Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2014, 12:29 PM   #1
Terran939
Earning My Ears

1st Solo Trip for F&WF Oct 8-10

Hi Everyone! A friend pointed me to this site, so I figured Id give a shot posting. (hope Im not breaking any rules)

So, Im going to Disney for my first ever solo trip from 8-10 Oct. I was a bit nervous, but I had 3 different people who frequent the parks pretty often, tell me Ill be just fine.

Im mainly just going for the Food and Wine Festival. (it's on my bucket list to dink around the world lol) Staying at the Sports Resort, and spending the day at Epcot on the 9th. Was thinking about catching dinner/drinks somewhere in Downtown Disney on Wednesday evening. Anyone have any suggestions on where to go? Anyone have plans to be out already?

Any tips or pointers I need to know? And if anyone else will be doing Epcot next Thursday, and wants to catch a drink in the worlds, let me know!!
Terran939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 05:40 PM   #2
Joe712
Earning My Ears

Will just miss you by a week as I am here on my solo trip now. I would suggest definitely going to raglan road in downtown for drinks. Nothing beats a good bar and live music. Have fun!
Joe712 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2014, 08:07 PM   #3
Terran939
Earning My Ears

Awesome, Ill probably check that out Wednesday night. Looks like several people have recommended it on other posts. Hope you've had a blast on your trip!
Old 10-02-2014, 09:50 PM   #4
Joe712
Earning My Ears

It's been great going solo! And not sure on the difference Wednesday to Thursday at raglan because I got here so late on Wednesday but I've been here for hours tonight and the crowd and bands and Irish dancers have been great.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:09 PM   #5
Terran939
Earning My Ears

I just looked it up... looks like a fun place!

Are you going to do the Food and Wine Festival at all? If you do, make sure you fill me in on any tips, tricks, or yummy stuff I have to try!
Old 10-02-2014, 11:25 PM   #6
Joe712
Earning My Ears

This is my third year at F&W and I'm probably not the best authority because I buy multiple items pretty much everywhere and spend way too much but typically starting to the right side which is Scotland Greece Canada Ireland seems to be less crowded than starting the day left into Mexico. Just my perception. Plus I like the food right and over the bridge to France/Belgium best anyway. You'll have a blast it's the best time of year ! Also the frozen s'mores were especially delicious as is the pork slider at Hawaii and filet at Canada. And great beer flights in multiple places
Old 10-03-2014, 02:14 AM   #7
Golden_Eagle426
We gaze continually at the world and it grows dull in our perceptions. Yet seen from the another's vantage point, as if new, it may still take our breath away" - Watchmen

Since you were thinking about Downtown Disney, I have to 2nd Raglan Road! Their food isn't bad and I love their drinks/entertainment. Also have to recommend Earl of Sandwich if you're in the mood for a relatively cheap and quick dinner. Otherwise, I enjoy the Wolfgang Puck quick service on the Westside.

I did food and wine Solo-ish last year and I preferred the drinks with the highest alcohol content Therefore, I really enjoyed the Singapore Sling and Happy Lychee? from China. I'm not sure of the quality of them this year, but they served their purpose last year. If you haven't before, you HAVE to try one of the margaritas from La Cava in Mexico! Pricey, but well worth the time and money!
Cast member -Fall Advantage College Program/Spring 2012 College program (Chatham)
October 2013 - Solo Trip/MNSSHP/Food and Wine
Golden_Eagle426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 08:53 AM   #8
Joe712
Earning My Ears

Earl of Sandwich is always the go-to for a quick meal at downtown.

I definitely agree on those mixed drinks also. Big fan of the happy lychee and I also like the soju slushy and the peach snap (my personal favorite) which isn't part of F&W but is at the stand right across from the China pavilion.
Old 10-03-2014, 09:36 AM   #9
Terran939
Earning My Ears

Im taking notes! ... especially on the drinks
Thanks guys!!
Old 10-03-2014, 11:43 AM   #10
DaisyDuck001
DIS Veteran

Another vote for Raglan Road! Mainly because I really enjoy watching their Irish tap dance show, so you might like it, too. But it's also probably some of the best food at DTD.
DaisyDuck001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 08:30 PM   #11
Golden_Eagle426
We gaze continually at the world and it grows dull in our perceptions. Yet seen from the another's vantage point, as if new, it may still take our breath away" - Watchmen

Umm... what else. Other things I'd recommend based on what I tried last year:

*Grand Marnier Orange Crush in France (not F & W). DELICIOUS!
*Innis & Gunn® Original - Scotland (I THINK you can find this at Raglan Road too. I wanna said I've have it in both places. Great if you're a beer fan)
*I'd also recommend the Scotch in Scotland

Hope you have a blast! Super jealous that I can't do food an wine this year!
Cast member -Fall Advantage College Program/Spring 2012 College program (Chatham)
October 2013 - Solo Trip/MNSSHP/Food and Wine
Golden_Eagle426 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: