Magic Kingdom and they next day my dd slept in till 9 am. We did take advantage of the EEMH at epcot. We did the world that night. DD managed to lose her epcot passport in Canada but we didn't notice till we got over to Mexico. So back we went. Luckily a nice person had found the passport and turned it in at the Canada gift shop. We never did get to see Fantasmic as we were just to busy. We also missed seveal parts of Epcot. I was really impressed at how educational Epcot was. I could spend a week in Epcot alone and be happy. We all loved Magic Kingdom. DD loved the rollercoasters and we rode Big Thunder twice in a row with no wait. It was cold every time we hit Magic Kingdom so we never rode Splash Mountain. I must say all the restaurants were excelent and the people were wonderful. At Animal Kingdom we had a CM give our daughter a pin when she heard DD helped deliver newspapers at 2 am for 2 months to help pay for the vacation. We saw the Narnia Movie at DD on opening day and really enjoyed it. On the morning of our last day we headed to MGM to see the Narnia Exhibit and see Lights, Action, Motor Cars. Both were great.

All in all we had a great time and didn't really want to leave, but real life calls and you have to pay the bills. But we all agreed we do need to go back. It will probably be several years before we can afford to go, but we will start planning now.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:40 AM   #2
disneyfreak74
DIS Veteran

Great to hear that you had a wonderful trip!!!!

All Star Sports Sept 01 ~ Nov 01 ~ Jan 04 ~ Sept 05 ~ Dec 05 ~ Sept 06 ~ Jan 07 ~ Aug 08
Pop Century Mar 05
French Qtr July 07
Caribbean Beach Sept 09 FREE DINING!!!

I have earned my EARS!!!
My son fell in love with the football court, so there we must stay. . . . . AGAIN!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-13-2005, 08:44 AM   #3
luvmy2sams
Proud Mommy
Flip flops creep me out!
Drank cowboy kool-aid & now I'm married
Drinks Rattlesnakes and does the 2 Step until 2am!

Thanks for sharing your trip. Sounds like you had a wonderful time.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:56 PM   #4
Montana Minnies
DIS Veteran

Smile

Thanks for sharing.
How long did you stay, Temair?
The first time we went it was the "trip of a lifetime" that was 28 years ago. After our 5th trip (2004) we said," and when we go again."
It was 15 years between two of our WDW vacations,(1988,2003) hopefully we won't have to wait that long before going again.
Each time there has been special memories.

Montana Minnies

Old 12-13-2005, 09:28 PM   #5
fabumouse
Maybe I should be less intimate with my ice cream scooper!
Has sneeze splat issues
I think maybe I would have *lied* about this

Sounds like you had a great trip, Temair. That is so sweet about your daughter helping to pay for the trip - too often we hear about kids who are ungrateful for the sacrifices their parents made to take them on vacation - what a nice contrast your dd is!

And I just love that Unofficial Guide. I give them out as gifts to people even thinking of going to WDW. =)
1999 Poly~2004 OffSite~2005 BC~2006 Contemporary~2007 Swan~2008 Hilton~2009 Swan/Magic~2009 Cor. Springs~2009 Car.Beach/Magic~2010 DCL Europe~2010 DL~2011 DCL Alaska~2011 Poly~2012 MV Fantasy~ 2013 DCL Greece

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: