Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2005, 08:32 PM   #1
piratesmate
Drah-gun! I don't do that tongue thing!
I actually used to be smart...before I had kids & brain damage

Question Which Sizzlit alpha?? Need quick help! (well not so quick now)

I need some quick help! If you already had the Classic, Playground & Girls are Weird alphas, which of these would you get?
Boxed Brush
Graffiti
Bounce
Big Top or
Rat-a-Tat

Or if you can't decide but have one of those "potential" alphas would you tell me if you like it or hate it? Please?

TIA

ETA: I messed up. I thought the Sizzix 50% off one item coupon ended Friday night, but it's good until Dec 12th so I have more time to consider this. I'm still looking for input though.

Last edited by piratesmate; 12-03-2005 at 09:25 AM.
piratesmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 10:07 PM   #2
pattyT
Registered

I LOVE rat-a-tat
I think bounce is small like girls are wierd
Graffiti is kewl - I would like that one! - same with Boxed Brush
and I have -GASP- never seen Big Top!!!!

how outta the loop am I
pattyT is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-02-2005, 10:27 PM   #3
piratesmate

I was looking at the Sizzix site today & thought they were offering 40% off your entire order & got all excited! I was going to order the bundled Graffiti/Bounce set for DDIL & I for C'mas, but it was only 40% off the original price, not the bundle.

Then I was thinking about getting just a single set for 50% & was trying to decide what set. That's when I came across the Big Top set. That looks kind of fun - and larger than the others since there are no shadows...just upper/lower.

Question about the Rat-a-Tat...Can you put the letter over the "circle" - sort of like a shadow? Or do you just use one or the other. I can't decide between that one & Big Top! (Unless DH decides to get me half the bundled set...of course he doesn't understand why I "need" another alpha when I already have 2. "Don't you just use one font in the whole book??" Men!!
Old 12-03-2005, 03:06 AM   #4
graygables
Doesn't like to discuss the Y2K Picante Sauce thing
I ran away to London (as in England) when I was 17. We lived in Tulsa (as in Oklahoma) at the time

Boxed Brush is the next on my list! I think it looks very versatile, but I haven't been able to justify it...need to get a few more album jobs done first!
graygables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 03:10 AM   #5
disneyfreakjackie
The only thing better than a Disney trip is a new tag!
I want my tag fairy to be Jon Bon Jovi in a soft white robe . . . or not!!
Pick on Bon Jovi and you'll be living on a prayer

Talking

I NEED Big Top!!! I've been hinting to DH by sending him links to the sets on E-Bay, he didn't get the hint yet. I'm going over to the site right now, if Big Top is 40% off, I'm getting it!!! I LOVE it!! Michaels had Sizzix 40% off last night, DH picked me up the Gingerbread man and the "naked" tree!!

I have (in the order I use them most):
1. Aphrodite (BIG letters, no shadows, LOVE it!)
2. Graffiti
3. Bounce
4. Girls are Weird
5. Script
6. Boxed Brush
7. BIG TOP (just ordered at 50% off) Thanks for the enabler!! Plus I ordered SIX other dies at 40% off, boy are you in trouble deb!)

I think Girls are Weird and Graffiti resemble each other.

Obviously I think your best choice would be BIG TOP!!!

Off to the Sizzix site. I will send Paul to you about this Deb!!!

Jackie
6/94~Poly*5/00~DixieLandings*12/00~Sports*12/01~Sports*4/02~Riverside*12/03~Music*8/04~Wilderness Lodge*5/05~Riverside & Caribbean Beach*8/05~Coronado Springs*02/06~French Quarter*8/06~Coronado Springs & DISNEY WONDER*8/07~POP & DISNEY MAGIC-Eastern*8/08~Coronado Springs*5/09~Movies*10/10~7-nights @ Bay Lake Tower! & DISNEY MAGIC-Western Caribbean Halloween Cruise *8/11~9-nights~Bay Lake Tower*5/12~ Boardwalk Villa's~6-nights*~11/12 Grand CALIFORNIAN & DISNEY WONDER-Mexican Riviera*8/13~Animal Kingdom Lodge/Kidani~10-nights

Last edited by disneyfreakjackie; 12-03-2005 at 04:03 AM.
disneyfreakjackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 08:10 AM   #6
goofymom/pop
oh where oh where can the tag fairy be.....oh why oh why won't she visit me....:) - Here I am!!
I know because I work at a framing store

not much help here

I have classic (not my fav...too little) Graffitti (small and funky, not good on all pages) LOVE my Roundabout....its bigger and cleaner looking. Alot like CM stickers only a smidge bigger.

My name is Cindy and I am a scrapbooking addict.....

my little leaguer pitching....go T!
goofymom/pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 09:24 AM   #7
piratesmate

Thanks for the help ladies. I only ever checked the end date on the first coupon yesterday. I thought the 50% ended last night, which is why I was in a major hurry to decide. In the end I just couldn't - too much pressure - so I went to bed. I was so happy to wake up & find out that I can still decide today or tomorrow - hopefully they won't run out!

Jackie, I agree about the Girls are Weird & Graffiti being similar. That's one reason I was considering other things - it's just that Graffiti/Bounce was bundled.

The other thing I've been thinking about is that all 3 we have are small (5/8") so a larger one might be a good idea. The only thing is that Big Top is 1 1/2" which sounds like a big jump. I love it though.

I have a question about the Rat-a-Tat and Boxed Brush sets. In the picture the box shows what looks like negative space, except the centers of the letters are filled in. Like the "B" - it's not just an outline like a shadow is. How do they do that?? DH asked me last night because he likes that one, but I couldn't answer him. Can anyone help with that?
Old 12-03-2005, 01:17 PM   #8
disneyfreakjackie

Talking

Boxed Brush - I used this font in the following LO: the negative was used for the first letter of each word and the positive for the remaining letters (I think that's right!!??):

Goofy's Beach Club

You can use the negative or positive with these dies. I suppose you could punch the letter in two colors and insert a different color in the middle, that would look cool too!
6/94~Poly*5/00~DixieLandings*12/00~Sports*12/01~Sports*4/02~Riverside*12/03~Music*8/04~Wilderness Lodge*5/05~Riverside & Caribbean Beach*8/05~Coronado Springs*02/06~French Quarter*8/06~Coronado Springs & DISNEY WONDER*8/07~POP & DISNEY MAGIC-Eastern*8/08~Coronado Springs*5/09~Movies*10/10~7-nights @ Bay Lake Tower! & DISNEY MAGIC-Western Caribbean Halloween Cruise *8/11~9-nights~Bay Lake Tower*5/12~ Boardwalk Villa's~6-nights*~11/12 Grand CALIFORNIAN & DISNEY WONDER-Mexican Riviera*8/13~Animal Kingdom Lodge/Kidani~10-nights

Old 12-03-2005, 05:59 PM   #9
piratesmate

Thanks Jackie! I see it's a bit like a stencil for at least part of the letter. The link to the full alphabet on the Sizzix site is a bit deceptive - it shows both "bubble" parts of the uppercase "B" to be filled in. I really like it though.

I was just checking on the CreativeXpress site to see if they had any "deals" today that would help with this. On their home page it says that certain alphas are 50% off, and Boxed Brush is one of them. I even have a "Customer APpreciation Coupon" from them that would take another $5 off if it's 50%. However, when I look at the alpha it's priced at $145, not half off. Even when I clicked "Check out" the price didn't change. I was so excited too! And of course there's no one there today. I wonder what's up??
Old 12-03-2005, 08:41 PM   #10
disneyfreakjackie

Talking

You can get 50% off Boxed Brush or any set (anything actually) on Sizzix.com. You can only activate one coupon per order, so the way I did it:

1st order: Used the 50% off coupon and only ordered BIG TOP (for $75.00)

2nd order: Used 40% off coupon and ordered six other dies (all at 40% off!)
I wanted to get the ORIGINALS Frames/Circles and Squares but they were out of stock

I ordered:

Originals Die - Frames Set/Rectangle Combo
Originals Die - doodle Dies Bugs, Itty Bitty #1 by doodlebug
Originals Die - doodle Dies Bugs, Itty Bitty #2 by doodlebug
Originals Die - Charms, Flowers #2
Originals Die - Sun #2
Sizzlits Die Set - Shell Set by Marie Cole

ALL FOR ONLY $48.54 (shipping $5.95)

Saved LOTS! SAVED being the KEY word!!! That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!

Sizzix sales get me SO EXCITED!

Old 12-03-2005, 10:01 PM   #11
piratesmate

I'll probably end up over at Sizzix.com with the 50% off coupon. It's just that I have the other coupon/code from CreativeXpress & there were a bunch of other things I've wanted from there, but was waiting for something else to be on sale to justify the shipping cost.

I really wish I could have gotten to JoAnns today to use their 50% off coupon. I got a Sizzix storage tower with the last one (wasn't thinking about alphas at the time) and not everything fit. I was also thinking about buying a Sizzlits storage box for DDIL since I've gotten her 2 more sets. I sure wish I'd gotten to Mikes on Black Friday!
Old 12-03-2005, 10:21 PM   #12
disneyfreakjackie

Talking

Maybe your Michael's has 40% of sizzix, too!!! Call them!! Ohh, too late, maybe tomorrow. The problem with them is they rarely have the newly released dies, although they did have Boxed Brush because DH called me from there and asked if I "needed" this set!!

He took dd16 there to get yarn as she is into crocheting(sp??!!) now!! While he was there with her, he saw two men there ... one was one of dd's friend's father; the other was someone he worked with years ago ... now I know why DH was there, but why would men shop in Michael's???

Old 12-19-2005, 12:40 AM   #13
PIRATEGIRL007
DIS Cast Member
OMG! I am about to jump up and down!
real technical words, aren't they!

Noooooo!! I missed it and I havn't seen Big Top until now. I love it! I have to have it. I think I might have to express mail another list to Santa, I hope it's not too late!
PIRATEGIRL007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 07:46 AM   #14
piratesmate

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIRATEGIRL007
Noooooo!! I missed it and I havn't seen Big Top until now. I love it! I have to have it. I think I might have to express mail another list to Santa, I hope it's not too late!
I don't know if your Michaels gets in the newer items quickly (mine doesn't ) but did you see their ad this week?!?!? Sizzlits alphas are only $69.99!! That's the lowest price I've ever seen in print! (Even with my additional coupon at CreativeXpress I only paid about $7 less than that.)
Old 12-19-2005, 09:33 AM   #15
scrapcreator
DIS Veteran

Hey, how did you get a Michaels add? I haven't had one in 2 weeks! I think someone is stealing mine out of the paper (or maybe dh is hiding them, lol)

Anyway....I like Nouveau and Aphrodite for larger letters. I'm going to check out the Sizzix site and look at the Big Top. I'd like to get Rat-a-Tat. You might be able to find that one at Michaels. I've seen that one and Boxed Brush there.

I just got the Stencil set and I'm having fun with it.

Jeanne
scrapcreator is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: