Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2005, 11:21 AM   #1
ittybittykitty
Earning My Ears

butternut squash soup at Tony's Town Square

I had the best butternut squash soup for lunch at Tony's Town Square in the MK. It was so creamy and a little sweet. Does anyone know where I can get the recipe for it? Thanks.
ittybittykitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 01:06 PM   #2
DianeL
DIS Veteran

I LOVE that soup. I was able to have it for the 2nd time this past October (1st time back in 2001 i believe). I hope someone posts the recipe. I keep thinking of stopping and seeing if they have it again when I go in a few weeks even though we don't plan on eating there (no time this trip), wondering if I can get a cup to go LOL I've only had the pleasure of eating there 3 times so far and the other soup I had was just as good (cream of mushroom with gorgonzala cheese i believe).

Finished:
2006, 2007, 2009 WDW Half Marathon DL 2006 Inaugural 1/2 Marathon 2007 ToT 13K 2008 Marathon &5k 2008 Minnie 5K & 15K 2008 DL Half - Coast to Coast Challenge 2008 WDW Expedition Everest Challenge 2009 Princess Half GOOFY2010

DianeL is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-11-2005, 02:53 PM   #3
landmark
Addicted to Disney... not seeking cure.

OMG!! We were there last week and I had this at dinner. I think I could have had nothing BUT that and would have been happy. "Butternut squash soup please, and keep 'em coming!" I would love the recipe as well... though nothing can beat actually having it at Tony's!

That being said I think the name keeps some people from trying it. Both DH and DD wouldn't even try a taste even though I was raving about it. They just sat there giving me the look like "Sure...squash good??? You've officially lost it." The good thing is if I did make some at home I know they wouldn't steal it!

Upcoming Trips!
2007 (Nov) MVMCP
Recent Trips
2006 (Oct) POP and First MNSSHP
2005 (Nov/Dec) POP First MVMCP (March) 3 nt Wonder, POR, SOG, CR Tower
2004 (May) POFQ, AKL
2003 (Sept) Contemporary
landmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 05:01 PM   #4
cocodog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeL
I LOVE that soup. I was able to have it for the 2nd time this past October (1st time back in 2001 i believe). I hope someone posts the recipe. I keep thinking of stopping and seeing if they have it again when I go in a few weeks even though we don't plan on eating there (no time this trip), wondering if I can get a cup to go LOL I've only had the pleasure of eating there 3 times so far and the other soup I had was just as good (cream of mushroom with gorgonzala cheese i believe).

I LOVE LOVE LOVED that mushroom gorgonzola soup-- have been looking for a recipe evr since !
cocodog is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: