Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2005, 12:06 PM   #1
ilovebeaches
Earning My Ears

Microwave in the hotel room

We are plannning a mid December disney trip with two small children. I was wondering what was the best way to get a microwave for your room for heating up their bottles/snacks. Any help would be appreciated!

If someone is going staying at Swan/Dolhin in the coming weeks and is interested in getting a cheap microwave during their stay, I would be willing to buy it from them for full price.
ilovebeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 12:43 PM   #2
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Unless your room is designed for cooking, you are not supposed to cook in the room. This would allow cooking in the DVC villas, but not the resort rooms. Is there a food court that has a microwave in it at the Dolphin?

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-03-2005, 06:26 AM   #3
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovebeaches
We are plannning a mid December disney trip with two small children. I was wondering what was the best way to get a microwave for your room for heating up their bottles/snacks. Any help would be appreciated!

If someone is going staying at Swan/Dolhin in the coming weeks and is interested in getting a cheap microwave during their stay, I would be willing to buy it from them for full price.
You can rent one from A Baby's Best Friend for $27.00 a week.

http://www.abbf.com/pricelist.html
Buzz2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 08:12 AM   #4
disfanatiks
Is pretty darn special
Lightening and typing don't mix
Go SD Go SD Go SD Yea!!

At Swan and Dolphin, microwaves are not allowed in the rooms.

I just called for you to inquire about a microwave usage somewhere in the resort and unfortunately there is not one for use.

And this is the sunset I love to see...
disfanatiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 10:02 AM   #5
eeyoreiscool
DIS Veteran

There are usually microwaves in the food court area that people can use. They probably don't want them in the room since they could trip some of the electrical breakers though. They can also be considered a fire hazard if you aren't careful.
eeyoreiscool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 08:44 PM   #6
ilovebeaches
Earning My Ears

Any food court(s) near Swan/Dolphin?

Are there any food court in the vicinity of Disney Dolphin?
ilovebeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 09:25 PM   #7
Cathy baby RN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill
Unless your room is designed for cooking, you are not supposed to cook in the room. This would allow cooking in the DVC villas, but not the resort rooms. Is there a food court that has a microwave in it at the Dolphin?
When we statyed at the Polynesian this past summer there was a microwave and a refrigerator outside of one of the doors in our building. When I asked about it,the man picking up the refrigerator said you could request a microwave. That was a surprise!
Cathy baby RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 12:18 AM   #8
DMRick
I prefer to be tagless!

And up until recently I believed this. I hate the smell of food cooking in my room and wish people wouldn't cook in theirs, as it's hard to get the smell out of curtains, and something about smelling onions next door from where I slepp..yuck. The values and mods have micros and toasters for you to use in the cafeterias. However, I did write to guest services at Disney and expected to post the note here on the Dis confirming my beliefs. I was surprised. My letter from them said it was fine to use appliances, to just not leave them plugged in when you leave. I still find it hard to believe, so I would suggest you just write them, and see what response you get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill

Please rescue a cat or kitten today! Most shelters are full.
DMRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 06:19 AM   #9
bicker
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Are there any food court in the vicinity of Disney Dolphin?
Tubby's buffeteria is a CS eatery with a significant range of choices, similar to many of the "food courts" available at Disney's own deluxe hotels.
bicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 07:38 AM   #10
disfanatiks
Is pretty darn special
Lightening and typing don't mix
Go SD Go SD Go SD Yea!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicker
Tubby's buffeteria is a CS eatery with a significant range of choices, similar to many of the "food courts" available at Disney's own deluxe hotels.
I called yesterday to inquire if there was a microwave available for public use in Tubby's and was told there was not one.

The suggestion was made to bring a bottle warmer or run hot water through the coffee pot.

And this is the sunset I love to see...
disfanatiks is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: