Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Photography Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2005, 08:47 AM   #1
Scottwdw
PS Wizard

Pictures of Celebrities

I don't get much chance at taking pictures (well, good ones that is) of celebrities but, at this year's New York State Fair, Charlie Daniels was the free concert and people were allowed to come right up to the stage to take some pictures. This one was my favorite.

Nikon D70, Nikon 80-200 @ full zoom
Disney Photoblog: Picture This!

Webmaster of the Planning Strategy (PS) Calculator for Disney Reservations
Proud Disney World Visitor Since 1983
Sorcerer of the PS Calculator
Keeper of the PS FAQ

Last edited by Scottwdw; 11-30-2005 at 09:21 AM.
Scottwdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 04:17 PM   #2
MicMin
Grants Sparkling Wishes

Great photo!
Register to remove

Old 11-22-2005, 05:11 PM   #3
CharlesTD
Lovin the Mouse since 96

Very nice picture Scott oh and BTW

GO HABS GO
CharlesTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 06:55 PM   #4
MICKEY88
if you keep falling off of the planet...
It might be time for a one piece
100% Male Disney nut!

Brady Seals from his Little Texas days..

Pirate Rule #9: A pirate should always remove his hat in the presence of a bartender.
Pirate Rule #11: No pirate shall ever wear a “fanny pack”.
Pirate Rule # 17: Three-cornered hats, headbands and bandanas are the only acceptable headwear for pirates. Fedoras, bowler derbies, baseball caps, MICKEY EARS, top hats, sombreros, or anything with lace and flowers will be removed from the vessel– head included. A grace period of one minute is allowed for hats looted from a tailory.
MICKEY88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 06:57 PM   #5
MICKEY88
100% Male Disney nut!

Dwayne O'Brien..Little Texas...

Pirate Rule #9: A pirate should always remove his hat in the presence of a bartender.
Pirate Rule # 17: Three-cornered hats, headbands and bandanas are the only acceptable headwear for pirates. Fedoras, bowler derbies, baseball caps, MICKEY EARS, top hats, sombreros, or anything with lace and flowers will be removed from the vessel– head included. A grace period of one minute is allowed for hats looted from a tailory.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:56 AM   #6
Scottwdw
PS Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesTD
Very nice picture Scott oh and BTW

GO HABS GO
Thanks and the Les Boys are going to make me a nervous wreck this year! Another OT/SO last night! The did get the extra point by winning the shootout this time. Hopefully, they can get through the next month while they wait for some of the injuried to return.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:27 AM   #7
ducklite
Take the Poly, it's fabulous!
Another Mama Melroses fan here!
I am SO in! And I don't care if my friends all think I'm a dork because of it

I actually take photo's of musicians professionally.

The photo of Charley Daniels has very nice clarity, it would have been better taken from the other side so the bow didn't cover his face, and would have had less shadows. Was this at what was formerly Miller Court? (Might be Chevrolet Court now??) Here's a neat one I took of Kenny Wayne Shepherd there earlier this year:

Technically it's not a good photo, but it's just kinda cool

The other two were either taken with flash which washed out the subject, or they were altered with Photoshop to sharpen them which washed them out.

Please take this as it's meant--as constructive criticism! I have two mentors who criticize my work, and it's healped me tremendously!!!

Anne

Last edited by ducklite; 11-23-2005 at 08:57 AM.
ducklite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 08:42 AM   #8
CharlesTD
Lovin the Mouse since 96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottwdw
Thanks and the Les Boys are going to make me a nervous wreck this year! Another OT/SO last night! The did get the extra point by winning the shootout this time. Hopefully, they can get through the next month while they wait for some of the injuried to return.

Yes they need to sharpen up the power play and their defensive end coverage or tey are in big trouble especially with Theodore playing as shaky as he is. We are heading to Buffalo for the HABS Sabres game on Feb 9th we got 7 lower bowl seats section 115 for 364 dollars.
CharlesTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 09:25 AM   #9
MICKEY88
100% Male Disney nut!

ducklite

your mail box is full

Old 11-23-2005, 09:59 AM   #10
Scottwdw
PS Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesTD
Yes they need to sharpen up the power play and their defensive end coverage or tey are in big trouble especially with Theodore playing as shaky as he is. We are heading to Buffalo for the HABS Sabres game on Feb 9th we got 7 lower bowl seats section 115 for 364 dollars.
Well, if any of your party drops out, let me know! :D They play at Buffalo this Friday and then Toronto on Saturday. I hope they beat the Leafs there since they've beat us both times at the Bell Center.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:03 AM   #11
Scottwdw
PS Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducklite
I actually take photo's of musicians professionally.

The photo of Charley Daniels has very nice clarity, it would have been better taken from the other side so the bow didn't cover his face, and would have had less shadows. Was this at what was formerly Miller Court? (Might be Chevrolet Court now??) Here's a neat one I took of Kenny Wayne Shepherd there earlier this year:
Yep, it's Chevrolet Court at the moment but most people still call it Miller Court.

I wasn't able to move to the other side of the stage due to the crowd but I kind of like the bow where it is. I hear you about the shadows but hard to get away from that with his hat and time of day. He's there every year so I'm hoping for better results next time. I don't think the on camera flash would have helped in this case because of the distance. Looking at an SB600/800 flash unit to add to my photo bag. I have an old SB-25 but I had just gotten the camera and wasn't ready to figure out how to use that in Auto mode with the D70.

I like yours in that you caught a great moment with the hair. Sometimes that overrides the technical aspects. YWIM?

Last edited by Scottwdw; 11-23-2005 at 10:09 AM.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:44 AM   #12
MICKEY88
100% Male Disney nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottwdw
Yep, it's Chevrolet Court at the moment but most people still call it Miller Court.

I wasn't able to move to the other side of the stage due to the crowd but I kind of like the bow where it is. I hear you about the shadows but hard to get away from that with his hat and time of day. He's there every year so I'm hoping for better results next time. I don't think the on camera flash would have helped in this case because of the distance. Looking at an SB600/800 flash unit to add to my photo bag. I have an old SB-25 but I had just gotten the camera and wasn't ready to figure out how to use that in Auto mode with the D70.

I like yours in that you caught a great moment with the hair. Sometimes that overrides the technical aspects. YWIM?
if you have good editing software it's real easy to select his face and lighten it a little...

I like the shot the way it is, it has more of a real feeling, if it was too perfect it would look more like a studip shot..

Old 11-23-2005, 10:51 AM   #13
Geoff_M
DIS Veteran, DVC Member, "Cum Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc"

Paul Newman's a pretty nice guy. I've gotten to chat with him a couple of times over the years.

"Cry 'Havoc', and let slip Tomas Holmstrom!!!"

"In-a da crease... Out-a da crease... In-a da crease... Out-a da crease!!!!"

"Way, way back many centuries ago... Not long after the Bible began..."
Geoff_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 11:45 AM   #14
ducklite
Take the Poly, it's fabulous!
Another Mama Melroses fan here!
I am SO in! And I don't care if my friends all think I'm a dork because of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY88
ducklite

your mail box is full

Thanks for letting me know--it's all good now

Anne
ducklite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 01:01 PM   #15
Aliki
Mouseketeer

Do NY Yankee players count? I snapped these while they were warming up, prior to a game.

Pitcher Mike Mussina:

Captain Derek Jeter:

Closing pitcher Mariano Rivera:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: