|11-28-2005, 06:10 PM||#1|
Mouseketeer and DIS Veteran
The Tag Fairy got lost on the way to my house
Awesome VMK Friend
Join Date: Aug 1999
Welcome to the DIS VMK Boards! Important Info Inside-Please Read
The VMK Moderating Team would like to extend a warm welcome to all of you! We are glad to have you join us. We hope the following information will be helpful to all of our VMK family, both new and veteran posters.
* Not sure what VMK is all about, have questions, looking for help with a quest? The VMK Players Guide is the place to go.
* Need help with a signature, avatar, wondering how to take screen shots? Want to show off your VMK creative side? The VMK Creations Board is just what you're looking for.
* Want to have some fun with fellow VMK'ers? Have something to discuss that's not specifically VMK game related? Check out the VMK Community Board.
* Don't forget to take a look at our VMK Trades and Wishes Board. You'll find some great deals on VMK items you would like to have.
* Please be sure you understand the DIS Boards Guidelines:
The forums are a part of Pete Werner's Unofficial Online Guide to Disney World (http://www.wdwinfo.com), also known as "The DIS". The site is owned and operated by Werner Technologies, Inc., and has no affiliations with the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries.
The DIS is designed is to give Disney fans a place to share their experiences with each other. We welcome visitors of all ages and it is our number one goal to keep the DIS friendly, fun and informative. With this in mind, we have created guidelines that will keep the DIS a site that anyone can enjoy whether they're a child or "child at heart."
The following guidelines/rules are in effect for our message boards:
1. FOR SALE posts: For sale ads are strictly prohibited on any of the DISboards. Anyone posting such ads will have their post deleted. This same policy applies to links to your ebay/auction listings . "For sale" posts includes requests for donations. If you are participating in or wish to promote a charitable event, please email the webmaster at email@example.com for permission first. (You will be asked to provide proof that the organization is legitimate.) Until your request is approved, we ask that you do not post about it on the boards.
2. NO PROFANITY: Simply put, don't use swear words and don't post or link to suggestive or inappropriate photos. The boards are equipped with censoring software. If you try to use a profanity, it will be filtered and appear as all asterisks. Please don't get creative in an attempt to bypass the filters. This is considered the same as using the word itself and will result in an infraction. If you post or link to pornography, you'll be banned from our site.
3. NO FIGHTING/SARCASM: While we'd like to think that a Disney fan site is always lighthearted, there are times when there are disagreements. Let's face it, there are certain topics that can transform any of us into a raging "Donald Duck." When you sense this is happening, we ask that you step away from the discussion before it escalates into a fight. Just like Mom always said about fighting, we don't care who started the argument and we don't want it on the DIS. (Okay, she didn't say the part about the DIS, but you know what we mean.) No attacking others and no sarcasm please. Either will result in an infraction.
4. NO PERSONAL MESSAGES: The types of posts that we like to see on the DIS are those that everyone can participate in and benefit from. When a post is intended for an individual, it creates a problem and can be very awkward for both the person you're publicly contacting as well as others. Did you know that you can easily get in touch with almost anyone via the DIS Private Message system? Simply click on the name of the person and you should see a link for sending them a private message and/or email. If you come across a situation where the person has blocked these options, sorry you still can't use the boards to get in touch.
5. ADVERTISING: The advertisers/sponsors who you see on the DIS are carefully chosen. While we welcome discussion of them as well as other businesses that you have information or questions about, if its determined that you are using the DIS to promote a commercial venture, you will lose your posting privileges. In addition, links to the company's website will be blocked.
6. STAYING ON TOPIC: Each of the DIS boards focuses on a specific topic. Please look the choices over before posting on the wrong board. For instance, you don't want to ask about park hours on the Restaurants Board or tell everyone about your stay at the Caribbean Beach Resort on the Disney Cruise Line Board. It makes it easier for everyone to find what they're looking for when the boards stay on topic.
7. MODERATORS: The DIS has a wonderful group of Moderators who have volunteered to assist our visitors and monitor the boards. Part of their responsibilities is ensuring that our guidelines are followed which may require that a thread is edited, deleted, closed or moved. If these decisions impact you, we ask that you respect them. Should you have any questions, please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any discussion about a Moderating decision that takes place on the boards could result in an infraction.
8. LINKS TO OTHER SITES: You are welcome to link to your website on our boards provided that a) you are not promoting a commercial service or for-profit venture, b) you don't post primarily to promote your site and c) that you place a prominent link back to the DIS on your website. Before posting a link to another site, we ask that you please first check to see if the same information is available on www.wdwinfo.com. We take great pride in our website. While we make the boards available for your enjoyment, our focus is Disney travel planning.
9. DISCOUNT CODES: As mentioned above, the DIS is all about planning a Disney vacation. On occasion, Disney does release discounts which usually can be obtained via a code. This information will be available in our Discounts section. However, Disney also sends mailings to specific individuals/target groups which contain a discount that can only be obtained with a PIN (personal identification number.) If you receive one of these offers, please do not share your PIN/Code on the DIS for others to use. We respect the fact that these offers are not for the general public and will remove any posts that include this information. Understand that this action is for your protection. For example, say you use Mrs. Smith's code. When you check in and are asked to produce proof that you are Mrs. Smith and cannot do so, you will be charged the full rate.
10. SIGNATURES: Your graphics may not exceed 550 pixels in width in total and or 200 pixels in height individually.
There is a limit of 3 graphics not including smilies.
Clipart may not exceed a cumulative size of 50,000 bytes (50k)
You may have up to 12 lines of text maximum in your signature inclusive of any code required to post your selected graphics
Links that lead to other sites must follow the rules stated in Guideline no. 8
The DIS reserves the right to remove any clipart, even if it meets these standards, that causes technical problems with the boards, or that we deem inappropriate.
If you have any questions or need help please visit our Tech Support Board
Please note that the Official WISH clipart is exempt from these rules as are the Official Sponsor graphics.
11. INFRACTIONS: The DIS guidelines are an important part in keeping the site family friendly. While the majority of our visitors abide by our rules, there are times when problems develop. In order to handle these issues consistently and fairly, we have developed an infraction system.
As you can see, the infractions have different point values. The majority of offenses will result in a warning via private message accompanied by infraction points which will expire according to schedule. Providing that you do not accumlate more points during that time, no further action should be needed. The more serious violations will result in additional penalties or an immediate banning.
If you do incur an infraction, you will be notified. If you wish to question or appeal this decision, please keep in mind that your correspondence is subject to the same regulations. At anytime you may contact the board administration at email@example.com.
There may be times where a situation develops that is not covered in our infraction system. For those cases we reserve the right to take whatever action is needed in order to ensure that our guidelines are followed.
Title -------------------------------Points ------------------------Expires
Argumentative Sarcastic Posts ...... 10 ................................... 15 Day(s)
Signature Rule Violation ................ 20 ................................... 15 Day(s)
Minor Personal Attack ................... 20 ................................... 15 Day(s)
Inappropriate Link ........................ 30 ................................... 30 Day(s)
Filter Violation ............................. 30 .................................... 30 Day(s)
Restarting a closed thread ............ 30 .................................... 30 Day(s)
Major Personal Attack ................... 40 .................................... 30 Day(s)
Attack on a moderator .................. 60 .................................... 30 Day(s)
Registered to Spam ..................... 100 .................................... Never
Posting Pornography ................... 100 .................................... Never
Posting under another user name
while banned .............................. 100 .................................... Never
If you have questions or issues regarding this, please feel free to direct them to the webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org
Following these simple, but very important guidelines will help ensure our boards maintain a friendly and fun atmosphere for all to enjoy.
If you see a post breaking board guidelines, please use the report post to moderator button so that we can take a look at it. The report post to moderator button is a red outlined triangle underneath the posters user name. The Moderating Team and/or the Webmasters will make all decisions on these reports.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Now let’s go have some fun!
Last edited by LoriR; 07-07-2007 at 10:53 AM.
|12-02-2005, 10:07 AM||#2|
Join Date: Sep 1999
Postings. Werner Technologies is under no obligation to review any messages, information or content ("Postings") posted on the site by users and assumes no responsibility or liability relating to any such Postings. Notwithstanding the above, Werner Technologies may from time to time monitor the Postings on the Site and may decline to accept and/or remove any Postings that contain:
Any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, including, but not limited to, any material which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law.
Advertisements or solicitations of any kind that are not instituted and approved by Werner Technologies, Inc.
Messages posted by users impersonating others.
Messages that are considered outside the scope and topic of a particular discussion forum
Personal information such as messages which state phone numbers, social security numbers, account numbers, addresses, or employer references.
Messages by non-spokesperson employees of Werner Technologies purporting to speak on behalf of Werner Technologies.
Messages that offer unauthorized downloads of any copyrighted or private information.
Chain letters of any kind.
|11-02-2006, 07:11 AM||#3|
Mouseketeer and DIS Veteran
The Tag Fairy got lost on the way to my house
Awesome VMK Friend
Join Date: Aug 1999
Regarding the "I'm leaving the DIS/VMK" Posts:
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|