Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Cooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2008, 01:31 PM   #871
plummer925
DIS Veteran

Easy Crescent Cinnamon Buns

1 package of refrigerated Crescent Rolls (I used Pillsbury)
1 Tbsp Cinnamon
1/4 cup Sugar
1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
Dash of milk

Preheat oven 375

Mix cinnamon and regular sugar in a bowl - set aside.

Unroll crescent roll - separate and sprinkle each triangle with the cinnamon/sugar mixture then roll up starting with the long end - just like you would if you were making the crescent rolls. Once rolled, roll the entire roll in the cinnamon/sugar mixture to coat. Place on UNGREASED cookie sheet.

Bake for 11-13 minutes until done.

Meanwhile, mix the 1/4 cup powdered sugar with the milk to make a glaze (not too thick, not too thin, you'll have to play with the amounts).

When rolls are done, place on plate or platter and use a spoon to glaze them. They are REALLY yummy! I served some for breakfast yesterday when we had a guest and they were gobbled up quickly!
plummer925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 04:52 PM   #872
Cindy F
DIS Veteran

These are such great recipes, I can't wait to try them to take to church! Thanks to everyone who contributed so the rest of us could benefit, and thanks to the person who compiled them all too!

Last edited by Cindy F; 07-13-2009 at 09:22 AM.
Cindy F is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-19-2008, 05:52 PM   #873
ksunnenberg@hotmail.
Earning My Ears

In response to CrazyForDL - Your list sounds yummy, but I think you are making things harder on yourself (packaging-wise) by having such a varied mix. Candy-like items like chocolate bark are very easy and inexpensive to package (I suggest cellophane treat bags, holiday paper plates wrapped up in cellophane with a pretty bow, holiday tins, or small candy boxes w/clear windows). Cookies can also be packaged by these same methods. The cellophane bags are cheapest, as you can get them from a party store or dollar store very cheaply. Soft things like cheesecake bars, lemon bars, etc., are most difficult to package, because they must be laid out flat in a little box or on a paper plate wrapped up in cellophane. Also, soft bars don't keep very long, and often require refrigeration! I would also be cautious not to mix too many strong flavors, as they will mix together (lemon bars tend to make everything else taste lemony too). Budget-wise, if I were you, I would stick with things like chocoate bark, muddy mix/chex mix, chocolate covered pretzels, or sturdy cookies. These can be made well in advance and stay intact once packaged. I also suggest that you go out after Xmas this year and shop stores like Target, WalMart, & Big Lots for holiday tins and tin platters for NEXT year. I get tins and platters for 20 cents each after Xmas, and save them for the next year. My baked good list each year is chocolate covered pretzels w/holiday sprinkles for some people (some in tins, some in cello bags) and larger tins and platters of a mix of cookies (sturdy cookie choices include powdered mexican wedding cookies, chocolate chunk cookies, and gingersnap stars). I use cellophane or wax paper inside the tin to make dividers between the 3 sections of cookies. Also, I can't leave well enough alone, so I usually wrap the tin (and definitely the platters, as it is necessary) with a big piece of clear cellophane, so that I have a chance to use my fun fabric ribbon that I collect year-round. Trust me, if you collect these items in advance you can spend much less than you would on gladware. Oh, and as far as pumpkin bread, that is also a great idea. Again, flavor-wise, I would be cautious not to mix it with other things, as it will all end up pumkin-y tasting. But I have received pumpkin bread in a dispoable foil pan (get them cheaply at dollar store) wrapped in cellophane with a bow. Also one year a neighbor gave me a bread that she cooked right in a little ceramic bread loaf crock... I believe it was from the dollar store, but I did see some last night at Michael's (craft store) for $1.00. Of course, that is not so budget-friendly. As you can tell, I'm a packaging nut and love to make things for people. My co-workers call me Martha Stewart. haha. Sorry this post is so long! If you need any other details, don't hesitate to ask.
ksunnenberg@hotmail. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 06:23 PM   #874
ksunnenberg@hotmail.
Earning My Ears

Yes, it's me again -- I had another thought, so here it is. This idea is EASIER than cookies, so this should appeal to those of you who want quick, quick quick gifts. My mom has always been an awesome cook & baker. She's the reason that I enjoy cooking & baking as well. My mom's longest running, most successful gift has been Fantasy Fudge. This is the fudge recipe from off the back of the Kraft Marshmallow Creme jar. There are people (online) who claim that Kraft has altered the recipe in recent years and that its not as good as the old one, but mom and I have made both, and find no difference in the taste. I mean, how can you ever go wrong with chocolate, butter, sugar, and marshmallow? And besides, there are people all around our town that remark year-round on my mom's excellent fudge. So it's a satisfying gift to give. You do have to make the investment in the chocolate chips, marshmallow creme, and a few other things, but at the holidays WalMart has great prices on these items. Plus a little Fantasy Fudge goes a LONG way. The fudge is easy and quick (it's a one-pot kinda thing!) and once you're done on the stovetop it just has to cool in a baking pan and set until firm. You can submerge marshmallows and nuts on top to make rocky road fudge , or you can decorate with xmas sprinkles (both of these items would be added while fudge is still hot). Once cooled, cut into (small) squares and package in tins, boxes, or on xmas paper plates wrapped in cellophane. If you want the recipe, speak up, and I will happily post it!
Old 10-19-2008, 07:57 PM   #875
dbogen
Your wish is my command!
Opens threads to see what's inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksunnenberg@hotmail. View Post
Yes, it's me again -- I had another thought, so here it is. This idea is EASIER than cookies, so this should appeal to those of you who want quick, quick quick gifts. My mom has always been an awesome cook & baker. She's the reason that I enjoy cooking & baking as well. My mom's longest running, most successful gift has been Fantasy Fudge. This is the fudge recipe from off the back of the Kraft Marshmallow Creme jar. There are people (online) who claim that Kraft has altered the recipe in recent years and that its not as good as the old one, but mom and I have made both, and find no difference in the taste. I mean, how can you ever go wrong with chocolate, butter, sugar, and marshmallow? And besides, there are people all around our town that remark year-round on my mom's excellent fudge. So it's a satisfying gift to give. You do have to make the investment in the chocolate chips, marshmallow creme, and a few other things, but at the holidays WalMart has great prices on these items. Plus a little Fantasy Fudge goes a LONG way. The fudge is easy and quick (it's a one-pot kinda thing!) and once you're done on the stovetop it just has to cool in a baking pan and set until firm. You can submerge marshmallows and nuts on top to make rocky road fudge , or you can decorate with xmas sprinkles (both of these items would be added while fudge is still hot). Once cooled, cut into (small) squares and package in tins, boxes, or on xmas paper plates wrapped in cellophane. If you want the recipe, speak up, and I will happily post it!
Is the recipe still on the Fluff Jar? I remember making this years ago. Thanks for reminding me. I will add it to the christmas cookie lists.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:32 PM   #876
ksunnenberg@hotmail.
Earning My Ears

I actually buy the Kraft Marshmallow Creme brand, and the recipe for Fantasy Fudge is on every jar. I have seen Fluff brand at the store, and although I've never looked at it, I would assume they have a similar recipe. If you need the recipe though, just let me know!
Old 10-21-2008, 04:42 PM   #877
Dopey Rocks!
Mouseketeer

Thank you SO MUCH to everyone! :

I was just beginning to think about what I would do for the holidays and now I know--well, kind of...now I just need to choose which ones to use.

2002 Off Site...............DH and Me
2003 All Star Music....DH and Me
2008 Pop Century.........DH, Me and 3.5 yo DS (FIRST trip!!)

PLANNING FOR 2013!!!
Dopey Rocks! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 03:20 PM   #878
Shagley
If you don't move when I say "beep beep", I will run you down.

Bumping
Shagley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 08:52 PM   #879
jacksmom
DIS Veteran

I can't wait for some new ideas!
Old 11-02-2008, 09:32 PM   #880
princessesrule4
Nope, it's your imagination. It's dark orchid tag night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksunnenberg@hotmail. View Post
We make Fantasy Fudge every year!! It is the best fudge recipe!
princessesrule4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 06:27 PM   #881
sandiegosusie
DIS Veteran

Chocolate Carmel Bark

Does anyone have a recipe for chocolate carmel bark? I read about it on this thread but there was no recipe...I would love to try it!

DCLWonder 2003
DCL Wonder 2007
DCL Magic 2009
DCL Dream 2013
DL annual passholders...too many trips to count.
WL 2003
CSR 2007
POR 2008
POFQ 2009
CR 2011
sandiegosusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 06:46 PM   #882
CrAzY4DL
Mommy, you magic-ed my heart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandiegosusie View Post
Does anyone have a recipe for chocolate carmel bark? I read about it on this thread but there was no recipe...I would love to try it!
I think that was from me!! I have the recipe but I have never made it so was hoping to make it before I post the recipe but I am willing to post it and let someone else guinea pig it for me. :-D

1 pkg. (8 squares) Bakers Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate
1/2 cup Planters cocktail peanuts
1/2 cup Kraft caramel bits
1 Tbsp. water

Microwave chocolate in medium microwavable bowl on high 2 min., stirring after 1 min. Stir until choc. is completely melted. Add peanuts. Spread onto waxed paper-covered baking sheet.
Microwave caramel bits and water in small bowl 1 min.; stir until bits are completely melted. Drizzle over chocolate; swirl with toothpick to marbleize.
Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. Cut into pieces to serve. Makes 16 servings, one piece each.

**If anyone makes this, please let me know how it turns out. I am hoping to make some for Christmas treats which means they would be out of the fridge for at least 3 hours and I would like to know how they hold up. Thanks!

JylBean's Super Surprise almost 4 years old trip
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1392268

DH & I private DL party
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3056896
CrAzY4DL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 07:05 PM   #883
sharonmickey
DIS Veteran

I don't know if anyone has posted this yet but here is a recipe for
peanut butter chocolate fudge that melts in your mouth. It is quick and easy.

1 lb chocolate melt wafers (either dark chocolate or milk)
1 lb white chocolate melt wafers
one jar of the least expensive peanut butter you can find (name brands don't work as well) I use the Sam's club brand

place all the ingredients in a microwaveable bowl. Microwave on high for three minutes. Stir well, pour in a cake pan and allow to set.
5/11/10-5/16/10; 12/17/11-12/23/11 - Pop Century
sharonmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 08:10 PM   #884
roxy83
Mouseketeer

Subbing...

1994 - Band Trip at Universal with a parade at MGM...the magic was born, 1997 CBR, 2003 CBR, 2004 BoardWalk, 2004 Pop Century, 2005 Contemporary,2006 AKL, 2007 Poly, 2008 CBR Holiday trip
roxy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 09:05 PM   #885
cruellababy
I'm a nosey bugger

subbing- all these awesome recipes you all have taken the time to post and compile! You girls/guys rock! Thanks! You just made my holidays so much easier!
cruellababy is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: